PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Del Negro responds to Monty Williams calling them out for flopping

BRHornet45
04-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro disagreed with Williams’ assessment of the Clippers. “I wish we would flop a lot, maybe we’d get some charges,” Del Negro said. “I don’t know anybody on our team that flops.”

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2012/04/new_orleans_hornets_bemoan_the.html

and for those who missed Monty's comments ...

Hornets coach Monty Williams had some choice postgame words for the Clippers and Blake Griffin.

Monty Williams referring to Clippers "It's hard to play against all the flopping and nonsense that goes on with that team.”

Williams: "Who is the common denominator with all this fluff going on around the league? Blake Griffin. We don't dunk, we don't stare at people, we play the game the same way every night. … But all the extra stuff, we've never been about that”

Even more Monty “They put Reggie Evans in the game for one reason, and that's to come in and hit people. It's hard to play against that"

One would think there are plenty of other coaches around the NBA that share Monty Williams' thoughts. He just decided to vent them.

VBM
04-24-2012, 11:03 PM
:lol Guess Vinny didn't see that Evans flop

NRHector
04-24-2012, 11:05 PM
but Williams did say shit when Chris Paul was flopping with the Hornets

TE
04-24-2012, 11:06 PM
No way Vinny dismisses what is probably the greatest flop in the history of the NBA.

Mr. Body
04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Monty Williams is not wrong.

Reck
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
That Clipper team got a little bit good and they think they're the very best. Laughable.

BRHornet45
04-24-2012, 11:17 PM
but Williams did say shit when Chris Paul was flopping with the Hornets

son Chris Paul didn't even really put forth the effort to flop in his final two years here. with the exception of a few of the playoff games last year against the Lakers, Paul just lolly gagged around giving a half assed amount of effort.

NRHector
04-24-2012, 11:19 PM
son Chris Paul didn't even really put forth the effort to flop in his final two years here. with the exception of a few of the playoff games last year against the Lakers, Paul just lolly gagged around giving a half assed amount of effort.

:lol damn you got me there

scanry
04-24-2012, 11:37 PM

I agree to an extent, but the dude had surgery and we could all notice he lost half a step. CP3 no longer has that quickness which we saw till 2008.

100%duncan
04-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Monty with the goods

jmanu20
04-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Two '90s-era Spurs bickering back and forth. Funny.

I always knew Del Negro was a douche (he used to shop at the same grocery store my family and I did), but saying no one on the Clippers flops? "Lob City" have to be the biggest collection of floppers/bitch-made players in this league, particularly CP3 and Griffin.

pass1st
04-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Son, of course he won't admit his team has two of the top 5 floppers in the league.

LkrFan
04-25-2012, 01:57 AM
I don’t know anybody on our team that flops
-Vinny Del Negro

That was Zen-like of Monty. Good shit! :lmao

fevertrees
04-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Monty has been dropping REAL TALK and truth bombs all season.

redzero
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
This whole whining about flopping thing is ridiculous. What team doesn't have players who flop. It's been a part of the game for a while. Sure, one can laugh about it, but the constant complaining is stupid.

fevertrees
04-25-2012, 08:29 AM
^^^^^ nigga what you got against the Smiths? Morrissey is sexy as hell bro.

redzero
04-25-2012, 08:31 AM
I love The Smiths (no homo).

fevertrees
04-25-2012, 08:36 AM
''I think it's important to win,'' Belinelli said. ''I don't care if it's one or two more games in the season, lottery pick, I don't care. I just want to get a win. That's the mentality we need to have.''
props nig.

redzero
04-25-2012, 08:38 AM
If Belinelli thought winning was important, he would have showed up for the playoffs last year.

DeadlyDynasty
04-25-2012, 08:43 AM

:tu

Killakobe81
04-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Son, of course he won't admit his team has two of the top 5 floppers in the league.

TWO?! you add Reggie Evans after that masterpiece flop against the Bees, to Blalke and Paul and they have 3 of the top 5 on lock ...

Memphis vs. clips will be fun, a tough physical all substance ... under the radar squad against the high flying, media darling, ref favored Clips ...

ffadicted
04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Mad respect for calling the bitches out... God I hope memphis taps dat ass in the first round and meets us for a rematch. I've had about enough of fucking lob city with it's average of like 50 non-called offensive fouls per game of people leading with elbows, charges and over-the-backs, etc etc

Oh, and ya, the thought of chris paul flopping is just outrageous.....