PDA

View Full Version : Post your playoff backup plans

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
List of teams I will support in order of preference:

1. Nuggets

2. Heat - If the nuggets won't ring (which, yes, I know is unlikely, Bron's gonna get that. It's poetic, he'll finally get a ring and everyone will say it needs a 4-carat asterisk-shaped diamond in it)
3. Jazz - Love the Jazz front line, Hayward is taking the white boy mantle from Dirk and Nash in a couple of years)
4. Grizz - Anyone who pushes Chris Paul's shit in is fine with me
5. Thunder - Most likely to beat the Laker imo. Harden will have his revenge.
6. Pacers - Quiet achievers. Points for best throwbacks this year too (scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons here)
7. Mavs - Dirk. I like Dirk.
8. Bulls - Couldn't care less
9. Sixers - Doesn't matter, will be out in 4.
10. Hawks - Yawn
11. Celtics - Beating the Lakers in the final would be hilarious.
12. Spurs - Yawnball squared.
13. Magic - lol wut?
14. Clippers - Fuck Chris Paul and his bitch-made, dick-punching ass
15. Knicks - Melo out in 4 two years running? Yes please.
16. Lakers - Seriously, I hope Kobe gets cancer. And only 6 chemo treatments out of the 24 he'll get do anything.

cheguevara
04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I'll be rooting for whoever plays the Heat and Lakers

Kai
04-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Grizz, Nugs, Bulls

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Grizzlies and Knicks

Juggity
04-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Yawnball squared.

Talking about the Bulls, right?

timtonymanu
04-27-2012, 05:03 PM
East: Pacers, Heat
West: No one other than the Spurs

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Talking about the Bulls, right?

Well, seeing that he posted that comment next to the Spurs, I'd say you can't read.

baseline bum
04-27-2012, 05:05 PM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Grizzlies
4. Heat
5-16 can fuck off

TimmehC
04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
1. Spurs
2. Clips
3. Pacers
4. Grizz

Don't give a crap about the rest.

Frenzy
04-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Anyone but the Lakers :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM
List of teams I will support in order of preference:

1. Nuggets

2. Heat - If the nuggets won't ring (which, yes, I know is unlikely, Bron's gonna get that. It's poetic, he'll finally get a ring and everyone will say it needs a 4-carat asterisk-shaped diamond in it)
3. Jazz - Love the Jazz front line, Hayward is taking the white boy mantle from Dirk and Nash in a couple of years)
4. Grizz - Anyone who pushes Chris Paul's shit in is fine with me
5. Thunder - Most likely to beat the Laker imo. Harden will have his revenge.
6. Pacers - Quiet achievers. Points for best throwbacks this year too (scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons here)
7. Mavs - Dirk. I like Dirk.
8. Bulls - Couldn't care less
9. Sixers - Doesn't matter, will be out in 4.
10. Hawks - Yawn
11. Celtics - Beating the Lakers in the final would be hilarious.
13. Magic - lol wut?
14. Clippers - Fuck Chris Paul and his bitch-made, dick-punching ass
15. Knicks - Melo out in 4 two years running? Yes please.
16. Lakers - Seriously, I hope Kobe gets cancer. And only 6 chemo treatments out of the 24 he'll get do anything.

Feel better now :lol

These are my plans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9hBzefObA

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Where's the $2400, Kool?

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 05:34 PM
i'm not surprised you listen to that ghetto trash

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
honestly kool, that is one of the worst songs i've ever heard, and i once got dragged to a pendulum gig.

DMC
04-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Damn bro, already making a backup plan.

I will wait a while before I decide.

Robz4000
04-27-2012, 05:40 PM
1. Spurs
2. Pacers
3. Grizz
4. Jazz

Then from there anyone but the Lakers, Heat, Thunder, and Clippers...

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Damn bro, already making a backup plan.

I will wait a while before I decide.

:lol

yeah, well, my team isn't the 1 seed, and we're playing the team Stern and the zebras won't let lose.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
1. LAL - Sure Kobe's 6th ring will cause some annoying Kobe vs Jordan talks, but it's likely to die off. Catching the green devil will be a significant chapter in Laker history.

