PDA

View Full Version : Bench Nazr!!

ata
06-22-2005, 02:07 AM
What have he done since in this series? He is owned by Pistons. He putted some good stat in Game 1 and 2, but as we have seen, Pistons weren't really playing in first two games.
I don't give a shit for his rebound, that is all what he has to show. He camps under the basket and wait for balls, big deal.
Rasho is way way better defensevely against the Pistons and his rule in offense is significant as he box-out Ben and make place for driving layups. Put Rasho in, and suddenly we won't have to shot so many threes and also FG% from TP and Manu will be higher.

I appreciate what Nazr did in PO, but in the finals, he is our weakest starer. I don't care how big he will be next year! For me, he can became Wilt-Russel-Robinson combo if he wants. I want title this year! This is no time to teach Nazr how to play. If Beno is benched (he could still contribute something in first half), why the fuck is Nazr still playing?

PS: I will not watch Game 7 live! No way. I watched G3 (-17), been on Slovenian GTG for G4 (-31) and watched G6 (-9). If this helps, I am ready to contribute (and get some sleep).

timvp
06-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Nazr sucks but what are you going to do? It's too late now.

You gotta hope it doesn't come down to him.

T Park
06-22-2005, 02:09 AM
BTW.

Who should start instead of him, Rasho? Uhhhhh ok.

T Park
06-22-2005, 02:10 AM
Nazr sucks

he jumped off that bandwagon quicker than I.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 02:10 AM
I'd start Massenburg. Dude is hungry to play and doesn't take shit from anyone.

But like Timvp said. It's too late. One more game left, you can't fuck with the line up.

ata
06-22-2005, 02:15 AM

But like Timvp said. It's too late. One more game left, you can't fuck with the line up.

Why not? What we have to lose? Keeping Nazr in means no layups for our outside players, no fouls for Ben and a lot of point from the paint for Pistons.
If we kepp Nazr in, we can kiss title goodby! So why shouldn't Pop make some changes?
He already changed rotation in G5 (benched Beno)!

timvp
06-22-2005, 02:16 AM
he jumped off that bandwagon quicker than I.

Has he not sucked since Game 1? Some players are built to perform in these types of situations.

Nazr isn't.

goliath
06-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Only viable alternative would be Horry IMO

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 02:20 AM

Mass?!?!?!!?

What the....???

That would be giving up right there. Dont change it! This system brought SA to game 7 of the NBA Finals!!!!!!

We are not down 3-0 in the 1st round. This is the big show!!!!!!!

Go Spurs!!!!!!!!!!

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 02:20 AM
Why not? What we have to lose?\\AN NBA fucking CHAMPIONSHIP.//

That's what.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Mass?!?!?!!?

What the....???

That would be giving up right there. Dont change it! This system brought SA to game 7 of the NBA Finals!!!!!!

We are not down 3-0 in the 1st round. This is the big show!!!!!!!

Go Spurs!!!!!!!!!!

I'd start him if this was 3-2 and Detroit had just won their second game.

With Nazr being slower than that 95 year old Asian guy who ran the 100 Meter in 25 seconds, I think Massenburg would be the spark the Spurs need at the C/PF spot. He'd body up Ben Wallace and not get his shit knocked back to him on offense.

But you don't change anything in the last game of the 2004-2005 season.

ata
06-22-2005, 02:22 AM
\\A NBA fucking CHAMPIONSHIP.

That's what.
We are already losing it with Nazr playing!

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 02:24 AM

We ain't losing shit STFU and go post at InsideHoops or something.

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 02:25 AM

No, we won 3 games against the defending champs who happen to have the best defensive frontline. Its still 3-3 in the NBA Finals! Am I the only one that still has faith in this Spurs team????

ata
06-22-2005, 02:28 AM
No, we won 3 games against the defending champs who happen to have the best defensive frontline. Its still 3-3 in the NBA Finals! Am I the only one that still has faith in this Spurs team????
I have faith in the team, no problem with that. Only that in the team we have players on the bench that can contribute more as Nazr does!

