PDA

View Full Version : Does any non-Spur fan think their team can actually eliminate SAS?

DJB
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
TBQH, I am interested in any sort of argument that someone can bring forth.

After the brutal beat down the Spurs put on the Lakers, not once, but twice last week, it's pretty obvious that there's no team in the western conference that can hang with the black and white crew. The Thunder were of some interest as a candidate but it became clear that they were not, when they got beat up (literally) in the 4th qtr by a mediocre LAL team on Sunday.

Our 2nd string is pretty much playing better than any starting line up in the NBA, imho.

Fans, please discuss. :toast

NRHector
04-24-2012, 03:11 PM

After the brutal beat down the Spurs put on the Lakers, not once, but twice last week, it's pretty obvious that there's no team in the western conference that can hang with the black and white crew. The Thunder were of some interest as a candidate but it became clear that they were not, when they got beat up (literally) in the 4th qtr by a mediocre LAL team on Sunday.

Our 2nd string is pretty much playing better than any starting line up in the NBA, imho.

:stirpot: :lol

DisAsTerBot
04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
5 teams, TC??? Name em

Halberto
04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
^lol. Incorrect

pass1st
04-24-2012, 03:17 PM
2nd round exit when Memphis taps lob cities ass. :toast

Ace
04-24-2012, 03:19 PM

:lmao Regular season

DisAsTerBot
04-24-2012, 03:19 PM
ill give you the first 4. But looks like Mavs Lakers in the first round so there's that...

cheguevara
04-24-2012, 03:34 PM
El Che will not start the shittalking until the Spurs have buried their round 1 opponent in 4 halfs. that's right halfs. I want the games over in the 1st half.

jestersmash
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Probably 95% of Laker, Heat, Chicago, OKC, Memphis, and Clipper fans do. Shocker.

Just like 95% of Spurs fans think they can beat every one of those teams in a 7 game series.

Most NBA fans are casual fans who barely (if at all) watch other contending teams play during the regular season. Their entire perspective is built around head to head matchups with their own teams. So as far as Chicago fans are concerned, Chicago defeated San Antonio in San Antonio by 7 points and that's that.

And, for teams that lost against San Antonio in the regular season (Lakers 1-2, Memphis 0-4, OKC 1-2), you get the usual "we were sandbagging!", "lol regular season", "lol <player X> on my team will play much better and <player Y> on your team had a fluke game."

That's just the way it is.

z0sa
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Spurs are clearly favorites in the West right now. HCA, everyone healthy, whooped on +.500 teams all year, won 8 straight and 7 by 20+, last 35 out of 42, etc

if Spurs bow out before the Finals it will be a totally failed season

Halberto
04-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Mavs are not contenders, despite being the current champs. Let's be real here.

z0sa
04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
^you could have made that same exact post last year, minus the healthy part maybe. and manu isn't making the difference in a 1st round exit and the finals. regular season doesn't mean anything dude.

Spurs peaked in the first half last year. For example they were 35-17 after the break; Memphis had the exact same record post-ASB and won the season series. This season Spurs are playing their best literally right now as the playoffs are rolling around, dominated the Grizz all season, and have by far the best record in the League since the ASB.

People want to bring up last season but even a passing inspection of the facts will illuminate the vast differences between the Spurs of Spring '11 and those of '12. There are few parallels between those two teams in reality and that's just that. At this point only OKC has a legitimate argument against Spurs for best in the West.

DisAsTerBot
04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
dont forget.....it's a lockout season

Reck
04-24-2012, 03:52 PM
that may be true and may not be under the right circumstances, but spur fan acting like they are a lock to come out of the west is about the most repulsive and obnoxious thing i've ever seen. you guys are not any better than teams 1-6, it's a really even field.

Wrong.

In the West there are only 3 good solid teams, Thunder, Spurs and Memphis.

The rest are there as fillers. Spurs might not make it all the way but are far better then seed 8,7,6,,4,3 for damn sure.

z0sa
04-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I "concede" LAL is the worst matchup but that depends on Parker really. If he plays like an MVP LAL doesn't have a chance. I'm personally most worried about OKC, LAL, MEM, and DAL in that order. Everyone else should be a clear underdog vs Spurs. The aforementioned 4 though could beat them and make it look easy if TP plays like garbage or the Spurs don't respond with physicality.

DJB
04-24-2012, 03:57 PM
that may be true and may not be under the right circumstances, but spur fan acting like they are a lock to come out of the west is about the most repulsive and obnoxious thing i've ever seen. you guys are not any better than teams 1-6, it's a really even field.

:lmao:lmao

DJB
04-24-2012, 03:59 PM
i seriously doubt ya'll can beat memphis or LA either.

You have failed in this thread, sir. Just simply fucking pathetic.

DJB
04-24-2012, 04:02 PM
By all means, bump it. It ain't happening though. I'm a man of my word. :tu

ElNono
04-24-2012, 04:04 PM
I have OKC, bulls and heat... but I'm a Spurs fan...

