PDA

View Full Version : Open Invitation to Jazzfanz.com members

phyzik
04-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd like this thread to be a serious BBall playoff discussion on both sides. Leave the trash talk for other threads (unlikely, knowing Spurstalk).

Everyone and their mother knows the Spurs should win this series easily (and thats not meant as a slight against you Jazz fans). On the flip side, the Jazz look like they could be a force in the west in a few years (if not less). It would be nice to forget the past (Malone) and actually have a powow like we did with the Pistons back in 2005.

Sure, lets have some trash talking, but I'm tired of the drool from Laker fans from downstairs. A true basketball discussion is in order. Having said that....

Spurs fan - What are your keys to winning the series and who needs to step up?

Jazz Fan - What can your team possibly do to stop the seemingly unstoppable PnR offense of the Spurs?

100%duncan
04-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Jazz fans won't talk ball here.

NRHector
04-28-2012, 12:35 AM
I'd like this thread to be a serious BBall playoff discussion on both sides. Leave the trash talk for other threads (unlikely, knowing Spurstalk).

Everyone and their mother knows the Spurs should win this series easily (and thats not meant as a slight against you Jazz fans). On the flip side, the Jazz look like they could be a force in the west in a few years (if not less). It would be nice to forget the past (Malone) and actually have a powow like we did with the Pistons back in 2005.

Sure, lets have some trash talking, but I'm tired of the drool from Laker fans from downstairs. A true basketball discussion is in order. Having said that....

Spurs fan - What are your keys to winning the series and who needs to step up?

Jazz Fan - What can your team possibly do to stop the seemingly unstoppable PnR offense of the Spurs?

isn't that trash talking?

phyzik
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM
isn't that trash talking?

not when every talking head, including the Jazz radio voice himself, David Locke, believes it.

r17V6M8IMik

Jazz look to be a good up and coming team, but they are not ready for this.

100%duncan
04-28-2012, 12:54 AM
NR meant the way you said it

phyzik
04-28-2012, 01:08 AM
Often times its hard to take away how people "said" something on the internet, hence why I qualified the statement.

Can anyone legitamatley refute it? No, they cant... because thats exactly what is being said!

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2012, 01:12 AM
what for man, it be over in 4

100%duncan
04-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Often times its hard to take away how people "said" something on the internet, hence why I qualified the statement.

Can anyone legitamatley refute it? No, they cant... because thats exactly what is being said!

Hold on tough guy. Don't go bananas on me.

Legacy
04-28-2012, 01:46 AM
I like to talk trash. Therefore, I'm disqualified from this thread. Shucks. :depressed

100%duncan
04-28-2012, 01:51 AM
I like to talk trash. Therefore, I'm disqualified from this thread. Shucks. :depressed

Aren't you a girl?

TheSkeptic
04-28-2012, 01:58 AM
Aren't you a girl?

:lol What does being a girl have to do with it?

Legacy
04-28-2012, 02:01 AM
Aren't you a girl?

... Curse like a muthafucken' sailor. :hat

baseline bum
04-28-2012, 02:11 AM
On the flip side, the Jazz look like they could be a force in the west in a few years (if not less).

I know the media has run wild with this idea, but I don't see it. Millsap and Jefferson are both as good as they'll ever be, Harris has long since peaked and is on the decline, Kanter is an unknown, and Favors has yet to show any kind of all-star potential. Not sure I see it in Hayward either. They have lots of strong role players (with their top 4 players/prospects all at the PF), but I don't see the potential for a title contender in their future. Who is that one player who is going to be a matchup nightmare for the rest of the league? Utah's a pretty flawed team now and going forward. Nice frontcourt depth and all, but the only two teams in the West with the elite talent to be title contenders for the long haul are OKC and LAC.

Legacy
04-28-2012, 02:42 AM

No joke. Much respect to that statement right there. :toast

Carry on, everyone. :)

FkLA
04-28-2012, 04:32 AM
http://sfu2.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/mormons4.jpg

Sec24Row7
04-28-2012, 04:37 AM
I know the media has run wild with this idea, but I don't see it. Millsap and Jefferson are both as good as they'll ever be, Harris has long since peaked and is on the decline, Kanter is an unknown, and Favors has yet to show any kind of all-star potential. Not sure I see it in Hayward either. They have lots of strong role players (with their top 4 players/prospects all at the PF), but I don't see the potential for a title contender in their future. Who is that one player who is going to be a matchup nightmare for the rest of the league? Utah's a pretty flawed team now and going forward. Nice frontcourt depth and all, but the only two teams in the West with the elite talent to be title contenders for the long haul are OKC and LAC.

