PDA

View Full Version : Does watching this make you mad and/or fire you up??

TE
04-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Game 1
tSerVBppBgE

One of the most frustrating games I remember watching that season...of course at that point it was the most frustrating.

:lol Matt Bonner being on fire at the very end and Richard "faggot" Jefferson not giving him the opportunity to hit the potential three point tying shot.

Game 2
zGKy0i9SXXM

Good overall game, if it wasn't for Manu's return, the series could have very well been 0-2 in favor of the Grizzlies.

Game 3
ny_n501eaHs

The Spurs were in the game at the end despite being down 10+ early. I specifically remember Randolph hitting a ridiculous amount of fluky shots culminating with a back breaking three point shot at the end. The Spurs could have tied it at the end had the refs seen Pop signaling for a timeout, but oh well, like the majority of the series proceeded the Spurs just couldn't catch that game winning break.

Game 4
iiN8-IspVas

Worst game of the series. Our guys just downright quit imo. Absolutely nothing was going for the Spurs this game. The entire Memphis squad were on a roll offensively hitting fluky shot after fluky shot coupling that with hustle on both ends. It was just an absolute abomination of basketball.

Game 5
PgmfvjKQtCI

Our guys got up early on the young squad only for them to come back and eventually take a lead throughout the fourth. Almost every player wearing white and black looked tired in the fourth but with the late game heroics of Manu and Gary, the series was to be extended for one last game.

Game 6
p0WdXD51_6Q

Back breaking game. The Grizzlies got up on the Spurs early on but the Spurs managed to make an admirable comeback. Randolph closed out the Spurs by making some of the most incredibly tough shots a bigman could take. As a die hard spur fan, I can't remember a more deflating and depressing moment. Getting knocked off and embarrassed by an eighth seed that wanted to play the Spurs.

Every now and then I look back to these highlights, particularly the ones from game 1, 3, 4, and of course 6, and take solace that I know these special group of players won't allow the same embarrassing shit to happen again.

I have said it here before countless times, I hope we draw the Grizzlies.

Payback is a motherf*cker. :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

timtonymanu
04-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Before the series started, I thought "Meh. Grizzlies are a good team but Spurs in 6."

Game 1: Manu didn't play. It's okay we'll take Game 2.
Game 2: See, that's more like it, but the Spurs still didn't play too well. As long as they split one of the road games.
Game 3: Spurs almost won that. They'll take Game 4.
Game 4: Well fuck ....
Game 5: I love you Gary Neal! Spurs are back in it.
Game 6: Well fuck ... Fuck Richard Jefferson. I hope he's not in a Spurs jersey next season.

Bill_Brasky
04-23-2012, 07:30 PM
I want the Grizz in the second round for sure. I wanna punk them and skunk them on their own homecourt.

TE
04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
I want the Grizz in the second round for sure. I wanna punk them and skunk them on their own homecourt.

Hell yeah.

spurs1990
04-23-2012, 10:32 PM
We've got 9 players from that series who are probably itching for another shot at Memphis.

SpurinDallas
04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
We've got 9 players from that series who are probably itching for another shot at Memphis.

Not to mention an entire fanbase who want to put the care bears to hibernation early. Fuck those guys

100%duncan
04-23-2012, 10:47 PM
What's the point of reminding us of the year we got curbstomped by 8?

TE
04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
What's the point of reminding us of the year we got curbstomped by 8?

Anger. How can you attempt to forget when it's one of the most embarrassing moments in the history of this franchise.

That said, it should be used as a medium to get fired up for the postseason altogether.

TE
04-23-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/NpX22JPSm-w

A million times worse, tbh.

Yeah but was this an eighth seed? Did that laker squad have no name players destroy us?

VBM
04-23-2012, 11:06 PM
With Splitter undeveloped and no Diaw there was no way we were getting past the Lakers last year, tbh.

and actually yes, Derek Fisher and Devean George in 2004 didn't have nearly the talent Zbo, Gasol, Conley, Mayo etc. have today.

We wouldn't have seen the Lakers last year thanks to Dallas.

NRHector
04-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Memphis was not a legit 8, they tank to be at the 8 spot because they had a plan already, they scouted the Spurs and knew what they were doing

TE
04-23-2012, 11:09 PM
With Splitter undeveloped and no Diaw there was no way we were getting past the Lakers last year, tbh.

and actually yes, Derek Fisher and Devean George in 2004 didn't have nearly the talent Zbo, Gasol, Conley, Mayo etc. have today.