Spurs9
04-24-2012, 04:12 PM

Labroom getting to finals and choking multiple times.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

midnightpulp
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
This Spurs team hasn't proven anything yet. They definitely look great, but are not without potential weaknesses (young players with no playoff experience, lack of superstar, etc). That said, if the resurgence of Tim Duncan can last until June, if Tony Parker continues to orchestrate the offense the way he has, and if the young players keep up their high level of play, I don't think there's any team out West that can beat the Spurs, since I think their ceiling is higher than any other Western Conference team. Question is, can they sustain it?

Spurs9
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm a spurs fan and all, but I watch almost all the games I can from any team on TV. Honestly speaking, I don't see a team beating us in a 7 game series if we are all healthy. TBH I was worried about the OKC a few months back, and maybe Miami, but after seeing how we are playing consistently I see us coming out on top.

Venti Quattro
04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
This thread could either be genius or be at the end of a mega-bump beatdown. Either way, this is going to my bookmarks.

Ace
04-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Labroom getting to finals and choking multiple times.

Spurs defense...

Otaku
04-24-2012, 05:47 PM
mavs spurs lakers okc and memphis could all potentially come out of the west if the right conditions fall into place. don't act like the spurs are a class above everyone else in the west, you're no better than everyone else. it's as wide open as it's ever been.

The Spurs are not only a class above everyone in the west, but the whole NBA. Just face it.

Venti Quattro
04-24-2012, 05:48 PM
The Spurs are not only a class above everyone in the west, but the whole NBA. Just face it.

Spurs=class

Stalin
04-24-2012, 05:53 PM
okc and lakers have the best chance to take out spurfan, but since they are the 2 and 3 seed, spurs will only have to face one of them, thereby making spurs even more of a favorite to come out of the west, nevermind the fact that lakers got dominated and are in the process of implosion, as well as okc being a young, relatively inexperienced chucking team, led by Westbrick

xellos88330
04-24-2012, 06:01 PM
This is why the games are played. Every team can shock the world. Who knows.

irishock
04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
San Antonio is going to cruise through the Western conference. The real question is can they beat Chicago or Miami, even with home court.

FkLA
04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
TC put your money where your mouth is bitch. How much u wanna put on the Spurs not coming out of the west faggot ?

mavs>spurs
04-24-2012, 06:12 PM
^i don't accept pesos, brah

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2012, 06:17 PM
put your money where your mouth is bitch.
:lol you should prolly pay off the DPG bet you welched on before saying this to somebody else. It would be stupid to make any kind of bet with you given how that worked out for DPG.

Brazil
04-24-2012, 06:28 PM
DJB trolling hard and the fish are baiting ugly

:tu good job DJB

Robz4000
04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Memphis won't beat the Spurs again this year, Spurs won't let it happen. Only teams that I can see beating out the Spurs are the Lakers and Thunder, who both are struggling right now and possibly may not make it to the WCF.

TE
04-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Only Western Conference teams really capable of hanging with the Spurs due to match-up problems and talent are the Thunder and more so the Lakers.

The Lakers can beat the Spurs in a 7 game series if the important players play up to their potential, and the Spurs slightly falter. OKC could probably take out the Spurs in a 7 game series if a lot of things go right for them, but I'm willing to bet (based on my homerism) the Spurs could eliminate them. The Grizzlies will not beat the Spurs again if: everyone is healthy, Pop manages to counter the front court issues with Diaw and Splitter instead of Bonner and Blair, and no one significant in the rotation is injured. That series will go 6 games max if at all. One team no one should dismiss is the Mavericks ... They are the champs, and they still got an offensive ticking time bomb in Dirk. They could catch a spark and make a run to the WCF to play the Spurs. That would be a toss up series. No matter how superior one team is, both teams always get the best out of each other.

In the East, the Heat would give the Spurs the most problems. But it remains to be seen if centerpiece Lebron can grow a pair and deliver when it counts. I don't fear the Bulls despite the record they possess. Honestly, I can see the Bulls losing in the second round to a hot Celtics team. While they do rely on a shit load of role players and one often injured superstar in Rose, I just don't buy into the fact that they can sustain such a run against a quality opponent night in and night out when it counts.

If the Spurs make it to the finals vs the Bulls, I can see the Spurs winning in 6 or 7 games. If the Spurs match up with the Heat, it's a toss up with a slight nod toward the Spurs ... This will only be realistic if the Spurs play the way they've been playing post all star break when it counts.

DAF86
04-24-2012, 07:47 PM
If the Spurs keep playing like they are right now (a huge if I know), yes they're a class above everybody else. They're the best offensive team in the league by far, they make get to 120 look ordinary, and not by playing at an abnormaly fast pace, they're just a great half court team. And they're 12 men deep, if a couple of guys underperform they have options.

The biggest concern for the Spurs is the unproven players beign able to perform in the playoffs.

