DesignatedT
04-26-2012, 10:49 PM
God those first 2 games SUCK time wise.

50 cent
04-26-2012, 10:51 PM
turrible

HarlemHo 37
I like the two days off between games 1 and 2. And I'm not surprised of the Sunday start time, probably the least desireable time slot.

timvp
That's a whole lot of rest in the beginning of the series, which is good news for Neal and anyone else who is banged up. The rest disappears as the series progresses so that's even more incentive to take care of things ASAP.

FromWayDowntown
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
That's a whole lot of rest in the beginning of the series, which is good news for Neal and anyone else who is banged up. The rest disappears as the series progresses so that's even more incentive to take care of things ASAP.

For any of the teams in the top half of the bracket, it sure looks like the best way to avoid a second-round back-to-back is to get the series done in 5. A move-up to May 12 or 13 pretty much means you have to be done by May 10; it's possible, I suppose, that the league could have a very quick turnaround into Round 2 and let that start on May 13 if the two teams that advance each win by May 11, but I think that's pressing your luck.

And I still think the only way to avoid a back-to-back in Round 2 is to start before May 14.

DesignatedT
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
6:00 start on Wednesday sucks ass also. People wont even be able to get down their in time from work. Fucking retarded ass schedule. fml

justinandimcool
04-26-2012, 10:57 PM
i love this for the Spurs. just take care of fucking business at noon (the odds tip against our favor slightly, but we should still win). that sets the stage for a sweep with all that rest.

and all the times fit my class/work schedule :king

Buddy Holly
Spurs drop game 1 due to noon game, rebound in game 2. See if we can maybe steal one back on the road this time around.

We're not losing the first game. Get off the pipe.

Keepin' it real
Favorable schedule for the Spurs, other than the noon start for game 1. I don't see what all the groaning is about.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2012, 01:41 AM
The Spurs have lost that first noon game at least twice on the way to a championship I think.

timtonymanu
04-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Well at least I can catch all the games this series.

Hopefully the Spurs end this series early and get themselves more rest for the 2nd round.

J.T.
04-27-2012, 02:08 AM
And I still think the only way to avoid a back-to-back in Round 2 is to start before May 14.

The NBA is doing b2b's in the playoffs this year? Or are you saying we can't avoid a scenario in which the final game of round 1 and Game 1 of round 2 would create a b2b if this series goes too long?

therealtruth
04-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Hopefully the big 3 don't come out rusty. They wouldn't have played in almost a week.

SpursIndonesia
04-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Game 3 - Sat May 5 SA @UT, 10 PM TNT, can anybody translate it into GMT so i can predict whether that game will be aired live in my country, please ?

Robz4000
04-27-2012, 03:30 AM
The NBA is doing b2b's in the playoffs this year? Or are you saying we can't avoid a scenario in which the final game of round 1 and Game 1 of round 2 would create a b2b if this series goes too long?
Stern announced the other night that there will be "possible" b2bs. It was mentioned before the season started but wasn't official.

Legacy
04-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Thanks for posting. I iz very excited. :hungry:

Fireball
04-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Too much rest for the Big Three, early start first game ... I do not like that. But a lot of rest if the Spurs can beat the Jazz swiftly.

Go Spurs Go

polandprzem
04-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Good that I can watch the game1 on normal time

:p

:elephant

polandprzem
04-27-2012, 04:35 AM
btw. I don't know if the spurs will be able to get into good rhythm b4 game 5

Hopefully spurs will sweep thosse jazz and I'm also optimistic about it

Bambililos
04-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Good that I can watch the game1 on normal time

:p

:elephant
Exactly :)

jhfenton
04-27-2012, 05:59 AM
I just need to figure out how to watch the games on TNT. We ditched our cable midseason. We still have streaming ESPN, but no TNT.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-27-2012, 07:07 AM
6:00 start on Wednesday sucks ass also. People wont even be able to get down their in time from work. Fucking retarded ass schedule. fml

Yeah, I'm going to have to eat arena food instead of making a stop on the way for game #2.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-27-2012, 07:10 AM

No. If the first round series stretches all the way out, there WILL be a b2b in round two. That was announced when the regular season schedule was released.

TJastal
04-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I'm going to have to eat arena food instead of making a stop on the way for game #2.

