PDA

View Full Version : is anyone truly sad about gangbangers injury?

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 06:23 PM
usually, whenever a player gets injured i feel genuinely bad for them. but in this case, knowing he cheated his SAT's and gang banged before coming into the nba and getting paid millions to play a kid's game, I just can't seem to have much sympathy for him. basketball has enabled him to earn millions of dollars when he would have otherwise probably been shot by now. what are your honest thoughts?

D-Wade #3
04-29-2012, 06:26 PM
You'd be pissed if Dirk go hurt and everyone laughed.

baseline bum
04-29-2012, 06:29 PM
If I can enjoy watching one rapist and cheering for another one, I can tune in for a gangbanger who cheated on his SATs. I'm pouring out my 40 for the memory of DRose's career. :depressed

Brazil
04-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Im trully sad about rose injury

It sucks for the Bulls and for the POs

m>s
04-29-2012, 06:30 PM
just gotta be an elite tbh, i mean if you can do crimes to an elite level your getting rich as FUCK too

baseline bum
04-29-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm also sad that the Heat now have a cakewalk to the LOB not seen since the 2009 Lakers.

pass1st
04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, it's sad. He's a gifted athlete with little in the way of skill.

After he recovers he will be an above average athlete with little skill.

It's sad watching the future of a franchise go down the train that fast, even if he robbed 7-11s instead of studying for his SATs. Basketball is all he has and now, well, I hope he's good with his money because he won't get as much of it throughout his career than he was expecting.

ginobili's bald spot
04-29-2012, 06:33 PM
tbh I am. I like Rose.

That being said, the trolling you guys did last night was some of the funniest shit I've seen on spurstalk in a long time. Props to everyone involved in that.

Dex
04-29-2012, 06:34 PM
It's unfortunate, but after the way he was in & out this season, I am not at all surprised.

pass1st
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
How good is Rose's work ethic anyways? I always assumed he worked hard to stay healthy, but now I wonder

ElNono
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm sad... then again I'm just a classy spursfan :cry

ElNono
04-29-2012, 06:39 PM
How good is Rose's work ethic anyways? I always assumed he worked hard to stay healthy, but now I wonder

:lol

mavsfan1000
Fuck you OP.

lurker
Who cares about his SATs? He left without a degree so it doesn't matter.

mavs>spurs
You'd be pissed if Dirk go hurt and everyone laughed.

dirk doesn't gang bang he's a good guy. there aren't many players in the nba whom i WOULDN'T feel sorry for if they got hurt, gangbanger and friend killer are probably the only 2 i can think of.

for instance, take a guy like wade who i don't really like because he's a douchebag. i still wouldn't want to see him get hurt.

baseline bum
04-29-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm sad... then again I'm just a classy spursfan :cry

You're the classiest Nazi sympathiser I have ever known. :cry Maybe Goebbels and Himmer were just misunderstood tbh.

ElNono
04-29-2012, 06:41 PM
actually, Knicksfan would be thrilled if friend-killer would blow his acls

ElNono
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
You're the classiest Nazi sympathiser I have ever known. :cry Maybe Goebbels and Himmer were just misunderstood tbh.

cum shield got mad and my buddies had to leave me alone :cry

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I hope he's good with his money because he won't get as much of it throughout his career than he was expecting.

this is why i can't feel bad for him. he's made more at 23 than most of us will ever see in a lifetime, and a lot more than he would have made gangbanging. that's why i can't seem to feel too sorry for him. sometimes bad people like rose get lucky and strike it rich, he shouldn't have to worry about money ever again for the rest of his life unless he's just stupid with his money, which would be his own fault.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-29-2012, 06:46 PM
It sucks competition-wise for the playoffs, but I couldn't care less about his career.

Technique
1. No more Rose in 2k12 (fun player)
2. Potentially ruined superstar career. When is that ever good?
3. SAT and gangbanger jokes were never funny and are played out at this point.
4. Heat have an easier path to the finals than ever before.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Fuck you OP.

There's a surprise:lol

mavsfan1000
04-29-2012, 06:47 PM
That's one thing I would never stoop to. Being happy that someone gets a career altering injury. Though it was funny seeing Wade in the wheelchair. That was an exception but he recovered fine. This injury is more serious.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM

how are they jokes whenever they are true?

m>s
04-29-2012, 06:48 PM
another #1 draft flop im telling yall. nigga looked tough as FUCK in his first years but he already had potential injuries in almost all his joints, he's already worn out his body and as soon as he signs a big lucrative extension with them bulls, he is down immediately. kinda like that 7-6 big jinx ain't he?