Bill_Brasky
04-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Spurs backed into the playoffs last year. Their best ball was played before the ASB. There was that sense that some shit might happen with Memphis...and it did. They literally posted us up at every position and made us look like complete shit.

This year it's different. They brought in Leonard and Green...no more faggots posting up RGay and short ass Hill. They dumped a starter that scored 0 points in multiple playoff games last year and brought in someone who can actually play. They got Diaw and relegated Blair to 5th big. They steamrolled through the tough last stretch of their schedule playing their starters ~25 mpg.

They are peaking at the right time this year. It truly would be an epic series if anybody were to beat them, and whoever did would end up being WC champs.

100%duncan
04-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Well there goes our chance you motherfucker

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Still think you are thinner inside than any of the other contenders

If you want to play the... Pop has been resting guys like Duncan so they are fresh in the playoffs, I have to buy it from what I've seen lately

Rebounding is still my main concern with the Spurs

DAF86
04-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Still think you are thinner inside than any of the other contenders

If you want to play the... Pop has been resting guys like Duncan so they are fresh in the playoffs, I have to buy it from what I've seen lately

Rebounding is still my main concern with the Spurs

The Spurs are the best rebounding team on defense.

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 09:44 PM
The Spurs are the best rebounding team on defense.
Duncan is the only good rebounder in terms of guys who will be on the court in crunch time

DAF86
04-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Duncan is the only good rebounder in terms of guys who will be on the court in crunch time

Well, apparently that's enough to be the best rebounding team on defense.

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Well, apparently that's enough to be the best rebounding team on defense.
Oh stats involving teams that won't be in the playoffs & Spur players that won't sniff the court in the playoffs

Cool stat. You are weak inside. Tiag, Blair & Diaw are all middle of the road bigs

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Spurs are 9TH in DIFF

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable2.html?cnf=1&prd=1#top

Only Memphis is worse in terms of contenders & they can blame the Zack injury. Spurs are an offensive team these days so if their shots aren't falling....they are in trouble

DAF86
04-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh stats involving teams that won't be in the playoffs & Spur players that won't sniff the court in the playoffs

Cool stat. You are weak inside. Tiag, Blair & Diaw are all middle of the road bigs

OK, let's dismiss the stats and go by what you say.

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 10:00 PM
OK, let's dismiss the stats and go by what you say.
Tiago, Booner, Blair & Boris

The Heat laugh at this

DAF86
04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Spurs are 9TH in DIFF

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable2.html?cnf=1&prd=1#top

Only Memphis is worse in terms of contenders & they can blame the Zack injury. Spurs are an offensive team these days so if their shots aren't falling....they are in trouble

Becuase they don't go for offensive boards by design. And they're so good shooting that it doesn't really matter. All that Pop cares is about defending the boards at our end and we're the best at it.

And since THE TRADE, our rebound differential has been better. Leonard playing more minutes and getting Jack for RJ helped a lot on that regard.

DAF86
04-24-2012, 10:03 PM

The Heat laugh at this

:lol Yeah, cause everybody knows the Heat have studs under the rim.

CGD
04-24-2012, 10:44 PM
A motivated (key word) Laker team, I hate to say, can definitely take out the Spurs. Their bigs are always problematic.

Dunc n Dave
04-24-2012, 10:47 PM
2nd round exit when Memphis taps lob cities ass. :toast

You're forgetting that the Clippers have a great shot at taking out Memphis for the Spurs. The Clips won the season series 2-1 and for some reason De'andre Jordan plays out of his mind offensively against the Grizz front line.

With Jordan, Griffin, and Martin, they have the size to neutralize Gasol and Randolph, and are much quicker than the Grizz frontline.

I can easily see the Clippers winning that series in 6, with or without home court.

pass1st
04-24-2012, 10:52 PM
You're forgetting that the Clippers have a great shot at taking out Memphis for the Spurs. The Clips won the season series 2-1 and for some reason De'andre Jordan plays out of his mind offensively against the Grizz front line.

With Jordan, Griffin, and Martin, they have the size to neutralize Gasol and Randolph, and are much quicker than the Grizz frontline.

I can easily see the Clippers winning that series in 6, with or without home court.

You're underestimating the Grizzilies in the same fashion they were last year as well. How did SAS and OKC perform against them during the regular season last year?

Dunc n Dave
04-24-2012, 10:55 PM
You're underestimating the Grizzilies in the same fashion they were last year as well. How did SAS and OKC perform against them during the regular season last year?

Grizz had the Spurs number last year in the regular season. Even the games the Spurs won came down to the wire. The writing was on the wall that the Spurs could lose that series, and when Manu broke his arm in the final regular season game and missed Game 1, it was curtains for the Spurs.

