PDA

View Full Version : Rose torn ACL in left knee, out for playoffs (Edit: Confirmed)

sharkenleo
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Sucks to see this happen. Probably still beat the Sixers, but they get taken out by the Celtics in round 2.

On the bright side, we are guaranteed home court in the finals when and if they lose.

Confirmed.

GinobiliForTres
04-28-2012, 04:52 PM
NBCMiami or whatever reported this and retracted it. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

baseline bum
04-28-2012, 04:52 PM
The NBC6Miami source retracted that update.

timvp
04-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Local Miami news station attempting an anti-jinx?

Odd.

sharkenleo
04-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Rachel Nichols ‏ @Rachel__Nichols
Several reports saying Bulls Derrick Rose has torn ACL/MCL in left knee, will miss rest of playoffs. Team not confirmed yet...but not good

Venti Quattro
04-28-2012, 04:57 PM
false alarm. his status is still unknown

sharkenleo
04-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Steve Aschburner ‏ @AschNBA
TNT courtside camera picked up Derrick Rose telling Bulls trainer, "I felt something pop." Otherwise, still awaiting medical report at UC.

Mugen
04-28-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm more worried about LeBron, tbh.

Based on his reaction, he might have fractured his skull after that vicious Tyson Chandler screen.

Prayers for the Chosen One.

timvp
04-28-2012, 05:06 PM
If Rose has suffered a serious injury, that sucks for him and Bulls fans. The Bulls are by far the best defensive team in the league, IMO, and no player (outside of Karl Malone, tbh) or team deserves to see their chances end in that type of fashion. As Spurs fans know all too well . . .

td4mvp21
04-28-2012, 05:08 PM
I really hope it's nothing serious, but I doubt it. I was rooting for the Bulls to come out of the East.

Mugen
04-28-2012, 05:08 PM
If Rose has suffered a serious injury, that sucks for him and Bulls fans. The Bulls are by far the best defensive team in the league, IMO, and no player (outside of Karl Malone, tbh) or team deserves to see their chances end in that type of fashion. As Spurs fans know all too well . . .

Agreed but Thibbs didn't need to have Rose on the court when they're up by 14 with 2mins left in the game.

You're asking for something like to happen esp. when your franchise player has battled injuries all season long.

Sucks for the Bulls but they weren't getting past Miami with or without Rose.

sharkenleo
04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Agree timvp. All I could think when I heard the news is how I know how they must feel.

Mugen
04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
It's akin to playing Manu in a meaningless regular season game in Phoenix, tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Miami was/is going to win it all anyways

timvp
04-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Agreed but Thibbs didn't need to have Rose on the court when they're up by 14 with 2mins left in the game.

You're asking for something like to happen esp. when your franchise player has battled injuries all season long.
Tbh, while Thibbs is guilty of overplaying his players, I'm not sure I agree that was the case this time. The Bulls were only up by 12 points. In a playoff game, I'd bet Pop would keep his main players on the court if they're only up by 12. Maybe not in the regular season but in the playoffs, Pop probably wouldn't risk it.

And if Pop wouldn't risk it, there's no way paranoid Thibbs should be expected to risk it.

weebo
04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
You could see right after the replay Rose made no contact with any other Heat player which in itself is a bit alarming. It kinda looked like his knee buckled as he landed before he went back up. Best case scenario a hyperextension of the knee, worst case ligament damage.

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2012, 05:17 PM
whoever comes out the easts will be ready and for whoever comes out the hectic west schedule...

spurs need to finish 3 teams quick and come into the finals all juiced up

slick'81
04-28-2012, 05:20 PM
soo much for home court rumors r torn mcl/acl damn

Bruno
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Aside of the traditional, it sucks for Rose and Chicago, let's hope he is ok... It sucks too for Spurs.

If Spurs reach the final, I would way rather see them facing Bulls than Heat even without HCA. Spurs odds of beating Miami in a 7 game series even with HCA should be around 20%.

Keepin' it real
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM

Didn't this happen at the end of the regular season last year too? Rose went down with what appeared like a severe leg injury late in the 4th quarter of a game the Bulls had well in hand?

Anyway, I only watched a few minutes of today's game, during which Rose was playing, so I thought this was a BS post like the "Tony hurt his shoulder" post. Sucks to hear about Rose being injured. Hope it's not a ligament tear. Best wishes to the Bulls. :toast

Mugen
04-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Tbh, while Thibbs is guilty of overplaying his players, I'm not sure I agree that was the case this time. The Bulls were only up by 12 points. In a playoff game, I'd bet Pop would keep his main players on the court if they're only up by 12. Maybe not in the regular season but in the playoffs, Pop probably wouldn't risk it.