2. Pacers - I like them, they have a formidable team. If they were to topple the Bulls &/or Heat, it would be well deserved.

3. Grizzilies - I also like Memphis, they are built to go the distance and nobody wants a piece of them. They are entertaining to watch.

4. Mavs - Yeah, they swept us, but they also took away Bron's cookie. Only downside is that their owner is a piece of shit and will be rubbing everybody's face in it.

5. Thunder - Young team with the potential to form a dynasty. I don't like them, but they are the team that will stand in the Heat's way from making a dynasty.

6. Bulls - Hard working team, I would like them more if they didn't have Rose.

7. Sixers - Iggy is alright in my book, they started out as a great team, could be a sleeper for the playoffs.

8. Hawks - Just for kicks and giggles. Their crowd needs to stop cheering MVP for the other team's players.

9. Jazz - Eh, I never cared for them or hated them. Neutral for me

10. Magic - I don't want Dwight to get a ring for doing nothing THEN leave his team.

11. Nuggets - McG:lol:lol, he will never see a ring I pray

12. Knicks - Melo is the most overrated "superstar" in the NBA

13. Clippers - If Floppers ring, expect a wave of Clipper fans to come here. I live in LA, I don't want to see Blake & Paul jerseys everywhere.

14. Spurs - Boring, just another asterisk to put on their trophy wall. Better than Heat or Cs winning, at least.

15. Heat - This superfriend bullshit needs to be proven to be fools gold, for the better of the NBA, Heat have to lose.

16. Celtics - Fuck Rondo's headband & Pierce's wheel chair. They can continue to live in LALs shadow.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
i'm not surprised you listen to that ghetto trash

I wish I was ghetto sometimes...I envy those people at times...

Fish tailing out da parking lot leaving Magic :lol

Shit is so fly....

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 05:50 PM
you know what's not fly? the colour pink.

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 05:53 PM
you know what's not fly? the colour pink.

In my world of white pussies and assholes it's the perfect colour :lol

Bill_Brasky
04-27-2012, 06:02 PM
1. Spurs
2. Celtics
3. Heat
4. Bulls

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:05 PM

muh-fucka's either trollin, or hasn't watched a Spurs game all year. Only team scoring like the Nugz and they're boring? You sound like a BSPN reporter that sits in a fucking cube. Need to get your game watchin up, scrah.

Kai
04-27-2012, 06:08 PM
ITT: butthurt fans. At least your team is in the playoffs :lol

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:10 PM
14. Spurs - Boring, just another asterisk to put on their trophy wall. Better than Heat or Cs winning, at least.

You wouldn't call it an asterisk if the Lakers won it, tbh..again another guy who hasn't watched a Spurs game all year. Boring? One of the top assists teams, highlights all season, averaging a hell of a lot more points than your Lakers..but yeah..boring as shit. We'll bore you right to another Trophy. And what kind of sore ass loser calls a championship an asterisk? We all played the same amount of games, same amount of playoff games, and had the same amount of time to practice. No difference than a normal season. So if they shorten the season to say...70 games, one day, instead of 82, would every season from then on be an asterisk, because it's not 82 games? Just curious as to what you think about that.

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Really love how some of you say you'd love your team to win the title this year, then a little farther down, when you have the Spurs, you say it's "Just another asterisk." Sure is good enough for you to want your team to win though, huh?

Kai
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Spurfan90210 please elaborate. It usually takes 3 posts explaining the same thing for me to understand.

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Spurfan90210 please elaborate. It usually takes 3 posts explaining the same thing for me to understand.

Sorry bro..just annoys the fuck out of me.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
You wouldn't call it an asterisk if the Lakers won it, tbh..again another guy who hasn't watched a Spurs game all year. Boring? One of the top assists teams, highlights all season, averaging a hell of a lot more points than your Lakers..but yeah..boring as shit. We'll bore you right to another Trophy. And what kind of sore ass loser calls a championship an asterisk? We all played the same amount of games, same amount of playoff games, and had the same amount of time to practice. No difference than a normal season. So if they shorten the season to say...70 games, one day, instead of 82, would every season from then on be an asterisk, because it's not 82 games? Just curious as to what you think about that.