TE
04-24-2012, 10:57 PM

If that first statement is what you want to use to help your argument then I'd suggest to expect the Bulls to be bow out either in the semis or ECF. The eastern conference has been very weak in terms of talent and lack of legit competitive teams. Those stats that suggest the Bulls to be one of the best rebounding and defensive teams are therefore not valid in accounting for how they will fare in the playoffs against above average competition night in and night out.

pass1st
04-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Grizz had the Spurs number last year in the regular season. Even the games the Spurs won came down to the wire. The writing was on the wall that the Spurs could lose that series, and when Manu broke his arm in the final regular season game and missed Game 1, it was curtains for the Spurs.

But - Memphis turned it up and everything was in sync. Good coaching, good leadership by Z-bo and the pieces fell into place. They are built for the playoffs with plenty of youth & energy to go 7 games without a problem.

Lob city has the youth & energy, but they lack quality coaching and I doubt CP3's leadership in the playoffs. They are not built for the playoffs.

I don't see a series going beyond Memphis in 6.

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 11:07 PM
If that first statement is what you want to use to help your argument then I'd suggest to expect the Bulls to be bow out either in the semis or ECF. The eastern conference has been very weak in terms of talent and lack of legit competitive teams. Those stats that suggest the Bulls to be one of the best rebounding and defensive teams are therefore not valid in accounting for how they will fare in the playoffs against above average competition night in and night out.
Deng, Asik, Gibson & Boozer > Manu, Tiago, Bonner & Blair

Rebounding & Post defense

TE
04-24-2012, 11:15 PM
But - Memphis turned it up and everything was in sync. Good coaching, good leadership by Z-bo and the pieces fell into place. They are built for the playoffs with plenty of youth & energy to go 7 games without a problem.

Lob city has the youth & energy, but they lack quality coaching and I doubt CP3's leadership in the playoffs. They are not built for the playoffs.

I don't see a series going beyond Memphis in 6.

In retrospect, if Manu doesn't suffer a broken arm, and if Duncan doesn't twist his ankle late in the season, you see a different result. I would say the series would go 7 games with the Spurs winning. That game one really screwed the Spurs.

You can say that the stars aligned for Memphis, which I won't argue against because they were very playoff ready, but Manu is the driving force behind this team. He just wasn't himself in the playoffs. You get a Manu in game shape and devoid of injury, you have a shot against anybody. Furthermore, despite Pop's effort to micromanage Tim's minutes, the ankle injury really fucked him up after that, he just wasn't the same.

TE
04-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Deng, Asik, Gibson & Boozer > Manu, Tiago, Bonner & Blair

Rebounding & Post defense

Your putting Manu and Blair (will have a limited role in the playoffs this time around) in that ratio all while leaving out players more capable of rebounding in Jackson, Leonard, Duncan, and Diaw? :lmao

Oh and nice way of dodging my take. :tu

pass1st
04-24-2012, 11:31 PM
In retrospect, if Manu doesn't suffer a broken arm, and if Duncan doesn't twist his ankle late in the season, you see a different result. I would say the series would go 7 games with the Spurs winning. That game one really screwed the Spurs.

You can say that the stars aligned for Memphis, which I won't argue against because they were very playoff ready, but Manu is the driving force behind this team. He just wasn't himself in the playoffs. You get a Manu in game shape and devoid of injury, you have a shot against anybody. Furthermore, despite Pop's effort to micromanage Tim's minutes, the ankle injury really fucked him up after that, he just wasn't the same.

Looking at how they gave OKC one of the most intense playoff series' in years, it's hard to count Memphis out against any team. They are fully capable of taking their talent all the way to WCF, especially if Gay steps up in the playoffs - he's still unproven.

If there was any team you can say was built to upset other teams in the playoffs, it has got to be Memphis. They as the wildcard team this year

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Your putting Manu and Blair (will have a limited role in the playoffs this time around) in that ratio all while leaving out players more capable of rebounding in Jackson, Leonard, Duncan, and Diaw? :lmao

Oh and nice way of dodging my take. :tu
I left out Noah & Duncan

Jackson and Leonard play the same position & neither will be in during crunch time

Duncan Parker, Manu
& then either Gary, Booner, Tiago or Jackson to finish games

That's no rebounding late in games during slow-tempo offense, which isn't the Spurs strength to begin with

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Looking at how they gave OKC one of the most intense playoff series' in years, it's hard to count Memphis out against any team. They are fully capable of taking their talent all the way to WCF, especially if Gay steps up in the playoffs - he's still unproven.

If there was any team you can say was built to upset other teams in the playoffs, it has got to be Memphis. They as the wildcard team this year
They have
- 2 stud bigs
- Tall with Gay
- Penetrater in Conley
- Scoring off the bench in Mayo
- Lock down defender on the perimeter

Lack of 3point shooting though

TE
04-24-2012, 11:40 PM

Seeing as that they do match up well with OKC (last years roster; similar case can be made for this year's roster), you did kind of expect it. Something that I should've mentioned in my previous post was the front court advantage the Grizzlies had. That was also a reason as to why the Spurs got curbstomped. I am willing to bet though if this years version of the Spurs were to play last years version of the Grizzlies, that obvious advantage would no longer be there IMO.

