PDA

View Full Version : Just like Rose, Lebron would shut Parker down...

Ace
04-24-2012, 10:55 PM
tbh...

pass1st
04-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Doubt it, the playoffs work like games for Lebron

first 3 quarters - 1st round to ECF

4th quarter - Finals

History will repeat itself, if Wade doesn't step up then the Heat won't get this asterisk chip.

Brazil
04-24-2012, 10:59 PM
miami won't win shit this year tbh...

Juggity
04-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Miami is falling apart at the worst time. I figured they were a lock to win the championship up until about two weeks ago. Now I have my doubts. Other teams have emerged and Miami has receded/suffered injury/shown extreme weakness of the bench.

TE
04-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Maybe ...

Ace
04-24-2012, 11:04 PM

I was talking in general...

Wait, you think the Spurs going to the Finals?.. :lmao

100%duncan
Fuck yo team,clown.

Robz4000
...and then Manu would take over with Duncan shitting on Bosh.

pass1st
04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
If Heat don't win this year then the big 2.5 are going to be dissolved, tbh. Bosh out, probably another rift between Wade and LBJ will destroy chemistry.

Heat will probably be in the running for D12 :tu

ElNono
04-24-2012, 11:08 PM

He was talking in particular...

Wait, you think Lebron is going to show up in the Finals this time around?.. :lmao

pass1st
04-24-2012, 11:09 PM

Wait, you think Lebron is going to show up in the Finals this time around?.. :lmao

:downspin:

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
unlike rrose the 4th quarter will shut Lebron down

nowhereman523
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Parker too good of a passer, too fast for Bron, and Spurs have too much shooting and movement for LeBron. Bulls are one dimensional on offense. Bron would get wrecked.

Ace
04-24-2012, 11:12 PM

Did he tell you so, or you're just speaking up for him?.. Faggot :lol

ElNono
04-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Did he tell you so, or you're just speaking up for him?.. Faggot :lol

I'm speaking after seeing him in two Finals, crofl... the only faggot is Bron Bron

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Parker too good of a passer, too fast for Bron, and Spurs have too much shooting and movement for LeBron. Bulls are one dimensional on offense. Bron would get wrecked.
2012 Spurs = GOAT material?

Ace
04-24-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm speaking after seeing him in two Finals, crofl... the only faggot is Bron Bron

Nono, I'm quite sadden you keep falling for this...

ElNono
04-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Nono, I'm quite sadden you keep falling for this...

tbh, I always really liked Lebron and I still think he's the top talent in the league... but his pussyfication in the big stage has only gotten worse. I wish him well against every team not named the Spurs though.

BTW, stopping Tony isn't that hard. Make him shoot and hope his shot is off. He's been really good this season because his shot has been falling consistently. When that happens, the Spurs are hard to beat.

Ace
04-24-2012, 11:34 PM
tbh, I always really liked Lebron and I still think he's the top talent in the league... but his pussyfication in the big stage has only gotten worse. I wish him well against every team not named the Spurs though.

BTW, stopping Tony isn't that hard. Make him shoot and hope his shot is off. He's been really good this season because his shot has been falling consistently. When that happens, the Spurs are hard to beat.

Spurs have been impressive this year and can be a dangerous team if healthy. Just not sold on them actually having enough gas for a run all the way, especially if that run happens to involve a WCFs showdown against the Thunder. Last year they weren't just beat up in the paint but looked like they were running on E.

Brazil
04-24-2012, 11:34 PM

where I said that you dumbfuck ?

wait, you think miami is going to win shit ?

pass1st
04-24-2012, 11:35 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3qv2.jpg

Spurs da champs
04-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Honestly with the Heat's lack of a defensive presence at the center spot I can see Tim going hot tub time machine & just dominating against there pathetic bigs.

Ace
04-24-2012, 11:37 PM
where I said that you dumbfuck ?

wait, you think miami is going to win shit ?

They weren't beaten by an 8 seed in the first round last year, so yeah I do...

Ace
04-24-2012, 11:38 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3qv2.jpg

Cool Google image...

ElNono
04-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Spurs have been impressive this year and can be a dangerous team if healthy. Just not sold on them actually having enough gas for a run all the way, especially if that run happens to involve a WCFs showdown against the Thunder. Last year they weren't just beat up in the paint but looked like they were running on E.

tbh, I haven't seen Tim as springy as this season, and Manu, due to the injuries, has only played 34 games this season...