Yes I would, this is an asterisk season. A chip is a chip, but this one came from a shortened and compacted season. If LAL wins, asterisk. If Spurs win, asterisk. If Heat win, asterisk. I called this season an asterisk before it started, not because I thought LAL wouldn't win anything nah, just because it is.

Spurs are boring to me, obviously not to you. I watch their games sometimes, they are boring for me. It's not a knock, it's just a simple opinion that very many people share.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Really love how some of you say you'd love your team to win the title this year, then a little farther down, when you have the Spurs, you say it's "Just another asterisk." Sure is good enough for you to want your team to win though, huh?

Love how you make assumptions about people :toast

I called this an asterisk season from day 1

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Yes I would, this is an asterisk season. A chip is a chip, but this one came from a shortened and compacted season. If LAL wins, asterisk. If Spurs win, asterisk. If Heat win, asterisk. I called this season an asterisk before it started, not because I thought LAL wouldn't win anything nah, just because it is.

Spurs are boring to me, obviously not to you. I watch their games sometimes, they are boring for me. It's not a knock, it's just a simple opinion that very many people share.

Still doesn't make sense..everyone played the same amount of games...no asterisk, imo..but you're welcome to your opinion. Not sure how the Spurs are boring to you...they share the ball better than anyone in the league and have 2 of the top passing big men in the league, and score more points than anyone except Denver. Is LA boring to you as well? Just curious.

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 06:30 PM

someone better call the wambulance.

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Love how you make assumptions about people :toast

I called this an asterisk season from day 1

Not making assumptions..you said your top team that you would want to win the title is the Lakers, but yet when it comes down to SA, you taint the title by saying it's an asterisk title.

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:31 PM
someone better call the wambulance.

Sit down, Nugget fan...you have no part in a discussion about titles.

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 06:31 PM
what, so because it's an asterisk he doesn't want any one to win?

you're digging yourself into an asterisk-shaped hole.

Juggity
04-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Well, seeing that he posted that comment next to the Spurs, I'd say you can't read.

Or it could be that I was pointing out the inaccuracy of his statement when applied as he applied it. Imo

pass1st
04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Still doesn't make sense..everyone played the same amount of games...no asterisk, imo..but you're welcome to your opinion. Not sure how the Spurs are boring to you...they share the ball better than anyone in the league and have 2 of the top passing big men in the league, and score more points than anyone except Denver. Is LA boring to you as well? Just curious.

It's a shortened season and a crammed season. To me that's an asterisk, but if you want to say it's not then I'm not going to argue otherwise.

You're acting like I'm saying the Spurs play bad or something. They play solid basketball, but still are boring to me. I like watching LAL because you never know what you get. Is Bynum going to beast? Will Peace beat somebody up? Is Kobe going to shoot lights out? Will savior pass or score this time? They are an unpredictable team and that's what makes it fun to watch.

Frenzy
04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Spurs fan you mad? ha jeeze. Dude just about every team has a lable. Spurs boring is just another. Lakers bandwagon...they don't have real fans etc.. opinions all the same. Spurs fans won't see it as boring and lakerfan won't think they are bandwagon fans. But it is what it is.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Not making assumptions..you said your top team that you would want to win the title is the Lakers, but yet when it comes down to SA, you taint the title by saying it's an asterisk title.

Stop :downspin: this around

I called this title an asterisk from day 1, I just threw it in my list for shits and giggles.

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:36 PM
It's a shortened season and a crammed season. To me that's an asterisk, but if you want to say it's not then I'm not going to argue otherwise.

You're acting like I'm saying the Spurs play bad or something. They play solid basketball, but still are boring to me. I like watching LAL because you never know what you get. Is Bynum going to beast? Will Peace beat somebody up? Is Kobe going to shoot lights out? Will savior pass or score this time? They are an unpredictable team and that's what makes it fun to watch.