About your "team built to make an upset" claim, I totally agree with that take. Despite them jumping into the picture last year and pulling off a major upset and taking OKC to 7, they are still a dark horse that can knock any team out this time around.

TE
04-24-2012, 11:50 PM
I left out Noah & Duncan

Jackson and Leonard play the same position & neither will be in during crunch time

Duncan Parker, Manu

That's no rebounding late in games during slow-tempo offense, which isn't the Spurs strength to begin with

I am willing to go all in and say Diaw will finish games. Therefore, based on universal law, the rebounding will be better. Jackson will also finish games, he isn't too bad of a rebounding SF.
Also, who says the game will have a slow tempo? :lol

DJB
04-24-2012, 11:52 PM

The Heat laugh at this

What? The HEAT?

DAF86
04-25-2012, 01:53 AM
I left out Noah & Duncan

Duncan Parker, Manu

Awesome from you.

DAF86
04-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Manu, Green, Jackson and Leonard are all above average rebounders on the wing position.

DAF86
04-25-2012, 01:59 AM
Regarding the Clips and Griz. I don't know why I'm starting to feel that the Clippers would be a tougher out and I'm usually right when I have these gut feelings.

NewcastleKEG
04-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Awesome from you.
Well I was guaranteed by Spur fan that he would be so I reversed one of them

DAF86
04-25-2012, 02:15 AM
And what if the game has a slow tempo? The Spurs have the best half court offense in the league.

Mal
04-25-2012, 08:04 AM

The Heat laugh at this

Heat laughing at Spurs having Haslem, Bosh, Turiaf, Joel freaking Anthony, Pittman and grandpa Howard ?

Stalin
04-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Last year scros would underrate memphis, and this year they are overrating them, lets get real, they had their fluke run, congrats to them, but this is another year, and memphis is clearly a worse team, while the spurs team is better, anyone disputing this, needs to kill himself, immediatelly!

DJB
05-31-2012, 12:57 AM
bookmarked for future lulz

Sup nigga?

DJB
05-31-2012, 01:00 AM
no team should be scared of the spurs, they got as good a shot as about 5 other teams to come out of the west.

Bahahahahaha.

DJB
05-31-2012, 01:00 AM

Fucking Ace, being a huge Cuban faggot per the usual.

TE
05-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Lol NewCastleKEG

DJB
05-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Damn sons, I smell pussy. Real talk.

Spur_Fanatic
05-31-2012, 02:09 AM
Oh damn....

Halberto
05-31-2012, 04:42 AM
lol epic bump

DAF86
05-31-2012, 05:09 AM
bookmarked for future lulz

Indeed :lol

DAF86
05-31-2012, 05:18 AM

The Heat laugh at this

:lol Heat laughing at anybody's frontcourt right now.

duhoh
05-31-2012, 10:45 AM

:lmao

Ace
05-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Damn sons, I smell pussy. Real talk.

Close your legs fatass..

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 11:29 AM

Ace
05-31-2012, 12:19 PM
:lol Thunder laughing at anybody's frontcourt right now.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2012, 12:29 PM
It is going to be Miami who knocks San Antonio out. Lebron/Wade will be too much for the Spurs perimeter D to handle. Bosh will be back healthy and effective which means no Spurs big can handle him. This is going to leave Miller/Battier/Chalmers open.

Chalmers is the best defensive pg in the league, and he will contain and frustrate Parker. Battier/Wade/Bron will take turns containing Ginobili while Haslem/Anthony will keep Duncan out of the paint. Miami has the best D in the NBA to go with 3 top 15 players and good role players to surround them. This is not a matchup that favors the Spurs in any way. If Miami stays locked in, they will win in 5. If Miami fucks around, they win in 6.

Miami's supporting cast has been inconsistent, but they have shown that they can be pretty damn good when they want to be.

BlackSwordsMan
05-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Who's gonna guard Kwame Leonard? Awwwwwwhhh shit

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 12:48 PM
:lol Thunder laughing at anybody's frontcourt right now.

:lol I've already said our frontcourt sucks at least scoring wise so :lol

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Chalmers is the best defensive pg in the league, and he will contain and frustrate Parker.

This is a joke, right?

If Rondo did that to Miami, i can only wonder what Parker will do.

Ace
05-31-2012, 12:56 PM
This is a joke, right?

If Rondo did that to Miami, i can only wonder what Parker will do.

You seriously don't know shit about basketball do you? Miami's game plan was to sag off Rondo, who is normally a terrible shooter but had a fluke night. That wouldn't be the same game plan for Parker. If you watched the game this would have been obvious.

Ace
05-31-2012, 01:03 PM
:lol I've already said our frontcourt sucks at least scoring wise so :lol

They suck at defending the P-n-R as well...

