PDA

View Full Version : Is Frank's the best hot sauce ever?

tlongII
04-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Why yes, I think it is. :hungry:

Blake
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Cholula> Franks imo

CubanMustGo
04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
No.

/thread

cantthinkofanything
04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
I like the red pepper oil that they have at the Chinese restaurants.
I put some of that in a bowel and then squirt some of that hot sauce that has the rooster on the bottle. Which is good by itself also.

RaZon
04-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Wouldn't you have to have tried all the sauces ever?

Reck
04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I like the red pepper oil that they have at the Chinese restaurants.
I put some of that in a bowel and then squirt some of that hot sauce that has the rooster on the bottle. Which is good by itself also.

Nice.

That's the one I like also.

cantthinkofanything
04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Wouldn't you have to have tried all the sauces ever?

Ironic given your penchant for stupid rating lists.

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
No me gusta vinegar. Which pretty much ruins most hot sauces for me.

All hail Pico Pica.

cantthinkofanything
04-26-2012, 02:42 PM

All hail Pico Pica.

There's a douche joke there if someone wants it.

RaZon
04-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Ironic given your penchant for stupid rating lists.

You mean those lists where I know all the PR's/accomplishments/honors won?

Stick with stupid..ok?

baseline bum
04-26-2012, 02:44 PM

All hail Pico Pica.

http://www.elyucateco.com/imagenes/productos/salsas/verde.jpg

No shitty vinegar either, and goes great on pork and chicken.

cantthinkofanything
04-26-2012, 02:44 PM
You mean those lists where I know all the PR's/accomplishments/honors won?

No, I'm talking about the other 99% of your posts.

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I haven't been able to find El Yucateco in years. Sadly.

Reck
04-26-2012, 02:46 PM

All hail Pico Pica.

You must have some prime taste buds. I dont care for vinegar either but with all the ingredients that goes into prepping hot sauce, how can you taste the vinegar?

RaZon
04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
No, I'm talking about the other 99% of your posts.

Reptiles slick:rolleyes

JudynTX
04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Why yes, I think it is. :hungry:

Lately, my husband has poured this over everything he eats.

Don't even go there. :lol

Reck
04-26-2012, 02:52 PM

I've fallen into this category, sadly.

Cant eat without pouring hot sauce on anything I eat....that isn't sweeten obviously.

I have to snap out of this horrid habit.

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM
You must have some prime taste buds. I dont care for vinegar either but with all the ingredients that goes into prepping hot sauce, how can you taste the vinegar?

Ever looked at the ingredients? A lot of them are pretty much just garlic and chiles IN vinegar. It's a pretty major component. And an overpowering one.

Also, my hate for vinegar is pretty strong. Probably 90% of the flavors I don't like are because of some connection to vinegar.

RaZon
04-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Before I give an opinion I'll need far more experience with sauces. The best ever.....that's pretty high praise.

cantthinkofanything
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Ever looked at the ingredients? A lot of them are pretty much just garlic and chiles IN vinegar. It's a pretty major component. And an overpowering one.

Also, my hate for vinegar is pretty strong. Probably 90% of the flavors I don't like are because of some connection to vinegar.

I used to be the same way tbh. My mom would clean the coffee pot with vinegar and the smell would have me gagging. But over time, I've been able to separate pure vinegar from stuff that has it as a major ingredient. How deep does it go with you? Mustard, BBQ sauce?

manufan10
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM

That's hot!

cantthinkofanything
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Before I give an opinion I'll need far more experience with sauces. The best ever.....that's pretty high praise.

I haven't read all of the posts on SpursTalk but I can confidently say that you are the worst poster ever.

manufan10
04-26-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't like hot sauce, tbh. I do use BBQ sauce a lot though. :lol

Reck
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM

No, never bothered with what goes into it.

Now I'll probably begin tasting vinegar because of you. grrrrr

RaZon
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
I haven't read all of the posts on SpursTalk but I can confidently say that you are the worst poster ever.