I guess I just don't get the whole asterisk thing..and that's fine. To me, an asterisk next to a ring makes it tainted. States that something happened to give them an advantage. And when it comes to entertainment, I guess we just think of different basketball. You're looking for a movie, I'm looking for good team basketball.

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I guess I just don't get the whole asterisk thing..and that's fine. To me, an asterisk next to a ring makes it tainted. States that something happened to give them an advantage. And when it comes to entertainment, I guess we just think of different basketball. You're looking for a movie, I'm looking for boring basketball.

ftfy

Spursfan092120

I called this title an asterisk from day 1, I just threw it in my list for shits and giggles.

You're not reading my post properly. Never said you haven't called this an asterisk season all year. I was just saying you wanted the Lakers to win it, but then called it tainted by saying it was an asterisk season. But that was before you admitted to wanted the Lakers to win it, asterisk or not. My bad on that. I'm sure you did call it an asterisk season all year...I don't know you to be a liar.

rayjayjohnson

that's precisely why lebron will ring this year. everyone will forever call it half a title.

it's poetic. it's written in the stars.

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
ftfy

Sit down, Nugget fan...you have no part in a discussion about titles.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 06:44 PM
I guess I just don't get the whole asterisk thing..and that's fine. To me, an asterisk next to a ring makes it tainted. States that something happened to give them an advantage. And when it comes to entertainment, I guess we just think of different basketball. You're looking for a movie, I'm looking for good team basketball.

The asterisk doesn't taint the team, though. It simply means the title was won under unusual circumstances such as a shortened season.

I want good team basketball, but I want some drama & flash in it. The playoffs are supposed to bring out real emotions and fire. Spurs - Nets is an example of a boring finals. I thought the Magic - Lakers finals was kind of boring, but because LAL is my team I enjoyed it nevertheless.

This is what I love
yz2NaaZS9ko (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz2NaaZS9ko)

Spursfan092120
04-27-2012, 06:45 PM
The asterisk doesn't taint the team, though. It simply means the title was won under unusual circumstances such as a shortened season.

I want good team basketball, but I want some drama & flash in it. The playoffs are supposed to bring out real emotions and fire. Spurs - Nets is an example of a boring finals. I thought the Magic - Lakers finals was kind of boring, but because LAL is my team I enjoyed it nevertheless.

This is what I love
yz2NaaZS9ko

Fixed the video for you...yeah...Spurs/Nets was boring. But that wasn't this Spurs team..this is a completely different style of team.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 06:45 PM
You're not reading my post properly. Never said you haven't called this an asterisk season all year. I was just saying you wanted the Lakers to win it, but then called it tainted by saying it was an asterisk season. But that was before you admitted to wanted the Lakers to win it, asterisk or not. My bad on that. I'm sure you did call it an asterisk season all year...I don't know you to be a liar.

Yeah I want Lakers to win it, it will be an asterisk, but fuck, it puts us at the Green Devil. I'm a fan, I always want Lakers to win the title.

It's not a knock on the team - it's a knock on the title.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Fixed the video for you...yeah...Spurs/Nets was boring. But that wasn't this Spurs team..this is a completely different style of team.

Same coach, though. If Spurs win, it will likely be through good rotation, the players performing the way they are supposed to play and the pieces falling into place.

If Lakers won, it will be a struggle as some players will falter and others flourish. Kobe might chuck and Bynum beast. Gasol will pee sitting down, Artest will pull circus shots out of his ass. Both teams just win differently

LkrFan
04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Backup plan? :lmao You don't seem too confideny ray ;)

2pac > Kobe
04-27-2012, 06:57 PM
1. Celtics
2. Bulls
3. Spurs

Celtic spurs final would be amazing

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 06:59 PM
1. Celtics
2. Bulls
3. Spurs

Celtic spurs final would be amazingly boring

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Backup plan? :lmao You don't seem too confideny ray ;)

i just don't want to be accused of bandwagonning when the heat win it all

InK
04-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Grizzlies and Pacers

DJB
04-27-2012, 07:03 PM
1. Spurs
2. Bulls
3. Thunder
4. Pacers
5. Clippers

DMC
04-27-2012, 07:05 PM

This is what I love
yz2NaaZS9ko (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz2NaaZS9ko)
So you want a Lebron/Kobe finals, you've been cucked by Stern.