DisAsTerBot
05-31-2012, 01:08 PM
You seriously don't know shit about basketball do you? Miami's game plan was to sag off Rondo, who is normally a terrible shooter but had a fluke night. That wouldn't be the same game plan for Parker. If you watched the game this would have been obvious.

lol sag off parker

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 01:08 PM

No, the joke was that Chalmers=best defensive PG in the league which is what the dumbass homer said.

Ace
05-31-2012, 01:37 PM
lol sag off parker

I said that wouldn't be the same game plan for Parker, reading comprehension...

cheguevara
05-31-2012, 01:37 PM
El Che will not start the shittalking until the Spurs have buried their round 1 opponent in 4 halfs. that's right halfs. I want the games over in the 1st half.

:hat

BlairForceDejuan
05-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Does Heat fan really think anything other than Heat getting swept is gonna happen or are they just trollin?

It's real cute ya'll think Lebroom/DWhistle can win one game, but c'mon now. That false hope is gonna hurt by the end of June.

Feel bad for Battier. Dude deserves a ring :(

Ace
05-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Does Heat fan really think anything other than Heat getting swept is gonna happen or are they just trollin?

It's real cute ya'll think Lebroom/DWhistle can win one game, but c'mon now. That false hope is gonna hurt by the end of June.

Feel bad for Battier. Dude deserves a ring :(

Only faggots say "cute"

Step 2 Texas
05-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Only faggots say "cute"
Faggot.

Stalin
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
looks like these finals are already heating up, tbh

Ace
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Faggot.

Yes you are... Make that the last time you speak to me without raising your hand...

2pac > Kobe
05-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Yes you are... Make that the last time you speak to me without raising your hand...
These niggas just don't understand do they?:rollin

z0sa
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
It is going to be Miami who knocks San Antonio out. Lebron/Wade will be too much for the Spurs perimeter D to handle. Bosh will be back healthy and effective which means no Spurs big can handle him. This is going to leave Miller/Battier/Chalmers open.

So you think the Spurs will consistently trap LeBron/Wade on the perimeter or something, and will double Bosh on the block (lol) or at the high post.

You obviously don't know shit about the Spurs.

Chalmers is the best defensive pg in the league,

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

and he will contain and frustrate Parker.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Haslem/Anthony will keep Duncan out of the paint.

:lmao They can't, but the reality is they'll really be worried about helping out on Parker as he torches Chalmers and either big in pick and rolls again and again. You don't even know shit about your own team, do you?

If Miami stays locked in, they will win in 5. If Miami fucks around, they win in 6.

:lol Spurs aren't the Pacers dude. They're on a 20 win streak that might not have ended by the Finals. You are pretty stupid tbh.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2012, 02:39 PM
So you think the Spurs will consistently trap LeBron/Wade on the perimeter or something, and will double Bosh on the block (lol) or at the high post.

:lmao They can't, but the reality is they'll really be worried about helping out on Parker as he torches Chalmers and either big in pick and rolls again and again. You don't even know shit about your own team, do you?

:lol Spurs aren't the Pacers dude. They're on a 20 win streak that might not have ended by the Finals. You are pretty stupid tbh.

:lol Obsessed with me
:lol Going to the depths of trying to convince me that a pg led team is winning it all.
:lol Scared at the idea of you having to admit me being right when Miami rings next month.
:lol Posting in my appreciation thread to say you don't care for my posts when you really do.

cheguevara
05-31-2012, 02:42 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

he's a heat fan. your expectations of him are too high :lol

Spursfan092120
05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
i seriously doubt ya'll can beat memphis or LA either.

Good call on that one. :tu

Spursfan092120
05-31-2012, 02:46 PM
miami gonna punk you hoes hard

see above post

z0sa
05-31-2012, 02:47 PM
:lol Obsessed with me
:lol Going to the depths of trying to convince me that a pg led team is winning it all.
:lol Scared at the idea of you having to admit me being right when Miami rings next month.
:lol Posting in my appreciation thread to say you don't care for my posts when you really do.

So you agree you don't know shit about the Spurs, or even your own team. You don't even know shit about English, lol "going to the depths" = 1 sentence about a subject different than the one you've referenced (known as a strawman).

You still can't follow up if you're "trolling." You've got the inciting-enough one liners down but the follow up continues to prove you aren't actually humorous/funny/knowledgeable, just an idiot. (lol Chalmers containing Parker)

I claim total and complete victory and you are my bitch at this point, regardless of what your "cousin" Ace or any other Heat homer/troll says, tbh. You better hope Miami doesn't choke it all away again bro.

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
So you agree you don't know shit about the Spurs, or even your own team. You don't even know shit about English, lol "going to the depths" = 1 sentence about a subject different than the one you've referenced (known as a strawman).

You still can't follow up if you're "trolling." You've got the inciting-enough one liners down but the follow up continues to prove you aren't actually humorous/funny/knowledgeable, just an idiot. (lol Chalmers containing Parker)

I claim total and complete victory and you are my bitch at this point, regardless of what your "cousin" Ace or any other Heat homer/troll says, tbh. You better hope Miami doesn't choke it all away again bro.