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 02:32 AM
Only that in the team we have players on the bench that can contribute more as Nazr does!

We are one win away from a championship with Nazr starting the entire playoffs!

texbumTHElife
06-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Just a question but what is it that Tim Duncan has done to seperate himself from Nazr or any other big? Nazr aint the only one stinking it up!

Weak ass lay ups instead of Dunk?
Check.
Pump fakes and weak ass post moves instead of powerful decisive moves? Check.
Tipping rebounds to the other team instead of grabbing them with two hands? Check.

This series is SQUARELY on the shoulders of Tim Duncan. As of right now, I think thie outcome of this series will define his legacy. He will either show he can nut up and be strong when it matters most..... Or sink into that shell of his and forever be remembered for it.

ata
06-22-2005, 02:39 AM
We are one win away from a championship with Nazr starting the entire playoffs!
True!
Is that because of Nazr only?
G1 and G2 Pistons were lost, I don't know why, but Nazr had nothing to do with it. Since than Pistons are playing very good ball, and if there were no Horry in G5, title would be already gone. You can't play agains defending champion with 4 1/2 players!
Yes, he played good enough against Denver, Seattle and Suns, and I appreciate that. He just sucks against Pistons! He is no match for Wallaces!
I would be glad if we could sign him this summer, he is a good player, he just haven't done anythig in finals, that is!

ata
06-22-2005, 02:41 AM
Just a question but what is it that Tim Duncan has done to seperate himself from Nazr or any other big? Nazr aint the only one stinking it up!

Weak ass lay ups instead of Dunk?
Check.
Pump fakes and weak ass post moves instead of powerful decisive moves? Check.
Tipping rebounds to the other team instead of grabbing them with two hands? Check.

This series is SQUARELY on the shoulders of Tim Duncan. As of right now, I think thie outcome of this series will define his legacy. He will either show he can nut up and be strong when it matters most..... Or sink into that shell of his and forever be remembered for it.
Don't you think that Tim could do better with Rasho along side him? How exactly Nazr helps Duncan? Is he able to box-out Ben?

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 02:43 AM
True!
Is that because of Nazr only?
G1 and G2 Pistons were lost, I don't know why, but Nazr had nothing to do with it. Since than Pistons are playing very good ball, and if there were no Horry in G5, title would be already gone. You can't play agains defending champion with 4 1/2 players!
Yes, he played good enough against Denver, Seattle and Suns, and I appreciate that. He just sucks against Pistons! He is no match for Wallaces!
I would be glad if we could sign him this summer, he is a good player, he just haven't done anythig in finals, that is!

No, I am not saying its because if Nazr. Thats not what I meant. What I meant was, that the Spurs got to where they are doing what they did. Its too late to go dicking around with the system that brought you to the big dance. If you do, to me, it seems like you have already given up. They need to keep playing Spurs ball to win. I think that is why they lost game 6, they didnt play Spurs ball. Too many 3s, bad D, etc. They need to keep doing what brought them to the cusp of a title!

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 02:44 AM
BTW, is cusp the right word in that situation??

Edit: I have 2,000 posts!!!!!!! :elephant :elephant :elephant :spin :spin :spin

whottt
06-22-2005, 02:47 AM
Start Rasho in a game 7 of the NBA finals after he has iced on the bench for the last 2 games?

Rasho is a hell of a lot better defender than Nazr...but that's asking a lot of him.

I think he could do it...I think Rasho has a demeanor that let's him handle pressure well...and our D dominated the Pistons O when Rasho was starting against them.

Slomo
06-22-2005, 04:43 AM
BTW.

Who should start instead of him, Rasho? Uhhhhh ok. Read the original post and come back with a response to the facts in it or shut the fuck up!

TPark you are turning into the drama queen of this board and it's not pretty to watch!

