PDA

View Full Version : In your final moments of your life...

silverblk mystix
04-29-2012, 10:52 AM
do you want to be conscious?
Do you hope that you are conscious and able to sense or distinguish that you are leaving soon?

Do you hope to be unconscious and just die without recognizing the final moments? Or maybe unconscious just so you won't feel pain?

I remember a thread where some people had near-death experiences and it was very interesting and I was wondering what they were thinking right at the final moment.

I won't bore you with the whole details, but I was once really near and I remember the last minute or so;

My wife was holding me and begging me to breathe and I was unable to breathe-I was basically suffocating and I would catch a breath and then start wheezing again trying to let air in my lungs but I could not. In the final minute I remember as she was holding me and telling me the paramedics were enroute and pleading for me to breathe and I just kept falling back and my eyes were rolling back (or so that's what it felt like-I couldn't see myself) and I distinctly remember thinking;

This is it. If I had millions or billions right now I would spend it all on some air. It would do me no good to have all that money because I can't buy a fucking single second of breathing. I fell back and my wife screamed (she wasn't even my wife back then) and then suddenly I caught a beautiful full breath of air. I started breathing and couldn't get enough. It was the most beautiful thing in the world to me. Just to breathe normally.

Once in a while I remember and I appreciate the luxury of just being able to breathe.

So, would you rather be conscious? Unconscious? Unaware?

CosmicCowboy
04-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I want to go like Grandpa peacefully in my sleep.

Not like Grandma and Uncle Ned screaming as the car hit the wall.

silverblk mystix
04-29-2012, 11:28 AM
I want to go like Grandpa peacefully in my sleep.

Not like Grandma and Uncle Ned screaming as the car hit the wall.

:lol

I heard another version;

I want to go peacefully in my sleep like grandpa;

unlike the other 40 people screaming as the bus he was driving went off the cliff.

Frenzy
04-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah going in your sleep is probably the best. My gramps died in his sleep. My grandmother told us he was outside smoking a cig and having a beer. Came in the house and said "I'm really tired, I'm turning in early,love you" never woke up. Pretty bad ass.

silverblk mystix
04-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Yeah going in your sleep is probably the best. My gramps died in his sleep. My grandmother told us he was outside smoking a cig and having a beer. Came in the house and said "I'm really tired, I'm turning in early,love you" never woke up. Pretty bad ass.

If suffering is what you'd hope to avoid, then I agree.

Is there value in being aware that you are leaving? I don't know.

Someone else has to have an opinion on this.

BlackSwordsMan
04-29-2012, 12:14 PM
I've actually thought about this. I think dying in your sleep would suck it'd be like turning off a computer in a way and you won't know you're dead/dying. I think I want to die while awake

silverblk mystix
04-29-2012, 01:15 PM
I've actually thought about this. I think dying in your sleep would suck it'd be like turning off a computer in a way and you won't know you're dead/dying. I think I want to die while awake

Agreed.

It just seems like such a shame that you are leaving for good and if you are asleep or unconscious you will miss the final moments.

Is it worth the pain or sadness to be conscious?

If you are able to say goodbye to someone is it worth it to be conscious?

RaZon
04-29-2012, 01:19 PM
No way I want to know I'm in the process of dying. Waiting around to die....whoa!!! I don't want to know about my final moments.

Imagine you are in a car wreck late at night, so there you lay your chest crushed, blood all over the place as you lay there knowing you are a goner.

shyne
04-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Anyone read that book heaven is for real? I'm halfway through, it's pretty crazy.

MavDynasty
04-29-2012, 03:13 PM
good to see you caught that breath and now you can support your wife as a prison guard. She must be so proud tbh :tu

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 03:32 PM
^can you support your gf as a chink dry cleaner, scro?