Your talking about the Lakers, and you have a valid point, but this is the first round opponent against an eight seed.

Oh, and there is a reason they were the eighth seed.

Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton, and other quality role players > the entire grizzlies
roster

100%duncan
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Anger. How can you attempt to forget when it's one of the most embarrassing moments in the history of this franchise.

That said, it should be used as a medium to get fired up for the postseason altogether.

I'm sure our guys are already fired up. No need to bring back those memories here.

TE
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah, Memphis if i remember correctly had the best record following the Allstar break and the spurs were a .500 ball club. They weren't a prototypical eighth seed but they still were an eighth seed. Imo, there arent moral losses in basketball, you lose to who you lose to.

TE
04-23-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm sure our guys are already fired up. No need to bring back those memories here.

How do you know? :lol

Those memories should be brought back as a reminder to what happened.

When they draw the grizzlies and create them a new asshole I'll be bumping this thread. :hat

Spursfan092120
04-23-2012, 11:24 PM

still say the clock didn't start in time. No way he got that off. If he got that off, Danny Green got his shot off against Dallas, tbh.

therealtruth
04-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Memphis was not a legit 8, they tank to be at the 8 spot because they had a plan already, they scouted the Spurs and knew what they were doing

How can you call it tanking? What if they had played those last 2 games and Randolph or Allen got injured?

Supreme_Being
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
it got me fired up... i just want to remind the grizzlies that, well, theyre the grizzlies

Spur|n|Austin
04-23-2012, 11:52 PM
RJ is such a pussy.

Legacy
04-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Redemption time, Bitchezz!

TDomination
04-23-2012, 11:54 PM

Why did i rewatch that....and it was on my bday...man what a horrible bday that was.

This was the most pain ive ever felt from a professional sport.

100%duncan
04-23-2012, 11:57 PM
How do you know? :lol

Those memories should be brought back as a reminder to what happened.

When they draw the grizzlies and create them a new asshole I'll be bumping this thread. :hat

:lol It just makes me sad,bro. All of the stuff the team's been through. :depressed

Legacy
04-23-2012, 11:58 PM
... And I didn't even watch the video(s). Fuck 'em.

Legacy
04-24-2012, 12:48 AM
.................................................. ......

Legacy
04-24-2012, 05:23 AM

BTW, I meant fuck The Grizzlies, not the videos you took the time to post, triggeredexcellence. Even though they are pretty much one in the same. :lol

buttsR4rebounding
04-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Season was completely different. Last year we got off to the smoking hot start and were stumbling at the end. If you will remember Tim got hurt with about 2 weeks or so left in the season and missed a couple of games. He was never quite the same after that. We went on a six game losing streak and weren't playing our best ball and we still had RJ. This year we got off to a slow start, got Manu's injury out of the way early, and are playing smoking hot ball at the right time...:lobt2:

Dingle Barry
04-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Those game 6 4th qtr Z-Bo shots were truly ridiculous.

TampaDude
04-24-2012, 07:29 AM
We'll sweep the Grizzlies if we meet them in the playoffs this year.

Jimcs50
04-24-2012, 10:17 AM
You people keep forgetting, the Spurs were horrible the last three weeks of season, they went 4-8 down the stretch.

Manu getting injured was just another reason to worry about that series.

This team is steamrolling into the playoffs, nobody is going to keep them from collecting their 5th and perhaps last ring.

Dex
04-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Damn. I had almost forgotten that Bonner hit two clutch threes in Game 1.

Jumi
04-24-2012, 11:33 AM
It gives me respect for the Grizzles. They went for the kill when they smelled blood in the water! They played their asses off!! It's that simple. It also goes to show that Pop is a great coach/front office guy. The team needed toughness and a mental edge! It's the kinda humbling loss that makes a proud team comeback more focused. RJ had to go, period! He was like that guy from Apocalypto who had fear in his eyes so he couldn't be allowed in the tribe!

We have the same scheme, but players that have an edge to them. Green's swag and Leonard's "Duncan-like" calmness is like fire and ice! Gotta love it!!

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Watching that made me laugh.:lol

A lot:lol

justinandimcool
04-24-2012, 12:12 PM
At first glance it has me a little worried tbh.