RashoFan
06-22-2005, 05:18 AM
Rasho in the starting lineup....I would love to see it!!!
Rasho coming off the bench and bringing his D....Definetly!!!!
Bottom line...PUT RASHO IN THE GAME TO DO HIS THING!!!!!!!!
The RashoFan has spoken.....:)

fraga
06-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Pinche NAZR MOHAMMED....dammit dude...stop being such a little b!tch...f*ck...you worthless waste of space......keep your eyes on the damn ball....grab the f*cking ball...then slam the sh!t outa that b!tch...who cares if you get blocked....pick it up again...then try again....

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Give his minutes to Horry. Let Horry get hot in the 1st quarter so he can pose a threat during the whole game, and not just hte last 2 minutes of the 4th.

ducks
06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
duncan has played his worse in any series
I think detroits d should get credit some here

spur219
06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
You can play Horry more but you don't want to waste his legs towards the end of the game. I can't believe that Nazr can't even catch the damn ball. And honestly I would play Massenburg so he can roughen up the Pistons big guys. Even if it's just to send a couple of hard fouls.

ata
06-22-2005, 09:38 AM
You can play Horry more but you don't want to waste his legs towards the end of the game. I can't believe that Nazr can't even catch the damn ball. And honestly I would play Massenburg so he can roughen up the Pistons big guys. Even if it's just to send a couple of hard fouls.
True. Save Horry for 4th quarter. Use Rasho/Massenburg combo in first 3Q.

beirmeistr
06-22-2005, 09:47 AM
The time has come to use Rasho. Start Nazr because he might win the tip. Then insert Rasho after a couple of minutes. Tim needs help. Let rasho play like a weaker version of DRob. It can't hurt. Mohammed just is not ready for the Finals.

Spurminator
06-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Nazr's strengths are surpassed by the Wallaces, and his weaknesses are what they are best at exploiting. His strength is offensive rebounding ... which is hard to do either when you're up against arguably the best rebounder in the NBA. Ben Wallace is also the league's best shot blocker, which exploits Nazr's average-at-best finishing abilities.

It's not a matter of Nazr sucking... it's just a bad matchup for him. Same as Tony Parker. I'm not sure how much more you could reasonably expect from him.

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Nazr's strengths are surpassed by the Wallaces, and his weaknesses are what they are best at exploiting. His strength is offensive rebounding ... which is hard to do either when you're up against arguably the best rebounder in the NBA. Ben Wallace is also the league's best shot blocker, which exploits Nazr's average-at-best finishing abilities.

It's not a matter of Nazr sucking... it's just a bad matchup for him. Same as Tony Parker. I'm not sure how much more you could reasonably expect from him.

Agreed.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2005, 10:07 AM
I could reasonably expect Nazr not to fumble every pass that comes his way, right? Seriously, thats one thing thats bogging down the Spurs O. When he's in there they helpside D can come early and not worry too much because he never catches it. By the time he has a handle on the ball - if it's not already a turnover - the defense has established itself and the opening is gone.

I like Nazr, and still think the best of him is yet to come, but he's killing me at times on that court.

Spurminator
06-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah, he does have butter fingers occasionally... Still, something tells me those shots would've been blocked anyway.

boutons
06-22-2005, 10:23 AM
"Nazr, and still think the best of him is yet to come"

nope, after 7 years in the NBA and in his prime, with Nazr, what you see is what you will always see: weak fundamentals, hands of stone, no feel for the low-block game.

Like so many other teams, Spurs have a huge hole at the 5.

Too bad we can't graft Nazr's rebounding onto Rasho and go with Rasho.

GrandeDavid
06-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Absolutely amazing how the playoffs can make or ruin men. After hating on Spurs mgt. initially, once Nazr Mohammed started playing "well", the Knicks were laughed at by Spurs fans for assuming Malik's long term contract. Another genius move by Buford etc., right? Well, from a business standpoint, no doubt whatsoever. I still applaud this trade.

BUT, its time to realize that Nazr is not the guy that occasionally showed up during the earlier playoff series. Even when he played "well" (sorry, but 8 points and 9 boards is very average to me), he always made me nervous with his ugly shot and nervous footwork. His free throw shooting is Rasho-like and he should be blocking more shots.

