PDA

View Full Version : Since that's basically all he's got...

Yonivore
04-27-2012, 12:42 PM
...left in the accomplishment quiver of his presidency, Barack Obama -- after pledging not to spike the ball -- has marched out Slick Willie and Slow Joe to do it for him.

BD75KOoNR9k

He got kudos from a lot of conservatives over his decision to give the go ahead for the raid in Islamabad that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden. He also pledged he wouldn't be spiking the football over the issue...

Well, now that he's damn near accomplishment-free, I guess it's yet another pledge he'll just have to cast aside.

The trouble with doing that is, a) people notice you've violated yet another pledge/promise and b) people tend to look closer at the actual deed over which you're crowing -- to see if there is something to criticize.

Well, lo' and behold, there is...

Image was huge! Follow link to see original memo. (http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/memo.jpg)

Transcribed:

Received phone call from Tom Donilon who stated that the President made a decision with regard to AC1 [Abbottabad Compound 1]. The decision is to proceed with the assault.
First, he passes the buck and any blame for failure to Admiral McRaven...

The timing, operational decision making and control are in Admiral McRaven’s hands.

Then, he detaches himself from the mission with an exceptions trap...

The approval is provided on the risk profile presented to the President. Any additional risks are to be brought back to the President for his consideration.
Does anyone think the "risk profile" didn't change during the mission?

The direction is to go in and get bin Laden and if he is not there, to get out. Those instructions were conveyed to Admiral McRaven at approximately 10:45 am.
A decision a Kindergarte...Hell, Joe Biden...could have made.

How did Tom Hanks and Slow Joe Biden describe the agonizing decision-making process?

HANKS: Intelligence reports locating Osama Bin Laden were promising, but inconclusive, and there was internal debate as to what the President should do.

VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN: We sat down in the Situation Room, the entire national security apparatus was in that room, and the President turns to every principal in the room, every secretary, “What do you recommend I do?” And they say, “Well, forty-nine percent chance he’s there, fifty-one … it’s a close call, Mr. President.” As he walked out the room, it dawned on me, he’s all alone. This is his decision. If he was wrong, his Presidency was done. Over.
That's bullshit. I'll tell you whose career was over if the mission had failed. Admiral McCraven's, that's whose.

War on women. Backfire.

Reamus. Backfire.

Osama bin Laden. Not quite a backfire but, certainly less courageous than we've been led to believe.

Winehole23
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Reamus?

ChumpDumper
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Didn't read.

He still has his Muslim faith.

DarrinS
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm reporting this to AttackWatch

TeyshaBlue
04-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Reamus?

Google Sez: WTF?

Yonivore
04-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Google Sez: WTF?
Whatever the name of Romney's dog was...

Yonivore
04-27-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm reporting this to AttackWatch
Mention me by name, I'm a member of their points program.

ChumpDumper
04-27-2012, 02:35 PM
The hell is a reamus?

boutons_deux
04-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Uncle Remus

Uncle Tom ... Ream Us

George Gervin's Afro
04-27-2012, 03:12 PM
...left in the accomplishment quiver of his presidency, Barack Obama -- after pledging not to spike the ball -- has marched out Slick Willie and Slow Joe to do it for him.

BD75KOoNR9k

He got kudos from a lot of conservatives over his decision to give the go ahead for the raid in Islamabad that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden. He also pledged he wouldn't be spiking the football over the issue...

Well, now that he's damn near accomplishment-free, I guess it's yet another pledge he'll just have to cast aside.

The trouble with doing that is, a) people notice you've violated yet another pledge/promise and b) people tend to look closer at the actual deed over which you're crowing -- to see if there is something to criticize.

Well, lo' and behold, there is...

Image was huge! Follow link to see original memo. (http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/memo.jpg)

Transcribed:

First, he passes the buck and any blame for failure to Admiral McRaven...

Then, he detaches himself from the mission with an exceptions trap...

Does anyone think the "risk profile" didn't change during the mission?

A decision a Kindergarte...Hell, Joe Biden...could have made.