The offensive sets and attack were totally the same as this year, which isn't a bad thing

Obviously Green/Leonard/Jack/Diaw/Bonner/Neal/Splitter > Dyess/RJ/Hill/Bonner/Blair/Neal, and I have tons of confidence in our current unit offensively.

But we didn't look that much worse defensively in any of those clips than we do now.

Obviously 3 minute clips don't tell the whole story though :blah

ChumpDumper
04-24-2012, 12:18 PM
spurfan loves to wallow.

The_Worlds_finest
04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
The only anger I get is seeing fuck face jefferson....

Game 1 0 points
Game 2 6 points
Game 3 0 points
Game 4 4 points
Game 5 (wait for it) 16 points
Game 6 13 points

Fuck this dude, fuck everything he was ever about.

The_Worlds_finest
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
You people keep forgetting, the Spurs were horrible the last three weeks of season, they went 4-8 down the stretch.

Manu getting injured was just another reason to worry about that series.

This team is steamrolling into the playoffs, nobody is going to keep them from collecting their 5th and perhaps last ring.

Not withstanding a change in the first round result, Duncan going down was a good thing, thus not resulting in the potential combonation of franchise reg season win married up with first round ousting.

The_Worlds_finest
04-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Watching that made me laugh.:lol

A lot:lol

Bitch please, whats the direction your team has gone since the 2nd round sweep of last year?

smaka
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Damn this series still makes my heart hurt, but if we meet them this year ----> payback time ----> sweep time

:lobt2:

therealtruth
04-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Those game 6 4th qtr Z-Bo shots were truly ridiculous.

He got warmed up by abusing Bonner.

said7
04-24-2012, 04:57 PM
I'll never forget that game 5. Absolutely bananas.

spurs4real
04-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I went to Game 1 last year and it was the longest walk to my car!

DMC
04-24-2012, 05:40 PM
It destroys me that, if the Spurs don't win it all this year, their stars will still have 10's of millions for playing a game, and that they will vacation on islands in situations we only dream about.

Yeah, I'm crushed.

TE
05-18-2013, 05:20 AM
Game 1
tSerVBppBgE

One of the most frustrating games I remember watching that season...of course at that point it was the most frustrating.

:lol Matt Bonner being on fire at the very end and Richard "faggot" Jefferson not giving him the opportunity to hit the potential three point tying shot.

Game 2
zGKy0i9SXXM

Good overall game, if it wasn't for Manu's return, the series could have very well been 0-2 in favor of the Grizzlies.

Game 3
ny_n501eaHs

The Spurs were in the game at the end despite being down 10+ early. I specifically remember Randolph hitting a ridiculous amount of fluky shots culminating with a back breaking three point shot at the end. The Spurs could have tied it at the end had the refs seen Pop signaling for a timeout, but oh well, like the majority of the series proceeded the Spurs just couldn't catch that game winning break.

Game 4
iiN8-IspVas

Worst game of the series. Our guys just downright quit imo. Absolutely nothing was going for the Spurs this game. The entire Memphis squad were on a roll offensively hitting fluky shot after fluky shot coupling that with hustle on both ends. It was just an absolute abomination of basketball.

Game 5
PgmfvjKQtCI

Our guys got up early on the young squad only for them to come back and eventually take a lead throughout the fourth. Almost every player wearing white and black looked tired in the fourth but with the late game heroics of Manu and Gary, the series was to be extended for one last game.

Game 6
p0WdXD51_6Q

Back breaking game. The Grizzlies got up on the Spurs early on but the Spurs managed to make an admirable comeback. Randolph closed out the Spurs by making some of the most incredibly tough shots a bigman could take. As a die hard spur fan, I can't remember a more deflating and depressing moment. Getting knocked off and embarrassed by an eighth seed that wanted to play the Spurs.

Every now and then I look back to these highlights, particularly the ones from game 1, 3, 4, and of course 6, and take solace that I know these special group of players won't allow the same embarrassing shit to happen again.

I have said it here before countless times, I hope we draw the Grizzlies.

Payback is a motherf*cker. :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit
BUMP...

What a difference two years makes tbh. No Dick Jefferson, no gimpy washed up McDyess, no George Hill, less Bonner/Blair...

KenziE
05-18-2013, 07:10 AM
T Allen has it coming he disrespected the spurs all the way fuck Memphis cant wait for it to start

Legacy
05-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Still the same...

Redemption time, Bitchezz!