PDA

View Full Version : Church of Mills

tomtom
04-27-2012, 12:01 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E1QiUl9HiFw/TTZ3blK6cQI/AAAAAAAAAec/TWMHDbpECd4/s1600/praise-god.jpg

Is now open :bking

gospursgojas
04-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Said this in the game blog....

If this was NY, ESPN would be declaring Millsanity. I dont see the difference. Lin got hot for a couple of games out of nowhere.

jestersmash
04-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Said this in the game blog....

If this was NY, ESPN would be declaring Millsanity. I dont see the difference. Lin got hot for a couple of games out of nowhere.

Your blind if you don't see the difference between a legitimate regular season game and a blatant tank game :lmao

Nobody gives a shit about this game. The best case scenario for Mills is that a couple of scouts caught a glimpse of his shooting range, ball handling skills, and 1 on 1 play.

This was a summer league game. Why would the national media give a shit about it?

mikekim
04-27-2012, 12:10 AM
lol. "Millsanity."

Dex
04-27-2012, 12:10 AM
34 and 12 assists on 14-25 shooting. :wow

Now if the dude could just learn how to throw a gottamn pass into the post, he could be a premiere point guard in this league.

Sec24Row7
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Mills needs to get 25 shots a game in the playoffs... winning strategy...

:lmao

DMC
04-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Mills is a chucker, plain and simple. He made some decent passes but he also made some boneheaded passes.

Do not use these end of season games to judge Mills.

Two10Whitey
04-27-2012, 12:31 AM
I like his passing more than Gary Neal's as a PG. Neal doesn't need to be our backup PG, Patty Mills does. Let Gary go back to being a backup SG.

spursfanincolorado
04-27-2012, 12:34 AM
He definitely isnt a sharp shooter, he is a volume shooter, a la Kobe, etc.

I like him - he isn't an elite pg by any means, but he does a fine job against scrub teams.

Manu-20
04-27-2012, 12:51 AM
I like his passing more than Gary Neal's as a PG. Neal doesn't need to be our backup PG, Patty Mills does. Let Gary go back to being a backup SG.
No disagree with everything if mills is our back up pg there won't be any playing time for Neal or it will take vaubel playing time from or other wing players. Looking at both players neal is the better option he knows the system better,has better chemistrey, and lets not forget he is clutch. Finally I would say your overatting mills as our back up option at point and his passing isn't that much better than neals.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-27-2012, 01:03 AM
This is only open to Australian residents

The rest of you can get off at redfern :smokin

Blue Duck
04-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Here's the thing. Point guards are special. An above average point guard is likely more skilled all around than an all star big man. Gary Neal is a great 2 guard/ terrific scorer. He will never have point guard skills. Combos who can make the transition seamlessly, like manu, are a rare breed. Saddling Neal with point guard duties limits his effectiveness in this offense. His mindset is that of a scorer and that's all we need him to be. There is room/minutes for both Neal and mills in the playoffs and this theory that the bench must be shortened now is ridiculous. I say buck the trend. How can another team possibly game plan effectively when you just keep coming I. Waves? Let's face it, Manu and Timmy won't need to play extended minutes until the later rounds. Mills is good and getting better and during these playoffs the team will finally get some practice time. Bring everone along that you can, this whole team is special top to bottom.

MI21
04-27-2012, 01:20 AM
This is only open to Australian residents

The rest of you can get off at redfern :smokin

:lol

Patty has pretty much guaranteed himself an NBA gig with these last 2 performances. People will see those numbers, see his ability to play in a Spurs system as well and they will take notice.

Bruno
04-27-2012, 01:40 AM
If Spurs beat Utah and if Clippers beat Memphis, Spurs will need Mills. Neal will struggle against the quickness of Clippers backcourt with Paul, Mo Williams and Bledsoe. It's a very good news that Mills is playing well because he might play a relatively big role at one point of these playoffs.

crc21209
04-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Mills can light it up with the best of them, and it just might come in handy at some point during the Playoffs. Just another weapon to add to the Spurs arsenal...

Obstructed_View
04-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Didn't Garrett Temple look really good in the garbage games last season?

slick'81
04-27-2012, 01:52 AM
motherfucker can score.