They don't play great team defense... and they can't score at will... I don't see it either... they have good young individual talent... but I don't know that they all fit together...

They need 1 or two more pieces... Jefferson is never going to be an anchor... I don't see how they get home court in the next few years... OKC, us, Lakers, Clippers, Memphis, Nuggets all have bright futures with the people that they have for at least 2 more years... You know the Mavs are going to be big in free agency... (as are the lakers regrettably) I don't see where they fit in.

spurraider21
04-28-2012, 05:02 AM
so this turned into the spurs bashing the jazz future

Sec24Row7
04-28-2012, 07:12 AM
so this turned into the spurs bashing the jazz future

No... I think they are a playoff team... but they need a superstar to tie everything together... they don't have one...

GSH
04-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Malone was better than Duncan and it's not even close. Also Stockton was hands down the best pure PG that ever played. We would have easily ringed if Jordan hadn't been allowed to push off Bryon Russell. Also having multiple wives is awesome and should be legal, the government is stupid for outlawing it.

/jazzfan

I can't believe I'm even responding to this comment but - if a whole seven game series came down to a single play, the Jazz weren't the better team.

Malone and Stockton played together for like 40 years. If they were really both the best at their position ever, they would have managed to get at least one ring along the way. You act like that one year was their only chance. They were both great players, but results speak louder than words. Tim and Tony have spoken all they need to on the subject.

And you should worry about finding one woman who would put up with your ass 24x7, before you even think about finding two.

tp2021
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
...Trolled by a non-troll comment

LkrFan
04-28-2012, 09:48 AM
http://sfu2.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/mormons4.jpg

:lmao

JazzFanz69
04-28-2012, 10:03 AM
How nice it is to be invited.

DPG21920
04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
How nice it is to be invited.

Like a vampire. You know the difference between a vampire and the jazz? Spurs fans are scared of vampires.

NRHector
04-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Like a vampire. You know the difference between a vampire and the jazz? Spurs fans are scared of vampires.

:lol

JazzFanz69
04-28-2012, 10:09 AM

Spurs are scared of mythological creatures? Do you read Twilight books? They are very nice and loving.

DPG21920
04-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Bump.

Farmer Tan
04-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Greetings all. Jazz fan here.
As a Jazz fan, I am excited to be back in the playoffs. However, I am super bummed to be playing the Spurs in the first round. I honestly think the Jazz could make a series interesting against ANY team in the west EXCEPT the Spurs. I fully expect the Spurs to win this series in 5, though a sweep wouldn't totally surprise me.

Having said that, I don't think this series is going to be as easy as many of you seem to think it will be. I think it will be a hard fought 4 or 5 games with the experience of the Spurs and Coach Pop being perhaps the best coach in the game being the X factor here.

The Jazz generally don't have an answer for Parker. However, if the Devin Harris of the last month shows up in the playoffs, it will make things more interesting in the PG battle.

Manu is the perennial Jazz killer and the Jazz simply cannot defend him on the perimeter.

Tim Duncan, good as he is, is not who scares me in this series.

It will be interesting to see how Corbin matches up against Pop. I expect Pop to take him to school.

Many of you underestimate the worth of Favors. The kid is a beast, and is only gonna get better. His interior defense is phenomenal, though his offensive game needs polishing. I expect him to have a rough series due to his youth and inexperience. He will commit some stupid fouls and limit his own playing time that way.

Hayward is a skinny choir boy white kid...but he is good. Don't underestimate his abilities and athleticism. But, again, he is young and inexperienced and that will show.

I am extremely happy and optimistic about the future of the Jazz, and I am excited to be in the playoffs. No better team to be schooled against than the best.

So, here's to a good series where my team will get beat in 5, but the growth and experience of going up against the best will prove to be invaluable down the road.

pgardn
04-28-2012, 02:02 PM
The Jazz fans are a huge factor in keeping their players playing and scaring the crap out of refs.

So I am most interested in the away games for us.

Jefferson has no fear of Duncan covering him. That has always been worrisome for me. Harris with Dallas used to have no fear of Parker, can a sense of that return or has Harris lost the jets...