DeadlyDynasty
04-29-2012, 03:35 PM
chink dry cleaner

redundant imo

silverblk mystix
04-29-2012, 03:45 PM
redundant imo

MavDynasty
04-29-2012, 03:52 PM
^can you support your gf as a chink dry cleaner, scro?

lol luckily girls my age don't ask for shit like diamond rings yet

9/hour + tips gets the job done :lol

I guess if I was desperate for more money I could pick up shifts at olive garden again :lol

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 03:56 PM
fuck working in food service. ive always refused and never ever will. i'd rather do anything else.

MavDynasty
04-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Yea food sucks but getting a waiter job at a good place like cheese cake or OG will make bank

Back at OG I was makin like 110 a night average

silverblk mystix
04-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Yea food sucks but getting a waiter job at a good place like cheese cake or OG will make bank

Back at OG I was makin like 110 a night average

Very respectable and prestigious waiting tables...now I see why you look down on others chosen professions.

lol 110 a night

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 04:19 PM
^he's an 18 year old kid :rolleyes

MavDynasty
04-29-2012, 04:21 PM
yeah cause an 18 year old in his 2nd college semester is gonna get a legit profession somewhere right faggot? Lol all I know is I'm not going to settle for a shitty jail guard job after college and be a failure like yourself.

Getting an internship in the summer in the IT department at Verizon this summer. 17$ an hour. Hopefully it'll be a start to somewhere... :lol jail guard

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Very respectable and prestigious waiting tables...now I see why you look down on others chosen professions.

lol 110 a night

At least he's not searching guys' assholes and gooches for 12 hours a day

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 04:31 PM
yeah cause an 18 year old in his 2nd college semester is gonna get a legit profession somewhere right faggot? Lol all I know is I'm not going to settle for a shitty jail guard job after college and be a failure like yourself.

Getting an internship in the summer in the IT department at Verizon this summer. 17$ an hour. Hopefully it'll be a start to somewhere... :lol jail guard

how'd you land that scrah

MavDynasty
04-29-2012, 05:03 PM
how'd you land that scrah

Opening came up in the summer and a neighbor hooked me up. It's only for July/August tho

Jeff Leppard
04-29-2012, 11:19 PM
I almost died once when i was high on coke and performing auto-erotic asphyxiation on myself. I saw a fantasy world with unicorns and dragons and goat dudes and shit. Then I saw this elf chick with big jugs floating toward me. She looked like the blonde chick from Heart. I still had an erection…you know…from jerkin' it. Anyway, she starts blowing me it was awesome. She knew all the tricks. Deep throating, tongue twirling, shaft strokin', ball fondling…I think at one point she had her finger in my asshole…Then, all of a sudden, I'm back in my closet with a belt around my neck and my roommate is holding my legs up. So, I finally get down and and dude has this silly ass grin on his face and I realize…He was the one blowin' me. So, I kicked him in the balls as hard as I could. What a homo.

BRHornet45
04-30-2012, 01:40 AM
go out like a pimp

voOuBn8OeLY

Halberto
04-30-2012, 02:31 AM
I want to be conscious, but I want it to be quick.

My friends grandpa knew he was going to die. He asked for a pan of brownies, ate the whole batch and died shortly after. That's just awesome.

Wild Cobra
04-30-2012, 03:02 AM
I don't think about dying. I will think about such things as I get closer. I can tell you this, I'm not afraid to die. I have no doubt that we are a spiritual being. I'm real curious as to what really is next, but in no hurry to get there either. I'll take my time here in this weird weird world.

Halberto
04-30-2012, 03:05 AM
^Why are we spiritual beings, but not dogs and cats? People have no problem imagining life is done for animals but can't fathom the same for themselves.

Wild Cobra
04-30-2012, 04:05 AM
^Why are we spiritual beings, but not dogs and cats? People have no problem imagining life is done for animals but can't fathom the same for themselves.
Maybe they are spiritual. I haven't a clue. I just know from actually having a spiritual experience that we are more than flesh.

Halberto
04-30-2012, 04:29 AM
Acid?

JoeChalupa
04-30-2012, 09:10 AM
I'd like to go in my sleep or just peacefully drift off.

clambake
04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
air is so underrated.