And if Pop wouldn't risk it, there's no way paranoid Thibbs should be expected to risk it.

Perhaps. I'd like to think that if the Spurs are up 16 with under 3mins left and 14 with under 2mins left that Pop wouldnt have any of the Big 3 out there. Especially when both the Spurs and Bulls have the deepest teams in the league and have benches capable of putting away a team in garbage time.

The game was over early in the 4th tbh. Anybody watching knew there was no way Philly comes back from 16 down with 3 mins left.

Oh well, this shit happens.

mVp
04-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Aside of the traditional, it sucks for Rose and Chicago, let's hope he is ok... It sucks too for Spurs.

If Spurs reach the final, I would way rather see them facing Bulls than Heat even without HCA. Spurs odds of beating Miami in a 7 game series even with HCA should be around 20%.

fuk your odds clown

baseline bum
04-28-2012, 05:24 PM
If he heard a pop then it's 100% season over.

slick'81
04-28-2012, 05:26 PM

no dobut id rather play bulls than miami but fck being scared of miami

Mugen

This. I would have much rather faced the Bulls with one banged up superstar even without HCA.

Rather than a Miami team with two supersuperstars and the best perimeter defense in the league.

Lebron's ability to choke in the Finals is the X-factor tho.

mVp
Chicago Bulls PR ‏ @ChicagoBulls_PR Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Rose Injury Update: Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose tore his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and he's out for the remainder of the season.

slick'81
04-28-2012, 05:27 PM
dun dun dun

ace3g
04-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo

Close

Bulls announce Derrick Rose tore his ACL and is out for the season.

--

This sucks and completely changes the landscape of the playoffs.

ace3g
04-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo

Close

Bulls announce Derrick Rose tore his ACL and is out for the season.

--

This sucks and completely changes the landscape of the playoffs.

Manu-20
04-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Torn left ACL for Rose. This from Bulls PR

Robz4000
04-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Bulls have just become possible second-round fodder. Now it'll be between the Heat and Celtics out East.

Mugen
04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Stay healthy, San Antonio.

slick'81
lebron just cashed in his finals ticket

shyne
That sucks, and fuck those piece of shits in Miami

Venti Quattro
04-28-2012, 05:31 PM
confirmed: http://twitter.com/#!/ChicagoBulls_PR/status/196364325521334272

spursfanincolorado
fuk your odds clown

Official - Rose out for the playoffs.

sharkenleo
WTF is everybody so scared of Miami for? Yes they a good team that plays great defense at times but damn, we are a damn good team as well. If Dallas took them out last year, why can't we? We are shooting just as well as Mavs were in the playoffs last year.

shyne
04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
WTF is everybody so scared of Miami for? Yes they a good team that plays great defense at times but damn, we are a damn good team as well. If Dallas took them out last year, why can't we? We are shooting just as well as Mavs were in the playoffs last year.

Because your not allowed to touch them

Robz4000
double post

Robz4000
Mostly due to the whistle

therealtruth
If he heard a pop then it's 100% season over.

I agree.

The Spurs actually probably have a better chance against the Heat than the Bulls. The Bulls defense will destroy their offensive flow. The Heat on the other hand have zero inside presence.

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Really sucks for the Bulls and for basketball.

Bad day for knees -- as bad as Rose's looked, Shumpert's actually looked even worse.

Manu-20
04-28-2012, 05:35 PM
I agree.

The Spurs actually probably have a better chance against the Heat than the Bulls. The Bulls defense will destroy their offensive flow. The Heat on the other hand have zero inside presence.
You hit the nail on the head right there thats one of the reason I like the spurs chances against the heat they have no shotblockers for ginobili or parker or even some of or other players who can go inside and play.

Keepin' it real
04-28-2012, 05:36 PM
I welcome the opportunity to do to Miami what the Mavs did last year, but to do it even better!

timvp
04-28-2012, 05:36 PM
The Heat now have the world's easiest road to the Finals.

Knicks -> Pacers -> Celtics or Rose-less Bulls

Tbh, I'm not sure anyone outside of the Heat or Bulls makes the playoffs in the West . . .

MmP
04-28-2012, 05:37 PM
This sucks for rose and bulls tbh, damn

Sec24Row7
04-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Yuck that sucks for Chicago..

tesseractive
04-28-2012, 05:40 PM

Tbh, I'm not sure anyone outside of the Heat or Bulls makes the playoffs in the West . . .

