PDA

View Full Version : I was disappointed in two players.

2centsworth
06-21-2005, 11:40 PM
1. Nazr. Though he made a few plays, he consistently misses crucial layups down the stretch.

2. Tony. His defense was not good tonight, but it may be the fact that he's too small. Plus, he's got to protect the ball better.

Still Detroit played great.

Tobias
06-21-2005, 11:41 PM
I thought his D was where it usually is, but yeah he wasn'r controlling the ball at all.

Barry. You gotta hit something man. I don't care that you made the putback. It shoulda gone down the first time.

boutons
06-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Spurs were shooting close to 50% at the half, and ending up shooting 41% for the game, meaning they must have shot seriously under 40% in the second half. 41% just isn't going to win a Championship.

The Pistons shot better as the game went on. Spurs just couldn't get stops, couldn't get over the hump.

And, yes, Nazr just isn't a very good player. He has no feel for his individual game, bad hands, can't finish UNDER the fucking basket. He's been in the NBA 7 years and isn't going to get any better.

He gets some RBs and his his FTs pretty good, but that ain't enough. I figure he'll have to fight like hell with Rasho for staring C next season.

Uncle_Rico
06-21-2005, 11:45 PM
well he hit is fts, might have missed one, hit a couple of treys, was busting ass out there.

u should be dissapointed in manu, parker, nazr the most. i guess it's only good to drive to the hoop in the 1st half and become passive in the 2nd. duncan just needs to quit waiting for doubles, telegraphing, and please td quit putting the freaking ball below your waist. in every game so far, they just swipe at it.

Tek_XX
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
1. Nazr. Though he made a few plays, he consistently misses crucial layups down the stretch.

2. Tony. His defense was not good tonight, but it may be the fact that he's too small. Plus, he's got to protect the ball better.

Still Detroit played great.

You're being very nice to Nazr, he usually doesn't get a chance to shoot it let alone miss it. Tony was his usual self, got to the basket more at least in the first half, but how many times has he gone to the basket and lost it in this series...way to much. As far as i'm concerned you might as well cut 10 minutes off Barrys time, he's not that effective against this team regardless of the nice tip in.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Nazr needs to go back to dunking that fucking ball. Where has he gone? He can't catch and then when he does he's not going up strong.

conversekid
06-21-2005, 11:55 PM
we were setting the absolutely WEAKEST screens I've EVER seen... even in pickup ball we set stronger screens... this resulted in tony ending up going one on one against his man.... so many things can be pointed out.

2centsworth
06-21-2005, 11:57 PM
we were setting the absolutely WEAKEST screens I've EVER seen... even in pickup ball we set stronger screens... this resulted in tony ending up going one on one against his man.... so many things can be pointed out.
good call, noticed manu got pissed after a weak nazr screen that helped cause a turnover.

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2005, 12:08 AM
This is the lineup i wanna see next game

rasho/duncan/bowen/gino/parker
have guys comin in of the bench
horry/barry/nazr/udrih/robinson

if the player is hot leave him on the court, fuckn dont sub him pop

im dissapointed in parker cuts into the lane with floater or sumtimes TO, fuck this shit and sumtimes he puts no effort into forcing AND1 but just chucks theball up and flops sumtimes doesnt get the calls, sits on his ass complains while the other team runs down to score. trade him1!!!!!

Tek_XX
06-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Nazr doesn't as much set a screen as he just follows the man down the lane.

constantstate
06-22-2005, 12:13 AM
parker was playing really good until they switched hamilton on him... good ol' larry brown should get all the credit for that one.

nazr hardly touches the ball... he had a few plays that really helped... the problem i saw with him is that he was sealing off his guy... the spurs just werent sending guards in to rebound like they did in detroit.

bball_1523
06-22-2005, 12:24 AM
I cringe when I see Nazr get the ball. That guy is so slow, Oliver Miller might be able to outrun him. Gosh, he needs to run for an hour tomorrow or something. He also takes way too many pump fakes, resulting in steals, and forced up shots that go nowhere.

I too would like to see Rasho in the starting lineup. At Least rasho has a jumper and he's got a taller body to defend down low.

How come devin brown doesn't play? Barry is good, but this entire season he has struggled, and only really showed up for game 1 vs. the suns. He did have some nice plays tonight, but he needs to start busting three's next game. Devin Brown is equally a good shooter as barry, might be even better.

Does parker even practice his shots? If detroit is gonna leave him open, he's gotta make those shots. I could probably make those and I'm 5'4"! Of course I love to shoot more than drive to basket, so parker would probably dust me in a one-on-one matchup.

timvp
06-22-2005, 01:51 AM
1) Nazr is shook and can't finish worth sh!t. The less time he plays ... the better. I don't want him ever getting the ball.

2) Parker played better defense than Bowen. Bowen let Rip go off. There were some key plays in the fourth were Bowen was no place to be found.

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 01:52 AM

Still Detroit played great.and.....
I am disappointed you did not include Manu as #3 in your list. :depressed

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 01:55 AM
Parker played better defense than Bowen. Bowen let Rip go off. There were some key plays in the fourth were Bowen was no place to be found.

