PDA

View Full Version : Calling out the whole city of San Antonio

baseline bum
06-22-2005, 03:05 AM
You guys suck at SBC. I'm watching game tape of game 6 of the 2003 Finals and the crowd is insane, even when New Jersey is controlling the game (which is most of the game). You disrespect fans like me who cheered himself hoarse in Hemisfair for teams that couldn't even make the playoffs, much less clinch a freaking title. Now you think you're Laker fan just because your boys have two banners up in the rafters? Don't tell me ABC doesn't mic the crowd... it sounded loud as hell in Detroit. Show me your there. Show the Pistons you're there.... but most of all, show the 12 men in white who're fighting for the pride of your freaking city.

People at the SBC Center make me sick. You suck. :flipoff

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 03:06 AM
Don't tell me ABC doesn't mic the crowd... it sounded loud as hell in Detroit.

The crowd is mic'd in Detroit. It's not mic'd in San Antonio. But you are right that the crowd was much quieter than in 2003.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 03:08 AM
The crowd is not quieter than in 2003.

I have the DVD and game 6 of the Finals sucked in terms of crowd volume. Only until the comeback did they make noise.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 03:09 AM
The crowd is not quieter than in 2003.

I have the DVD and game 6 of the Finals sucked in terms of crowd volume. Only until the comeback did they make noise.

Shut the hell up. I was at both games. LJ couldn't even hear me when I was screaming at the top of my lungs in his ear in Game 6 in 2003. Tonight's crowd was no where even close to that.

One day when you get off your fucking couch other than to take pictures of the freeway, you'll figure out some stuff on your own.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 03:13 AM
Yeah, it probably was loud as fuck during the comeback to win the title.

But title me it was as loud before that when both teams were struggling to score.

Tell me.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 03:14 AM
Yes it was loud the whole game.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 03:14 AM
No it wasn't.

BYW.. Check your PM's.

Kori Ellis
06-22-2005, 03:16 AM
Yes it was. I was there. It was loud for nearly the entire game. It was loud way before the comeback. It was loud when the Spurs were struggling.

Like I said when you go to a game, you can talk on the subject. Until then, hush.

T Park
06-22-2005, 03:17 AM
hmm believe someone that was at the game, or someone who has the DVD.

Dunno, i think im gonna side with the person AT the game.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-22-2005, 03:18 AM
hmm believe someone that was at the game, or someone who has the DVD.

Dunno, i think im gonna side with the person AT the game.

I thought I was on Ignore... hmmmm? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sense
06-22-2005, 04:09 AM
The crowd is mic'd in Detroit. It's not mic'd in San Antonio. But you are right that the crowd was much quieter than in 2003.

Sometimes I feel that the Spurs' own crowd freak them out..

Kinda sad.

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2005, 06:48 AM
One day when you get off your fucking couch other than to take pictures of the freeway, you'll figure out some stuff on your own.

OWNED!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/waydowntownbang/supermario.gif

SpursWoman
06-22-2005, 06:51 AM
I tried like hell last night....but the crowd SUCKED, for any game, much less a possible title-clinching one.

Fuck all of ya'll that sat on your asses. :flipoff

:depressed

GrandeDavid
06-22-2005, 07:09 AM
I was also disappointed in the crowd. When I attend playoff games I stand most of the game and I never stop yelling. Obviously many other people did that last night, but I agree, our crowd did not necessarily appear to give the Spurs any advantage. Disappointing night all around and in all facets.

Detroit, now that's a home crowd. And to think some San Antonio beat writing hack touring around Detroit on the expense account to write a crummy pre Game 3 article was belitting that city for their apparent lack of interest in the Piston's participation in the Finals.

I'm sure that guy left Game 3 deaf.

DaBigMotor
06-22-2005, 07:14 AM
We just LOVE how folks UNDERESTIMATE our sports passion here.

We can sell out Ford Field, East Lansing, and Ann Arbor all on the same football weekend.

The Detroit Tigers have drawn ONE MILLION FANS more consecutive seasons that ANY OTHER AL team....EVEN THE YANKEES.

And we've led the NBA in attendance for three straight years.....IN HOCKEYTOWN.

SpursWoman
06-22-2005, 07:18 AM
We just LOVE how folks UNDERESTIMATE our sports passion here.

We can sell out Ford Field, East Lansing, and Ann Arbor all on the same football weekend.

The Detroit Tigers have drawn ONE MILLION FANS more consecutive seasons that ANY OTHER AL team....EVEN THE YANKEES.

And we've led the NBA in attendance for three straight years.....IN HOCKEYTOWN.

Who is underestimating shit? I have season tickets....and I've heard the SBC crowd louder for a fucking Clippers game. This wasn't a thread about Detroit fans.

DaBigMotor
06-22-2005, 07:20 AM
I was responding to the post just before mine. What's with the nasty attitude?

Ginofan
06-22-2005, 07:22 AM
I was VERY dissapointed in my fellow fans last night. I stood the entire freaking game, screaming my ass off. While the retards in the section above me and practically everyone in my row (cept for the guys on either side of me) were sitting down and quiet as hell.

