PDA

View Full Version : worst stat of the game

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 12:41 AM
I just noticed this looking at the boxscore:

Barry's shot attempts:

Duncan's shot attempts:

I like Barry, and he can definetly get help a team win w/ his 3's....but there is no way TD should have only 4 more attempts than Barry.

They need to get Timmy the ball.

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Wow, Barry actually took shots???

I dunno if that is good or bad!

Solid D
06-22-2005, 12:45 AM
28 3-pt attempts is a very bad stat, too.

MI21
06-22-2005, 12:46 AM
I actually wasn't to angry with Barry's play today. During the game he didn't seem scared, but later on he was. The missed jumpshot was full of nerves (though the tipin was sweet). The play where Tony hit a 3 with about 5 minutes left, Barry had a completely wide open look and gave it up to a worse 3 point shooter. Scared.

But, there was more good than bad from Barry in my opinion, despite the 3-10.

whottt
06-22-2005, 12:50 AM
People have been saying Barry's a pussy for not shooting all season long...even though he's never been a high volume shot taker...he's a smart shot taker.

He changed his game tonight and I personally didn't like it...I like it better when he just plays in the background and keeps our O running smoothly by getting the ball to the guys who most need to get it and shooting when the Pistons are taking those guys away.

Barry's best attribute is that he isn't a chucker...he played like one tonight, my guess is because that's what the Spurs and 99% of the fans have wanted him to be all season...and not the smooth quick thiking smart shooting guard he actually is...

If that's what the Spurs wanted tonight...they should have played Devin Brown more...he's the energy/emotion guy...and you know what?

This type of game Devin could been huge...our offense was basically going pretty good...and it wasn't the total disaster situation Pop usually goes to Devin in...

It's stupid that Devin did not evne get off the bench since we were going for threes and no one was hitting them...it might have been nice to give Devin a 5 minute run or so just to see what he could do.

I never understand why Pop has talent on his bench and does not even let it off the bench...I think Devin has a chance to make a better impact in a close game than he does in one we are trailing by 15 because our O sucks.

Might have been nice to give Bigg Dogg a couple minutes burn as well.

Solid D
06-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Bruce didn't defend Billups in the last 2 minutes this time either, did he? With 2:15 remaining, it was a 1 point game.

whottt
06-22-2005, 12:55 AM
No he didn't...and that's another mystifying thing...

Neither Parker nor Bruce could stop their man tonight...when they switched in game 5 they were effective...Tony did a good job on Rip and Bruce shut Chauncey the hell down...I'd have liked to have seen that switch again...say at the start of the 4th quarter.

Basically we just wasted Bruce tonight...when Rip is going off you can't stop him because he's so effective at using his teamates to get open...

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Bruce didn't defend Billups in the last 2 minutes this time either, did he? With 2:15 remaining, it was a 1 point game.

Ya I kept waiting for that switch.

Solid D
06-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Pop's little gift to Larry. :lol

Nbadan
06-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Rip simply seemed unstoppable tonight - shooters have those games. Despite being repeatedly muscled around, Tony's got to stick closer to Billups on defense. The Spurs not having a dangerous back-up at PG came back to haunt them tonight.

Horry and Barry shot a combined 6-16.

Where's Speedy Claxton?

T Park
06-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Hamilton I can live with, but not Billups.

Because if you force him tot he rack you can block his shot, as evidenced in games 1,2 and 5.

But noooo, play off of him, he cant shoot...

weebo
06-22-2005, 01:29 AM

Barry's shot attempts:

Duncan's shot attempts:

I like Barry, and he can definetly get help a team win w/ his 3's....but there is no way TD should have only 4 more attempts than Barry.

Duncan needs to be more assertive on the offensive end. It makes me nervous every damn time he holds the ball. It's like he is waiting to react to the Piston defense. Great offensive players should already know what they're going to do before they even get their hands on the ball. Not wait and react. He has to be asserivte and decisive and either go up with a damn shot or pass the ball.

timvp
06-22-2005, 01:30 AM
The Spurs are now 0-3 in the Finals in games where Barry scores over ten points or shoots 50% from the field. It hurts the Spurs when he plays well because down the stretch, he isn't going to be in the game. It just give the Spurs a false confidence that their offense will click down the stretch when really ... it won't matter come the fourth quarter. Barry might as well be playing on an island when he's in there because any success he has takes away from the money team. He needs to just go in there and pass to players that actually see floor time when the game is on the line.

Good times for Brent = Bad Time for the Spurs.

T Park
06-22-2005, 01:32 AM
come on TIMVP.

Ginobili shot under 40% for the 4th straight game.

WHere is his call out?!?!?!

Barry actually gave a shit out there, unlike others.

weebo
06-22-2005, 01:35 AM
come on TIMVP.

Ginobili shot under 40% for the 4th straight game.

WHere is his call out?!?!?!

Barry actually gave a shit out there, unlike others.

Agreed. BB came to play tonight. He D' up and gave us some offense. He was aggressive and decisive. TD, on the other hand, gets another free pass as he fades in yet another game.

MI21
06-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Funny shit timvp.

Some won't get it though.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-22-2005, 02:07 AM
big ben only had 1 foul, I dont know how that happens

whottt
06-22-2005, 02:09 AM
The Spurs are now 0-3 in the Finals in games where Barry scores over ten points or shoots 50% from the field. It hurts the Spurs when he plays well because down the stretch, he isn't going to be in the game. It just give the Spurs a false confidence that their offense will click down the stretch when really ... it won't matter come the fourth quarter. Barry might as well be playing on an island when he's in there because any success he has takes away from the money team. He needs to just go in there and pass to players that actually see floor time when the game is on the line.

