PDA

View Full Version : Spurs notebook: Horry denies any part in crotch-gate

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 02:20 AM
Spurs notebook: Horry denies any part in crotch-gate
Web Posted: 06/22/2005 01:04 AM CDT

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA062205.3S.BKNspurs.notebook.328533b7.html
San Antonio Express-News

Pictures taken of Robert Horry after he made the winning 3-pointer in Game 5 appear to show him grabbing his crotch with his left hand.

The Detroit Free Press asked readers if Horry was making a vulgar insult to the fans at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Horry said he wasn't.

"It looks like it, but that's not what I did," Horry said. "There's a lot of things that happen when pictures are taken at different angles. I would never do that."

Game 7 tickets: Tickets for Thursday's Game 7 will go on sale at noon today. They can be purchased only online (ticketmaster.com and spurs.com) or by phone at (210) 225-8326.

It's been awhile: Thursday's game will be the Spurs' first Game 7 since losing in double overtime in the deciding game of the Western Conference semifinals to Portland, 108-105, on May 19, 1990.

Current Detroit coach Larry Brown was the coach of that team. David Robinson and Sean Elliott were in their rookie seasons, and the Spurs were victimized by a critical turnover by Rod Strickland in the second overtime.

The Spurs have lost three-straight Game 7 contests and have notched only one victory in a Game 7. That victory came on May 2, 1979, when the Spurs beat Philadelphia. That victory marked the first playoff series ever won by the Spurs, who are 1-5 in Game 7s and 1-1 in those games at home.

It will be the first time the Spurs have faced an elimination game at home since beating Seattle in the final game of the best-of-five 2002 Western Conference first round.

Difficult to choose: Manu Ginobili had a hard time comparing whether he was more nervous Monday or before he won an Olympic gold medal.

"With both things there is so much adrenaline going on, so many responsibilities, pressures," Ginobili said. "It's hard to choose one, which one you were more nervous, more excited. The Olympics were a different situation. We were just 12 guys there in an Olympic village, in a 1,000-square-feet (apartment) talking all the time. Here, we can go to our own home."

Hope it's spelled right: After the Spurs' charter flight touched down in San Antonio early Monday morning, each of the players stepped off the plane wearing a black T-shirt with the word "appoggiatura" emblazoned on the front.

Appoggiatura was the winning word in the recent Scripps National Spelling Bee. After watching the spelling bee on TV during the playoffs, coach Gregg Popovich quizzed the team on the word's meaning — an embellishing note or tone preceding an essential melodic note or tone and usually written as a note of smaller size.

"He said you guys will never use it again in your lives," Sean Marks said.

Brent Barry had the T-shirts made and was just waiting for the right time to unveil them. After the Spurs won Game 5, he handed them out to the players on the plane.

"I'm just glad I didn't have to come home with an unopened box," Barry said.

No more injured list: One aspect of the new labor agreement eliminates the injured list. Instead, each team will be allowed to carry as many as 15 players on its roster, though only 12 at a time can be active.

That means the practice of players being diagnosed with "phantom" injuries will be a thing of the past.

Commissioner David Stern said the new non-active list can be called the "honest list."

Mike Monroe, Johnny Ludden, Tim Griffin

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 02:22 AM
No more injured list: One aspect of the new labor agreement eliminates the injured list. Instead, each team will be allowed to carry as many as 15 players on its roster, though only 12 at a time can be active.

That means the practice of players being diagnosed with "phantom" injuries will be a thing of the past.

Commissioner David Stern said the new non-active list can be called the "honest list."

Finally!!!!!

Thats very good!!!

mouse
06-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Horry did nothing wrong!

Sincerly:Roseanne Barr

http://www.roseanneworld.com/media/images/pic_13_med.jpg

TMTTRIO
06-22-2005, 02:26 AM
We were just 12 guys there in an Olympic village, in a 1,000-square-feet (apartment) talking all the time. Here, we can go to our own home."

Maybe Pop should make them all live together in a house :lol

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 02:28 AM
The Detroit Free Press asked readers if Horry was making a vulgar insult to the fans at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Why do I get the feeling had the Express-News done the samething with a Piston player this board would complain about the city and how small and po-dunk it is.

Dre_7
06-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Maybe Pop should make them all live together in a house :lol

Thats a reality show waiting to happen!!! :lol

Wallace ²
06-22-2005, 08:08 AM
I dont think there was anything to the crotch grab. His hand just happened to be there when the picture was snapped. I saw the replay a few times, and his hand was only there for a split second.

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Why do I get the feeling had the Express-News done the samething with a Piston player this board would complain about the city and how small and po-dunk it is.

Nah, I don't think so.

The more and more this series goes on, the more and more it seems the fans of San Antonio and Detroit are alike.

We may not want to admit it, but it's happening. Every win, every loss.. we all act the same. Interesting concept, actually.

Deadbeat Dad
06-22-2005, 08:25 AM
as long as he keeps making those 3's he can grab all the crotch he wants, including mine :lmao

boutons
06-22-2005, 08:35 AM
I think Pop giving them Tuesday off was really bad.

Study some film, get on the court, loosen up those tired, cold muscles, get the heart/lungs working just a little bit ("you're only a good as your last 24 hours"), run through off/def drills, tactics, and ADJUSTMENTS!!.

But above all, get everybody thinking about basketball and the task at hand. DON'T LET EVERYBODY remain in isolation and possible distracted by their non-basketball lives.

Pop has always said he like the rodeo road trip because it forces the team to be together every day, non-stop, developing some camaderie and group think. But then he let's everybody go into isolation for the day before the Title game? doesn't make sense.