PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 is on Tim

goliath
06-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes, I know Tim had a "good" game tonight.

Yes, I know Tim has had "good" games in this series.

But he hasnt had a great game yet, he hasnt had a dominating game yet. The closest was game 5 but he almost single handedly blew it at the end for us.

He is the 2 time MVP. 2 Time champion. This is the NBA Finals.

If Shaq was in the Finals and had games like tonight, everyone would be all over him. Same with Kobe, Garnett or any other player Spurs fan hates.

When game 7s came up in the past people looked to Jordan not Pippen, Magic not Worthy, Bird not McHale, Shaq and Kobe not Horry.

Yes, other Spurs need to show up. But Tim needs to lead the way. Tim needs to show the heart of a champion which he hasnt so far this series. He needs to show the heart of a champion like he did in game 6 against NJ or against LA in game 6 in '03.

Game 7 is a legacy game. Like it or not, this is one of the games people will point too when discussing Tim Duncan and his legacy, rightly or wrongly.

Tim is the one player in this series who can say Im not going to be denied. Not Parker, not Manu, not Billips, not the Wallaces. Only Duncan.

The Pistons have the psychological advantage. I dont want to admit it but they do. Pistons have a reputation based on games like Thursday. Because they usually come through. The Spurs have reputations based on games like Thursday too, but unfortunatly thats the dreaded "soft" reputation.

This game is on Tim. He needs to say Im not going to be denied. He did it with Shaq. He did it with Garnett. He can do it against the Wallaces.

AFE7FATMAN
06-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Game 7
Championship on the Line
NBA Finals
Where Legends are Born
:blah

Will TD Prove he has the right Stuff? :depressed

God nows but he is not speaking to me right know after all my F Words
Cussing etc after game 4 and last night.

Still gotta believe.
Still got hope
but T Park save me a place on the ledge. :pctoss

goliath
06-22-2005, 12:44 AM
This is Tims team. His franchise.

Not Manus

Not Parkers

But Tims.

Hes by far the best player on the floor.

Game 7 he better decide to show it.

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Whatever happens, Timmy is the man. Two bad ankles and he leads his team to the NBA Finals? A game 7 and possible victory over the defending champs who have the best defensive frontline? He is still the man!!

I think the Spurs will win. But even if (and BIG if) they dont, I will still be proud of Tim and this team. But, no excuses.

Tim and the Spurs will step it up and win game 7!!!

goliath
06-22-2005, 12:55 AM
I guess Im just expecting more out of Tim than some here on the board.

I just remember big time playoff games where Tim would not be denied.

Game 6 against the Lakers, Game 6 against NJ

Hell even the .4 game last year Tim impossed his will and absent a miracle shot we woulda won.

Even at times these playoffs hes had games like that.

But after every game this series Ive thought, Wow next game is going to be "one of those big time Duncan games" but it hasnt happened yet.

I just think its going to have to happen, and can happen, if we're going to win Thur