Goran Dragic
04-29-2012, 06:49 PM
1. No more Rose in 2k12 (fun player)
2. Potentially ruined superstar career. When is that ever good?
4. Heat have an easier path to the finals than ever before.
Rofl rememba det time you said D'antoni was gonna lead the Knicks to the ECF :lmao

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Though it was funny seeing Wade in the wheelchair. That was an exception but he recovered fine. This injury is more serious.

see that's where i think you're being hypocritical. you feel sorry for rose because you like him (and support gangbanging in doing so) but you laugh when wade gets hurt, just because of some bad blood between he and the mavericks?

see, im the opposite. i don't feel sorry for rose but i'm able to put aside my emotion and feel sorry whenever wade or anyone gets hurt, because wade doesn't gangbang or engage in illegal activities. he's only guilty of being a douchebag which isn't really a crime. i wouldn't have wanted to see him get hurt last year either, it would have made the championship less sweet. im sorry if not feeling bad for gangbangers and friend killers getting paid millions to play a kids game makes me a bad person, but whatever i really couldn't give a fuck.

mavsfan1000
04-29-2012, 06:52 PM
see that's where i think you're being hypocritical. you feel sorry for rose because you like him (and support gangbanging in doing so) but you laugh when wade gets hurt, just because of some bad blood between he and the mavericks?

see, im the opposite. i don't feel sorry for rose but i'm able to put aside my emotion and feel sorry whenever wade or anyone gets hurt, because wade doesn't gangbang or engage in illegal activities. he's only guilty of being a douchebag which isn't really a crime. i wouldn't have wanted to see him get hurt last year either, it would have made the championship less sweet. im sorry if not feeling bad for gangbangers and friend killers getting paid millions to play a kids game makes me a bad person, but whatever i really couldn't give a fuck.
You act like you know the guy or something. People do grow up you know. Some take more growing up than others and were once a bad person. That's not saying they are a bad person at present.

Goran Dragic
04-29-2012, 06:53 PM
bullsfan1000 is just a legitimately stupid person tbh

D-Wade #3
04-29-2012, 06:54 PM

If DEZ Bryant, who probably has ties to gangbanging, scored the gamewinning touchdown in the superbowl, but blew out his knee in the process, you wouldn't give two shits about his bangin.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 06:55 PM
^i'm not a cowboy fan. i loosely follow them as my 2nd team only because i've been in dfw my whole life, but that's about it.

mavsfan1000
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
bullsfan1000 is just a legitimately stupid person tbh
So you are happy as well? This board is full of losers. It didn't use to be that way btw. It was a lot different 5 years ago.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:02 PM
So you are happy as well? This board is full of losers. It didn't use to be that way btw. It was a lot different 5 years ago.

yeah sorry but we both posted here 5 years ago and i didn't support gangbanging then either.

:lol bullsfan's homerism coming out in this thread

m>s
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
i miss what the board used to be tbh :cry

D-Wade #3
04-29-2012, 07:04 PM
^i'm not a cowboy fan. i loosely follow them as my 2nd team only because i've been in dfw my whole life, but that's about it.

So are you gonna single out every athlete who cheated on the sats or just rose? B/C its pretty prevalent among the best High school athletes who have gone pro. And it"s pretty much the culture of the NBA to have some sort of Gang Associations.

Spursfan092120
04-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes...cheapens this playoffs. Cheapens the Eastern Conference.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:08 PM
So are you gonna single out every athlete who cheated on the sats or just rose? B/C its pretty prevalent among the best High school athletes who have gone pro. And it"s pretty much the culture of the NBA to have some sort of Gang Associations.

it's not really the cheating on the SAT's that cements his legacy as a shitty individual, it's the association with groups that like to go around murdering people for fun and committing crimes. forget about the SAT part, it's pretty minor in comparison.

nice attempt at a strawman, though.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:10 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-05-13/arrest-warrant-issued-for-derrick-roses-brother

