PDA

View Full Version : sons the NBA says "best player on best team wins MVP" ONLY when its in their favor

BRHornet45
04-27-2012, 12:39 AM
sons it is becoming more pathetic and ridiculous year by year how the NBA and the sports media continues to change their tune on how they decide which player wins the atrocity that is the NBA MVP award.

Over the last several years all we have heard about is how "the best player on the best team each season should win the MVP award", but then for the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons the media suddenly changed their tune. In 06-07 they fell in love with the thought of a white player (Steve Nash) winning back to back MVP awards despite the fact that both LeBron and Dirk were the better players that year he won his second award. Then the very next season in 07-08 they again changed their tune and decided to campaign for Kobe Bryant to win it as a lifetime achievement award even though Chris Paul was head and shoulders better than him that season. Now in the last three seasons they have gone back to the ridiculous system of the best player on the best team wins whenever NONE of the last three winners were the most deserving of the award ...

Howard should have won over Rose last season

Durant should have won over LeBron in 09-10

Wade should have won over LeBron in 08-09

The bottom line is that the NBA is constantly changing their way of determining who wins this joke of an award so that it will benefit the league financially rather than awarding the most deserving player. Now this season it appears that again they and the rest of the sports media are changing their tune away from "the best player on the best team wins" ONLY because both San Antonio and Oklahoma City are smaller market teams with players who aren't as marketable for them AND because Rose missed a significant amount of games for Chicago. The sports media has already received their script and are beginning to campaign for LeBron to win the MVP this season despite the fact that Miami has only the 4th best record in the NBA.

Killakobe81
04-27-2012, 12:05 PM
sons it is becoming more pathetic and ridiculous year by year how the NBA and the sports media continues to change their tune on how they decide which player wins the atrocity that is the NBA MVP award.

Over the last several years all we have heard about is how "the best player on the best team each season should win the MVP award", but then for the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons the media suddenly changed their tune. In 06-07 they fell in love with the thought of a white player (Steve Nash) winning back to back MVP awards despite the fact that both LeBron and Dirk were the better players that year he won his second award. Then the very next season in 07-08 they again changed their tune and decided to campaign for Kobe Bryant to win it as a lifetime achievement award even though Chris Paul was head and shoulders better than him that season. Now in the last three seasons they have gone back to the ridiculous system of the best player on the best team wins whenever NONE of the last three winners were the most deserving of the award ...

Howard should have won over Rose last season

Durant should have won over LeBron in 09-10

Wade should have won over LeBron in 08-09

The bottom line is that the NBA is constantly changing their way of determining who wins this joke of an award so that it will benefit the league financially rather than awarding the most deserving player. Now this season it appears that again they and the rest of the sports media are changing their tune away from "the best player on the best team wins" ONLY because both San Antonio and Oklahoma City are smaller market teams with players who aren't as marketable for them AND because Rose missed a significant amount of games for Chicago. The sports media has already received their script and are beginning to campaign for LeBron to win the MVP this season despite the fact that Miami has only the 4th best record in the NBA.

Kobe, myself and others have made the same argument more or less. It's a bullshit media award that lost meaning when they stopped giving it to MJ. I agree Kobe's, Nash, Rose, AI even one of Lebron's have all been "iffy" and when they stopped giving them to Mj (too soon he shouldnt of won them every year) I knew the award now meant little.

Good news is, Lebron will most likely get it this year and is deserving but I will not make any great bruhaha if Durant wins. It would just further valiate how meaningless the award has become ... in fact, I HOPE Durant does win. Maybe the NBA would provide better guidelines for the award for the dumbass media ...

JamStone
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Son, so if you had a vote, would you cast it for Tony Parker?

TDMVPDPOY
04-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Son, so if you had a vote, would you cast it for Tony Parker?

you know what i dont get

fkn morons who think cp3 should be in the discussion ahead of parker for no apparent reason, when parker has destroyed that clown in the h2h matches this seasons....

with or without a stacked team he hasnt done much for the clippers..

Venti Quattro
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Sqc6i.gif

VBM
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
you know what i dont get

fkn morons who think cp3 should be in the discussion ahead of parker for no apparent reason, when parker has destroyed that clown in the h2h matches this seasons....

Paul has an argument. It's the Kevin Love inclusion that's mind-boggling.

TDMVPDPOY
04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Paul has an argument. It's the Kevin Love inclusion that's mind-boggling.

dunno man,

tp9 has outplayed every star pg h2h this season...

The_Worlds_finest
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
The only awards I care about are coach and execs of the year...oh and the Championship!!

jeebus
04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
son finals MVP is more important. I'm sure past MVP winners who've never won a 'ship would probably turn them all over to get a ring and finals MVP.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Son, Eric Gordon should win this year's MVP

z0sa
04-27-2012, 02:32 PM
MVP is the most popular player with the best stats. If that popular player wins it a couple times in a row then the unspoken law is to give it to someone else. There are a few exceptions but for the most part, in general, that's how it works.

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
son, you're normally ok, but lbj deserved every one of his mvps, including this one.

The_Worlds_finest
04-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Son and Sons, "best player on best team" Kevin Love... far and away.

fevertrees
04-27-2012, 04:13 PM
The MediaVP doesn't matter now...it's all about the FINALS MVP trophy IMHO.

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Son and Sons, "best player on best team" Kevin Love... far and away.

i'd argue Rubio was more important for the T'Wolves. Look what happened when Kobe so callously ended his season.

Killakobe81
04-27-2012, 04:24 PM
The Parker case is an interesting one. He has been the best player on the second best team. CP3 is the best player on a team that did not even win it's division and is is what 8+ games back in the loss column (too lazy to look up). Before you flame me, if you base it on recent trends: best player on one of the top teams, a career breakout or for carrying an injured team to a better than expected record ... Parker has a case. Is he better than Paul? No. But based on the recent trends in voting he SHOULD finish higher than Paul ... but he won't. Again, bullshit media award that keeps changing based on whom the media has "annointed" ... the argument will be that Paul changed the Clips culture ...even though Blake started the movement last year ...