PDA

View Full Version : _Jason Thompson Blames the ref, do you agree?

mouse
06-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Your favorite tree hugger Jason Thompson is on WOAI radio blaming the refs again, how lame is that?

I saw the game and If Tim Duncan makes a few more free throws Spurs are in OT, It's bad enough you guys had the river barges all gassed up already, but to not give the Pistons props and to blame the refs is tasteless and shows no class,

I wonder if GOD is upset with the Spurs?

E20
06-21-2005, 11:38 PM
It wasn't the ref, it was with the Spurs playing bad during the 4th(we were down by like 1 and could have gotten it!) and the Pistons played better.

I wonder if GOD is upset with the Spurs?
I did some bad things during half time that I'm not proud of.

JoeChalupa
06-21-2005, 11:39 PM
NO WAY JOSE! Refs had nothing to do with this game.

Detroit took it to the Spurs.

Let's deal with it and move on!!!!!

Tobias
06-21-2005, 11:40 PM
They went easy on Det in the second half, but its nothing the Spurs couldn't have played through

Zarko
I would like to see a moving screen called at least once on Thursday. Without that crafty offensive "tool", billups and hamilton would not receive so many wide ass open shots.

Bitching about the refs is lame however...

We lost this one on our own.

Feed the big man and let him eat in game 7. If we do indeed lose (which will not happen), I want to do it at the hands of our franchise player who has been there and delivered us 2 championships in the past and another one on Thursday. Settling for Tony Parker 3 pointers is unacceptable.

rolbaza
Your favorite tree hugger Jason Thompson is on WOAI radio blaming the refs again, how lame is that?

... and to blame the refs is tasteless and shows no class,

You would know all about class mouse

samikeyp
06-21-2005, 11:41 PM
nope...the Spurs got out played.

nkdlunch
Nope. Spurs gave the game away.

FreshPrince22
Wow, the Pistons were getting bad calls left and right in the first half. Danny crawford is a known Piston hater. Untill tonight I believe the Pistons were 1-7 in the playoffs when he is ref-ing. The 2nd half was called decent. Hopefully they let the teams play in game 7. Should be a great game.
________
LadyJalyn cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/LadyJalyn)

sr6259
06-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Really! About those boats being gassed up - Hello - who were the stupid city officials who were talking about the parade being scheduled on Thursday - that only added fuel to the fire - It really pissed the Pistons off! They kept harping on the fact and it was even on the Pistons chalkboard! Hello city officials - were you any stupider!!!!!

2centsworth
06-21-2005, 11:42 PM
homer

Tobias
06-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Really! About those boats being gassed up - Hello - who were the stupid city officials who were talking about the parade being scheduled on Thursday - that only added fuel to the fire - It really pissed the Pistons off! They kept harping on the fact and it was even on the Pistons chalkboard! Hello city officials - were you any stupider!!!!!
Like they aren't planning the parade in Det right now. Or if they had won game 5. Get real.

Tek_XX
06-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Yeah the spurs lost this game, they could have played through it. The only complaint is that moving screen, the refs are choosing not to call it, i guess they don't want to take there bread and butter away.

hussker
06-21-2005, 11:46 PM
BUT...Bennett Salvatore...He has never reffed a game the Spurs Won...just a thought...he is to the Tim Spurs what Steve Javie was to the Dave Spurs...if you need a reminder on that, look at the 1995 Western Conference Finals....We NEVER win when Salvatore refs...GUARANTEE... I told my wife tonight before tip off when they announce Salvatore was a ref, that we would lose...

ReppinTheD
06-21-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't think that's why you guys lost, but I do think it had an affect on both teams. We know that both teams are physical, defensive mind set teams; with the referees today, who are notoriously known to call ticky - tacky fouls limited both teams on their defense.

The Pistons don't like them either, but thats how it has to happen sometimes.

Tom_Foolery
06-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Spurs were flopping, looking for calls.

Both Manu & Bowen missed defensive assignments flopping and waiting for calls from the refs, which all ended up in Pistons scoring.

mouse
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
You would know all about class mouse

I have enough to know how to go in a topic an answer the dam question w/o the cheap 1995 insults

If I have no class then I should be an expert on knowing who doesn't either. you ever think about that you sore losing ass hole? how is it on the river all by yourself ? :lmao

FreshPrince22
06-21-2005, 11:51 PM
BUT...Bennett Salvatore...He has never reffed a game the Spurs Won...just a thought...he is to the Tim Spurs what Steve Javie was to the Dave Spurs...if you need a reminder on that, look at the 1995 Western Conference Finals....We NEVER win when Salvatore refs...GUARANTEE... I told my wife tonight before tip off when they announce Salvatore was a ref, that we would lose...