^ the rose family is so classy :rolleyes

jag
04-29-2012, 07:11 PM
It sucks because I wanted to see the Bulls take a shot at knocking off the heat. Outside of that I don't really care because they were just another contender. I don't really care if he gangbangs, cheats on tests, has sex with animals or sells meth to school-children, he's just a ballplayer as far as I'm concerned. Now if Bron were to have his knee explode on national TV, I'd probably have a tough time keeping the smile off my face. But that's because I think Bron is da debil.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:12 PM
hopefully now if rose doesn't get another lucrative contract the money won't be used for illegal activities such as buying his drug dealer brothers a few birds to flip in the streets :rolleyes

pass1st
04-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Bulls play well without Rose, I think people overrate how significant his exit is. A lot of times he chucks and the team is used to deferring to him often. We might see some solid team basketball

D-Wade #3
04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
hopefully now if rose doesn't get another lucrative contract the money won't be used for illegal activities such as buying his drug dealer brothers a few birds to flip in the streets :rolleyes

You sound butthurt. For wat reason Idk. But you haven't called out Terry, Pierce, or Carter for flashin gang signs at some point in their career. You should research the issue more and realize it's been goin on before Rose, that it's the culture of the Black NBA player.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
^i saw pierce hit up horford with the big B that one time but other than that, carter and terry really? show me the proof or gtfo. Terry is a christian philanthropist who does tons of charity work in the DFW, he's been nothing but a model citizen here. Comparing Jason Terry to Rose makes me :lmao

jag
04-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Bulls play well without Rose, I think people overrate how significant his exit is. A lot of times he chucks and the team is used to deferring to him often. We might see some solid team basketball

He's overrated, but people are overrating how good the Bulls are without him. Their "team ball" bs will work in the regular season but they have no shot in the playoffs without Rose.

baseline bum
04-29-2012, 07:22 PM
So Terry chases kids around with bibles when he's not punching people in the nuts?

pass1st
04-29-2012, 07:22 PM
He's overrated, but people are overrating how good the Bulls are without him. Their "team ball" bs will work in the regular season but they have no shot in the playoffs without Rose.

I think they will have a fairly straight forward route to the ECF, tbh

Then a sweep, ECF MVP Joey Crawford

D-Wade #3
04-29-2012, 07:26 PM
http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/terry6.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/Corleone05/paul-pierce-piru-blood-gang-sign.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/1563i0z.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w4BLu1D8KnA/TfoQYq19UPI/AAAAAAAABMY/4LlsXx5XtLk/s1600/jet+terry.jpg

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:26 PM
So Terry chases kids around with bibles when he's not punching people in the nuts?

no but he's been somewhat vocal about his faith in the past, as well as doing charity work. he's never busted out the bible and chased anyone with it like robinson as far as i know, though.

BRHornet45
04-29-2012, 07:28 PM
no I laughed, but I also kinda wish it went to a more deserving player like LeBron or Kobe.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:28 PM
You're really reaching here, heat fan. mavs were a great 3 point shooting team last year and held up 3 fingers as sort of a team thing, even dirk and peja did it and they aren't gang bangers :lol. on the terry pic, he isn't making the blood sign at all, his index finger and thumb aren't touching together to form the rest of the B.

nice try, though. 3/10

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:29 PM
check out this bad gang bangin mofo :lmao

http://static.stuff.co.nz/1304745474/387/4975387.jpg

it's just hilarious to me how far blacks (yup, i sniffed you out mr. dwade) will go to defend black culture things and take up for such a "stereotypical n!gga" such as Rose.

:lmao dirk gangbanging, GTFO :rollin

Ace
04-29-2012, 07:31 PM
You're really reaching here, heat fan. mavs were a great 3 point shooting team last year and held up 3 fingers as sort of a team thing, even dirk and peja did it and they aren't gang bangers :lol. on the terry pic, he isn't making the blood sign at all, his index finger and thumb aren't touching together to form the rest of the B.

nice try, though. 3/10

That faggot is not a Heat fan, he's just simply a faggot tbh..

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:35 PM
That faggot is not a Heat fan, he's just simply a faggot tbh..

:lol fair enough scrah

Goran Dragic
04-29-2012, 07:42 PM
yeah sorry but we both posted here 5 years ago and i didn't support gangbanging then either.

:lol bullsfan's homerism coming out in this thread
I didn't even realize that angle :lmao

Bullsfan is angry his team's chances are now done

Goran Dragic
04-29-2012, 07:44 PM
this. The Bulls without Rose will be lucky to get further than the 2nd round.