I'm not 100% sold either that they can beat OKC, but strictly on defensive issues. Considering the huge upgrade from jettisoning RJ and not having to give Blair minutes, this is probably as good a shot as they're going to have with the current big 3 core.

NewcastleKEG
04-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Honestly with the Heat's lack of a defensive presence at the center spot I can see Tim going hot tub time machine & just dominating against there pathetic bigs.
I dont think he has the liberty to play that aggressive. Spurs lack depth inside....he has to remain fresh & out of fouls

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Lebron might be a choker offensively but he's proven he can guard anyone playing at the 1, 2 or 3 when he's focused on defense. That's yet another reason why the PG being the best player on the team = playoff failure. That PG always runs into a team that has a SG or SF who can bother the shit out of point guards because of their size advantage.

ElNono
04-24-2012, 11:41 PM
The west in general also has gotten worse... Memphis just isn't the same team as last year... if you're a Miami fan, you would recognize what Battier brings to the table defensively and with the corner 3s... Memphis lost that... they also now have a chuker taking shots away from their bigs...

ElNono
04-24-2012, 11:43 PM
I dont think he has the liberty to play that aggressive. Spurs lack depth inside....he has to remain fresh & out of fouls

Hmmm.. they don't lack depth... they have the big bodies (Splitter, Diaw). They don't have a legit post scoring option outside of him though.

pass1st
04-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Cool Google image...

http://jeffzelaya.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/2-points-in-4th-quarter-lebron.jpg?w=300&h=256

Brazil
04-24-2012, 11:48 PM
They weren't beaten by an 8 seed in the first round last year, so yeah I do...

and I said spurs team ceiling is WCF, too many variables for the spurs to seriously expect anything else beginning by health.

As for Miami what make you think than they are not going to do what they love to do, iso BS O in the fourth, no ball movement, chocking, Lebron deferring like a little pussy he is... Start by taking care of the east you will then have time to be worried by whatever team coming out of the west.

I predicted Dallas in 6 last year and call monostradamus I predict miami won't win shit this year but Lebroun is going a well deserved mvp for a spectacular RS

DJB
04-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, because he proved that in 2007.

Right?

Brazil
04-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Lebron might be a choker offensively but he's proven he can guard anyone playing at the 1, 2 or 3 when he's focused on defense. That's yet another reason why the PG being the best player on the team = playoff failure. That PG always runs into a team that has a SG or SF who can bother the shit out of point guards because of their size advantage.

the spurs have a shot, if healthy, at something not because TP is playing great bb but because Tim is playing like he is 30 y/o again. Like always this team will go as far as Tim will carry them.

Spurs da champs
04-24-2012, 11:52 PM
And if anything if Tim gets Bosh in foul trouble then it's the Heat that are going to be in trouble, they need him if they have any chance of winning a title. Tim will just shoot over which ever midget scrub they throw out there, hell I'd bet even soft Splitter would have a field day against garbo Joel Anthony & Turiaf.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-24-2012, 11:54 PM
the spurs have a shot, if healthy, at something not because TP is playing great bb but because Tim is playing like he is 30 y/o again. Like always this team will go as far as Tim will carry them.
I agree with this, I was just speaking in general terms.

When the best player on a team is barely 6 feet tall, and the other team's coach has a 7 game series to figure out the best way to defend the shortest player on the court, you can bet he's going to.

ElNono
04-24-2012, 11:59 PM

When the best player on a team is barely 6 feet tall, and the other team's coach has a 7 game series to figure out the best way to defend the shortest player on the court, you can bet he's going to.

Unless he's Mik:lol Br:lolwn...

ducks
04-24-2012, 11:59 PM
last time they meet in finals james no finals mvp and james guarded him some
parker finals mvp

HarlemHo 37
04-25-2012, 12:01 AM
tbh...

Nothin to see here... just Ace chokin on his own jizz, tbh.

Brazil
04-25-2012, 12:05 AM

absolutely

The parker recent level of play corresponds also to a great stretch of games from Tim. He is opening up the floor for everybody out there, its not a coincidence this spurs team rely less on the 3 points shooting than last year. This is why I think they are no fluke this year. Now if Tim somehow become again a 38 y/o player we are dead. TP or Manu won't change anything to that.