Pistons were 1-7 when Danny Crawford is a referee in the playoffs untill tonight. You guys were 2-1 in the playoffs with Salvatore before tonight. How bout the quick tech's when Crawford was hanging out by the Piston's huddle??? The dude hates Rasheed and every team he's on.
________
SweetBabe_18 (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SweetBabe_18)

hussker
06-21-2005, 11:52 PM
BOTTOM LINE: Salvatore refs, SPURS lose...Most accurate stat of the night

Tek_XX
06-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Pistons were 1-7 when Danny Crawford is a referee in the playoffs untill tonight. You guys were 2-1 in the playoffs with Salvatore before tonight. How bout the quick tech's when Crawford was hanging out by the Piston's huddle??? The dude hates Rasheed and every team he's on.

Dude the way your team was jawing, your lucky you only had two but i don't expect the refs to give the appearance they are piling on.

FCBarca
06-22-2005, 12:13 AM
I think the stat to monitor is the freethrow disparity...San Antonio is getting to the line at a far greater rate than Detroit in every game except one...Piston fans complain about a lack of respect from the officials because it's a pattern...During the regular season, the Pistons allow the least amount of freethrows per game in the NBA...Yet, in the playoffs, they continue to be outshot at the freethrow line...Win it on the court not on the line.

Zarko
06-22-2005, 12:22 AM
I think the stat to monitor is the freethrow disparity...San Antonio is getting to the line at a far greater rate than Detroit in every game except one...Piston fans complain about a lack of respect from the officials because it's a pattern...During the regular season, the Pistons allow the least amount of freethrows per game in the NBA...Yet, in the playoffs, they continue to be outshot at the freethrow line...Win it on the court not on the line.

Maybe style of play has something to do with the disparity. Your team consistently settles for jump shots as their primary offensive attack methods (billups, hamilton, and rasheed). It apparently is working well but one downside to this strategy is you are not going to the line as much.

Compare this to SA who have Manu and Parker driving with Duncan taking it to the rack whenever he is fortunate to get the ball passed to him. That said, the free throws were about even.

Take away the moving screens your team gets away with and you will struggle on offense guaranteed.

FCBarca
06-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Take away the moving screens your team gets away with and you will struggle on offense guaranteed.

And agree to disagree on this point, I see a San Antonio team that is constantly moving on screens as much as Spurs fans claim the Pistons are guilty of...It's a wash at best, IMHO.

T Park
06-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Glad we have MORE pistons fans to tell us how horrible we are.

GTFO.

BTW, Mouse, dont you have a classified to follow up on for christ sake.

FreshPrince22
06-22-2005, 12:48 AM
And agree to disagree on this point, I see a San Antonio team that is constantly moving on screens as much as Spurs fans claim the Pistons are guilty of...It's a wash at best, IMHO.

yep, stern has turned this league into an offense-first league. You arent alowed to breathe on a guy on the perimiter as a defender, but you're allowed (not technically, but practically) to set moving screens and push off, etc. All teams do it now adays.

These are 2 teams that go against what the NBA is all about nowadays.
________
BOOBSBIG4U LIVE (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/boobsbig4u)

zocool16
06-22-2005, 12:49 AM
if anything the spurs got more calls than the pistons

combs84
06-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Ha, a Spurs fan complaining about OUR moving screens. Funny.

FreshPrince22
06-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Glad we have MORE pistons fans to tell us how horrible we are.

GTFO.

BTW, Mouse, dont you have a classified to follow up on for christ sake.

who said "you're" horrible?? I think the spurs are a GREAT team. I am always amazed at those 9-10 pass possesions that end up with WIDE-open threes, and the suffocating defense, etc. I just don't want to here the ref story when the Pistons have been on the ass-end of tons of calls in this series. Even Spurs fans can admit that.
________
CHEAP GLASS BONGS (http://glassgallery.tumblr.com/glass-bongs/)

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2005, 01:01 AM
mouse you're full of crap.

On Game Night React both guys said it was Larry > Pop that decided it.

timvp
06-22-2005, 01:31 AM
The refs called a perfect game for the Spurs. They gave the Spurs pretty much all the calls. There were some amazing bail out calls for Manu and Nazr during the game.

That's the scary thing.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 01:32 AM
True. If anything, this game was biased in favor of the Spurs, not against them.

T Park
06-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Spurs didn't take advantage of it.

They didn't take advantage of ANYTHING!!!

down 1, with 2 minutes to go.

That is your oppurtunity to TAKE A GODDAMN RING!!!

Good lord.....

mouse
06-22-2005, 01:36 AM
mouse you're full of crap.

On Game Night React both guys said it was Larry > Pop that decided it.

You have 200 cash ? I can play the tape for you.