Goran Dragic
04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
You sound butthurt. For wat reason Idk.
Butthurt would be having to use your troll account to argue on this topic :lol

Amaso
04-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Can someone explain to me why every single Derek Rose thread has people bashing on him cheating on the SATs?

Goran Dragic
04-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Can someone explain to me why every single Derek Rose thread has people bashing on him cheating on the SATs?
Cause he really did cheat on the SATs...

Amaso
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Cause he really did cheat on the SATs...

Yeah I'm aware of that. I just don't see how that's really an insult to Derek Rose or his fans. It's a really weak diss. I can see how calling Kobe a rapist is "funny", but I think I'm just missing the boat on this one.

Goran Dragic
04-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Because the fact he needed to cheat to get a good enough score on the SATs to be NCAA eligible (which is a ridiculously low threshold) is hilarious.

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah I'm aware of that. I just don't see how that's really an insult to Derek Rose or his fans. It's a really weak diss. I can see how calling Kobe a rapist is "funny", but I think I'm just missing the boat on this one.

it's probably so funny because it pretty much sums up who rose is as a person just perfectly

Goran Dragic
04-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Most people who cheat on the SATs do it because they've tried their hardest to study and prepare but need to do really well for scholarship opportunities, so well that they just don't have the natural test taking ability to do it. Derrick Rose cheated in order to pass the SAT's at a borderline retarded level :lol

mavs>spurs
04-29-2012, 07:59 PM
^all that gangbanging and skipping out on his american high school education tbh :lol

jeebus
04-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Patty Mills is a double gangbanger when he puts on his gangbanging 3 goggles.

Ace
04-29-2012, 08:08 PM
IRVIWkKDpwQ

Richard Simmons
04-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Lol gangbanging.... You guys are so white

Jelloisjigglin
04-29-2012, 08:15 PM
No. I do not think so.

jeebus
04-29-2012, 08:17 PM

From the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago:

"The 15-foot jump shot or Hail Mary pass won't look the same after you try this experiment in projectile motion. Both athletes and scientists predict trajectories based on a projectile's initial angle and velocity. Can you fire a tennis ball 45 feet across Allstate Court and into the net? Prepare with All-Star Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose as he provides some virtual coaching on achieving the perfect parabola. Then set your parameters and ready, set, launch!"

Help me with my homework, Derrick!!!

baseline bum
04-29-2012, 08:21 PM

From the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago:

"The 15-foot jump shot or Hail Mary pass won't look the same after you try this experiment in projectile motion. Both athletes and scientists predict trajectories based on a projectile's initial angle and velocity. Can you fire a tennis ball 45 feet across Allstate Court and into the net? Prepare with All-Star Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose as he provides some virtual coaching on achieving the perfect parabola. Then set your parameters and ready, set, launch!"

Dem physicists at the museum don't know about quadratic resistance? Perfect parabola?

Koolaid_Man
04-29-2012, 08:31 PM
this is why i can't feel bad for him. he's made more at 23 than most of us will ever see in a lifetime, and a lot more than he would have made gangbanging. that's why i can't seem to feel too sorry for him. sometimes bad people like rose get lucky and strike it rich, he shouldn't have to worry about money ever again for the rest of his life unless he's just stupid with his money, which would be his own fault.

so says the guy that eats at Burger King :lol

DMC
04-29-2012, 08:40 PM
I'll take a torn ACL for that money. Hell, tear them both.

DMC
04-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Let's not forget OJ Mayo did the same thing, cheating that is, improper benefits and such.

There's a sizable club of these guys it seems.

pgardn
04-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Dem physicists at the museum don't know about quadratic resistance? Perfect parabola?

Its not quadratic with a rotating ball.

Derek told me.

baseline bum
04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Its not quadratic with a rotating ball.

Derek told me.

He knows about backspin? Damn, maybe that SAT score was legit.

redzero
04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Now, maybe he can go back to Kindergarten and learn basic English.

http://i46.tinypic.com/v7zkty.jpg

jeebus
04-29-2012, 09:03 PM
^ :lmao

Ace
04-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Now, maybe he can go back to Kindergarten and learn basic English.

http://i46.tinypic.com/v7zkty.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Nathan89
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
XCADLj0Y1QE

ElNono
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
tbh, it's god's will... he probably has a better plan in life for rose :cry