PDA

View Full Version : "Go To" guy

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm curious. The Spur team is very similiar to the Pistons in that they don't have a true "go to" guy throughout the game. Both teams have many players that contribute scoring as a TEAM. Any night it can be a different player. Of all of our guys, I'd say it was Rip...sometimes Chauncey. I always thought Duncan was for you....but with the emergence of Parker and Manu, things are changing. It seems to me that the Spurs don't know who they should make that guy.
So many times Manu has a few good plays, but then they go away from him......Parker has 2 or 3 nice drives w/ that little floater--but then he doesn't take another shot for a while.........Duncan will hit a hook followed by a lil' glasser.....then he passes every time he has the ball.
Is this just me? I obviously haven't seen them play as much as all of you. Why doesn't Duncan get that rock every damn time? Or Manu? just curious.

E20
06-22-2005, 12:22 AM
It switches the rotation is:

Duncan, Horry, Manu.

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Bingo. good point. Duncan used to get all the balls. But he's been struggling, I don't know if it's the ankles or what. I wouldn't mind giving the ball to Manu all the time. I don't know what happened tonight, at the 4th quarter, we just gave up or something.

E20
06-22-2005, 12:24 AM
If I'm a Pistons fan I want the ball in Chauncey's hands. Since I'm a Spurs I don't really know who should have the ball. It all depends on who is hot in the last 5 minutes for the Spurs and that could be anybody.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 12:26 AM
If I'm a Pistons fan I want the ball in Chauncey's hands.

In clutch situations, I agree...but Rip is still our leading scorer. Billups has the ability to get 30 almost whenever he wants......but "playing the right way" under Brown dictates that he sacrifices his scoring.

TDMGTP
06-22-2005, 12:28 AM
manu should be the go to guy TO CREATE with 1 or 2 possesions left and like that the opponents dont key on TD but TD should get the ball otherwise. in game 6 pop should have continued to fed TD he went to Gino to early i think somewhere around the 2 min mark in the game.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 12:29 AM
And what in the hell happened that whole time that Sheed was on the bench w/ 4 fouls? I would have been giving TD that damn ball every chance I had.

FreshPrince22
06-22-2005, 01:00 AM
In big situations Chauncey has to be the go-to guy for the Pistons. Timmy needs to be the go-to guy for the Spurs. Everytime he gets the ball within 10 feet of the rim i just put my head down and start thinking about the next posession.
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Gummi
06-22-2005, 01:11 AM
If you need a basket, go to Duncan. Manu can create alot but Duncan is still the go to guy on this team. Same thing with Parker, he can create alot for himself and others.