PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 Lineup Matchups

DejuanorwhatDude
04-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Here's what I predict the lineups will be against Utah...if Al Jefferson is playing like he did tonight this team could be a tough out.

I don't see Pop taking Leonard and Green out of the starting rotation...they're playing too well to do that. Tony should tool Harris. Hayward v. Leonard should be interesting...two young players who have alot to prove. I think Diaw is a perfect fit defensively against Millsap...no size advantage there. Duncan should negate whatever amount of production that Jefferson puts out. This series will be won on our guard play which is clearly superior.

San Antonio Utah
First Team First Team
PG: Tony Parker Devin Harris
SG: Danny Green C. J. Miles
SF: Kawhi Leonard Gordan Hayward
PF: Boris Diaw Paul Millsap
C: Al Jefferson Tim Duncan

I realize that Utah probably won't play ten man rotation...but I'm figuring we will and I'm just guessing as to who they would match up with.

Once you reach the bench, you start to see how deep this team is. Manu Ginobili coming off the bench will light up almost any combination of second unit players that comes in for Utah. Matt Bonner seems to be the best fit against Favors...Blair just doesn't match up with his size. Splitter could also be an option on Favors if Pop doesn't view Kanter as much of an offensive threat.

San Antonio Utah
Bench Bench
PG: Gary Neal Earl Watson
SG: Manu Ginobili Alec Burks/Raja Bell
SF: Stephen Jackson Jeremy Evans
PF: Matt Bonner Derrick Favors
C: Tiago Splitter Enes Kanter

Overall, it's going to be physical but I don't see the series going past six games.