Spurs: turnovers, again
Piston: very few, again

Spurs: terrible perimeter game
Pistons: outstanding perimeter game

Spurs: the worse perimeter defense thus far
Pistons: execution off double teams

Spurs: almost all shots were contested
Piston: Found TOO many open shots

Spurs: CLUNK freethrows when they really counted, regardless of how poor they shoot the FT's.
Pistons:Not all that great on FT's as well, but made there's when needed

Spurs: Big THREE, disappeared.
Pistons:overall team play, respectable.

Spurs: No heart
Pistons: redemption

Spurs: Duncan, when will he figure out that keeping the ball down low in the paint will result in a turnover
Piston: Will keep swinging at the ball down low against Duncan unless the Spurs figure it out after the seventh game of the series.

Spurs: Could not make any runs
Pistons: kept on their trail throughout the game

Spurs: When they had a lead, they had a chance to pull away... opportunity knocked but didn't bother to open the door when it was right in their face. Results: bricks/turnovers/panic
Pistons: Never allowed the Spurs to walk away when the Spurs had the advantage to take control
Results: EXECUTED in the right moment.

Spurs: Why in the hell were they shooting so many three pointers when they knew they weren't falling all NIGHT! Forget game 5...this was game 6...they decided to TRY to relive game 5!
Pistons: Unorthodox for them to hit three pointers at all...have already forgotten game 5...hit threes in game 6...they moved on to the present!

Those are my views of tonights DISAPPOINTING LOSS.

Once again for the seventh time, it's all about DEFENSE and POISE!!!

I will NOT preach that anymore....

It's up to the Spurs to live by it!

nuff said

NeoConIV
06-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Pretty spot on if you ask me!

boutons
06-22-2005, 12:14 AM
"when will he figure out that keeping the ball down low in the paint will result in a turnover"

if he hasn't figured that out by now, he never will.

This isn't the first game I've seen where the Spurs keeping shooting 3Gs in the face of a horribly low percentage. I think we did it in the season once or twice, and maybe in the playoffs. "lotsa of 3G's but very few made" sure rings a bell with me. The avg NBA team took 15 3Gs in the season, and here the Spurs are shooting twice that many for the Title. Weird.

Maybe it was a Piston tactic to leave the Spurs open for 3Gs, daring them to win with jumpshots. It sure worked.

twincam
06-22-2005, 12:18 AM
I forgot to mention:

Spurs: Totally forgot how to share the ball. No ball rotation
Piston: moved the ball and resulted in open shots

constantstate
06-22-2005, 12:53 AM
thats the best take ive seen on this game so far...

Solid D
06-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Good thoughts. Duncan also was a matador on switches when the ball-handler drove to the basket.

T Park
06-22-2005, 01:01 AM
in other words.

THe SPurs didn't give a shit.

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 01:01 AM
in other words.

:lmao

BS, TPark.

MI21
06-22-2005, 01:02 AM
I noticed that too, Solid.

The Lindsay Hunter layup deep in the 4th was a killer. Duncan resorts to the little hand on the hip of the dribbler, which he is lucky the refs very rarely pick up. The Piston guards aren't super quick, he should be able to at least be able to get a few blocks on them and bother most of there shots. I'm not sure I remember any blocks from Tim tonight, maybe 1.

Solid D
06-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Tim had a block and Horry had one. That's 2 from one of the perennial shot-block-leading teams.

slayermin
06-22-2005, 01:10 AM
Please, someone talk me off the ledge.

I don't get how our guys weren't ready to crack someone in the mouth tonight. This nice guy stuff is starting to wear on me.

Solid D
06-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Get off that ledge! Now go take a bath (but not a shower, 'cause showers have rods) and go to bed. :) It's gonna be better tomorrow.

twincam
06-22-2005, 09:59 AM
can this team really get worse?

They are trying too damn hard.

They can play hard, but if they TRY to play TOO HARD, they lose sync.
Just play Spurs basketball...pass pass pass the ball.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 10:03 AM
in other words.

:lol
It may seem that way, but they really do...

They just aren't showing at all... :cooldevil

Vashner
06-22-2005, 10:08 AM
How come Timmy can Slam IF he needed to stay above manu.. so that's just 1 dunk then forget it the rest of the game(s)???

ObiwanGinobili
06-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Spurs: nervousness
Pistons: Focus

Spurs: turnovers, again
Piston: very few, again

Spurs: terrible perimeter game
Pistons: outstanding perimeter game

Spurs: the worse perimeter defense thus far
Pistons: execution off double teams

Spurs: almost all shots were contested
Piston: Found TOO many open shots

Spurs: CLUNK freethrows when they really counted, regardless of how poor they shoot the FT's.
Pistons:Not all that great on FT's as well, but made there's when needed

Spurs: Big THREE, disappeared.
Pistons:overall team play, respectable.

Spurs: No heart
Pistons: redemption

Spurs: Duncan, when will he figure out that keeping the ball down low in the paint will result in a turnover
Piston: Will keep swinging at the ball down low against Duncan unless the Spurs figure it out after the seventh game of the series.

Spurs: Could not make any runs
Pistons: kept on their trail throughout the game

Spurs: When they had a lead, they had a chance to pull away... opportunity knocked but didn't bother to open the door when it was right in their face. Results: bricks/turnovers/panic
Pistons: Never allowed the Spurs to walk away when the Spurs had the advantage to take control
Results: EXECUTED in the right moment.

Spurs: Why in the hell were they shooting so many three pointers when they knew they weren't falling all NIGHT! Forget game 5...this was game 6...they decided to TRY to relive game 5!
Pistons: Unorthodox for them to hit three pointers at all...have already forgotten game 5...hit threes in game 6...they moved on to the present!

Those are my views of tonights DISAPPOINTING LOSS.

Once again for the seventh time, it's all about DEFENSE and POISE!!!

I will NOT preach that anymore....

It's up to the Spurs to live by it!

nuff said

:tu
Thank you for posting this, I don't have the patienc to type it all out.

ctpsb
06-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Absoltely agree. Here's what I started one thread with:
I hate to start the millionth new thread, but I strongly believe this needs to be brought up. WHERE'S THE DEFENSE????!!!! The Pistons have scored no less than 95 points since Game 2. I know a lot is because of turnovers, but come on!!!!
1.) If Tim isn't going to score (i.e., forget the Wallace boys, now McDyess is guarding him one-on-one), then block some shots when Rip/Bill come into the lane.
2.) What is going on with all the open shots, esp 3-pointers?
3.) Are they finally going to get it right on the defensive switches? Correct me if I'm wrong but does anyone remember the Spurs getting caught so many mismatches (Duncan on Billups, Tony on Wallace, etc.) starting with the Phoenix series. Why is this not corrected?

The Mask
06-22-2005, 10:27 AM
The Pistons are battle tested and it showed. They have played better in arguably the last 4 games. Duncan is a solid consistant star but cannot take over a game by himself. That is just not him. It wasn't him at Wake either, remember Childress. Childress was hitting the big Horry like shots while TD was his consistant self. Spurs have to be nervous, if it weren't for the lucky Horry shot they already be done.