PDA

View Full Version : Theres probably a 90% chance we play Denver in the first round

freetiago
04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Utah still has to play portland
they most likely will go all out to get in playoff shape and the trailblazers are in full tank mode

Denver on the otherhand has to play okc and min
Durants going for the scoring title and that team doesnt ever worry about injuries so theyre gonna go all out and denver most likely loses
that leaves denver with a choice of playing and beating minnesota for the 7th seed and a matchup with OKC or they lose and play the spurs
A much stronger denver team lost to OKC in 5 last year so i believe theyll "rest" all their guys vs min and try to lose to play SA who they think they have a chance vs based on season series
Minnesota is also trying to lose so that could make it tough for Denver

Its funny how times have changed, teams tanking to play S.A
i know our title runs have all started by whooping denver so i wouldnt mind playing them

coyotes_geek
04-25-2012, 12:19 PM
I can't see Denver losing to Minnesota.

Mel_13
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Minnesota is also trying to lose

Why is Minnesota trying to lose?

Venti Quattro
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
they are tanking

Mel_13
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
they are tanking

for what purpose?

spectator
04-25-2012, 12:25 PM
agree on uta over por and okc over den. as far as den @ min, den will probably win.

min advantages / incentives:
1. rest
2. nothing to win by losing/tanking - they don't own their pick
3. last game of the season, at home, vs. division rival

den advantages :
1. better team

so yeah, den should take this one.

Dr Cox
04-25-2012, 12:25 PM
lol Nuggets will not lose to the Wolves.

elemento
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
What you said doesn't make any sense. Minny is trying to lose, but somehow they're gonna win against Denver ?

Tbh, I don't see Denver losing against Minny without Love and Rubio. For Minny it doesn't matter if they win or lose, their pick is going to NOLA.

Penya
04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Minny isn't trying to lose.
They're in self-destruction mode, though.

freetiago
04-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Well i didnt know that Minny lost their pick already
that actually increases the odds of Minnesota winning
theyll want to win one last game to end the season on a good note

and Denver could lose if theyre purposely trying to lose to face the spurs in the first round
after searching around they really dont want to play OKC or LA in the first
they also would like to play the clippers
by getting San antonio they would play the worst of the 3 and be away from OKC/Dallas bracket

Mel_13
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Well i didnt know that Minny lost their pick already
that actually increases the odds of Minnesota winning
theyll want to win one last game to end the season on a good note

and Denver could lose if theyre purposely trying to lose to face the spurs in the first round
after searching around they really dont want to play OKC or LA in the first
they also would like to play the clippers
by getting San antonio they would play the worst of the 3 and be away from OKC/Dallas bracket

So it's not a 90% chance after all?

What's your new estimate?

sa_butta
04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
90% of statistics are wrong. No way Denver loses to the T-pups. I think the likelyhood of facing the Jazz is higher.

smaka
04-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Denver won't lose in Minnesota, because without Love and Rubio, they are... hm, bad?

And yeah teams trying to tank to get to play Spurs... Ridiculous if you ask me. We beat Denver/Utah 100%. Teams are gonna regret tanking with purpose of gettin to play Spurs, srsly.

freetiago
04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Im sure there was no way Memphis would lose to the Paul-less Clippers last year
A full strength nuggets team could easily beat the Wolves but we dont know if theyll be at full strength
the nuggets are 1-3 vs the hornets this year who have the worst record in the West
and the only team to beat Miami and Chicago on the road this year are the Washington Generals
Is it that hard to grasp that a team will lose on purpose to face a more favorable matchup

This could all go out the window if the nuggets beat okc today but with a durant motivated to drop 50+ i dont see it happening
okc had the 50/40/triple double game last time they played denver

timvp
04-25-2012, 01:06 PM
I'd say it's like a 95% chance the Spurs play Utah. The Nuggets would be pretty damn dumb to tank to play the Spurs. Not that the Spurs are unbeatable but the Lakers look somewhat vulnerable, especially without Artest. And the Thunder haven't exactly been tearing it up.

If you're the Nuggets, you want to stay 6th to play the Lakers. And then hope the Mavs can upset the Thunder to get HCA in the second round.

CGD
04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I can't see the Jazz playing their little hearts out for the possibility of getting the Lakers.

Bruno
04-25-2012, 01:27 PM
If I'm Nuggets, I'll try to win the rest of the season to face the Lakers. Even if they are 1-3 against them this year, I think they match up well with them especially with Artest being out.

I'm interested to see what Thunder will try to do against Denver tonight. Will they try hard to win to avoid Mavs in the first round or will they take this game easy to get some rest before the playoffs?

Mel_13
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I can't see the Jazz playing their little hearts out for the possibility of getting the Lakers.

Jazz can't get the Lakers. They'll play the Spurs or OKC.

freetiago
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I'd say it's like a 95% chance the Spurs play Utah. The Nuggets would be pretty damn dumb to tank to play the Spurs. Not that the Spurs are unbeatable but the Lakers look somewhat vulnerable, especially without Artest. And the Thunder haven't exactly been tearing it up.

If you're the Nuggets, you want to stay 6th to play the Lakers. And then hope the Mavs can upset the Thunder to get HCA in the second round.

Nuggets are scared shitless of the Thunder
and if based on the perception of the spurs around the league who would you take
Kobe+ 2 dominant 7 footers
or the old spurs who got bounced in the first round by an 8 seed last year

Artest is also being overrated now
He was playing like one of probably the top 3 worst starters in the league during the entire year until kobe was out with injury
until then he was shooting like 7% on 3s and wasnt playing much defense

Our bracket is more favorable since it could possibly involve the Clippers also who are the weakest of the elite western teams
In the other side you have all 3 of OKC/LA/Dallas who nugs dont wanna play

T Park
04-25-2012, 02:05 PM
If Denver plays the Lakers they IMo would win in 6.

Keepin' it real
04-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Reminds me of that line from The Naked Gun:

Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50/50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.

sananspursfan21
04-25-2012, 02:13 PM
If you dont round up, its an 89.76% chance

DesignatedT
04-25-2012, 02:17 PM
So the highest the Jazz can finish is 7? Or does Utah have a chance at 6?

Mugen
04-25-2012, 02:18 PM
So the highest the Jazz can finish is 7? Or does Utah have a chance at 6?

Jazz can't get the Lakers. They'll play the Spurs or OKC.

DesignatedT
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks Mucus.

Budkin
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
No way.

Mugen
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks Mucus.

:lol

etbluffer
04-25-2012, 02:51 PM
I can't see Denver losing to Minnesota.

I can... I think Denver is playing on the 2nd night of a back to back and Minny is going to bring a good last game for their fans.. SA vs Denver 1st round- book it@

DontStopBelieving
04-25-2012, 09:35 PM
how unexpected :(