I think the Celtics would slip in Dallas-style and be one of those veteran first-round draws that none of the high seeds want to play. Pacers are probably a notch below the Jazz.

Arcadian
04-28-2012, 05:42 PM
This is great news for Spurs fans. It means the Bulls are not making the Finals, and the Spurs would have home court against every other team; therefore, if the Spurs make the Finals, they will have home court. Yay.

tesseractive
04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
You hit the nail on the head right there thats one of the reason I like the spurs chances against the heat they have no shotblockers for ginobili or parker or even some of or other players who can go inside and play.

It sure would be nice if we had an elite perimeter defender, though. Danny and Kawhi are sound defenders, but I don't know that they're ready for 7 games of LeBron and Wade.

Andthentherewas21
04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Good news out of all of this, if there is any, is that the Bulls have played half the season without him already so the chemistry with the other guys should be there with John Lucas III. Definitely lowers there chances though.

Too early to start the official "Rooting for the Pacers in the 2nd Round" thread yet?

LoneStarState'sPride
04-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Damn that sucks for Chicago. All that work to get the #1 overall seed only to have your main man get hurt the first game? Damn...........

pjjrfan
04-28-2012, 05:46 PM
It's akin to playing Manu in a meaningless regular season game in Phoenix, tbh.

YOu got that right. Especially after he had sat him in the previous game.
I remember when I tore my ACL I jumped up on a dock, and I felt that pop and pain when I landed on my left knee. But I had a bad right knee and my left knee was compensating for that and IMO that's what might have caused Rose's injury, compensating for some of the other ailments that he has.

justinandimcool
04-28-2012, 05:47 PM

Celts own the Heat this season, tbh

TampaDude
Sucks for Rose...he's a baller.

Miami is a lock for the Finals now.

Spurs over Heat in 6. Book it.

Manu-20
It sure would be nice if we had an elite perimeter defender, though. Danny and Kawhi are sound defenders, but I don't know that they're ready for 7 games of LeBron and Wade.
Ginobili and Jackson should be able to handle the fort agaisnt them but I have faith in Danny and kawhi to do a decent job on those guys.

T Park
Rose seems like a good kid so it seems like a tough break.

IMO? He seems to be getting a reputation for being injury prone. Am I wrong it seems every day since his rookie year hes had some sort of injury that has kept him out at certain amounts of time?

T Park
04-28-2012, 05:49 PM
This also really seems to be going like the 2003 playoffs.

Lots of superstars getting injuries. Paul with the groin, Rose the ACL. Randolph seemingly still bothered by the knee.

Keepin' it real
04-28-2012, 05:54 PM
i guess playing all your starters to the end came back to bite Tom. 1 overall seed must seem like a trivial thing right about now.

:wakeup

Pocket Hippo
04-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Poor Rose :(
The dude was just cursed this year, he needs to go down to New Orleans and get that bad joo joo removed.
I really like the Bulls and their playstyle but they have no shot now.

I expect Heat vs Celtics in ECF. It will be a great series, but I don't know if the Celtics have the firepower to put up the points needed for four wins but hopefully Lechoke will help them out a bit.

Jimcs50
04-28-2012, 06:00 PM

Indy has good chance to beat Miami. At the very least, they can extend series to 6-7 games. I've watched them this year, and I am very impressed.

I bet some $$$ on them to win East 2 weeks ago, and I got great odds, but my odds just got even better.

:toast

T Park
04-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Boston for some reason matches up well with Miami. They don't just beat Miami, they blow the crap out of them. So who knows. That said, Miami has an easy hardly contested cake walk to the Finals.

Dingle Barry
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM

IMO? He seems to be getting a reputation for being injury prone. Am I wrong it seems every day since his rookie year hes had some sort of injury that has kept him out at certain amounts of time?

Astute observation there.

PublicOption
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
I was looking forward to seeing Tony Parker destroy his ass in the finals. He destroyed himself instead.

Bruno
04-28-2012, 06:11 PM
The problem with Celtics is that Ray Allen has an injured ankle.

Spurtacus
04-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Bulls are a resilient team and were still one of the best this season without Rose. They have enough talent to make the ECF but Heat will take it. Hopefully the Rose-less Bulls can push them 7 games and beat em up on the inside.

DAF86
04-28-2012, 06:16 PM
What? So players can get injured in the playoffs too? I thought that only hapened in the regular season.

Horse
04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
When they do lose every jerkoff in the media will say "oh but rose was hurt". While they always say we just lost to memphis.