Gosh, life's tough sometimes.

Dunc n Dave
04-27-2012, 07:19 AM
I just need to figure out how to watch the games on TNT. We ditched our cable midseason. We still have streaming ESPN, but no TNT.

yesterday during teh GS game, they said all the games will be aired on Fox Sports SW EXCEPT games that are on ABC. Not sure if they forgot to include TNT in that, but that might be an option for you if you can stream their broadcast... or watch the game from the "firstrow" :D

Halberto
04-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Can anyone explain to me why playing at noon is such a disadvantage to the Spurs?

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2012, 07:34 AM
Can anyone explain to me why playing at noon is such a disadvantage to the Spurs?

Whether there are numbers to back it up or not, there seems to be a long history of poor games when start times are early in the day during the Duncan era. It's hard to remember the last time that the Spurs played really well in an early afternoon start.

jhfenton
04-27-2012, 07:45 AM
yesterday during teh GS game, they said all the games will be aired on Fox Sports SW EXCEPT games that are on ABC. Not sure if they forgot to include TNT in that, but that might be an option for you if you can stream their broadcast... or watch the game from the "firstrow" :D
Thanks. I'll see what "Firstrow" options are available. :toast

It may be moot. The Wednesday game is early enough that my son and I can find a place showing the game. I'll just have to ask them to switch one of the TVs from the Reds v. Cubs. (I live in Cincinnati now.) Saturday night, I'll be in bed by 10:00 pm ET anyway. I'm leading a pace group in our marathon the next morning, and I'll need to be up by 4:00 a.m.

I'm going to miss having the LP BB archives to watch for those late games, though.

John

Keepin' it real
04-27-2012, 07:53 AM

It's not a disadvantage. Spurstalkers just need something to whine about. And when there's nothing to whine about, they'll make something up.

justinandimcool
04-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Whether there are numbers to back it up or not, there seems to be a long history of poor games when start times are early in the day during the Duncan era. It's hard to remember the last time that the Spurs played really well in an early afternoon start.

2008 game 1 we played extremely well, IMO making the fear irrational.

We were a hair away from winning last year's game 1. Maybe we like noon games and it's just different when RJ's around.

703 Spurz
04-27-2012, 08:04 AM
San Antonio vs. Utah

Game 1 - Sun April 29, Utah at San Antonio, 1:00PM ET, ESPN
Game 2 - Wed May 2, Utah at San Antonio, 7:00PM, TNT
Game 3 - Sat May 5, San Antonio at Utah, 10:00PM, TNT
Game 4 - Mon May 7, San Antonio at Utah, TBD
Game 5 * Wed May 9, Utah at San Antonio, TBD
Game 6 * Fri May 11, San Antonio at Utah, TBD
Game 7 * Sun May 13, Utah at San Antonio, TBD

1 p.m. EDT to the Jazz is 11 a.m. in their time zone right?

703 Spurz
04-27-2012, 08:05 AM

People work in San Antonio during the playoffs? Why? :lol

pookenstein
04-27-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm a little disappointed that we don't have a b2b2b to start the playoffs. Would be nice to go up 3-0 really fast...

emanueldavidginobili
04-27-2012, 08:30 AM
I dont think the time is going to affect this years team...their professional athletes they have played hundreds of games throughout their lifes even before 1...I think we go out there and take care of business quick, Sweep/5

hater
04-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Noon? LMAO

so the players have to be at the arena at 9am? wake up at 7am?

really shitty, everyone knows human body is most productive in afternoon/evening

Jimcs50
04-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Bite me! I live out of SA so I can only go to games if they are on Friday or Sat, and it looks like there are no games this round that I can even attend, so stop whinning.

:p:

VBM
04-27-2012, 10:29 AM

Lol...it's like Fiesta 2.0 during a Spurs playoff run. Nobody works on game days in SA.

Dex
04-27-2012, 10:35 AM

Exactly. Spurs just never seem to look quite the same during day games. I attribute it to a few of things:

1) Breaks the routine - Most players have a very specific routine to approaching games (meals, pre-game naps, practice and shootaround, etc). When you play 90% of your games in the evening, it's pretty easy for that other 10% to seem very out of the ordinary.

2) Early start - Most people hate getting up early, and aren't as productive when they are tired. I'm sure the same goes for players.