How did Tom Hanks and Slow Joe Biden describe the agonizing decision-making process?

That's bullshit. I'll tell you whose career was over if the mission had failed. Admiral McCraven's, that's whose.

War on women. Backfire.

Reamus. Backfire.

Osama bin Laden. Not quite a backfire but, certainly less courageous than we've been led to believe.

leave it to yoni to take a single statement and assign his own motives..lol

EVAY
04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
you know, I am so opposed to watching political ads from anybody that I didn't watch this thing until I noticed that it was only 1 and 1/2 minutes long, and I thought "Oh, I can put up with anything for that long".

After I watched it I thought,

WTF, Yoni?

What's the BFD here? It's not like in 2004 when Bush and Cheney kept running on "He's kept us safe (except for that one time when he really, really didn't even though he had been told it was a possibility by the CIA) and the other guy is sure to allow us to be attacked again!"

In fact, Cheney was still saying in 2008 that a Democratic president would inevitably make us less safe than we had been before.

So now in 2012 there is a reference to the killing of the man that Bush famously claimed "Could run but couldn't hide", a man that Bush had tried for 7 years to find and kill but didn't. And there is a question (stupidly asked, in my opinion), about whether or not the opposing candidate in this election would have made the same decision.

Damn, the worst that can be said about this ad, imo, is that it is schmaltzy and forgettable.

But it is not worth fussing about.

Good grief.

jack sommerset
04-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Spike the ball, naw, he is throwing up hail Mary's hoping something will stick. That a has to be the silliest ad I have seen in some time. God bless

Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

DarrinS
04-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Lol, this still redirects

http://www.gutsycall.com

jack sommerset
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM
I would donate but I don't want it going to someone's mistress. God bless

spursncowboys
04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Obama's accomplishments: More oil is being discovered (Bush signed them all, Obama none)
He killed Osama (SEALs took the shot without his approval)
He is giving free healthcare (making you pay or become a criminal; Said a mandate would be illegal when debating H. Clinton)
Ended the War in Iraq (Bush had already signed the SOFA agreement; The average casualty rate was the same the moment Obama got into office to when all soldiers were pulled out)
Created the surge in Afghanistan (No idea if it was a success, since the only benchmark he ever created was the pullout date)
Unemployment has gone down since he was in office ( fudged numbers. Since Obama came into office 5 million americans have left the workforce, regardless of how people measure unemployment rate)

clambake
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
also made you severely butthurt.

IWantsACuatro
04-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Admiral McRaven is a UTexas grad.

LoL aggies.

clambake
04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
bush didn't have time to go after bin ladin.

he was too busy makin out with putin and musharaf. lol

spursncowboys
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Good thing Obama got all that great intel from Bush's war crimes to be able to get Osama. How many HVT's have we gotten from Obama's war fighting methods?

jack sommerset
04-27-2012, 10:20 PM
bush didn't have time to go after bin ladin.

he was too busy makin out with putin and musharaf. lol

Talk about butthurt....man, u are one angry little fellow today. I prayed for you tonight. God bless

George Gervin's Afro
04-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Good thing Obama got all that great intel from Bush's war crimes to be able to get Osama. How many HVT's have we gotten from Obama's war fighting methods?

Bush said he wasn't concerned with Bin Laden...

We have killed alot of bad guys under Obama whether you accept it or not.

By the way we are still looking for the wmds... the stockpiles, mobile bio labs.. I can't wait for those documents to be translated..

spursncowboys
04-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Bush said he wasn't concerned with Bin Laden...

We have killed alot of bad guys under Obama whether you accept it or not.

By the way we are still looking for the wmds... the stockpiles, mobile bio labs.. I can't wait for those documents to be translated..

I agree we have killed alot of bad guys. Through drone attacks that Obama condemned before coming into office.

We are still looking? In Iraq? Who's looking?

ChumpDumper
04-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I agree we have killed alot of bad guys. Through drone attacks that Obama condemned before coming into office.

We are still looking? In Iraq? Who's looking?yonivore is.