MoSpur
04-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Is the NBA's 66 games w/no training camp have to do with these injuries? I tore my left ACL a couple of years ago playing ball? I've always wondered can that injury be prevented or are they bound to happen because the ACL in particular people are just not strong? Like for example, if Rose wouldnt have been playing late in the 4th then he wouldnt have tore it tonight. However, would it have happened in the next game? Anyone really know about this?

angelbelow
04-28-2012, 06:24 PM
This may come off as callous, but it looks like the Spurs just caught a break. The Bulls were one of the more fearsome teams to play on the path to a championship. And the Spurs will likely hold onto home court advantage through-out the playoffs. There is no doubt that the Spurs are legit contenders but we definitely need a little bit of luck to win it all this year - and this definitely helps.

Hope Rose makes a speedy and healthy recover, always sucks to have your best play go down before or during the playoffs. Still, I think this shows the importance of being in game shape before pushing it too hard.

foodie2
04-28-2012, 06:26 PM

Starting to remind me of Grant Hill--lots of hype but can't stay healthy.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow, in addition to JR Smith and the NBA referees, the Heat apparently have the basketball gods on their side as well.

Wild Cobra Kai
04-28-2012, 06:28 PM

Miami was terrifying in February, then people figured out that their defense played their men "too high" to go for steals and fast breaks, and they became very vulnerable to baseline and back door cuts. Once they had to account for that, their break almost ground to a halt, and they became and average half court offense. I was far more afraid of Chicago's big man rotation and Rose than I was of the Superfriends.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Starting to remind me of Grant Hill--lots of hype but can't stay healthy.

Grant Hill carried the Pistons through most of a playoff series on a seriously injured ankle and ground it into powder even though he was a free agent.

Obstructed_View
04-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Is the NBA's 66 games w/no training camp have to do with these injuries? I tore my left ACL a couple of years ago playing ball? I've always wondered can that injury be prevented or are they bound to happen because the ACL in particular people are just not strong? Like for example, if Rose wouldnt have been playing late in the 4th then he wouldnt have tore it tonight. However, would it have happened in the next game? Anyone really know about this?

ACLs don't wear down like a fan belt.

angelbelow
04-28-2012, 06:31 PM

I remember watching his games from his rookie or 2nd year. They did a profile on him and it was revealed that he doesn't really take his diet too seriously. For example, he eats a lot of candy, skips meals, and has an overall unhealthy diet.

Nowadays, his diet could be top notch and his mentality could have matured into some who is very disciplined. But IMO, diet, health, and strength go hand in hand in hand. So if his diet still sucks and since he hasn't really played as much this season to be in top notch shape, then those could have been contributing factors to an injury like this.

T Park
04-28-2012, 06:34 PM
I remember watching his games from his rookie or 2nd year. They did a profile on him and it was revealed that he doesn't really take his diet too seriously. For example, he eats a lot of candy, skips meals, and has an overall unhealthy diet.

Nowadays, his diet could be top notch and his mentality could have matured into some who is very disciplined. But IMO, diet, health, and strength go hand in hand in hand. So if his diet still sucks and since he hasn't really played as much this season to be in top notch shape, then those could have been contributing factors to an injury like this.

Yeah speaking from experience, that 100% contributed to my downfall as well.

Eat your asparagus kids.

If thats true thats pretty amazing Thibs or someone in the bulls hasnt yanked him aside and read him the riot act.

MannyIsGod
04-28-2012, 06:34 PM
This just sucks. Hate to see the best players in the league suffer career altering injuries.

MoSpur
04-28-2012, 06:39 PM
ACLs don't wear down like a fan belt.

Got it. Thanks. I always wondered. So if I wouldn't have pumped faked like Malik Rose, I'd still have a normal ACL. Sux!!!

Richie
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Anyone else fancy Celtics in the east now? I didn't think they could beat the bulls but I see them beating the heat

sharkenleo
04-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Anyone else fancy Chicago in the east now? I didn't think they could beat the bulls but I see them beating the heat

:bang

letmk
04-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I know little about sports science, and incidents happen. However, watching Rose play, I feel he was trying a little bit too hard to over-compensate his missing time.

Richie
04-28-2012, 06:56 PM
:bang

Haha oops, edited

Spurs and Mavs fan
04-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Spurs odds of beating Miami in a 7 game series even with HCA should be around 20%.

You think Miami has an 80% likelihood of defeating San Antonio in the event of a Spurs-Heat Finals this year???