Richie
04-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Looking at an interview he did in 2009 with NBADraft.net, some very interesting comments

Many scouts say that in order to make it in the NBA, you have to have at least one skill that's transferable to the next level that can make you successful. What would that be for you?
Decision making in the paint... I like to get to the rim, but there are times when you get there and you don't have the option to finish, where you have to retreat or work off two feat, there are many options... so I've been watching a lot of Tony Parker, Aaron Brooks and Chris Paul... watching what they do in those situations. Because that's my main skill for sure, getting into the paint.

Which player do you compare yourself to now?
Tony Parker is someone I've had a close eye on for a while. My game is similar to his game, the way he uses his speed, pick and rolls, his decision making in the paint... leadership.

http://www.nbadraft.net/patrick-mills-interview

intlspurshk
04-27-2012, 05:39 AM
SPURS should sign a passing PG instead. They should run more pick-and-roll with Tiago.

howbouthemspurs
04-27-2012, 05:47 AM
Ill buy into millsanity! Hes the perfect back up for Tony!

boutons_deux
04-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Patty's gonna be our 2012 version of Speedy Claxton 2003. (not that Tony's gonna fade in 4th qtr of a Game7 again)

AusSpursFan
04-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Definitely our best backup pg now that TJ has retired. Neal's attempts at pg slow the offence and I think on just about every game I have watched lately resulted in a reduction of our lead. Neal is an excellent shooter, but is not suited to pg. Patty's passes may be inconsistent, but he definitely offers a better chemistry and flow to our offence.

bigfan
04-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Have to say the obvious; we found our second PG.

Drachen
04-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Didn't Garrett Temple look really good in the garbage games last season?

He looked very very good in NON garbage games last season. Then he just went away.

703 Spurz
04-27-2012, 08:08 AM
He definitely isnt a sharp shooter, he is a volume shooter, a la Kobe, etc.

I like him - he isn't an elite pg by any means, but he does a fine job against scrub teams.

Patty Mills isn't an elite PG at age 23 and not much experience? No fucking way

hater
04-27-2012, 08:13 AM
his D is already as good or better than Parkers.

His ballhandling is arguably also as good or better. Perfect fit for a backup PG. I think he was chuking cause those were the instructions from coaches. "you are parker tonight, go out there and shoot that shit"

oh and cause Pop was 2000 miles away

fraga
04-27-2012, 09:54 AM
He's showing some major promise...

tp2021
04-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Looking at an interview he did in 2009 with NBADraft.net, some very interesting comments

Many scouts say that in order to make it in the NBA, you have to have at least one skill that's transferable to the next level that can make you successful. What would that be for you?
Decision making in the paint... I like to get to the rim, but there are times when you get there and you don't have the option to finish, where you have to retreat or work off two feat, there are many options... so I've been watching a lot of Tony Parker, Aaron Brooks and Chris Paul... watching what they do in those situations. Because that's my main skill for sure, getting into the paint.

Which player do you compare yourself to now?
Tony Parker is someone I've had a close eye on for a while. My game is similar to his game, the way he uses his speed, pick and rolls, his decision making in the paint... leadership.

http://www.nbadraft.net/patrick-mills-interview

Mills after the Golden State game:

Chances don't come up very often where you send your three big dogs back to San Antonio. I was very pumped to have this opportunity. I felt very comfortable to just slide in there and take it on with both hands.

Looks like he's got a little Gary Neal in him.

If he can stroke it like Gary and penetrate like Tony, he'll be quite a wonder from down under.

Manu-20
04-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Mills after the Golden State game:

Looks like he's got a little Gary Neal in him.

If he can stroke it like Gary and penetrate like Tony, he'll be quite a wonder from down under.
That's a pretty catchy nickname for patty im going to start using that.

spursfanincolorado
04-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Patty Mills isn't an elite PG at age 23 and not much experience? No fucking way

Not sure about the experience. Never mentioned that. I guess with him playing overseas and a stint at Portland I'd say he has some...

Were you meaning to quote me?

GSH
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM
The Spurs' bench has kicked ass for the entire season. They are one of the team's biggest assets. They play together well, and they can put up a bunch of points. Nobody is concerned about adding a guy who shoots every time he sees the rim? If nothing else, what happens when he's cold?

I like the guy, and I love the fact that he can put up points like crazy. But there are definitely some concerns about any high volume shooter. Not to mention a high volume shooter on the second team. And especially on a second team that was a scoring monster without him.

You gotta at least consider that.

ace3g
04-27-2012, 12:16 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1053690/20120426_pjc_se9_400_extra_large.jpg