:lol writing a long response to try to make a point
:lol insecure
:lol using a grammar mistake as a comeback attempt
:lol showing more insecurity by trying to be an internet tough guy
:lol indirectly admitting and agreeing with me that only Miami can beat themselves (bolded part)

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
No, the joke was that Chalmers=best defensive PG in the league which is what the dumbass homer said.

No response to this?

z0sa
05-31-2012, 03:06 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

he's a heat fan. your expectations of him are too high :lol

They're actually really low, as the dude is unfortunately not a troll but a serious poster. He's actually become funny now that I've realized this subtle truth.

z0sa
05-31-2012, 03:14 PM
:lol writing a long response to try to make a point
:lol insecure
:lol using a grammar mistake as a comeback attempt
:lol showing more insecurity by trying to be an internet tough guy
:lol indirectly admitting and agreeing with me that only Miami can beat themselves (bolded part)

I'm beginning to think you have a long bald scar on your head from either being nailed in the head by a falling brick as a child or having simply been lobotomized. A strawman isn't a grammar mistake, for instance, and you just brought up another one concerning my comment about Miami choking. Writing a few sentences over a few minutes time isn't hard either, or long in duration or writing time or time put into thought unless you're stupid, of course. Calling your pimp insecure is a good way to get bitchslapped, too. And in any case, these comebacks wouldn't be any better than coming back about a grammar mistake so what does that make you?

Try to think. It's not as hard as you fear.

DJB
05-31-2012, 03:20 PM
miami gonna punk you hoes hard
:lol

TIMMYtoZO
05-31-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm beginning to think you have a long bald scar on your head from either being nailed in the head by a falling brick as a child or having simply been lobotomized. A strawman isn't a grammar mistake, for instance, and you just brought up another one concerning my comment about Miami choking. Writing a few sentences over a few minutes time isn't hard either, or long in duration or writing time or time put into thought unless you're stupid, of course. Calling your pimp insecure is a good way to get bitchslapped, too. And in any case, these comebacks wouldn't be any better than coming back about a grammar mistake so what does that make you?

Try to think. It's not as hard as you fear.

:lol trying to cover up that you were indirectly agreeing with me that only Miami can beat themselves.
:lol calling yourself a pimp
:lol z0sa

DAF86
05-31-2012, 03:57 PM

Well, to be fair we didn't beat any of those teams. :lol

Halberto
05-31-2012, 04:41 PM
"Chalmers will contain Parker." :lol what a fail

You just proved your stupidity.

mavs>spurs
05-31-2012, 04:46 PM

Excuse me, did you beat la or Memphis? It's called matchups. Miami gonna wax that ass.

#41 Shoot Em Up
05-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Miami in 5. Gunna be a hood style azz whooping

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-31-2012, 05:02 PM
The Spurs & The Thunder were and are the two best
teams in the league. Whoever wins the WCF is basically
already ringing.

The Heat may look superior in the east, but in the west,
they would have been the 4th seed.

Halberto
05-31-2012, 05:03 PM
lol fans are so bitter the spurs are making history

spursfan1000
05-31-2012, 05:47 PM
no team should be scared of the spurs, they got as good a shot as about 5 other teams to come out of the west.

:lol

spursfan1000
05-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Excuse me, did you beat la or Memphis? It's called matchups. Miami gonna wax that ass.

If Spurs win i say you dont post ever again? Since you are so confident in the Heat.

Ace
05-31-2012, 06:41 PM
The Spurs & The Thunder were and are the two best
teams in the league. Whoever wins the WCF is basically
already ringing.

The Heat may look superior in the east, but in the west,
they would have been the 4th seed.

:lol Fatass

Nathan89
05-31-2012, 06:56 PM
The Heat's role players have been stepping up. If Bosh comes back healthy they can beat the Spurs(the Spurs could also still beat them). If Chalmers can't guard TP then the Heat can use Wade or Lebron.

Kidd K
05-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Didn't you guys know? THE WEST WAS WIDE OPEN!!!!!!

. . .for the Spurs. :lmao

Ace
05-31-2012, 06:59 PM
The Heat's role players have been stepping up. If Bosh comes back healthy they can beat the Spurs(the Spurs could also still beat them). If Chalmers can't guard TP then the Heat can use Wade or Lebron.

Tbh nobody on the Heat can guard Parker...

Kidd K
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM

Exactly. Parker will blow the Heat apart. I expect Duncan to go off repeatedly too. Haslem and Anthony won't be able to guard him either.

Though, no one on SA can guard LeBron either. . .but yeah. As much blasphemy as this sounds, Wade doesn't concern me at all, it's LeBron. Wade's not a good enough triple threat player to really torch SA on a consistent basis, but LeBron can torch you with the 3, the drive, and the pass. So he worries me, but rest of Heat imo won't be able to do much vs SA.