Spurtacus
04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Rose looking at a minimum of 6 months rehab. 6 months from now is start of 12/13 season. He won't be anywhere close to playing Rose like next season.

Manudona
04-28-2012, 07:36 PM
You could see right after the replay Rose made no contact with any other Heat player which in itself is a bit alarming.

That would've been a mighty hyper-extension!

DMC
04-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Sucks for that team and for that young man. I hope he has a speedy, full recovery. They were going along great tbh. Who knows, they still might make it.

The TroutBum
04-28-2012, 07:46 PM

Go fuck yourself, Clown Shoes.

Just kidding, I hate Malone too, but I must trash talk since we're going to ass rape you bitches over the next two weeks.

PublicOption
04-28-2012, 07:54 PM
The way Westbrook plays I wouldn't doubt if he's next.

AnthonyM
04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure that I'd quite call Rose injury-prone yet. Prior to this season he had only missed a total of four games over his 3-year career.

This season was his first season with injuries that caused him to miss extended time. He missed 27 games. The only reason I can see some people calling him injury-prone is because he missed those game due to different injuries this year. And of course, now the ACL injury.

Still, don't think I'd say he's injury-prone, at least not based on his NBA career before the 2011-12 season.

ducks
04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm more worried about LeBron, tbh.

Based on his reaction, he might have fractured his skull after that vicious Tyson Chandler screen.

Prayers for the Chosen One.

james is a FUCKING JOKE

emanueldavidginobili
04-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I honestly think with a healthy Rose they beat the heat, especially with Rip playing good...They move the ball excellent just like the Spurs, and the Bulls are easily the best defensive team...Boozer and Noah are problems in the paint and Deng is really really underrated the guy can ball, and then they have Gibson Asik Korver Brewer and Watson coming off the bench...The Bulls are stacked and I think they could have won a championship this year with a healthy Rose but that being said they dont get past boston...if Ray Ray can get healthy I think they give Miami a RUN for their money, Rondo creates so much problems...Imagine a Celtics/Spurs finals matchup wow

ducks
04-28-2012, 07:59 PM

spurs make it that fall heat will not be tested spurs would be
heat should win those series easily in 5 games

letmk
04-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I won't know about playing against Heat, but I'd still bet on Bulls against Celtics. Thibodeau is that good.

TD 21
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Thibodeau is either the second or third best coach in the league, but he unnecessarily runs his players into the ground. It almost cost them last season, when Rose twisted his ankle in the final minute, with the result already decided, against either the Pacers or Hawks (can't remember which). And this time it obviously cost them. I agree with Johnson, that it was probably bound to happen to him anyway (that many injuries in that short a time, he was probably overcompensating for something each time back and then throw in his explosiveness and the way he contorts himself on his drives), but at least they could have held it off and lessened the chances.

I know the 76ers had damn near halved the lead and they didn't want them going into game two feeling good about themselves. But you know what? That's nonsense. As if the 76ers were seriously going to challenge, let alone beat them, in this series. Thibodeau should have had them do what Pop would have, which was call for an intentional foul to get his starters out. Not even key subs should be in in that situation. Lucas, James, Brewer or Korver, Butler and Asik, should have closed it out.

That being said, I still wouldn't be shocked if this team not only still got to the Conference Finals, but gave the Heat a series.

spursfan1000
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
When I found out he tore his ACL, it was a very big dissapointment. I was hoping Bulls would take out Heat, but Bring em Heat on, Spurs got this!

GrandeDavid
04-28-2012, 08:05 PM
The problem with Celtics is that Ray Allen has an injured ankle.

The problem with Ray Allen is that he has an injured number called his age!

GrandeDavid
04-28-2012, 08:06 PM
When I found out he tore his ACL, it was a very big dissapointment. I was hoping Bulls would take out Heat, but Bring em Heat on, Spurs got this!

The Spurs are nowhere near the Finals. Long way to go.

emanueldavidginobili
04-28-2012, 08:06 PM
The way Westbrook plays I wouldn't doubt if he's next.

Westbrook plays so off the walls and its crazy because remarkably throughout his 4 years in HS 2 years at UCLA and 3 years in the NBA he hasnt missed a SINGLE game..9 years of playing like he does and hasnt missed a game is pretty damn impressive

DMC
04-28-2012, 08:09 PM
james is a FUCKING JOKE

After this year, he could be Finals MVP Joke.

spursfan1000
04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
The Spurs are nowhere near the Finals. Long way to go.

I am very confident with this years team, so im counting on them to make the finals. But yes there is a long way to go.

