PDA

View Full Version : Jazz radio voice David Locke: "I think they (the Spurs) are immune..."

NASpurs
04-26-2012, 08:58 AM
"I think they are on a different planet than everyone else."

Pretty interesting to hear this guy run the numbers on the Spurs offense and compares Manu to Kobe. Says he hasn't seen an offense like the Spurs in a long time and says the Spurs have the fourth best defense in the last ten games.

I know a lot of you guys like when the opposing team gushes over the Spurs. This guy does that and more. :lol

r17V6M8IMik

Dr Cox
04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
: )

phyzik
04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
"Spurs have the 4th best defense over the last 10 games"

Thats good to hear.

honestfool84
04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
what a nice perspective. :D

Fireball
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
"Spurs have the 4th best defense over the last 10 games"

Thats good to hear.

hopefully he did his research right ...

Whisky Dog
04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
10 games is a far too low sample size to tell much of anything, what are the Spurs defensively since the trade for Jax and the signing of Diaw? That's when this team in its current form came together, and since then they've been wrecking shop. To me that would be something to look at.

hater
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
spurs do look like a legion of zombies. after you think one is taken out of their game, another one rises from the bench.

housious
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Legion of zombies

8FOR!3
04-26-2012, 10:47 AM
10 games is a far too low sample size to tell much of anything, what are the Spurs defensively since the trade for Jax and the signing of Diaw? That's when this team in its current form came together, and since then they've been wrecking shop. To me that would be something to look at.

Nah come on, it takes the players time to get used to the new team.

Proxy
04-26-2012, 11:04 AM

You're being too pessimistic for your own good. Chemistry has to be established.

boutons_deux
04-26-2012, 11:18 AM
10 Games in April is SPAM, the BEST TIME to sample.

Dr Cox
04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Spurs = Zombies

you take one down and you look up and there are 3 more coming at you.

They come at you in waves! : )

bus driver
04-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Believe

:flag:

DJB
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
I've been claiming downstairs all week that the Spurs are on a whole different level than the rest of the league. :wakeup

Bartleby
04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
The zombie metaphor is hilarious . . . and a lot better than cockroaches.

rasho8
04-26-2012, 02:37 PM
NBA teams just arent good at the double tap.

Vito Corleone
04-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Spurs = Zombies

There has to be a joke in there somewhere about how fat San Antonio is and how fat people are the first to go in the Zombie Apocalypse.

Seriously, when I lived in Utah back in the mid-90's, I would listen to Locke on Sports all the time. I even called in a few times to talk crap with Locke, it was pretty entertaining, but that was back when I thought Rome was also entertaining as well.

back then I was all over the greatness of Robinson and Rodman, got to the point he would hang up on me if the Spurs won and would call me out when they lost.

CubanMustGo
04-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Guy also says Dallas is 'ready to beat people,' beating OKC and LAL in the first two rounds. Hmm...

slick'81
04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
jazz should be scurred

DMC
04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I think Dallas is ready to beat people. I am not sure they will though. It's going to depend heavily on Russell Westbrook's shot attempts and whether or not KD and for that matter, Dirk, gets to the line like they did last year.

However, I don't need someone else to tell me that the Spurs are playing great basketball. I've watched every single game this year, I know they are. None of the stats and guessing and hyperbole about Manu = Kobe is going to get us to the next round. We have to get it done. When that happens, we'll have a better idea about our post season team.

phxspurfan
04-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Memphis last year was playing way better than the Jazz are this year. They tanked to get to the 8th seed, and NOH was a true 8th seed last year. I love how this guys compares Gordon Hayward to Rudy Gay (Rudy can probably score A LITTLE better lol).

The truth is, While Al Jefferson is a fine player and a star in Utah, he is not going to beast like Z-Bo did, and Marc Gasol was wayyy bigger than Millsap and a much better player. Our bigs this year > our bigs last year and we have a healthy, deep team this year. Last year we went into the playoffs tugging on our shorts and gasping for air, this year we are going into the post season on a high and with excellent chemistry and a rested, healthy core of stars.

Seventyniner
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Memphis last year was playing way better than the Jazz are this year. They tanked to get to the 8th seed, and NOH was a true 8th seed last year. I love how this guys compares Gordon Hayward to Rudy Gay (Rudy can probably score A LITTLE better lol).

The truth is, While Al Jefferson is a fine player and a star in Utah, he is not going to beast like Z-Bo did, and Marc Gasol was wayyy bigger than Millsap and a much better player. Our bigs this year > our bigs last year and we have a healthy, deep team this year. Last year we went into the playoffs tugging on our shorts and gasping for air, this year we are going into the post season on a high and with excellent chemistry and a rested, healthy core of stars.

Pretty much.
2012 Spurs >>>>> 2011 Spurs
2011 Grizzlies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2012 Jazz

ambchang
04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
The Spurs offense reminds me a little of the Sacramento offense in the early 00s. There are differences of course, Webber and Divac are better passers than Duncan and Splitter, while Manu and Parker are way better penetrators and overall offensive players than Bibby and Christie, but the similarities are the overall ball movement and ball movement, and that everyone on the team could be an offensive option at anytime.

The way the two teams break down the opposition's defense by continuously forcing switches is something that is rarely duplicated in the league in the last 10 years.

Defense is a totally different story though.

100%duncan
04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Truth Bomb

hooperflash
04-26-2012, 10:24 PM
@timvp: if you had the time , you and Kori should do a weekly podcasts of some sort :toast i'd be stoked if that happend :flag:

Wild Cobra Kai
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM

tbh, we lost that series because of players like Conley,Battier, Arthur and Mayo. You know what your key players are going to put up, and we could have withstood Gasol and ZBo, but their secondary and role players killed us.

Russo21
04-26-2012, 10:58 PM
What happened to the days where the 1st round was over before it already begun.

For the second year in a row we have a tough 1st round matchup, make that 3 years in a row as i think we had dallas the year before? Correct me if im mistaken. Dallas, Memphis, Utah.

Not an easy first round anywhere in the west. Utah will put up a fight for sure. Al Jefferson is good offensively but cant play defense to save himself so helpfully that helps. Millsap is the sort of player that gives us problems but maybe this year Diaw and Leonard and Splitter can matchup well with him. Parker and Manu should run rings around their guards.

I don't see it being as hard as the Memphis series but it definately won't be easy. Could be a sweep with 4 close games? Could go 5 6 or 7. It's up in the air but this team is the deepest and most talented from 1 through 12 i can ever remember! :-)

Man In Black
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Don't poke the ZOMBIE!