PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever okay to sport the confederate flag?

PM5K
04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
This (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/confederate-flag-dress-reportedly-keeps-tennessee-senior-from-prom/?test=latestnews) story made me think:

Is the rebel flag sort of like that Hitler mustache? Someone made a joke where they say that Hitler ruined that mustache for everyone. Which makes sense, he wore it and now if you do you look like the biggest racist of all time, so nobody does.

So is the rebel flag sort of the same thing? Nazis sport it, so is it ever okay to use it if you aren't a racist?

Reck
04-26-2012, 01:36 PM
The NASCAR watching rednecks have no issues with it nor does NASCAR. You always see those hung in the infield all the time.

mouse
04-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Ask a Black teen wearing a hoody if he can still eat Skittles.

PM5K
04-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Ask a Black teen wearing a hoody if he can still eat Skittles.

Not the red and blue ones.

RaZon
04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
If you were handing out $$$$$ somebody would find something to bitch about. Flags....big deal~!

manufan10
04-26-2012, 01:41 PM
The Dukes of Hazzard made it okay.

Wild Cobra
04-26-2012, 01:50 PM
This (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/confederate-flag-dress-reportedly-keeps-tennessee-senior-from-prom/?test=latestnews) story made me think:

Is the rebel flag sort of like that Hitler mustache? Someone made a joke where they say that Hitler ruined that mustache for everyone. Which makes sense, he wore it and now if you do you look like the biggest racist of all time, so nobody does.

So is the rebel flag sort of the same thing? Nazis sport it, so is it ever okay to use it if you aren't a racist?
I think it's OK anytime someone wants to. I see the people who are offended of it and want to get rid of it, the same as those who are prejudiced and wants revisionist history in place.

Slavery and the civil war is Hitler's mustache. Not the flag. The Battle flag has a proud heritage. It was not the symbol of slavery, and I couldn't care less about the people who choose to be offended by it. It is their choice... and their choice... should not be imposed upon others.

Just who the fuck do they think they are?

mingus
04-26-2012, 01:53 PM
As long as I have the right to punch them for it.

Wild Cobra
04-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Just read the attached article.

Seems like it's just another Fucked up school driving PC agendas.

NASCARdad
04-26-2012, 01:58 PM
I fly it proudly.

Spurminator
04-26-2012, 02:07 PM
It's well within your rights to sport a confederate flag, just as you have a right to have a bumper sticker that says "I'm an Asshole."

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Depends what you mean by okay.

Suggesting it be banned is a silly waste of time. And labeling it the "flag of slavery" is little more than a lazy misunderstanding.

That said, I think it is somewhat impossible to divorce the flag from its association with the Civil War and slavery. And probably even harder to divorce the flag from its association with the Klan, and the countless other groups who have adopted the sign from the Reconstruction to the present, and its use in the persecution of/violence toward people of color after the end of slavery. I know that it's that history, more so than its history as a battle flag of the Confederate States, that inspires my own reaction/assumptions when I see it proudly displayed.

NASCARdad
04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/l/lynyrd-skynyrd/album-southern-by-the-grace-of-god-lynyrd-skynyrd-tribute-tour-vol-1.jpg
Many display it proudly.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 02:57 PM
I personally don't have a problem with it because I'm white and it doesn't offend me.

That being said, whenever I see one on the back of a truck, or on a belt buckle, or anywhere else, I immediately know that person is uneducated.

Reck
04-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I personally don't have a problem with it because I'm white and it doesn't offend me.

That being said, whenever I see one on the back of a truck, or on a belt buckle, or anywhere else, I immediately know that person is uneducated.

Alabama is one of those states you may want to never go into then. :lol

Huey Freeman
04-26-2012, 03:07 PM

This

I'm not white, but it still doesn't offend me personally. To each its own

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Wear the original flag of the Confederacy instead. Most people wouldn't recognize it if it bit them in the ass so you probably won't offend anyone. The ones that would be offended will probably be pissed because they'll think it's a Puerto Rico's or from one of them sissy European countries that we had to save from the Soviets.

z0sa
04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
If you want to look like an ignorant and possibly racist (and toothless) dumbass, feel free.

The funny part is these same assholes hate Mexicans who display their home flag or other aspects of their nationality proudly.

DeadlyDynasty
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM

Been there. Have no intention of ever going back.

manufan10
04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Sweet home Alabama!

CubanSucks
04-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Cause somehow they're equal?...

The moment there's not a double standard on the word n i g g e r I'll be against anyone sporting it

Chris
04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
That's the problem with logos and icons. The definitions of them
change depending on who you talk to.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-26-2012, 04:26 PM
The Fabulous Freebirds get a pass.

Blake
04-26-2012, 04:42 PM

You don't

ChumpDumper
04-26-2012, 05:23 PM
School officials, however, said a teacher warned Edwards two months ago that the dress might be problematic. The teacher, who served as prom sponsor, suggested to Edwards in February that she should clear the idea with the principal, but Edwards did not do so, according to Eddie Pruett, director of schools for the Gibson County School System.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/confederate-flag-dress-reportedly-keeps-tennessee-senior-from-prom/?test=latestnews#ixzz1tBhnBx3j

Eh, if true she can fuck herself with that dress.

lol her date couldn't even bother to tick in his shirt.

RaZon
04-26-2012, 05:28 PM
ZvilFSMVHTs (http://ZvilFSMVHTs)

Wild Cobra Kai
04-26-2012, 09:32 PM

That would only be one reason not to go there, tbh. Alabama makes Texas look as educated and progressive as California.