When Laker fan learns the difference between basketball greats and great basketball, then we can break bread together.

Latarian Milton
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
sons if the heat win it this year and you fags all jump onto our bandwagon, will u guys stay right here as heat fans for seasons to come or how are you gonna return to your old fan bases?

ElNono
04-27-2012, 07:17 PM
no backup, per the usual... Once/if Spurs are done, don't care who wins

mindcrime
04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
16. Celtics - Fuck Rondo's headband & Pierce's wheel chair. They can continue to live in LALs shadow.

Just curious how the Celtics are living in LALs shadow when 17 > 16
and 17 all in Boston is >>>> 11 in LA tbh

Koolaid_Man
04-27-2012, 07:52 PM
So you want a Lebron/Kobe finals, you've been cucked by Stern.

When Laker fan learns the difference between basketball greats and great basketball, then we can break bread together.

Kobe would be legendary if he beat Bron and Wade in the finals...His legend would finally Surpass MJ's...and if he he beat Rose in Chicago to tie MJ that would be sweet as well...

It's a another good opportunity this year for Kobe...:toast

pass1st
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Just curious how the Celtics are living in LALs shadow when 17 > 16
and 17 all in Boston is >>>> 11 in LA tbh

Well that's simple

1980s & 2000s > 1970s, 1960s, 1950s

NBA was much more relevant in the 80s and so-on. Boston dominated a fairly soft era, Lakers dominated tougher eras.

pass1st
04-27-2012, 07:54 PM
+ also, Celtics have been rather irrelevant for long time before 2008. They are facing another decade or irrelevancy now.

Jt.ONE
04-27-2012, 08:14 PM
curious to see how far the knicks can go tbh

mindcrime
04-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Well that's simple

1980s & 2000s > 1970s, 1960s, 1950s

NBA was much more relevant in the 80s and so-on. Boston dominated a fairly soft era, Lakers dominated tougher eras.

Makes sense. Although I don't think they will face another decade of irrelevancy. They should have enough money coming off the books soon to sign some talent.

Venti Quattro
04-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Bulls
Grizzlies
(total indifference)
Spurs
Clippers
Celtics

TE
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
i just don't want to be accused of bandwagonning when the heat win it all

:lmao not wanting to call it bandwagoning when that's what it just is.

rayjayjohnson
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
I've been loving me some Bron for years. Suck a pole.

TE
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
:lol faggot bandwagoner

:lol not enough confidence in favorite team

:lol rooting for other teams

jestersmash
04-28-2012, 12:23 AM
1. Spurs

2. Lakers - the other half of the "old guard" of the West. Spurs and Lakers have dominated the West so thoroughly in the 2000s decade that it'd be nice to see the Lakers win another one if the spurs can't get it done. Bynum is still a whiny immature faggot and MWP is batshit insane, but I've always respected Kobe's respectful demeanor and his game.

3. Mavs - Always respected Dirk's game. One of the more humble megastars. Wouldn't mind seeing him repeat, but I doubt they can get it done this year.

4. Denver - "Spurs lite" IMO. They have slightly worse offense and considerably worse defense. Spurs are 1st and 11th in offensive and defensive efficiency, respectively, while Nuggets are 3rd and 21st. They play team ball which I respect. No real superstar. It's "boring" (to other teams' fans) team basketball, but as a spurs fan I appreciate that style

Don't care about the rest. I'd love to root for Lebron (he's way too good not to have a ring IMO), but I can't get past the astounding arrogance of the Heat's Big 3 when they came together, so it's funnier to see them lose.

This is not to say that I'll feel good if, say, the Lakers win and the Spurs get bounced out of the 2nd round. I'll be pissed, but I'll be slightly less pissed if the Lakers win over, say, the Heat. The rift between 1 and 2-4 is large, as is the rift between 2-4 and "the rest."