Pocket Hippo
04-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Spoelstra is begging for this to happen to one of his meal-tickets. He had Lebron in when they were up by 30 points in the third...
Pop is COTY for a reason, coaching is more than x's and o's

Obstructed_View
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Got it. Thanks. I always wondered. So if I wouldn't have pumped faked like Malik Rose, I'd still have a normal ACL. Sux!!!

Pretty much. Unfortunately, all it takes is an awkward landing or plant to go from 100 percent to zero.

Budkin
04-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Man that fucking sucks!

ginobili fan
04-28-2012, 08:47 PM
So sad ...
I hate eastern conference hate Miami , Boston the only team I would have liked the Spurs to matchup was Chicago...
That sucks

timvp
04-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Indy has good chance to beat Miami. At the very least, they can extend series to 6-7 games. I've watched them this year, and I am very impressed.

I bet some $$$ on them to win East 2 weeks ago, and I got great odds, but my odds just got even better.

:toast

:wakeup

SpurSwag
04-28-2012, 09:56 PM
That's a real shame, I really hope this doesn't ail him going forward. He's really something special

Yorae
04-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Rose should get Blair's "Lolololol, I got no acl!" manual....

Jess
04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
He relies so much on his physicality; I would hate to think we have seen the best of Derrick Rose already.

It's a possibility though. So often guys don't come back from these the same. Hit/miss.

Edit - Good for the Spurs but as a basketball player and overall fan I hate it.

Andthentherewas21
04-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Really sucks that he was looking forward to the Olympics this year. One of the few players out there that would have just loved it for being there and representing the US instead of bitching about how they aren't getting paid.

Brutalis
04-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Now LeBron and the Heat get a free pass to the Finals. This time when he loses, it'll be because he had no real competition in the East and he's still just not clutch.

GSH
04-28-2012, 11:33 PM
For leaving Rose in, Thibs should be DQ'd from consideration for COTY. For trying to justify it in the post-game, he should be DQ'd for next year.

SpurSwag
04-29-2012, 01:04 AM
For leaving Rose in, Thibs should be DQ'd from consideration for COTY. For trying to justify it in the post-game, he should be DQ'd for next year.

I'd agree if that was in the regular season, but Philly was going on a nice run. Odds are Chicago would have won that game whether Rose stayed in or not, but still, it's the playoffs. I think at least one of the big 3 would have still been in in that circumstance if it was the spurs tbh

racm
04-29-2012, 01:04 AM

Rose is a 1, not an undersized 4/5. He needs his knees more.

Thibs overworks his teams in the regular season and thus the Bulls are gassed by the playoffs. He has nothing on Pop's masterful minutes management.

ElNono
04-29-2012, 01:06 AM
poor kid... you have to wonder if he'll ever be the same... hope he recovers...

With so many phony 'stars' in the league, it just plain sucks it had to be him getting hurt like that.

vma16
04-29-2012, 01:14 AM

F***ing LOL.....

I really feel bad for rose though

TheSkeptic
04-29-2012, 01:29 AM

With so many phony 'stars' in the league, it just plain sucks it had to be him getting hurt like that.

Actually, I liked Rose better when he wasn't talking much to the media. He's been grating on me quite a bit this year although I do still think he's better than the likes of Lebron and company.

That said, I do hope he recovers as well. I know I was expecting him to get injured but...yikes. Hopefully the long rest will allow his body to recover but I'm actually not sure that he'll come back the same. I was watching a Bulls game fairly recently and I could see even then that Rose wasn't looking right. I think he'll have to adapt his game a bit when he gets back.

therealtruth
04-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Spoelstra is begging for this to happen to one of his meal-tickets. He had Lebron in when they were up by 30 points in the third...
Pop is COTY for a reason, coaching is more than x's and o's

Phil Jackson used to do the same thing with Jordan and Pippen.

therealtruth
04-29-2012, 01:40 AM

Yeah I can't imagine he'll be the same. His game is based on explosiveness and planting and that's where the ACL comes in. He's going to have overcome a mental hurdle to be able to believe he can still play the same way without risking injury.

MannyIsGod
04-29-2012, 02:24 AM
Douchebag alert.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nike-designer-injured-derrick-rose-adidas-man-chose-040710618.html

racm
04-29-2012, 03:45 AM

One hopes he doesn't become Brandon Roy.

100%duncan
04-29-2012, 04:00 AM
I think Bulls can still win against the Celtics in a 7th game. The Philly series they will win in 5 tbh.