PDA

View Full Version : Glad I was wrong

waybackfan
04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
I remember very lean days as a spurs fan. Tim Duncan ushered in a time of milk and honey. I was proud of the team. Proud of the winning and the way they were winning. The disrespect paid by the national media never bothered me. Low ratings? As far as I was concerned, that was the loss of basketball fans nationwide. The nba bellyached about the boring spurs and then ran for cover when the thugs and malcontents they chose to promote imploded (spree, A.I., etc). The spurs were a real gem.

Sadly, last spring I thought the era of winning was over. I thought out proud warriors could no longer fight the good fight. Now , I wasn't the fan screaming at the tube "Duncan what the hell are you doing?" I just felt, no mater how he may try, Duncan was done. I felt that my favorite player ever (Manu) had become too fragile to be the x-factor he had been. And Tony, I viewed as a formerly fast point whose speed had abandoned him while he never developed the true point skills necessary to take the helm of the team.

I became convinced that the prudent road to recovery was to jettison Duncan and his contract and to miss the playoffs. Garner a good early pick and wish for little luck in rebuilding with new pieces. Last years regular season exploits didn't ring true. We needed good young players. We would have to suffer some lean times to gradually grow into a contender yet again.

I am thankful for the new young players (green, kawhi, patty) and the new old player (dial, Jackson) and the resurgence of our iron triumvirate. Mostly, I am thankful I was wrong.

Go spurs!!!!

Sec24Row7
04-24-2012, 03:04 PM
If you think the DROB days were LEAN times as a spurs fan... you don't remember the late 80's...

ohmwrecker
04-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Nobody cares what you think.

Fireball
04-24-2012, 03:21 PM
you were wrong on many things ... wow

waybackfan
04-24-2012, 03:52 PM
If you think the DROB days were LEAN times as a spurs fan... you don't remember the late 80's...

No, I remember. D Rob was great. Just wasn't doing a year by year compendium.

sananspursfan21
04-24-2012, 04:09 PM

May be true but i/we/you dont care what a lot of people think... Cut the newb a little bit of slack. Welcome good sir

ohmwrecker
04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
May be true but i/we/you dont care what a lot of people think... Cut the newb a little bit of slack. Welcome good sir

My apologies, Malcolm.

Solid D
04-24-2012, 04:17 PM
I remember very lean days as a spurs fan. Tim Duncan ushered in a time of milk and honey.

I like milk and honey but I need whole grain bread or tortilla sitting under that honey to make it work. :toast

Welcome waybackfan.

cantthinkofanything
04-24-2012, 04:23 PM
I like milk and honey but I need whole grain bread or tortilla sitting under that honey to make it work. :toast

or a tranny with a ballgag

cheguevara
04-24-2012, 04:23 PM
everyone was wrong. everything came thru

1) green, kawhi, splitter
2) dick gone
3) bench blair
4) bonner 3rd big off the bench
5) jax
6) diaw, cakes

dylankerouac
04-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Little harsh on the OP imo.

As for proving everyone wrong, well the Spurs still need to get beyond a few games in the playoffs first. The playoffs are a different animal no matter who they play. Go Spurs Go!

TDMVPDPOY
04-24-2012, 04:25 PM
new member...post self pic clown, so we can identify ur not either chinese or greek troll

4down
04-24-2012, 04:29 PM

It was sweet of you then,to chime in and let everyone know.

:lol

nice post, OP. - you sure were wrong a lot.

Solid D
04-24-2012, 04:46 PM
or a tranny with a ballgag

You really are better off when you can't think of anything.

ohmwrecker
04-24-2012, 04:53 PM
It was sweet of you then,to chime in and let everyone know.

:lol

nice post, OP. - you sure were wrong a lot.

Nice repetitive take, bro.