The Spurs are averaging 101 PPG when he plays over 25 mins...they average 91 PPG when he doesn't...Regardless of what he scores.

LMAO...the hilarious thing is that the Spurs 3-1 when he scores 3 or less and 0-2 when he scores over 10....It's the minutes...I thought he needed more in game 3...

Tonight? I think some of those shots would have been better taken by Duncan, Manu or Parker...with the way the paint was open.

Barry played like Devin Brown, congrats...the ultra efficient offensive player that once was Brent Barry is now gone and a "Spurs" offensive player stands in his place ...might as well have put Devin in there....Devin Brown is a better Devin Brown than Barry is.

timvp
06-22-2005, 02:13 AM
In wins this series, Barry is averaging one point per game. In losses, he's averaging 8.3 points per game.

P.S.

*head nod* @ MI21

whottt
06-22-2005, 02:21 AM
In wins this series, Barry is averaging one point per game.
That's exactly right....so why does every one worry about his PPG totals...

Like I said...in the playoffs...when he gets 25 mins in a game the Spurs average 101 PPG...regardless of what he scores...so why is what he scores so important?

Isn't team performance more important...you are joking but I am not...and the trend is similar in the regular season. Why does it matter what one individual scores when the team performs so well?

I know he got 25 mins tonight...but he just chucked up shots and tried to be scorer, the hero...I didn't like it. It's not his game...I gurantee you if you ask the Pistons which guard they want trying to be the scorer...the #1 pick will be Bowen and the #2 will be Barry.

In losses, he's averaging 8.3 points per game.

Brent trying to be something he's not = Bad Time for the Spurs...

Brent being on the court playing his game = Good times for the Spurs(especially on offense)

timvp
06-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Yeah he's good for the offense as long as he's not scoring. Gotcha.

:rolleyes

flame
06-22-2005, 02:27 AM
Basically we just wasted Bruce tonight...when Rip is going off you can't stop him because he's so effective at using his teamates to get open...

I thought that in the third quarter. I figured that Rip was going off with bruce on him - and billups was doing ok. A switch of defenders might take them off balance and shut both down.....

but pop doesnt.

if the guy that bruce is guarding shows up on the offensive radar more than once - bruce isnt having his usual effect. Put him on someone else! doesnt take someone out of the "defensive rhythm" since youre in a totally reactive situation anyways. Definately takes them off of an offensive rhythm though....

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:29 AM
Well for a lot of the game, Rip was pretty contained. At one point he was 4-for-11.

whottt
06-22-2005, 02:32 AM
TimVP...You don't think someone can help an offense without scoring? Guess what...they can.

Just like some guys can help a defense without blocking a lot of shots or getting a lot of steals....How the team performs is more important than the way any individual performs...

Anyone can go out there take a ton of shots and score more points than they would if they didn't...that doesn't mean their team is going to mirror that production.

Going 0-3 and missing 3 shots just might be better than going 3-10 and missing 7....because those extra missed shots might be taken by someone who might not miss them, because it's more their shot.

I mean there is a difference between George Gervins scoring titles and AI's...one of them was a hell of a lot more efficient...

whottt
06-22-2005, 02:36 AM
I thought that in the third quarter. I figured that Rip was going off with bruce on him - and billups was doing ok. A switch of defenders might take them off balance and shut both down.....

but pop doesnt.

if the guy that bruce is guarding shows up on the offensive radar more than once - bruce isnt having his usual effect. Put him on someone else! doesnt take someone out of the "defensive rhythm" since youre in a totally reactive situation anyways. Definately takes them off of an offensive rhythm though....

The change up worked so well in game 5...no clue why we didn't do it....

In Bruce's defense? Not to mention Duncan, Manu, Parker?

They logged a hell of a lot of minutes in game 5, all went over 40 minutes...and it is laaaaaaaaaaaate in the season.

That's asking a hell of a lot out of Bruce...a 34 year old man, to chase around a cardio freak like Hamilton...this late in the season, with so little rest, at his age.

And Horry no doubt was gonna be gassed after his performance.

AI-square
06-22-2005, 04:22 AM
TimVP...You don't think someone can help an offense without scoring? Guess what...they can.

Just like some guys can help a defense without blocking a lot of shots or getting a lot of steals....How the team performs is more important than the way any individual performs...

Anyone can go out there take a ton of shots and score more points than they would if they didn't...that doesn't mean their team is going to mirror that production.

Going 0-3 and missing 3 shots just might be better than going 3-10 and missing 7....because those extra missed shots might be taken by someone who might not miss them, because it's more their shot.

I mean there is a difference between George Gervins scoring titles and AI's...one of them was a hell of a lot more efficient...

Very, very true. It's just like how Bruce Bowen contributes to the defense. He doesn't usually block shots or steal the ball, but he puts a hand in the guy's face whenever possible and sticks to him like a leech.

I think generally shot selection was a big problem for the Spurs. If Barry and Bowen are shooting at least make sure they are good looks.

spursupporter
06-22-2005, 05:16 AM
game 6 must be a gift to larry from pop. larry probably retired after this season, hence pop give larry his 100th playoff win to be positioned at 3rd of "most playoffs win from coach"

ducks
06-22-2005, 08:50 AM

Barry's shot attempts:

Duncan's shot attempts:

yeah what the fuck barry thinks he is the savior now
when was the last time he shot 10 shots in one game

dn0
06-22-2005, 08:53 AM
I just hope pop doesn't prohibit the 3's for next game, the spurs could easily die with Tim turnin the ball over and shooting free throws.