PDA

View Full Version : REAL Reason why we lost.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 12:49 AM
The ball just didn't bounce our way. Down the stretch, the Spurs made stops, got it close, and made stops, but when they were within 1, when they made stops, the ball just always found its way into a Pistons hand.

It's not that the Spurs weren't trying. It just bounced the wrong way.

And then Detroit scored on that offensive rebound.

The Spurs weren't out "hearted" or less hungrey or worse.

They justdidn't get the boards they should ahve to insure a win.

Then Manu started taking it to the hole and commiting a turnover.

That also had something to do with it.

And we stopped going to Timmy with 'Weed having 5 fouls.

blaze89
06-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Breaks....they come and go, works for ya or against ya. I dunno my head is just spinning in this series.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ZakkVanDime/message%20boards/dimebag.gif

AI-square
06-22-2005, 01:41 AM
As a neutral, I just feel that Detroit were too damn good tonight. They had, like, 5 turnovers in the entire game??

In every team stat other than rebounding (FG%, 3PT%, FT%, Assists, Steals, Turnovers, Blocks), the Pistons were better than the Spurs. That being said, it was much closer than the final score would suggest. I actually believed that the Spurs could have won this one, especially when it was a one-point game with 2:15 to play.

I think the real reason why the Spurs lost tonight was so that we can all enjoy a Game 7 classic.

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2005, 01:47 AM
The Spurs lost tonight because the Pistons did almost everything right and the Spurs got shook when it mattered most.

When the Spurs absolutely had to have defensive boards, the Pistons got not one but two offensive rebounds, got extra possessions, and made them count. The Pistons took care of the basketball and hit clutch shot after clutch shot. The Pistons shut the Spurs offense down when they needed to and the Spurs were a step slow when the chips were on the table. The Spurs were far too passive for that setting. It was really disappointing to see.

The Pistons played like a poised team that has been in tough spots and prevailed. The Spurs played like an unhinged team that couldn't cope with the realities of trying to close out a title.

timvp
06-22-2005, 01:48 AM
The ball just didn't bounce our way.

:lol

That's even worse than when Pop says the Spurs lost because they missed shots. You can't say a team loses because the ball didn't bounce their way.

FreshPrince22
06-22-2005, 01:50 AM
so... basically, you need luck to win???
________
Vanila4u live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Vanila4u)

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Yes you can.

The Spurs were making the defensive stops but couldn't get the offensive rebound. Not because they weren't trying but because the ball always went to a Piston first.

That's the ball not bouncing your way.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 01:52 AM
so... basically, you need luck to win???

In close games, yep.

if we get some of those defensive rebounds and not yet Prince or Wallce get offensive rebound for the second chance points, I believe the Spurs would have won.

They were closing the gaps down the stretch. it wasn't like they were in some slump or nothing was fallling.

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Yes you can.

The Spurs were making the defensive stops but couldn't get the offensive rebound. Not because they weren't trying but because the ball always went to a Piston first.

That's the ball not bouncing your way.

That's also getting outhustled and outmuscled at a point when desire matters as much or more than skill.

That 4th Quarter was about heart. There's no doubting the Pistons' heart -- they fought and scratched and clawed for every loose ball and defended like each possession was the last of their season. They played with desperation and determination and that showed.

The Spurs (and I'm specifically calling out our superstar) saw that effort from Detroit and rather than rising to the challenge, they backed down and turtled.

bdubya
06-22-2005, 01:56 AM
The ball just didn't bounce our way. Down the stretch, the Spurs made stops, got it close, and made stops, but when they were within 1, when they made stops, the ball just always found its way into a Pistons hand.

It's not that the Spurs weren't trying. It just bounced the wrong way.

It's kind of a law of the NBA; the ball bounces to the team that wants the ball most. The Spurs were most definitely trying; the Pistons were trying harder (when they weren't earning rapid-fire Ts, which is still frickin inexcusable and embarassing and shameful in spite of the win). Stones were up against the wall and the Spurs weren't; I can't WAIT for game 7, when win or lose, we'll really see both teams at their best.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 02:00 AM
That's also getting outhustled and outmuscled at a point when desire matters as much or more than skill.

That 4th Quarter was about heart. There's no doubting the Pistons' heart -- they fought and scratched and clawed for every loose ball and defended like each possession was the last of their season. They played with desperation and determination and that showed.

The Spurs (and I'm specifically calling out our superstar) saw that effort from Detroit and rather than rising to the challenge, they backed down and turtled.

It's called being in the right place at the right time.

I saw Brent shoot a brick and go for the tip and make it and get fouled. That's heart.

I saw Tim get 5 offensive rebounds, many in the fourth qt.

A lot of time it doesn['t matter how much heart or muscle or hustle you put into your game, you can't get all the rebounds. I have the game DVR'd and I can tell you Prince was in the right place at the right time when the ball was shot and hit the rim too hard and just flew his way with no Spurs in his area.

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2005, 02:03 AM
It's called being in the right place at the right time.

I saw Brent shoot a brick and go for the tip and make it and get fouled. That's heart.

I saw Tim get 5 offensive rebounds, many in the fourth qt.

A lot of time it doesn['t matter how much heart or muscle or hustle you put into your game, you can't get all the rebounds. I have the game DVR'd and I can tell you Prince was in the right place at the right time when the ball was shot and hit the rim too hard and just flew his way with no Spurs in his area.

It's kind of funny, isn't it, that teams that win titles always seem to be in the right place at the right time.

There's a ton of work that goes into getting into those positions and that work and the work of retrieving those loose balls is all about heart and determination. I'm not saying that the Spurs had no heart -- I'm saying that when the chips were on the table and it was winning time, the Pistons had MORE heart. They fought for position and battled for rebounds, which gave them extra possesions. They made those count and that is what sunk the Spurs.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 02:06 AM
It's kind of funny, isn't it, that teams that win titles always seem to be in the right place at the right time.

There's a ton of work that goes into getting into those positions and that work and the work of retrieving those loose balls is all about heart and determination. I'm not saying that the Spurs had no heart -- I'm saying that when the chips were on the table and it was winning time, the Pistons had MORE heart. They fought for position and battled for rebounds, which gave them extra possesions. They made those count and that is what sunk the Spurs.

I'm talking about down the stretch of a close game. When you get lucky bounces that go your way down the stretch of a close game it kills the other team.

It's like saying a team can't shoot for shit if a couple of shots rim out down the stretch and that causes the team to lose a game.

The NBA and basketball is funny in that way.

In order to win games, everything, and I mean everything just has to click.