PDA

View Full Version : Worst TNT doubleheader ever tomorrow?

baseline bum
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Game 1 is New York vs Charlotte. The Knicks probably try to lose to drop to the 8 seed and avoid a first round matchup with Miami while Charlotte will make a comical attempt to try to only have the second worst record of alltime. Then in game 2 we have Spurs vs Warriors. The Spurs surely rest everyone since they'll be playing game 1 on Saturday, while the Warriors are desperately trying to tank to keep their pick from going to Utah. Should be an incredible night.

Reck
04-25-2012, 12:11 PM
This is messed up.

I can tell you with certainty that if it was the Spurs with 7 wins and 50+ losses they would not get a single game on tv.

MJ must have dropped a few million bucks to get this on national tv. lol

boutons_deux
04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
"they'll be playing game 1 on Saturday"

nba.com still has "0 games" for Saturday

cheguevara
04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
last year #1 spurs played on sunday around 3pm I think.

that will probably be the case this time too.

HarlemHo 37
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Game 1 is New York vs Charlotte. The Knicks probably try to lose to drop to the 8 seed and avoid a first round matchup with Miami while Charlotte will make a comical attempt to try to only have the second worst record of alltime. Then in game 2 we have Spurs vs Warriors. The Spurs surely rest everyone since they'll be playing game 1 on Saturday, while the Warriors are desperately trying to tank to keep their pick from going to Utah. Should be an incredible night.

All eyes will be on the NFL draft. Nobody's gonna be watching TNT to begin with.

baseline bum
04-25-2012, 01:07 PM
"they'll be playing game 1 on Saturday"

nba.com still has "0 games" for Saturday

You can't seriously believe Utah vs San Antonio is going to be a Sunday marquee game.

boutons_deux
04-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't "believe", not being a superstititious/religious type.

but I get your point.

I expect Game1 to be Sunday evening.

Robz4000
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM
This is messed up.

I can tell you with certainty that if it was the Spurs with 7 wins and 50+ losses they would not get a single game on tv.

MJ must have dropped a few million bucks to get this on national tv. lol
They make the schedule before the season starts. Guarantee if they knew how bad Charlotte would be they wouldn't be showing this game.

Reck
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM
They make the schedule before the season starts. Guarantee if they knew how bad Charlotte would be they wouldn't be showing this game.

I think they can choose what they want regardless of the time. Just like TNT can show games on Tuesday instead of their usual schedule.

I think the games each network picks before the year only pertain to relevant teams that will garner good ratings.

The Bobcats haven't done shit since their inception, same thing goes for the Knicks for a couple of years.

What makes them think putting 2 of the worst teams to watch on TV a good idea?