Suddenly in this Detroit series he has become a liability. Not merely a non-factor, but a liability. He's turnover prone, foul prone (and doesn't even foul hard), and in burying Rasho so deep on the bench in this guy's favor, now what little confidence Rasho had before the playoffs has completely evaporated.

Hate on Tim all you want, but the fact is that he has absolutely NO HELP underneath, where big men bang and defend. Horry can come in a hit some killer perimeter shots and throw down a flukish crowd silencing dunk, but on the defensive end? And how about when we need some paint production? Just put Sheed on Tim and occasionally let Ben slide over to slap the ball out of Tim's hands. After all, you know that Tim has not help underneath. As an added bonus, you get in Tim's head.

So, in conclusion, Nazr Mohammed is not very good. I think Isaiah Thomas and Malik Rose are having a laugh somewhere. We could especially use Malik's heart and balls right now.

peskypesky
06-22-2005, 12:40 PM
What have he done since in this series? He is owned by Pistons. He putted some good stat in Game 1 and 2, but as we have seen, Pistons weren't really playing in first two games.
I don't give a shit for his rebound, that is all what he has to show. He camps under the basket and wait for balls, big deal.
Rasho is way way better defensevely against the Pistons and his rule in offense is significant as he box-out Ben and make place for driving layups. Put Rasho in, and suddenly we won't have to shot so many threes and also FG% from TP and Manu will be higher.

I appreciate what Nazr did in PO, but in the finals, he is our weakest starer. I don't care how big he will be next year! For me, he can became Wilt-Russel-Robinson combo if he wants. I want title this year! This is no time to teach Nazr how to play. If Beno is benched (he could still contribute something in first half), why the fuck is Nazr still playing?

PS: I will not watch Game 7 live! No way. I watched G3 (-17), been on Slovenian GTG for G4 (-31) and watched G6 (-9). If this helps, I am ready to contribute (and get some sleep).

I totally agree. I like Nazr, and he does have his good games, but he has not brought it these past few games. I would love to see Rasho get the chance to start or at least play some significant minutes.

caspian
06-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Pinche NAZR MOHAMMED....dammit dude...stop being such a little b!tch...f*ck...you worthless waste of space......keep your eyes on the damn ball....grab the f*cking ball...then slam the sh!t outa that b!tch...who cares if you get blocked....pick it up again...then try again....

Hilarious...and good stuff...that expresses exactly how I feel when I pound my fist on the coffee table after watching him, a professional athlete, not be able to catch a damn ball!!! (my pet peeve)

...and Parker and Duncan need to finish with authority more.

zeleni
06-22-2005, 01:15 PM
POP, hear our prayer!

My pop, accept our wishes and make us better!

timvp
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah, he does have butter fingers occasionally... Still, something tells me those shots would've been blocked anyway.

Yeah in Game 6, I was hoping he wouldn't catch the ball. When he does catch the ball it's always two pumpfakes, a travel and then gets blocked. I'd rather him just turn it over than to get Ben Wallace even more energized.

E20
06-22-2005, 04:17 PM
You all know the starter of this thread is Slovenian and obviously is carrying something against Nazr because of Rasho.

catydid
06-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Dre 7, no, you are not alone. A lot of us still believe but know it won't be easy. The Spurs have to come out very aggressive, get a lead and KEEP IT! I'd like to see "Big Ben" knock over Mass like he has Manu. Yeah, right!

Slomo
06-22-2005, 04:30 PM
You all know the starter of this thread is Slovenian and obviously is carrying something against Nazr because of Rasho.

Wow you noticed that little flag too! How observant!

Secondly respond to the points he made which most of the other posters agree with - to different levels, but agree never the less. You don't have to be Slovenian to realize that Nazr is not playing that well lately. And maybe Rasho's D would be more productive at this point than Nazr's upfake/traveling.

Finally please explain which part of his post (or from the others) shows that he is "carrying something against Nazr".

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 04:31 PM
What we have to lose?

