PDA

View Full Version : 11 hours away...it's the final countdown!

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 08:06 AM
do-do-do-do do-do-do-do-doooooooooo, do-do-do-do. Yes, I'm excited, so fuck off.

What 1st-rd picks do you want? What would you absolutely hate? what's meh?

:smokin = Floyd, Kalil, Blackmon
:sleep = Reiff, Kuechly
:bang = Barron, Kirkpatrick, Gilmore
:lmao = Tannehill

Darth_Pelican
04-26-2012, 08:47 AM
It would be nice just to have any picks in the first 2 rounds.

:depressed

monosylab1k
04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
This primetime format fucking blows. Probably won't even bother watching it.

There was nothing better than waking up Saturday morning and spending all day watching the draft.

manufan10
04-26-2012, 08:54 AM

There was nothing better than waking up Saturday morning and spending all day watching the draft.

I agree.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 08:54 AM

agreed...I would just veg out all day and do nothing but booze, pig out, and watch football.

Still though, it's a deep and unpredictable draft so I'll tune in. If we don't have Floyd at #10 though I'll change the fuckin' channel

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I have to go to some gay ass banquet during the draft :cry

djohn2oo8
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I just want the Texans to get a reciever sometime in this draft. Like Stephen Hill or Rueben Randle. Ryan Broyles would be a steal in the 4th. But if we draft a goddamn lineman in the first round, I'll punch a small cat.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I just want the Texans to get a reciever sometime in this draft. Like Stephen Hill or Rueben Randle. Ryan Broyles would be a steal in the 4th. But if we draft a goddamn lineman in the first round, I'll punch a small cat.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Watching that predraft interview with Luck and Griffin, I'm actually pretty impressed with Griffin's attitude. It sounds dumb but Luck's nerdy ass voice and goofy appearance might not bode well for him in the NFL.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Watching that predraft interview with Luck and Griffin, I'm actually pretty impressed with Griffin's attitude.

Somebody hacked DoK's account

manufan10
04-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Somebody hacked DoK's account

:lmao

manufan10
04-26-2012, 10:27 AM
The Cowboys need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball, so I hope it's a draft geared towards that. They also need to start looking for a QB for the future, so that needs to be addressed at some point also.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-26-2012, 11:17 AM
If a team can draft Nic Foles and groom him for 2-3 years (at least), he has solid potential. Not being considered an elite QB like he was a year ago is a blessing in disguise for him since he's not NFL ready.

Criner is one of the most undervalued receivers in da draft.

Axe Murderer
04-26-2012, 01:18 PM
tbh RGIII isn't dumb it's just that the standards are so low that a guy with a +3 GPA, even in Communication, is considered smart these days

benefactor
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Pretty sure they won't. I hope they don't go WR either. Plenty of both of both of those to be had later.

OLB will be the pick in the first. Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus or Shea McClellin. Maybe Chandler Jones if he falls that far.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah, but his "You can't come in and act like a leader comment until you earn it," response during the interview was a lot better than what some honky QBs like David Carr do who get picked 1st overall then show up to camp thinking that playing QB in the NFL is a 9-5 job.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah, but his "You can't come in and act like a leader comment until you earn it," response during the interview was a lot better than what some honky QBs like David Carr do who get picked 1st overall then show up to camp thinking that playing QB in the NFL is a 9-5 job.

What's worse was his Dad (Carr) was at every practice tellin the coaches "not to yell at my boy" :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 01:37 PM
and David Carr's a SB Champion now...how do ya like that, faggots!

manufan10
04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
^ Things we never thought we'd say. :lol

manufan10
04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
It's getting closer. One of my favorite sports days of the year.

JMarkJohns
04-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Liked it better on Saturday as well.

I just know the Cardinals will fuck this up somehow. My hope is they trade back, take OT Glenn or Adams, gain a 2nd (which they don't have) and use it to draft an OLB or CB and the 3rd on the other, then draft all receivers/tightends/runningbacks from there on out. They need skill position depth and need to stockpile upside picks at the WR position in hopes one amounts to something.

They won't do this, however.

LnGrrrR
04-26-2012, 04:14 PM

This. It was like Saturday morning cartoons for adults. :p

I don't watch college, so I don't know "who" we should draft, but I know "where"... linebacker and defensive ends early, an o-lineman, a defensive back mid to late, and then take a flyer on a RB in the 6th or 7th.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Shea McClellin from Boise St is the name I keep hearing around the Pats pick

JMarkJohns
04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
This. It was like Saturday morning cartoons for adults. :p

I don't watch college, so I don't know "who" we should draft, but I know "where"... linebacker and defensive ends early, an o-lineman, a defensive back mid to late, and then take a flyer on a RB in the 6th or 7th.

Patriots need to trade up with the Cardinals to get either S Barron, CB Gilmore, ILB Kuechly or OLB Ingram. One of them will very likely be there, Patriots need a high impact player who helps immediately, and at #13 they should get that.

I say Cardinals get #27 and #48 and a 5th or 6th.

Patriots would still have #31 and #62 for additional defensive depth, plus two 3rds and two 4ths.

shyne
04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Texans will take fleener if he's there, you can book it. Kubiak loves him some tight ends.

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Barron would do absolutely nothing for New England, he's a clone of Patrick Chung.

New England does need to trade up, but it needs to be for Brockers imo, DE is by far their biggest need outside of free safety, but there's no free safety worth taking in the 1st.

djohn2oo8
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Texans will take fleener if he's there, you can book it. Kubiak loves him some tight ends.

Gonna be interesting to see who falls.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Harrison Smith (FS) is rumored in the late first or early 2nd. NE might have to take him if they can't pull off a trade and other prospects leave the board

DUNCANownsKOBE
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Harrison Smith is terrible and would be even worse than Barron. He was a strong safety most of his career at Notre Dame and only played some FS last year because of injuries. I'll take whatever is left on free agency at FS over a white free safety.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Coby Fleener to the Pats then?:lol

RaZon
04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Who will be that guy who thinks he is soooooo damn valuable? The last to sign a contract. Then we see no he isn't worth it. Michael Crabtreeesque.

benefactor
04-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Wouldn't be surprising at all...especially with Dreesen gone and Casey playing FB pretty much full time next season. I wouldn't be mad. Dude's skill set works perfect for the Texans offensive scheme.

I think I'd still prefer them to go OLB. Reed and Barwin need some extra hands in the rotation pretty bad.