PDA

View Full Version : Kobe compliments Manu in Spike Lee Documentary

MANUUU
04-25-2012, 03:55 AM
I know this is an old film.
I didn't see this posted. If it was, I apologize in advance.
I was just surprised to hear what Kobe had to say about Manu
in this Film.

He talks about Manu at 5:27 in this youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIgmXTaLeBM&feature=endscreen&NR=1

"Now that's a bad boy right there. I have so much respect for his game. And he's an incredible competitor. I enjoy playing against him. Fantastic 2 guard."
-Kobe Bryant

Also, earlier in the video, Phil Jackson tells his team "Make sure you tell the referees: my coach told me to tell you guys don't let Oberto and Duncan pick and use their hands."

Kobe says "Ahaha we tell them that all the time, and it doesn't matter, they get away with it still. Ahaha but you know, I guess we still gotta do it, I guess."

Thought that was interesting, lol.

Halberto
04-25-2012, 04:14 AM
I don't know when/where he said it, but I remember reading that Kobe's favorite player was Manu.

MANUUU
04-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Respect.

angelbelow
04-25-2012, 04:28 AM
Kobe has always been complimentary of Manu.

I still remember a game between the Lakers and Spurs where Manu hit the floor hard. Kobe ran over to help Manu up like he was a teammate of his. He got there before any of Manu's actual teammates could. Definitely a lot of mutual respect between the two.

Phenomanul
04-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Kobe has always been complimentary of Manu.

I still remember a game between the Lakers and Spurs where Manu hit the floor hard. Kobe ran over to help Manu up like he was a teammate of his. He got there before any of Manu's actual teammates could. Definitely a lot of mutual respect between the two.

Then again, he's also given Manu a black eye...

DeadlyDynasty
04-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Another reason to love Kobe:tu

SpurinDallas
04-25-2012, 08:52 AM

When its all said and done, I think I'll look back at all my Kobe hate and admit to myself that he was one of the greatest to ever play the game, and it was awesome to have had to face him for the last XX amount of years.

slacker77
04-25-2012, 09:01 AM

All bullshit trolling aside,I respect kobe a ton as a player.With the scored tied up,seconds left,and the ball is in his hands any opposing team is shitting bricks.Any body who says otherwise doesn't know a thing about kobe or is just a complete dumbass.

Juggity
04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
When its all said and done, I think I'll look back at all my Kobe hate and admit to myself that he was one of the greatest to ever play the game,

:lol

bigfan
04-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Im no Laker fan but I do think Kobe is a damn great player and not a bad guy.

Venti Quattro
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Game, meet game.

Mr. Body
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
It sort of began when Manu was coming over from Europe and everyone was calling Manu the 'Euro-Kobe' and stuff like that, and pointing out that they both spoke Italian. Kobe had his dander up a bit, but Manu didn't come out like he deserved respect in the League he hadn't earned and was humble and just worked hard. I think that made a big impact.

sehui
04-25-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't know when/where he said it, but I remember reading that Kobe's favorite player was Manu.

I've heard that too, but like you said, I've never seen a legit source :x

Anyways, Kobe and Manu respect each other a lot.

But just because Kobe likes Manu, you guys are kissing his ass, give me a break. I still hate his guts. Raper.

cherylsteele
04-25-2012, 11:19 AM
At about 5:30 in above video link.

Dr Cox
04-25-2012, 01:09 PM
I hate Kobe!

But I respect the sh*t out of him on the court. Mad Skills!

Budkin
04-25-2012, 02:24 PM
The only reason we hate on Kobe is because he's so good and he's killed us so many times.

jestersmash
04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
This is nothing new. Manu has complimented Kobe's game a bunch of times in the past as well, and he's always respected Kobe as a fellow fierce competitor.

Speaking of Kobe and Ginobili, there's a new rap song (mixtape) out featuring both as the chorus :lol

Y.Money - Kobe Ginobili (feat. Starko):

p0QdPVaTfYM

VBM
04-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Lol...hated rival says something nice about Spurs player.

Thread full of "_____ is a jackass, but I respect him" responses follows. It's like clockwork...

With that said, nobody respects the game like Kobe, and for that, I've gotta respect him

TampaDude
04-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Lol...hated rival says something nice about Spurs player.

Thread full of "_____ is a jackass, but I respect him" responses follow. It's like clockwork...

With that said, nobody respects the game like Kobe, and for that, I've gotta respect him

Fuck Kobe...we don't need his rapist ass to tell us how good Manu Ginobili is...we know how fucking good he is. :lol

Halberto
04-25-2012, 03:29 PM
At about 5:30 in above video link.

Wrong.

smrattler
04-25-2012, 03:59 PM

Who among us has not given someone they respect a black eye? :ihit

Kobe knows Manu's a bad-ass...

angelbelow
04-25-2012, 04:27 PM

To me, that was 100% accidental. Obviously the footage is up for interpretation but I thought it was a natural basketball motion.

ginobili fan
04-25-2012, 05:03 PM
It's known that Kobe loves and respects Manu like his father.
and the spurs too.

Phenomanul
04-25-2012, 05:27 PM
To me, that was 100% accidental. Obviously the footage is up for interpretation but I thought it was a natural basketball motion.

There was nothing natural about that flung elbow... Kobe was rather crafty in trying to make it seem like a natural motion, but the angles were all wrong...

lefty
04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
So what?

We have to like Kobe now?

Fuck that shit

Cane
04-25-2012, 05:35 PM
IIRC Kobe's got plenty of respect for Bruce Bowen too, which is rare to hear from players. But in the end I gotta go with this:

So what?

Fuck that shit

timvp
04-25-2012, 05:35 PM
lefty with the rare goods.

angelbelow
04-25-2012, 05:42 PM
There was nothing natural about that flung elbow... Kobe was rather crafty in trying to make it seem like a natural motion, but the angles were all wrong...

Yeah, I think at the end of the day, the NBA felt the same way because they suspended Kobe one or two games IIRC. However, my initial reaction was that it was accidental. Haven't watch the replay in some time but I remember it looked pretty bad as well, although it didn't convince me of any malicious intent.

Venti Quattro
04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
So what?

Fuck that shit
What's not likeable about Kobe?

He's rich, he sells a lot of endorsements, he's top 10 good, he's got 5 rings and 2 finals MVPs to boot, he is a family man as evidenced by a church for his wife and he knows how to avoid trouble...how can you not imagine to be a man of Kobe's stature? :tu

lefty
04-25-2012, 07:11 PM
lefty with the rare goods.

Rare?

GFY :lol

spurs1990
04-25-2012, 07:31 PM
What's not likeable about Kobe?

He's rich, he sells a lot of endorsements, he's top 10 good, he's got 5 rings and 2 finals MVPs to boot, he is a family man as evidenced by a church for his wife and he knows how to avoid trouble...how can you not imagine to be a man of Kobe's stature? :tu

Colorado circa summer 2003. Take that out of his resume and I concede your point wholeheartedly.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-25-2012, 07:41 PM
crofl, fuck Kobe.

DMC
04-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Kobe likes foreign players, especially the popular ones. He's a worldly cat, on a different level from the born and raised USA ballers. Anyone who discusses soccer in Italian while on the bench ain't your normal American NBA player.

I respect his game, don't give a shit about him though.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Kobe liking soccer breaks my heart. The rape, I can live with.

cherylsteele
04-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Wrong.
What do you mean wrong? Fid you click on the video?
Move the slider to the 5:30 mark and they show Manu in street clothes from a groin injury, Kobe also mentioned he was disappointed the Manu wasn't playing because he loves playing against him because he such a fierce competitor.