Everything is at stake.

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Hate on Tim all you want, but the fact is that he has absolutely NO HELP underneath, where big men bang and defend. Horry can come in a hit some killer perimeter shots and throw down a flukish crowd silencing dunk, but on the defensive end? And how about when we need some paint production? Just put Sheed on Tim and occasionally let Ben slide over to slap the ball out of Tim's hands. After all, you know that Tim has not help underneath. As an added bonus, you get in Tim's head.

Exactly, that's what I've been saying. Tim is fighting 3 or more guys on every possesion.

E20
06-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Rasho is at the end of the bench and it could be because of Nazr. I'm sure if Beno was playing well and TP got benched because of it a lot of French people would be quick to start Bench Beno threads if he made mistakes that everybody else is making.

Slomo
06-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Rasho is at the end of the bench and it could be because of Nazr. I'm sure if Beno was playing well and TP got benched because of it a lot of French people would be quick to start Bench Beno threads if he made mistakes that everybody else is making.
Show me the threads that Slovenian posters have started to put down Nazr after he took over from Rasho (as per your example). Nazr has been playing badly for a while now so your point about the quick threads also doesn't hold water. This thread was started by an inteligent post that offered a solution (one you may or may not agree with) to a problem the Spurs have been facing for the past games.

Instead of discussing that post/solution you pull out the nationalistic card discarding the thread because it was started by a Slovenian.

weak!

ata
06-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Yes, I am Slovenian, big deal. Where did a carry something against Nazr?
True, I would like to see playing Rasho more, however Nazr has done good job as Rasho was injured.
Please read this post from Spurminator. It explains the point I am making much better:

Here is the point: It's not a matter of Nazr sucking... it's just a bad matchup for him.
We are going down with this lineup, we do not penetrante, we take to many outside shots and Tim is just alone in the paint.
Please argue with facts not with my country of origin.

E20
06-22-2005, 05:09 PM
So who is the next center on our roster that we should replace Nazr with. I say Massenburg.

Alchal
06-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Massenburg would be your best choice to replace Nazr.

ata
06-22-2005, 05:36 PM
And why exactly would you pick Massenburg? Any arguments?

Ozzy
06-22-2005, 06:03 PM
One more casual observation from a (yes Slovenian, but that doesn't matter) fan:

I haven't seen that many games this year, but from what I saw I think Rasho is way better at setting picks than Nazr. When Rasho was starting (ok, at least I am sure of this for last season) a lot of actions started with Rasho setting a pick for Parker or somebody else... A typical example was in Game 2 where Rasho set a pick to Beno. Beno the penetrated into the paint and set up Bowen for an open three. Those kind of plays have simply dissapeared from the book with Nazr...

And if we go deeper into this: Rasho's duty to set picks for the guard have distanced him from the basket lots of times. Perhaps that had some influence on his point average... But I know, it's the things that people just don't notice.

Don Quixote
06-23-2005, 01:26 AM
I'll have to agree. In a Game 7, we have to go with our best 5. And Nazr is not one of them.

To whom, then, does Pop give his minutes? After Big Shot Rob, there's not much to speak of on our bench. Rasho, by the way, is not the answer.

I guess we're stuck.

zeleni
06-23-2005, 04:56 AM
Rasho, by the way, is not the answer.

I guess we're stuck.

I would agree. There is nothing to do. Spurs will lose the finals. And we have to accept that. Couse Rasho is to soft on the bench and Nazr is to rigid in the paint. That will be the key, and We have so much to lose. Let us just face it. Rasho should not be the answer. It is better to put your hands in prayer and hope for Horry.

but perhaps... why wouldn't we try it? It is a game of all games. For the sake of it?

RashoFan
06-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Ye all of little faith....Rasho is the man...at least he was in my fantasy dream last night...Sorry, I wanted to throw in a little humor to disperse the bad juju/mojo.
Have Faith that the SILVER AND BLACK will prevail....

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Put Rasho in for a few minutes, but if he is sucking, bring Nazi in right away