PDA

View Full Version : March & April - By the Numbers

dougp
04-24-2012, 07:58 AM
I just saw Solid D's thread about numbers since the Jefferson trade, but the numbers from March & April are also interesting.

March
Spurs Avg Opp Avg Tim Min Tony Min Manu Min
107.13 98.60 27.27 28.40 19

During March, Tim had 1 DNP, Tony had 2 DNPs, and Manu had 4 DNPs - all while also averaging under 30 minutes each in game time. Their record for the month was 12-3 and the point differential was 8.53 points.

Moving on to April, here's the numbers.

April
Spurs Avg Opp Avg Tim Min Tony Min Manu Min
110.86 95.43 20.64 23.36 20.86

During April, Tim had 3 DNPs, while Tony & Manu both had 1 DNP each. What we see is significant though - the team has increased it's point differential to 15 points, moving each average by 3 in opposite directions. All this while the Big 3 have averaged less than 25 minutes EACH. This is extremely significant as we move into the playoffs - our roleplayers are allowed to become acclimated to the system while we are still winning. This is boosting their confidence, as well as easing the load on our stars. Another interesting stat is if we hold our opponent under 100 points - their average is 93.5 while the Spurs average is over their monthly average at 111.25, a 17.75 difference!

Dates to keep in mind:
March 16 - Richard Jefferson traded for Stephen Jackson
WL Record Since - 19-3
March 23 - Spurs acquire Boris Diaw
WL Record Since - 18-2
March 27 - Spurs acquire Patty Mills
WL Record Since - 15-2

All I know is, I can't wait for the postseason - and as always,

:lobt2::flag: BELIEVE! :flag::lobt2:

Russo21
04-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Fuck off we are really 19-3 since the Jax/RJ trade?

That's kickass shit. Last year we limped into the playoffs, this year we are heading for the playoffs pummeling the shit out of opponents.

That's some good shit right there fuck i love what we did around the deadline.

Drachen
04-24-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but for me the turning point of the season wasn't when Jeff was traded (though it was important). I think that the biggest difference this year is our young guns and I feel that they came into their own in January against Dallas (101-100 loss). After watching that game, I felt different about the team and the young guys, from that point forward seemed to get better and better.

Dingle Barry
04-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Fuck off we are really 19-3 since the Jax/RJ trade?

That's kickass shit. Last year we limped into the playoffs, this year we are heading for the playoffs pummeling the shit out of opponents.

That's some good shit right there fuck i love what we did around the deadline.

19-2 excluding the Utah forfeit game.

Mr. Body
04-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but for me the turning point of the season wasn't when Jeff was traded (though it was important). I think that the biggest difference this year is our young guns and I feel that they came into their own in January against Dallas (101-100 loss). After watching that game, I felt different about the team and the young guys, from that point forward seemed to get better and better.

That was a major turning point, absolutely. It gave the starters and Pop the confidence to ride the non-Big Three players as much as they have, to rest themselves. It gave those bench guys huge confidence. It set the tone for grit and determination and gave the team a new soul.

Mel_13
04-24-2012, 09:31 AM

36-7 since that game.

Take out the two forfeits and it's 36-5. That's half of an 82 game season at a 72 win pace.

Fabbs
04-24-2012, 09:40 AM
36-7 since that game.

Take out the two forfeits and it's 36-5. That's half of an 82 game season at a 72 win pace.
36-5 minus
19-3
17-2 Dickheads record in his own final 19 games?

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2012, 09:43 AM
That's half of an 82 game season at a 72 win pace.

72-win pace accomplished (as we've established at great length) without killing anyone with massive minutes -- even through 2 back-to-back-to-backs and 11 back-to-backs.

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2012, 09:44 AM
That was a major turning point, absolutely. It gave the starters and Pop the confidence to ride the non-Big Three players as much as they have, to rest themselves. It gave those bench guys huge confidence. It set the tone for grit and determination and gave the team a new soul.

And still, people were pissed that Pop "gave up" that night and didn't bring back the starters to go for the kill.