O.J. Simpson
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
The good old "I'm a traitor to the U.S.A." flag.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2012, 12:05 AM
When we go Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ knocking, we drive away with the stars and bars poked through the t top.

spurs1990
04-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Are people offended by it representing the suceeding states or its symbolism adopted by the KKK afterwards?

Either way, keep in mind every single person on our currency was either a slave owner or an avowed white supremacist.

Its just the way it is, but ya'll already know this.

dirk4mvp
04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
This thread has been up for a day and mono hasn't posted the grove video? Let down imo.

Creepn
04-27-2012, 10:58 PM
The good old "I'm a traitor to the U.S.A." flag.

Truth.

That's EXACTLY what it is. You want to part from the union? You want to hate America you son of a bitch when you have American soldiers fighting for you or fought for you? Fuck you and leave. Supporting the confederacy is a slap to the face of those who died in the civil war to keep this nation together.

The confederate states of America was a illegal and should not be glorified. It's funny because the same white guys hating mexicans with their flags have no problems with the confederate flag.:rolleyes

CitizenDwayne
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Is it that hard to get a flag that doesn't offend a large segment of the population?

IWantsACuatro
04-28-2012, 03:18 AM
Truth.

That's EXACTLY what it is. You want to part from the union? You want to hate America you son of a bitch when you have American soldiers fighting for you or fought for you? Fuck you and leave. Supporting the confederacy is a slap to the face of those who died in the civil war to keep this nation together.

The confederate states of America was a illegal and should not be glorified. It's funny because the same white guys hating mexicans with their flags have no problems with the confederate flag.:rolleyes

Creepn..

you're def the most down to earth black dude on this forum. props.

but some people down south lost entire sides of their family back then fighting the war, and some of the time flying those colors is patronage to 'what could be' in regards to family. add up both sides of the casualties and it's by far the deadliest war in american history.

it's a sad, sad war no matter how you look at it. sometimes it's about respect.

it shouldn't have been fought in the first place. BOTH sides are to blame, but the deaths should not be in vain.

Trill Clinton
04-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Doesnt bother me at all. Like they said, I automatically assume the person with the flag is a hick.

Mr.Whipple
04-28-2012, 08:54 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Confederate-States-Party-Gag-Gift-Prank-Joke-Humor-Rebel-Flag-toilet-paper-/00/s/MTE3WDEyOA==/$(KGrHqZHJBUE63VVJyzwBO0Bg9cNbw~~60_35.JPG

Wild Cobra
04-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Doesnt bother me at all. Like they said, I automatically assume the person with the flag is a hick.
Ah yes...

Prejudice, bigotry, bias, etc.

Blake
04-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Ah yes...

more like if someone would prefer not to be operated on by a black surgeon

Agloco
04-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Ah yes...

That's rich coming from you.

resistanze
04-28-2012, 08:40 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/148p3wn.gif

jack sommerset
04-28-2012, 08:51 PM
It's sad. Gay used to be a happy word and they hijacked it and we can no longer use that word in a positive way. Cougar is being hijacked now. Another ten years and there will no longer be a team nick named cougar. And of course the rebel flag. Such a beautiful part of our history is now associated with racism. Very, very sad. God bless

mouse
04-29-2012, 12:18 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Confederate-States-Party-Gag-Gift-Prank-Joke-Humor-Rebel-Flag-toilet-paper-/00/s/MTE3WDEyOA==/$(KGrHqZHJBUE63VVJyzwBO0Bg9cNbw~~60_35.JPG

:lmao

mouse
04-29-2012, 12:31 AM
That's rich coming from you.

feel free at anytime to change your sig, we kinda know already you support radiation .

The fact is to you its nothing ore than a paycheck.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Tbh, they should make one like that with the American flag...
They'd make a killing in some other nations, and way too much from idiots here.

Vici
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
What proud heritage of the south? There is nothing proud about about being a slave owning traitor. This coming from a guy whose ancestors were some of the largest plantation owners in the south. There is nothing proud about what they did or who they were.

Trill Clinton
04-29-2012, 06:30 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/148p3wn.gif

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Trill Clinton
04-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Ah yes...

why did you quote my post? I wasn't the first to say it. Is it cuz I'm young, black, cute and hung?

Blake
04-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Traitor? Traitor? Traitor??? Slavery was around in the colonies before the U.S.A. even existed, tbh. The real traitors are the radical liberal (early communist, fwiw) fucktard progressives who came around in the mid-1800s with the intentions of denying half our country one of its age-old traditions, to be honest. Unfortunately, for some dipshit miracle, they got their way thanks to a horde of faggoty politicians who used abolition as an excuse to get their asses elected. The Articles of Confederation and Constitution each said nothing about slavery not being a constituent of this country. Moron.

lol tradition of slavery

IWantsACuatro
04-29-2012, 08:42 PM
TBH, no way other nations around the world would accept the Confederacy as a new nation unless they abolished slavery. Plus, with industrialization and new inventions, I doubt it would be practical much longer anyhow. Who knows what would have happened if the South would have won the war.

Jeff Leppard
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Flying the Confederate flag would be fine if not for the fact that the only people who do it are backwards ass, inbred, retarded, Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ haters and closet faggots. You know what's cool though? Wearing sleeveless shirts and nut huggin' shorts with the Union Jack on them.

Wild Cobra
04-30-2012, 02:35 AM
why did you quote my post? I wasn't the first to say it. Is it cuz I'm young, black, cute and hung?
You assume someone is a hick for just sporting a particular flag, and you don't understand that as a form of bias or prejudice?

You were the first person to use a word that is a prejudiced label... Hick...

Cute and hung? Any idea what that sounds like... That's creepy...