It's like because we have two titles, we're spoiled or something. I freaking HATE the crowd last night, if you were sitting on your ass you sure as hell didn't deserve to be there. I think even Spurschick got yelled at for standing up and cheering...and I heard some guy got stuff THROWN at him because he was standing up and cheering too loud. Cheering too loud?!? WTF is that?! San Antonio needs to get off it's lazy ass and freaking SHOW UP. It's the FINALS.

SpursWoman
06-22-2005, 07:23 AM
I was responding to the post just before mine. What's with the nasty attitude?

Game 7's suck. :)

NZHayden
06-22-2005, 07:26 AM
pretty intense in here, im on kori's side

Ginofan
06-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Grande let's keep in mind that the Palace holds a whopping 22,076 people while the SBC only holds 18,797. I don't think it's a question of how loud, but how intense the fans are. It's obvious to me that San Antonio just thinks a trophy is going to be handed to us and that as fans we don't have to help the team out. Well THINK AGAIN.

td4mvp21
06-22-2005, 07:30 AM
I was kind of surprised at how quiet it was. The refs made a lot of bad calls, you guys should have started a chant saying "Ref you suck". lol

Clandestino
06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
all the rich people in the lower levels just sit there and complain if you even sit up in your chair. makes me sick... oh well, there is now way to fix the problem..

spur219
06-22-2005, 08:45 AM
It was quite last night at the game. I really can't believe that the crowd wouldn't be loud the whole game. What happened to the 2003 crowd. Seriously the players feed off the fans and you guys need to show more emotion and yell your damn gut out all game long. I would give practically anything to be at a game. Especially in the Finals.

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Quit the bitching, it's time for you guys going to SBC on thursday to be louder than ever.

DO NOT COME HOME w/ YOUR VOICE!!!!!!

boutons
06-22-2005, 08:48 AM
The game was close all the way, biggest lead was the final difference. There were many ties, and close lead changes.

NO significant, convicing runs or leads by the Spurs (biggest lead: 3), and I can't remember any really dramatic, crowd-pumping plays by the Spurs. The Spurs were kinda flat and heartless and I think that infected the crowd.

angel_luv
06-22-2005, 09:13 AM
The atmosphere last night was less than stellar. I am only one person, but I did my best to make up the difference.

I was up in the Terrace Club, still on the clock, cheering like nobody's business. My boss told me to calm down. I didn't listen then and have no intention of behaving Thursday either!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; )

WOOOOOOOOOO! Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's with me?

nkdlunch
06-22-2005, 09:24 AM
How about they give free drinks to all, including children before the game. That should help.

DaBigMotor
06-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Game 7's suck. :)
There sure do, don't they? :lol

SpursWoman
06-06-2006, 03:55 PM
One hell of a foreshadowing, huh? :drunk

IX_Equilibrium
06-06-2006, 04:26 PM
You guys suck. You suck. :flipoff

Thanks for that.

http://www.bloodyknux.com/forum/images/smilies/knuxfavs/hitler.gif

MissAllThat
06-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow, why was this thread brought back?

angel_luv
06-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Ha ha ha! I had the same thought now as I did then.

Three cheers for consistency! :cheer

I can't hear you! :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
06-06-2006, 07:05 PM
*cough*

*edit*

Kori Ellis
06-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Umm... Look at the dates on posts. This isn't about this season's playoffs.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-06-2006, 07:07 PM

Iuno what you're talking about, dawg.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2006, 07:07 PM
This thread is from 2005.

angel_luv
06-06-2006, 07:08 PM

:lol I misread the dates. Geesh I really am consistent. hehe

Please_dont_ban_me
06-06-2006, 07:10 PM
*wonders who DaBigMotor actually is*

nbascribe
06-06-2006, 09:06 PM
You guys suck at SBC. I'm watching game tape of game 6 of the 2003 Finals and the crowd is insane, even when New Jersey is controlling the game (which is most of the game). You disrespect fans like me who cheered himself hoarse in Hemisfair for teams that couldn't even make the playoffs, much less clinch a freaking title. Now you think you're Laker fan just because your boys have two banners up in the rafters? Don't tell me ABC doesn't mic the crowd... it sounded loud as hell in Detroit. Show me your there. Show the Pistons you're there.... but most of all, show the 12 men in white who're fighting for the pride of your freaking city.

People at the SBC Center make me sick. You suck. :flipoff
What troll posted this shit???

Baseline bum? I doubt it. Because the baseline I know would have already silenced you for this bullshit. And why are we talking about something that is already in the history books.

Lookahere Basolinus Rejectus, 18,797 fans is loud as hell and it's the other way around on who should show who. The 12 guys in the white uniforms need to play hard for us so that we can cheer them on. When they don't play with heart and the fans know it, psychobabble bullshit ain't gonna win you a game. Somebody hit the damn eject button and send this thread to classics quick!!!

DaBigMotor
06-19-2006, 10:38 PM
*wonders who DaBigMotor actually is*Don't lose too much sleep, playa.