PDA

View Full Version : Obama gets credit for halting illegal immigration increase...

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2012, 01:34 PM
The economy is so fucked up they realized they were better off staying in Mexico...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tide-turns-on-border-crossing.html

Net migration from Mexico has plummeted to zero thanks to changing demographic and economic conditions on both sides of the border, a new study says, even as political battles over illegal immigration heat up and the issue heads to the U.S. Supreme Court.

After four decades that brought 12 million Mexican immigrants—more than half of them illegally—to the U.S., the curtain has come down on the biggest immigration wave in modern times.

"The net migration flow from Mexico to the United States has stopped and may have reversed," says the report, which is based on an analysis of U.S. and Mexican government data by the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Center.

[More from WSJ.com: When to Clean the Sheets]

The standstill, according to the report, results from declining immigration from Mexico paired with a rising number of people returning south from the U.S. Those trends recently converged, and between 2005 and 2010 about as many Mexicans left the U.S. as flocked here.

jack sommerset
04-24-2012, 01:38 PM
That is good news. God bless.

ChumpDumper
So which group will be the scapegoat now?

clambake
what will arizona have to bitch about now?

SnakeBoy
04-24-2012, 01:40 PM
That is good news. God bless.

How is that good news?

Trill Clinton
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Obama2012

Sportcamper
04-24-2012, 01:48 PM
The economy is so fkd up they realized they were better off staying in Mexico...

Hey give credit where credit is due!...Why just last week Obama created jobs for 11 Colombian women...:tu

boutons_deux
04-24-2012, 01:48 PM
"The economy is so fucked up ..."

because the VRWC deregulation and Repug mismanagement fucked it up.

A huge factor is the extreme violence all along the MX side of the border.

So thank all the druggies north of the border for keeping demand up, and the PIC keeping the war on drugs going full blast.

Barry's ICE has been very aggressive in deporting illegal aliens who were criminals.

cantthinkofanything
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
So which group will be the scapegoat now?

The children of the original evil Mexican imports.

jack sommerset
04-24-2012, 03:22 PM
How is that good news?

Bless your heart. Illegal immigration is being cut down. God bless.

boutons_deux
04-24-2012, 03:33 PM
estimates are that AZ is 40K short of workers to do the work the departed immigrants did.

Wild Cobra
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
estimates are that AZ is 40K short of workers to do the work the departed immigrants did.

Start making the people work who are getting tax dollars from us through the government.

z0sa
04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Obama is responsible for many hundreds of thousands of deportations, most of them Mexicans. Right wingers should be pleased :)

Wild Cobra
04-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Obama is responsible for many hundreds of thousands of deportations, most of them Mexicans. Right wingers should be pleased :)
Reemind me again...

How many more border agents and other aspect of border control were authorized under Bush, and how long does it take these things to become effective...

clambake
04-24-2012, 03:58 PM
is that water heavy?

Wild Cobra
04-24-2012, 04:11 PM
is that water heavy?
Why do you want to talk about deuterium?

z0sa
04-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Reemind me again...

How many more border agents and other aspect of border control were authorized under Bush, and how long does it take these things to become effective...

this was supposed to be the part where you list the facts behind such an argument... not ask for them.

RandomGuy
04-24-2012, 05:08 PM
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/10/11/think_again_global_aging

RandomGuy
04-24-2012, 05:09 PM

He is indeed. It is a nasty aspect to his administration that hispanics need to call him on.

Deporting abuelita is not a way to win votes.

RandomGuy
04-24-2012, 05:16 PM

If you have any good news articles on the effects, I would be interested.

My gut says it will ulimately be a mixed bag, long term drain.

With the cessation of immigrant flows, those who stay, get old, and their kids are US citizens.

Another 20-40 years or so, and they will have the same socio-economic charactoristics as everybody else, and those citizens will be paying taxes.

Wild Cobra
04-25-2012, 02:17 AM
this was supposed to be the part where you list the facts behind such an argument... not ask for them.
I've seen the facts. I'm not going to search for them to show others. We have debated this in the past. I was just reminding people that things were put in motion before Obama was president. Do you remember that or not? If you want to give him credit for it, then it would be in his senate vote. But.... I believe he voted NO to the legislation.

Wild Cobra
04-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Another 20-40 years or so, and they will have the same socio-economic charactoristics as everybody else, and those citizens will be paying taxes.
In another 20-40 years, I think it's possible Mexico will erect a fence to keep out illegal immigration from USA citizens.

Sec24Row7
04-25-2012, 08:14 AM
What about all the OTM's? This just says "Mexico"

boutons_deux
04-25-2012, 08:59 AM
He is indeed. It is a nasty aspect to his administration that hispanics need to call him on.

Deporting undocumented criminals is OK.

The problem is states like AZ trumping federal law and profiling, rounding up, and deporting undocumented non-criminals. ICE is involved there.

z0sa
04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
I've seen the facts. I'm not going to search for them to show others. We have debated this in the past. I was just reminding people that things were put in motion before Obama was president. Do you remember that or not? If you want to give him credit for it, then it would be in his senate vote. But.... I believe he voted NO to the legislation.

?? This breaks down to you telling me "trust me, I'm right." And I'm not blind to the fact presidents serve short periods of time and are constantly influencing the nation throughout that period of time and for some time afterwards; they were the President after all. I just think that all the deportations from early 2001 to 2008 are considered Bush's. And the same goes for Obama from January 2009 to whenever the next person steps in. Do you have an argument for thinking something different?

boutons_deux
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
"I was just reminding people that things were put in motion"

the policy of deporting criminal aliens exploded under dubya. that's HIS change in policy, not dubya's

RandomGuy
02-28-2019, 03:22 PM
The economy is so fucked up they realized they were better off staying in Mexico...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tide-turns-on-border-crossing.html

Net migration from Mexico has plummeted to zero thanks to changing demographic and economic conditions on both sides of the border, a new study says, even as political battles over illegal immigration heat up and the issue heads to the U.S. Supreme Court.

After four decades that brought 12 million Mexican immigrants—more than half of them illegally—to the U.S., the curtain has come down on the biggest immigration wave in modern times.

"The net migration flow from Mexico to the United States has stopped and may have reversed," says the report, which is based on an analysis of U.S. and Mexican government data by the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Center.

[More from WSJ.com: When to Clean the Sheets]

The standstill, according to the report, results from declining immigration from Mexico paired with a rising number of people returning south from the U.S. Those trends recently converged, and between 2005 and 2010 about as many Mexicans left the U.S. as flocked here.

but... WALL!!!

:rollin

RandomGuy
02-28-2019, 03:23 PM

Deporting abuelita is not a way to win votes.

Still is. Obama sucked that one hard. The more we found out.. the worse it looked.

Isitjustme?
02-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Still is. Obama sucked that one hard. The more we found out.. the worse it looked.
Lol open borders