PDA

View Full Version : Coach wants Robin Lopez suspended

Sportstudi
04-24-2012, 05:02 AM
By Arash Markazi | ESPNLosAngeles.com (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7844115/los-angeles-clippers-coach-vinny-del-negro-wants-robin-lopez-suspended-blake-griffin-foul)

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said Phoenix Suns center Robin Lopez should have been suspended for his flagrant foul on Blake Griffin last Thursday and shouldn't have been allowed to play until Griffin recovered from the injury he sustained.

More on the Clippers

For more news, notes and analysis of the L.A. Clippers, check out the Clippers Report. Blog

"I have an issue that Blake got hit that hard and he is in pain and he is still in pain and the player that did that played yesterday," Del Negro said. "I have a problem with that. I don't know how the league wants us to deal with that because then it will get out of hand."

Lopez played in Phoenix's 118-107 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Saturday and finished with eight points and five rebounds in 15 minutes. Griffin started the Clippers' game against the New Orleans Hornets on Sunday, but his neck was still stiff to the point he could not move it without pain. He scored 21 points and had 15 rebounds in 37 minutes of Los Angeles' 107-98 win.

"To me it doesn't make a lot of sense when a player gets a flagrant 2 and he's able to play and the other player is still in pain," Del Negro said. "To me what makes sense is that player doesn't play until that player is healthy and playing. ... The league needs to step up and do something in terms of making a statement, not just for Blake but for any player."

Lolz... Come on Vinny, cry me a river. Until Fake Griffin stops being a pussy, flopping, constantly whining, trash talking and staring people down, and because of that voluntarily inviting other players to take him out, those players (like Lopez) will continue to do exactly that.

buttsR4rebounding
04-24-2012, 07:12 AM
So he plays 37 minutes, scores over his season average, rebounds over his season average, but he's not healthy. Hey Vinnie, pull your head out of Griffin's crotch and STFU!!!

Reck
04-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Dude I can cleary see why the Laker fans hate this team with a passion.

After seeing their commentaries the other day I can safely say that they are much bigger and obnoxious then the Lakers announcers themselves.

They think they're the child that got denied glory. :lmao

Jt.ONE
04-24-2012, 11:44 AM
but his neck was still stiff to the point he could not move it without pain.

He scored 21 points and had 15 rebounds in 37 minutes

:cry what a warrior :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Griffin is a sissy cuck, but what Lopez did was a dirty play no matter how you slice it. He deserves a 1-2 game suspension for it.

Reck
04-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Griffin is a sissy cuck, but what Lopez did was a dirty play no matter how you slice it. He deserves a 1-2 game suspension for it.

Fragrant yes, but suspension worthy I think not.

They probably reviewed this incident and saw Blake flopping and acting like he got shot in the face. I think that was a deciding factor on whether to suspend Lopez or not.

Matter of fact, that whole Clipper team is picking up on Chris Paul flopping ways. Did you see that blind screen Evans put on Vasquez the other day? They called that a fragrant 2 on Vasquez. Refs went to the video and saw the Evans flopped and resended that fragrant 2 to just a personal foul on the spot.

namlook
04-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Contact happens in sports. You take the shot and keep going instead of crying about it. I thought it was a flagrant but not ejection worthy and certainly not suspension worthy.

FkLA
04-24-2012, 05:20 PM

:lol Ive always found your hatred and bias towards the Suns hilarious given the fact that youre a fan of them.

That foul wasnt even that bad. It was hard, possibly worthy of an ejection but not even close to warranting a suspension imo.