NewcastleKEG
04-25-2012, 12:15 AM
James never went to college

hahah

jjktkk
04-25-2012, 12:32 AM
Wow, poor Lebron can't win not 1, not 2, etc..., so hes reduced to being a perimeter defender and just trying to blend in a suposed, stacked, Heat team. :lol

Deuce Bigalow
04-25-2012, 12:44 AM

and the spurs are?

Ace
04-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Nothin to see here... just Ace chokin on his own jizz, tbh.

Congratulations you just made yourself seem even more like a faggot than anyone thought possible...

DMC
04-25-2012, 06:57 AM
Lebron could shut down anyone he's guarding. It's the rest of the team that you would have to contend with, and Lebron cannot guard them all.

See 2007 as a reference.

LkrFan
04-25-2012, 07:36 AM
http://jeffzelaya.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/2-points-in-4th-quarter-lebron.jpg?w=300&h=256

:rollin

jag
04-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Lebron could shut down anyone he's guarding. It's the rest of the team that you would have to contend with, and Lebron cannot guard them all.

See 2007 as a reference.

For the most part, yes. His defense on Rose showed he has the lateral quickness to stay in front of almost anyone. He's had mixed results with Parker (especially in 2007) and it has more to do with Parker than lebron. Bron does well when defending players who try to get physical with him when attempting to take him off the dribble. Rose and Westbrook are good examples. Those two are used to having both a strength and quickness advantage on defenders. They are both slightly quicker than Bron but they try to use their bodies against him to get space or turn the corner and Bron shuts the door. They also dance a lot with the ball which gets them no where. Tony doesn't play that shit in ISO. It's one move and then he takes the corner. And if he doesn't think he can get that he'll call for a pick.

Like Nono said, if Tony's shot isn't falling then Bron can just lay off and either force a jumper or wait for Tony to come to him in the paint. If Parker's shot is dropping then he'll blow right past lebron, especially if lebron is asked to carry the offense. For multiple stretches during the '07 series Bron attempted to guard Tony and couldn't manage to stay in front of him because he had to respect the midrange J.

Red Hawk #21
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
tbh...

Apparently someone didn't watch the 2007 Finals.
K5AJb_XUIuM

Venti Quattro
04-25-2012, 11:58 AM
LeBron had scrub teammates in 2007. He will lock Parker up with Wade and Bosh flanking him.

That, and the fact that he is miles better than in 2007.

z0sa
04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
:lol as it is I don't give a fuck about LeBron guarding Parker at the moment.. I want Parker to prove he won't play like a bitch circa 2011 playoffs style before I start going all out homer style defending him against the best defender in the L..

DJB
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
LeBron had scrub teammates in 2007. He will lock Parker up with Wade and Bosh flanking him.

That, and the fact that he is miles better than in 2007.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... You're a heat fan now Venti?

Is that your default in hopes that they can keep the Kobe 5, TOSB 4 argument going?

mavs>spurs
04-25-2012, 01:46 PM
heat are just a bad, bad matchup for the spurs unless the role players go nuts. you got lebron on parker and wade on ginobili in crunch time. unless green, neal, etc step up and hit shots, yall fuuuuuuucked.

DJB
04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Awesome. It's great to see that this forum already has the Spurs vs. the Heat in the Finals. Just confirms my thread yesterday. Not a single fan in the NBA forum truly thinks anyone in the west can knock off the Spurs. :tu

mavs>spurs
04-25-2012, 01:51 PM
is this not a completely hypothetical thread? i'm confused. I guess i could delete my post if not?

DJB
04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
is this not a completely hypothetical thread? i'm confused. I guess i could delete my post if not?

You should delete all of your posts, tbh. :wakeup

mavs>spurs
04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
spurs have just as good a shot as anyone in the west to get to the finals, it's wide open but yes like many other teams, if you go on to face the heat you'll run into the inevitable matchup problem. no need to start foaming at the mouth and scoffing the thought that the spurs are not a lock to win it all. because they're really not.

Brazil
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
and I said spurs team ceiling is WCF, too many variables for the spurs to seriously expect anything else beginning by health.

and the spurs are?

Venti Quattro
04-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... You're a heat fan now Venti?

Is that your default in hopes that they can keep the Kobe 5, TOSB 4 argument going?

No. I want the Heat to lose. I'm just not an idiot who will say things because I want the Heat to lose.