I always said there would be a night this series that Rip would be able to get his points -- this was it. He shot 9-for-19 -- still not awesome, but had way to many open looks.

The Spurs have got to tighten up on Chauncey on the perimeter. He shot 5-for-9 from 3. Parker is doing the best he can.

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm reluctant to do this, but I'm very disappointed in Tim's performance tonight. I thought that Tim was extremely soft and unaggressive in stretches. He put up nice numbers and his defensive rebounding was pretty good, but he looks like he wants little or nothing to do with the offensive end -- it's almost like he doesn't really want to be aggressive for fear that he might draw a foul and have to shoot free throws.

The Spurs played their most important game in two years tonight, and Tim Duncan took 14 shots. I figured it was going to be a long night when Tim backed down from a double by Prince and Billups in the first half, and settled for a skip pass to Bowen. Tim has to take that double, attack, and make a difference. If he's going to pass out of small doubles like that, he's not going to be very effective.

timvp
06-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Tim had a stretch in the fourth where I though he wanted to win. Other than that, I wasn't convinced.

MI21
06-22-2005, 02:02 AM
After watching this game and preparing to jump on here and talk about it, I knew Parker would be getting blamed.

I thought he played good solid basketball. Sure Billups was fire for the first 30 minutes of the game, but there wasn't a lot in the final 18. Parker was the only player helping Ginobili out with the scoring load and was actually getting into the lane and creating shots. I liked the balls he showed stepping up and nailing the 3 with 5.00 left in the 4th, after Brent Barry turned down an open shot. He airballed that last shot, but the game was essentially over by then. Who knows what he may have done if he was the one that got some Iso's run for him, I thought he was getting around his man rather easily most of the game.

Unfair blame on Parker, but what can you expect.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:02 AM
What was troubling about Tim tonight was all of a sudden late in the 4th quarter he flipped a switch and aggressively was taking it to the rack. If he could do that in that stretch, why couldn't he make that effort throughout the game?

I'm not really calling him out, but his apparent lack of effort for most of the game bothered me.

baseline bum
06-22-2005, 02:04 AM
I was disappointed as hell in Nazr, and pretty proud of Brent Barry. That putback was huge.

Detroit was flat out amazing tonight. That's one hell of a team the Spurs are going against, and that's why they were the champs... but so were we.

I don't know how to guard Billups on the pick and roll. Neither Duncan, Mohammed, nor Horry is athletic enough to trap it the way Ben Wallace does. Go under the screen and he pops the three. Give em the switch and he gets by Duncan every time. I'm not Pop though.

milkyway21
06-22-2005, 02:25 AM
:huh

i just don't understand, how Duncan could make a difference until the 4th when obviously the plays were not run through him in the first 3 qtrs? He was covered. and it's only in the 4th that i saw Duncan got a lot of passes.

There was no great ball rotation---the REASON why the Spurs won the last 3 series against the Nuggets, Sonics, & Suns...it was simply unseen in game 6.

SLOVENIAN 8
06-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Parker was playing bad. He is to much dribble and try to do something. He must makes plays for other players.

And NAZI! Damit They block him everytime they want. Rasho would do much better belive it or not. ore room for Gino and Parker. Nazi just trying to dunk but they block him almost evry time :pctoss :pctoss

kskonn
06-22-2005, 10:24 AM
yea I would love to see Rasho get some time, it can't hurt us with the way Nazr is playing. I really think Rasho will do a great job of clogging the lane and blocking out on rebounds.

I personally feel that the game 7 will bring the Duncan that we saw in the 4th of game 6 out in the 1st quarter of game 7.

dn0
06-22-2005, 10:25 AM
What was troubling about Tim tonight was all of a sudden late in the 4th quarter he flipped a switch and aggressively was taking it to the rack. If he could do that in that stretch, why couldn't he make that effort throughout the game?

I'm not really calling him out, but his apparent lack of effort for most of the game bothered me.
If a game 7 of the NBA finals can't motivate Tim, he would probe me wrong and destroy the image of a player I thought he was.

SWC Bonfire
06-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I always said there would be a night this series that Rip would be able to get his points -- this was it. He shot 9-for-19 -- still not awesome, but had way to many open looks.

The Spurs have got to tighten up on Chauncey on the perimeter. He shot 5-for-9 from 3. Parker is doing the best he can.

The problem is that Tim switches out w/ TP. We can't afford to have TP on Wallace "in the painted area" and TD on Chauncey "in the 3 point area".

1Parker1
06-22-2005, 10:30 AM
It's weird, but every game I keep expecting Duncan to come out and dominate. I know it's hard for him with the 2 Wallaces, but plays like the one where he was arguing with the ref while the game was still going on which led to a Billup's 3, is not setting a good example for your team. I haven't seen fire in him, I haven't seen much leadership in him--heck wasn't it MANU who had to go over and talk to him before OT started the other game?. I am not going to fault him for missing his FT's--he just sucks at them, likewise with Tony and Bruce. There is nothing they can do at this point. But he needs to focus on not let 1 missed FT affect the rest of his FT's. He needs to be more aggressive, block more shots, and quit playing so passive.

