PDA

View Full Version : Durant only played 31 minutes tonight. Didn't play the 4th.

midnightpulp
04-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Still scored 32, but the Thunder were only up 2 with 3 minutes left against the lowly Kings, so he could've played 40 minutes and padded, despite them having the 2 seed locked up. Props to Acne for not giving a shit about meaningless regular season accomplishments.

100%duncan
04-24-2012, 09:37 PM
he still got higher than his average though

Venti Quattro
04-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Let's give him a "did not stat pad" award.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
I wanna say this is a veiled shot at Kobe, but I know mid would never do such a thing.

midnightpulp
04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
he still got higher than his average though

But he coulda easily went for 40 tonight and stretched his lead even further over the Mamba.

midnightpulp
04-24-2012, 09:41 PM
I wanna say this is a veiled shot at Kobe, but I know mid would never do such a thing.

Tee hee. You know Kobe is gonna play 40 minutes in what will be a meaningless game.

Potato Head should sit him, get that shin some more rest before the playoffs start.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2012, 09:45 PM
True, Durant didn't stat pad like certain players who dropped 71 on the Clippers for personal glory in a meaningless game.

:tu

then got worked in 6 meaningful games

Venti Quattro
04-24-2012, 09:46 PM
True, Durant didn't stat pad like certain players who dropped 71 on the Clippers for personal glory in a meaningless game.

then got worked in 6 meaningful games

:lmao :lmao :lmao

midnightpulp
04-24-2012, 09:46 PM

Exactly.

Bet Kobe's dissecting game film of Robinson's 71 point game for insight on how to pad on the last day of the season.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Tee hee. You know Kobe is gonna play 40 minutes in what will be a meaningless game.

Potato Head should sit him, get that shin some more rest before the playoffs start.

No way, bro...Bean's sabotaged way too many games this season for him not to get this. He doesn't even need to play any defense or win this game--just shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

midnightpulp
04-24-2012, 09:48 PM

then got worked in 4 meaningful games

Fixed.

midnightpulp
04-24-2012, 09:50 PM
No way, bro...Bean's sabotaged way too many games this season for him not to get this. He doesn't even need to play any defense or win this game--just shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

True. He owes you fans some entertainment after all the 30% nights.

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2012, 09:50 PM
i didn't even know that durant has won it the last two years, he probably doesn't give a fuck

Brazil
04-24-2012, 09:52 PM
doesn't make up for all the games he stayed stat padding during the RS with OKC big lead on the fourth aka THE stat padding star of the league love

Bynumite
04-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Kobe should also aim for the season scoring high :lol the current record is D-Will's 57 points, i think.

This being a subject so close to spurfan heart, i'm sure spurfan is thinking about many other accolades for Kobe to get in thursday's game :lol

Josepatches_
04-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Well,I don't know why he played the game. He was to the bench with the game on the line so it was a meaningless game for them.

He scored 32....I guess that's the answer.

namlook
04-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Well,I don't know why he played the game. He was to the bench with the game on the line so it was a meaningless game for them.

He scored 32....I guess that's the answer.

Nice. Turning this into a Durant padding stats thread. :lol

mystargtr34
04-25-2012, 03:13 AM

namlook
04-25-2012, 04:28 AM
Durant not stat-padding and caring about regular season accomplishments huh? Check out this line of bullshit:

"If I play, I don't want to play 15, 20 minutes," Durant said. "Scotty, whatever he wants me to do, I'll do it. But I really don't want to play a half or something like that. I want to go out there and, if I do play, kick it in full drive and use that as an opportunity to get better." :lmao

"Once I'm in the mode and the energy is going, I just don't like to get pulled out and sit for a while," he added. "I just want to hopefully play as long as I can. But we'll see what Scotty does."

Read between the lines: Scotty don't you dare play me 15-20 minutes like you planned, and don't pull me until I score 30+.

/thread

Mal
04-25-2012, 06:28 AM
What is wrong with trying to win scoring title ? You worked for it whole season so why stop trying in "meaningless games". If you can achieve in something try to do it, up until it becomes pathetic.

namlook
04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
What is wrong with trying to win scoring title ? You worked for it whole season so why stop trying in "meaningless games". If you can achieve in something try to do it, up until it becomes pathetic.

I agree there is nothing wrong with going for a scoring title if it's a tight race at the end of the season. But lets just not pretend Durant isn't going for it and that he is somehow above other players in his disdain of individual accomplishments. His comments show that's not true.