Random thoughts to keep this thread going, and I thank the OP for starting it. Seems like a good idea if some sort of decorum is followed.

The TroutBum
04-28-2012, 11:19 PM
I liked the premise of this thread until it went down the shitter. Nice job, Spurs fan.

Anyhow, I think the Jazz will steal game one, but then give it right back in a disappointing home loss. Jazz in five though. Seriously.

I had to go delete a bunch of stuff I wrote because it's really hard not to be my obnoxious shit-talking self. I hate this thread.

Sense
04-29-2012, 01:30 AM
As a Jazz fan, I am excited to be back in the playoffs. However, I am super bummed to be playing the Spurs in the first round. I honestly think the Jazz could make a series interesting against ANY team in the west EXCEPT the Spurs. I fully expect the Spurs to win this series in 5, though a sweep wouldn't totally surprise me.

Having said that, I don't think this series is going to be as easy as many of you seem to think it will be. I think it will be a hard fought 4 or 5 games with the experience of the Spurs and Coach Pop being perhaps the best coach in the game being the X factor here.

The Jazz generally don't have an answer for Parker. However, if the Devin Harris of the last month shows up in the playoffs, it will make things more interesting in the PG battle.

Manu is the perennial Jazz killer and the Jazz simply cannot defend him on the perimeter.

It will be interesting to see how Corbin matches up against Pop. I expect Pop to take him to school.

Many of you underestimate the worth of Favors. The kid is a beast, and is only gonna get better. His interior defense is phenomenal, though his offensive game needs polishing. I expect him to have a rough series due to his youth and inexperience. He will commit some stupid fouls and limit his own playing time that way.

Hayward is a skinny choir boy white kid...but he is good. Don't underestimate his abilities and athleticism. But, again, he is young and inexperienced and that will show.

I am extremely happy and optimistic about the future of the Jazz, and I am excited to be in the playoffs. No better team to be schooled against than the best.

So, here's to a good series where my team will get beat in 5, but the growth and experience of going up against the best will prove to be invaluable down the road.

Spot on... tbh

I liked the premise of this thread until it went down the shitter. Nice job, Spurs fan.

Anyhow, I think the Jazz will steal game one, but then give it right back in a disappointing home loss. Jazz in five though. Seriously.

I had to go delete a bunch of stuff I wrote because it's really hard not to be my obnoxious shit-talking self. I hate this thread.

I just don't see the Spurs losing the first game, but they have proven a lot of times that they can rape a series even after losing the first game, so if it happens again.. while I will be in panic mode after the first game, I know this team has the experience and the brains to pull it out.

TE
04-29-2012, 01:32 AM

who the hell let you out of the mma forum?

Girasuck
04-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Any Jazz fan that attempts to trash talk is just plain stupid, minus Trout of course cause, well, he's an idiot.

cherylsteele
04-29-2012, 09:22 AM
I just hope the Spurs come out and take care of business, if they do, this will be short series, if they don't.....well I don't want to think about it. I think they will be very focused because of what happened last year in the first round.

SequSpur
04-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Fuck Utah.

Venti Quattro
04-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Fuck Utah.

They might produce a lot of babies.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Good luck in the playoffs, everyone!

Trainwreck2100
04-29-2012, 11:17 AM

I find your math impossible

The ADMIRAL 50
04-29-2012, 01:43 PM
I can't believe I'm even responding to this comment but - if a whole seven game series came down to a single play, the Jazz weren't the better team.

Malone and Stockton played together for like 40 years. If they were really both the best at their position ever, they would have managed to get at least one ring along the way. You act like that one year was their only chance. They were both great players, but results speak louder than words. Tim and Tony have spoken all they need to on the subject.

And you should worry about finding one woman who would put up with your ass 24x7, before you even think about finding two.

....I dont think he gets it..

The ADMIRAL 50
04-29-2012, 01:59 PM

:toast

Excellent points all around, and for the most part I agree with em all. Its nice to get the perspective of someone who has been following the team like we've been following the Spurs.

I agree that Favors is already a defensive presence, and he's obviously still a young guy, but right now I just see very little to get excited about offensively.

You're absolutely right about Hayward being deceptively athletic, deceptive because, ya know, he's white. He is definitely a player I can see getting better and better, unlike certain guys who you know can ever really be much more than they already are.