I've been on a lot of boards amigo, you are by far the most fucked up poster Ive ever encountered. Not even close, that constant whine...damn!!!

Now get back on topic. Is Franks the best sauce ever? Now think idiot, can you know without having used ...................

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I used to be the same way tbh. My mom would clean the coffee pot with vinegar and the smell would have me gagging. But over time, I've been able to separate pure vinegar from stuff that has it as a major ingredient. How deep does it go with you? Mustard, BBQ sauce?

Mustard, vinegar-based BBQ sauces, pickles, anything that has been pickled, vinaigrettes, vinegar-based marinades, anything that has a snooty balsamic reduction, and on and on.

It's the acetic acid that does it. Anything acidic is problematic for me, really. It's the reason I also don't like tomatoes (unless they're slow cooked in a sauce or soup). And even though I like citrus, I'm very, VERY slightly allergic to citric acid (too many glasses of orange juice in a day and I've got an itchy throat, too many glasses of lemonade and I could get hives in my mouth, etc.).

Reck
04-26-2012, 03:06 PM
^Damn you're missing so much goods its sad.

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM

I'm not, though. With the exception of citric acid (which I do consume in small doses), it's not an allergy. So it's all stuff that I CAN eat, it's just a flavor I don't like. Sensitive buds, I guess.

cantthinkofanything
04-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Mustard, vinegar-based BBQ sauces, pickles, anything that has been pickled, vinaigrettes, vinegar-based marinades, anything that has a snooty balsamic reduction, and on and on.

It's the acetic acid that does it. Anything acidic is problematic for me, really. It's the reason I also don't like tomatoes (unless they're slow cooked in a sauce or soup). And even though I like citrus, I'm very, VERY slightly allergic to citric acid (too many glasses of orange juice in a day and I've got an itchy throat, too many glasses of lemonade and I could get hives in my mouth, etc.).

Wow. That's pretty severe. What do you do to replace the benefits? A good portion of those acidic foods you mentioned actually help regulate your body's ph level and make it more alkaline.

Fat boy
04-26-2012, 03:19 PM
http://www.incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/bacon-hot-sauce.jpg

Kai
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
I put some of that in a bowel and then squirt some of that hot sauce that has the rooster on the bottle.

cantthinkofanything
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM
^ LMAO. Ouch.

Blake
04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm not, though. With the exception of citric acid (which I do consume in small doses), it's not an allergy. So it's all stuff that I CAN eat, it's just a flavor I don't like. Sensitive buds, I guess.

mustard is very healthy to consume, tbh

leemajors
04-26-2012, 04:23 PM

esp with all those pickled fresh veggies out there right now. Pickled ramps, cornichons, green beans, radishes, I even had some awesome pickled beets last week.

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Wow. That's pretty severe. What do you do to replace the benefits? A good portion of those acidic foods you mentioned actually help regulate your body's ph level and make it more alkaline.

It's really limited to a flavor thing for me. Tomatoes, and vinegar, and things like that I don't like because they taste acidic. There's a specific bite/bitterness that I just don't like. But there are TONS of things I love, like meats and certain nuts, beans, grains, sugars, etc., that are acidic but are fatty or unctuous enough that they don't taste it. And there's also coffee, tea, booze, and sodas, all of which I drink way too much of.

It's my understanding, though, that most people these days have a diet that is far more acidic than it should be because all of the processed/refined foods we consume. Not sure how accurate that is, though. I'm far from a nutritionist or a strict health nut.

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 06:11 PM
esp with all those pickled fresh veggies out there right now. Pickled ramps, cornichons, green beans, radishes, I even had some awesome pickled beets last week.

Not a huge fan of the cornichons, but otherwise I'd much rather eat all of the above fresh, raw, and un-fucked with.

