PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to spurs fans giving Detroit some props tonight...

Pistons_In_7
06-22-2005, 01:14 AM
That speaks gallons about the fans in San Antonio, just like their team they are a class act. I know it stung like hell tonight just like it did for me the first two games because i knew they were a better team than what they were showing.

I think fatigue from the Heat series and battling Shaq had a lot to do with their performance and on only two days rest between series.

The way i see things the Pistons and Spurs could play 50 games and each team could possibly win 25 a piece.

Pistons < Spurs
06-22-2005, 01:45 AM
Agreed.

What I like is that you all tend to take it...as well as you all give it.

get your asses ready for game 7.

I don't know about all of you, but I don't know if my heart can take another game like this....

timvp
06-22-2005, 01:47 AM
The Pistons remind me so much of the 1999 Spurs team it's amazing. They have so much heart and such a will to win that they just look like they want it more most of the team.

I haven't had this much respect for an opponent since .... probably ever.

bdubya
06-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Seconded on the Hats-Off; seems like the trash-talkers are missing, but the ones who actually believe in their Spurs are manning (or womanning) up.

Damn; we all got us a Game Seven. What real basketball fan is gonna complain about THAT?

AI-square
06-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Damn; we all got us a Game Seven. What real basketball fan is gonna complain about THAT?

Precisely. I'm darn excited about Game 7.

The Pistons were amazing today. They did everything they could to win the game the right way. They took advantage of defensive matchups, took good care of the ball, took high percentage shots and played great defense. They showed great heart too.

As a neutral I don't really care much about who wins. I just wanna see good ball. And the past two games have been wonderful. Both teams have played like champions and it sucks that one has to lose. Kudos to Detroit, but hoop fans are the real winners today.

ReppinTheD
06-22-2005, 02:22 AM
I have to say thank you to all the classy Spurs fans as well. I was on the Piston's message board, and someone reffered me to this board. I let it drift to the back of my things to do, but I finally got a chance to visit. I have to say, it is one of the best message boards I have ever been on. The members are respectful, smart, and actually know something about basketball. This is why I am probably here to stay, and not to troll.

I never thought I would say this, but It won't bother me as much if the Spurs win Game 7. Of course, I will be a little dissapointed that my team did not win, but I will be happy that a team so great, like the Spurs beat us - instead of a team like the Heat. Both teams are strangely alike, with a defense first mentality, and both teams are tough, team oriented teams. This, I can respect.

So, best luck to both teams, and thank you Spurs fan's for being so respectful.

flame
06-22-2005, 02:38 AM
I love the pistons team. Theyre a bunch of classy SOBs. Of course you want your team to win it all - but yeah it just doesnt feel that bad losing to a solid team. I have to say I am really impressed with the Pistons - I didn't know Billups had such crazy game in him.

On the flipside I am HORRIBLY disappointed in the Spurs. If it wasnt for Horry pulling a gamewinner out of his ass this series would be over tonight. Quite frankly - I am ready to hand this trophy to the Pistons. Timmy, Parker, and Ginobili just haven't had good efficient games since the end of game 2.

And you know what? Pistons deserved it. They show way more heart than the spurs are showing, and skill and intelligence.

As long as game 7 is close like 6 and 5 I wont have ANY qualms with this series. If I get a good game...Ill take whatever fate gives us.

And dont worry - the a-holes will be back before game 7 (just in case you were missing them.....)

texbumTHElife
06-22-2005, 02:41 AM
I love the pistons team. Theyre a bunch of classy SOBs. Of course you want your team to win it all - but yeah it just doesnt feel that bad losing to a solid team. I have to say I am really impressed with the Pistons - I didn't know Billups had such crazy game in him.

On the flipside I am HORRIBLY disappointed in the Spurs. If it wasnt for Horry pulling a gamewinner out of his ass this series would be over tonight. Quite frankly - I am ready to hand this trophy to the Pistons. Timmy, Parker, and Ginobili just haven't had good efficient games since the end of game 2.

And you know what? Pistons deserved it. They show way more heart than the spurs are showing, and skill and intelligence.

As long as game 7 is close like 6 and 5 I wont have ANY qualms with this series. If I get a good game...Ill take whatever fate gives us.

And dont worry - the a-holes will be back before game 7 (just in case you were missing them.....)

That just about sums it up for me. The Pistons flat out deserve it more right now because they are working harder for it. It was obvious in this game the Spurs expect it to be handed to them.

RashoFan
06-22-2005, 04:19 AM
I recently saw interviews of several Piston Players....R. Wallace, Billups, Prince....
I did not hear any bashing,trashing,whining or crying about Timmy and the rest of the team. I heard (and saw) nothing but Respect for our Guys...now that is Class!!!
I remember seeing both teams shaking and hugging before tipoff in game 1...that was Classy as well!!!! Keep spreading The Love and The Class.....Fans and Players alike!!!!
And May the best team win Thursday!

AFE7FATMAN
06-22-2005, 05:25 AM
I don't know about the Pistons having class however, They are one great basketball team.

I also agree that they seem to want to win more than some of the spurs.

Not only do the Pistons get my R E S P E CT, but I remember a Quote from Larry Brown, about DRob when he was the coach for the Spurs that could well apply to
some of the current Spurs.

After a loss LB said "David just doesn't get it"

That said BRING IT ON."Game 7"

NoMoneyDown
06-22-2005, 06:47 AM
I agree with others ... This Pistons team is a bunch of hard-nosed, let-nothing-deter-us guys who know how to play as a team. They've definately earned my respect no matter what the outcome Thursday night.

DarkReign
06-22-2005, 08:04 AM
I have to say thank you to all the classy Spurs fans as well. I was on the Piston's message board, and someone reffered me to this board....

Was it in bold? That was me...heheheee

I was kinda down on the Stones for Game 5 (I thought they would lose that game before tipoff), but I knew they would at least show up last night.

BIG ups! to both teams. This series is awesome. I just wish I didnt have a personal stake in it because my nerves cant take it :)

NZHayden
06-22-2005, 08:13 AM
I don't know about all of you, but I don't know if my heart can take another game like this....

just a friendly tip. lower your colesterol intake, your heart will thank you later, and youll live alot longer too.

lol sorry man im just trying to be funny, it probably didnt work though

Pistons_In_7
06-22-2005, 08:46 AM
its spelled cholesterol.

NZHayden
06-22-2005, 08:49 AM
hmm ok thanks for that

Shelly
06-22-2005, 08:52 AM
I agree..The Pistons have let their game speak for itself. No whining in the press, etc. If they win, I will not hate the team.

Pistons_In_7
06-22-2005, 08:57 AM
If the spurs win i will only continue to hate Bowen, (dirty player) and Horry for obvious reasons. :)

NZHayden
06-22-2005, 09:02 AM
if the spurs lose to detriot i will understand why big ben was the dpoy, but still wont understand why hamilton still wears the mask ( although he does look alot more scary with it on )

Shelly
06-22-2005, 09:06 AM
if the spurs lose to detriot i will understand why big ben was the dpoy, but still wont understand why hamilton still wears the mask ( although he does look alot more scary with it on )

:lol He looked like he was ready to cry when the strap broke. He had the most worried look on his face.

Jimcs50
06-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Screw em!

They are the enemy right now.

On Friday, I will offer kind words of condolences or congratulations, but for now...I hate the bastards.

:)

spurster
06-22-2005, 09:12 AM
The Pistons played a clutch game. Their 3 pointers went in (the biggest diff in the game to me) while TD yipped at the FT line and Manu crashed at the end.