3) Crowd isn't into it - What goes for the players, also goes for the crowd. People aren't as rowdy for noon starts. The beer doesn't flow quite as quickly. Those coming in from out of town have to get up early and drive in. People usually aren't settled and really into the game until mid-1st to 2nd quarter. And those with evening plans are more apt to leave early, especially if things aren't going well.

4) National attention - Early games, typically, are national broadcasts. Maybe it's just fan perception, but the Spurs seem to have a tendency to lay eggs for ABC.

SpursWench21
04-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Game 3 - Sat May 5 SA @UT, 10 PM TNT, can anybody translate it into GMT so i can predict whether that game will be aired live in my country, please ?

EST = GMT-5

10 pm EST = 3 am GMT

GO Spurs GO!:lobt2:

quentin_compson
04-27-2012, 10:39 AM
A sweep seems possible, especially given how hot the Spurs have been for quite some time now. If they continue playing like that, then this series will be over quick. Still, I wouldn't take for granted that guys like Green (first playoffs where he will actually play) and Leonard (rookie) just transfer their RS game to the playoffs. It might happen, of course, but you never know.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

EVAY
04-27-2012, 10:55 AM

Duncan always said that he hated playing in mid-day games (and his play often reflected that hatred) because it messed up his body clock. He normally naps around that time on game days, so his body is wanting to slow down, not rev up during that time.

He made a real point of it in several seasons.

Spurs have lost the opening playoff game more frequently than people like to remember.

So the question is: what are the Spurs going to do to prepare themselves to NOT lose this opener. The big three have plenty of rest time. The problem with mid-day games is well known. The propensity for 'not being ready' for the first playoff game is well known.

...So if they do it again this season, there is no good reason for it.

Tim et.al. should be changing their body schedules starting yesterday to accommodate the change.

And they should WIN!!

timvp
04-27-2012, 10:58 AM
It'd be really interesting too see a history of the Spurs playing at noon in the Duncan Era. I'd guess the Spurs are about .500.

EVAY
04-27-2012, 11:01 AM

Utah is on mountain time, which is two hours behind Eastern time, U.S. But the given times are all Eastern time, so your actual question is how far behind GMT is New York? And that is 5 hours.

T Park
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
With the amount of rest between games 1 and 2 and 2 ad 3, Duncan could be a monster those first three games.

said7
04-27-2012, 11:13 AM
bitch,moan,bitch,moan,bitch,moan,bitch,moan,bitch, moan,bitch,moan,bitch,moan,

EVAY
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM
bitch,moan,bitch,moan,bitch,moan,bitch,moan,bitch, moan,bitch,moan,bitch,moan,

:lol:lol

Well, at least there is some variety!!

TimmehC
04-27-2012, 11:30 AM
4PM west coast time on Wed. sucks for me, but it shouldn't affect the team too much.

SpursIndonesia
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
EST = GMT-5

10 pm EST = 3 am GMT

GO Spurs GO!:lobt2:

Utah is on mountain time, which is two hours behind Eastern time, U.S. But the given times are all Eastern time, so your actual question is how far behind GMT is New York? And that is 5 hours.

Thx fellas, so it's about 10 AM Jakarta time then, we're 7 hours ahead of GMT. I think it stands a chance for live broadcasting here, since usually we get NBA game around 09-10 AM in the morning, in Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (which is Fri, Sat, and Sun night in USA).

Regards. :toast

:lobt:

BlairForceDejuan
04-27-2012, 12:15 PM
lol listen to some of yall...

12 noon game waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Get a hold of yourselves and go buy a fricken broom.

TampaDude
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
lol listen to some of yall...

12 noon game waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Get a hold of yourselves and go buy a fricken broom.

:lol :toast

justinandimcool
04-27-2012, 01:36 PM
the last time Timmy scored 40 points? it was a noon game mothafuckas

(might've been 2:30, but whatever)

Legacy
04-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I know I'm just a brand new scrub/worthless GNSF and all. But yeah... I have to agree about the excess nit-picking and moaning on these boards. I just read the posts, process, and hope that the next post isn't as "whiny-baby" sounding. If it is, skip to the next one, etc. Don't get we wrong, I can bitch and moan with the best of 'em.... but with the way we've been on fire lately?? Eh, I think I'll pass.

:whine