But that's how I've always been with fruits and vegetables. There are several cooked preparations that I like, of course. For instance, if you really just have to add bacon or butter or good oil to something I'm not going to waste too much time fighting you. But for the most part I've just never understood the need to alter something that tastes so good after just picking, rinsing, and (if you have to) peeling. Never been big on salad dressing as a result. Or understood the need to add sugar to strawberries. Or to turn plump, juicy grapes into sad little raisins. And so forth.

baseline bum
04-26-2012, 06:15 PM

I can taste strong vinegar flavor in stuff like Cholula and Tabasco; can't stand either.

baseline bum
04-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Then again, I love Sri-Racha, which contains vinegar. I never have noticed the vinegar in it the way I do with Cholula and Tabasco.

ohmwrecker
04-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Sriracha!

CuckingFunt
04-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Then again, I love Sri-Racha, which contains vinegar. I never have noticed the vinegar in it the way I do with Cholula and Tabasco.

I think it might just be a smaller portion of the finished sauce. I'm not one that needs to add it to absolutely everything I eat, but I also like Sriracha.

leemajors
04-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Not a huge fan of the cornichons, but otherwise I'd much rather eat all of the above fresh, raw, and un-fucked with.

But that's how I've always been with fruits and vegetables. There are several cooked preparations that I like, of course. For instance, if you really just have to add bacon or butter or good oil to something I'm not going to waste too much time fighting you. But for the most part I've just never understood the need to alter something that tastes so good after just picking, rinsing, and (if you have to) peeling. Never been big on salad dressing as a result. Or understood the need to add sugar to strawberries. Or to turn plump, juicy grapes into sad little raisins. And so forth.

pickling with just water, salt and or sugar produces much better results on fresh veggies imo.

ohmwrecker
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Also, it's pretty funny to say hot cock sauce.

DesignatedT
04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
no

baseline bum
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
I haven't been able to find El Yucateco in years. Sadly.

That sucks; after trying it I can't imagine not having it. I like it on my carnitas even more than I do making fresh arbol salsa.

ohmwrecker
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
no

yes

Sportcamper
04-29-2012, 05:57 PM
1-Trader Joes Jalapeno Pepper Sauce…
2- Sambal Oelek…”Ground Fresh Chili Pepper”…

http://www.huyfong.com/images/oelek.jpg

LMAO @ Franks & Cholula…I mean it may be OK for you crackers but in reality it is just Mexican catsup…

baseline bum
08-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Just tried the El Yucateco Kutbil-Ik, and it is significantly hotter than their green habanero salsa. Keeps my mouth hot for a good 5 minutes or so like I had just eaten an habanero raw.

http://heatintheheartland.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/El-Yucateco-Xxxtra-Hot.jpg

DMC
08-21-2012, 07:36 PM

Don't you ever douche?

Bill_Brasky
08-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Sriracha, valentina's, and chipotle tobasco are my top 3.

I fuckin love hot sauce.

symple19
08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't wanna die when I eat, so I go to this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9a/Charo_white_bg.jpg/200px-Charo_white_bg.jpg

Thanks Mexicans! :sombrero:

DMC
08-21-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't consider Frank's a "hot sauce" as much as just a sauce.

baseline bum
08-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Wow, Frank's is only 450 Scoville? That Kutbil-Ik is 11600. Thier green (8600) is pretty awesome too.

DMC
08-21-2012, 10:25 PM
I can drink Frank's out of the bottle, it's not hot. It's good though.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-21-2012, 10:26 PM
That Kutbil-Ik is 11600.
Pfffff. amateurs

Notorious H.O.P.
08-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I can drink Frank's out of the bottle, it's not hot. It's good though.

Agreed. I can go through almost half a bottle of Frank's or Louisiana Hot Sauce in one sitting. They may be low on the heat index but I'm just trying to add spice, not set my mouth on fire.

InRareForm
08-21-2012, 10:41 PM
white man shit tbh..

baseline bum
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Pfffff. amateurs

Suggestions for real be@ner hot sauce? (no racist)

lebomb
08-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Franks may be nowhere near the hottest, but it has the best flavor by far..........

Dr. Gonzo
08-23-2012, 10:40 AM
http://www.elyucateco.com/imagenes/productos/salsas/verde.jpg

No shitty vinegar either, and goes great on pork and chicken.

Troof!