I just keep waiting for his breakout game and it doesn't seem to be coming.

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm reluctant to do this, but I'm very disappointed in Tim's performance tonight. I thought that Tim was extremely soft and unaggressive in stretches. He put up nice numbers and his defensive rebounding was pretty good, but he looks like he wants little or nothing to do with the offensive end -- it's almost like he doesn't really want to be aggressive for fear that he might draw a foul and have to shoot free throws.

The Spurs played their most important game in two years tonight, and Tim Duncan took 14 shots. I figured it was going to be a long night when Tim backed down from a double by Prince and Billups in the first half, and settled for a skip pass to Bowen. Tim has to take that double, attack, and make a difference. If he's going to pass out of small doubles like that, he's not going to be very effective.

Tim can't take shots when they don't give him the ball.

MadDog73
06-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Do you guys think that Nazr can improve?

It's hard to remember back this far, but I seem to recall he was somewhat decent with rebounds and defense in our two first blowout wins this series.

I want that Nazr back. We can't win without another body underneath the basket to help Tim, or Tim will get clobbered by the Wallaces every time. :cuss

The Mask
06-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Parker is the problem for SA. He is clearly overmatched and his backup is a joke. So then you have to take your best defender to play our PG while leaving our best scorer.

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Do you guys think that Nazr can improve?

It's hard to remember back this far, but I seem to recall he was somewhat decent with rebounds and defense in our two first blowout wins this series.

I want that Nazr back. We can't win without another body underneath the basket to help Tim, or Tim will get clobbered by the Wallaces every time. :cuss

Nazr was awesome in the playoffs. He has basically earned Rasho's job. To me, Rasho was very disappointing in the reg season. That said, Nazr has been totally outplayed by the Pistons bigs. Every time I think we're getting a rebound, he's losing it. And when he DOES get a rebound, (in Bill Walton voice) "throw it DOWN big man, throw it DOWN".

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Tim can't take shots when they don't give him the ball.

That's a good point, and I noticed at one point that the Spurs had a possession with two offensive rebounds (read: they reset the offense twice) but where Tim got no touches. Not good.

Still, when Timmy had the ball, he didn't attack as I would have expected him to, with the exception of that 4th Quarter stretch that Kori and timvp mentioned, Tim looked like he didn't really want to compete on the offensive end. He settled for far too many things.

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Still, when Timmy had the ball, he didn't attack as I would have expected him to, with the exception of that 4th Quarter stretch that Kori and timvp mentioned, Tim looked like he didn't really want to compete on the offensive end. He settled for far too many things.

Sad, but true. We need Tim pissed off and focused for game 7.

Spurminator
06-22-2005, 10:43 AM
I thought everyone played adequate, and that was the problem. One or two players have to play great games for us to win. There was really no one player you could point to as the key player... they all played (just) good.

GrandeDavid
06-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I figured it was going to be a long night when Tim backed down from a double by Prince and Billups in the first half, and settled for a skip pass to Bowen. Tim has to take that double, attack, and make a difference. If he's going to pass out of small doubles like that, he's not going to be very effective.

I remember that pass and I was like "what the F-CK!!!?". I also got scared at that point, wondering who this imposter was in Tim Duncan's body.

ctpsb
06-22-2005, 11:20 AM
It's weird, but every game I keep expecting Duncan to come out and dominate. I know it's hard for him with the 2 Wallaces, but plays like the one where he was arguing with the ref while the game was still going on which led to a Billup's 3, is not setting a good example for your team. I haven't seen fire in him, I haven't seen much leadership in him--heck wasn't it MANU who had to go over and talk to him before OT started the other game?. I am not going to fault him for missing his FT's--he just sucks at them, likewise with Tony and Bruce. There is nothing they can do at this point. But he needs to focus on not let 1 missed FT affect the rest of his FT's. He needs to be more aggressive, block more shots, and quit playing so passive.

I just keep waiting for his breakout game and it doesn't seem to be coming.

EXACTLY!!EXACTLY!!EXACTLY!!EXACTLY!!EXACTLY!!EXACT LY!!EXACTLY!!
EXACTLY!!EXACTLY!!EXACTLY!!EXACTLY!!EXACTLY!!EXACT LY!!EXACTLY!!

I have been thinking the same thing. I keep waiting and it just isn't happening.
It's go time now. IF you're the best player on the planet by being paid $120m over seven years and your a superstar, this is the time you put the team on your back and pull it across the finish line. Just one monster game Tim! Just give us one! My goodness Tim, McDyess was guarding you one on one last night!!!!!

2centsworth
06-22-2005, 11:21 AM
The Spurs have got to tighten up on Chauncey on the perimeter. He shot 5-for-9 from 3. Parker is doing the best he can

We need Tony to defend the 3 a little better. Chauncey had way too much space a few times. I'm a big time Parker supporter and defender, so I'm not downing him. He may just be too small.