Nathan89
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM

That's a safe bet but they have many options to throw at him. While they can stick one of the weaker defenders on Kawhi.

Venti Quattro
05-31-2012, 07:03 PM
In converse, nobody from the Spurs can guard LeBron.

:lol Stephen Jackson

Nathan89
05-31-2012, 07:03 PM
Exactly. Parker will blow the Heat apart. I expect Duncan to go off repeatedly too. Haslem and Anthony won't be able to guard him either.

Though, no one on SA can guard LeBron either. . .but yeah. As much blasphemy as this sounds, Wade doesn't concern me at all, it's LeBron. Wade's not a good enough triple threat player to really torch SA on a consistent basis, but LeBron can torch you with the 3, the drive, and the pass. So he worries me, but rest of Heat imo won't be able to do much vs SA.

Yep, I do as well. Perfect matchup for him to earn another Finals MVP.

Ace
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM

:lol thinking I'm going to read any of your shitty takes

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 07:10 PM
In converse, nobody from the Spurs can guard LeBron.

:lol Stephen Jackson

Probably, and no one on Miami can guard Duncan/TP.

You just need to not let LeBron go off-off, for like 40-50.

They can throw different looks at him.

ElNono
05-31-2012, 07:14 PM
nobody from the Spurs can guard CP3

nobody from the Spurs can guard KD

nobody from the Spurs can guard LeBron

:sleep

Ace
05-31-2012, 07:21 PM
That's a safe bet but they have many options to throw at him. While they can stick one of the weaker defenders on Kawhi.

LeBron would be the best option but that's to much to ask out of him. LeBron just needs to make sure he keeps dominating and not choke. Nobody on the Spurs can stop LeBron or Wade but I'm sure Pop will game plan around trying to slow down Wade, so LeBron has to show up. Bosh also needs to make a point to use his speed and attack the rim. Spurs will be tough either way but Miami has a chance. Everyone who thinks the Thunder are better than Miami is simply retarded.

Ace
05-31-2012, 07:22 PM
nobody from the Spurs can guard CP3

nobody from the Spurs can guard KD

nobody from the Spurs can guard LeBron

:sleep

LeBron is miles better than the other two...

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 07:23 PM
LeBron would be the best option but that's to much to ask out of him. LeBron just needs to make sure he keeps dominating and not choke. Nobody on the Spurs can stop LeBron or Wade but I'm sure Pop will game plan around trying to slow down Wade, so LeBron has to show up. Bosh also needs to make a point to use his speed and attack the rim. Spurs will be tough either way but Miami has a chance. Everyone who thinks the Thunder are better than Miami is simply retarded.

Based off your homerism?

Ace
05-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Based off your homerism?

Prove otherwise...

BlackSwordsMan
05-31-2012, 07:24 PM

Kobe? :lmao

eyeh8u
05-31-2012, 07:25 PM

maybe half a kilometer

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Prove otherwise...

You prove otherwise since you think Miami is better.

Are they better, possibly, not much better though.

Ace
05-31-2012, 07:42 PM
You prove otherwise since you think Miami is better.

Are they better, possibly, not much better though.

You're the one who is doubting me...

Frankly I don't take you serious enough to spending time...

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
You're the one who is doubting me...

Frankly I don't take you serious enough to spending time...

Thunder have the better record in the more superior conference, but Miami is better?

:toast

ElNono
05-31-2012, 07:56 PM

Probably, then again, you don't need to stop him, just contain him... an average of 30 ppg won't get it done...

Ace
05-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Thunder have the better record in the more superior conference, but Miami is better?

:toast

Regular season record is your argument? :lmao

Well at least you got history backing your point because the team with the better record always wins in the playoffs.. Oh wait... :rollin

Ace
05-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Probably, then again, you don't need to stop him, just contain him... an average of 30 ppg won't get it done...

Again with the scoring? There's other ways he can hurt you...

Ace
06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
:lol DJB

LkrFan
06-04-2012, 11:08 PM
:lol DJB

Nice :lmao B:lmao U :lmao M :lmao P

TIMMYtoZO
06-04-2012, 11:09 PM

:lol Guess you won't be joining Miami in the finals. Looks like you will be joining Boston on the docks instead.

venky
06-04-2012, 11:27 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin :rollin

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 10:49 PM
DJB :lmao :lmao :lmao what a faggot

DeadlyDynasty
06-06-2012, 10:50 PM
:lolDJB
:lolFat Be@ner

mavs>spurs
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM
TC put your money where your mouth is bitch. How much u wanna put on the Spurs not coming out of the west faggot ?

shoudla took your pesos bitch

mavs>spurs
06-06-2012, 11:38 PM
well i guess tyson is on all ignore thanks to younghusband's butthurt

but there was a quote in here by him that said

"bookmarked for future lulz"

told ya so :lol

KDtrey5
06-06-2012, 11:39 PM
backdoor sweep :lobt2::lmao:rollin