PDA

View Full Version : TMZ- Jordan Hill charged with felony assault

Mel_13
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Los Angeles Lakers big man Jordan Hill has just been charged with felony assault for allegedly choking a family member during an altercation in Texas earlier this year ... TMZ has learned.

The charge was filed by the Harris County District Attorney in Houston. It's unclear who Hill is accused of attacking.

The alleged incident took place on February 29. If convicted, Hill faces up to 10 years in prison.

24-year-old Hill was recently traded to the Lakers from Houston in exchange for Derek Fisher ... and has become a key member of the team.

Multiple attempts to reach a rep for Hill were unsuccessful.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/30/jordan-hill-felony-choking-family-member-los-angeles-lakers/#.T57BrtnVJbI

BlairForceDejuan
04-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Hopefully LAL make it to WCF so they can be educated on Class by yours truly.

jeebus
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
:lmao

There goes his playing time.

trypldubl
04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
:lol Cowherd sounded all depressed right now.

Venti Quattro
04-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Fuck. Please stay long enough to win the championship first!

MR.SILVER&BLack
04-30-2012, 12:01 PM
:lol

hater
04-30-2012, 12:03 PM
animals

Rummpd
04-30-2012, 12:05 PM
One has to think Rockets were aware of this and shipped him off. This is serious stuff and a TX prison I expect would not be fun after nights in 5 star hotels and on the road with the LAL.

noob cake
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
For those who don't realize, this charge carries a warrest arrent. Jordan Hill will have to fly to Texas to turn himself in.

You can't even blame the ambulance chasers on this one, since it is the DA charging him with a felony.

Katherine Robinson
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
You can go to prison for choking a family member?

I...I uh have to let Dale know before its too late

Bynumite
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
And of course this shit comes out just in time for the playoffs and when the dude is starting to get minutes.

If he was warming up the bench in Houston no one would give a fuck lol.

Mugen
04-30-2012, 12:31 PM
:lol the Houston DA fucking over the Lakers

Didn't Derrick Character punch a pregnant woman last year?

Lakers = not cl:(ssy

benefactor
04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Calculated shit bomb tbh.

cheguevara
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM
CIA Pop strikes again

ElNono
04-30-2012, 12:46 PM
And of course this shit comes out just in time for the playoffs and when the dude is starting to get minutes.

lol blaming the DA

"We'll wait to see if Jordan stops getting minutes before we indict him with a felony"

crofl

IronMaxipad
04-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Just heard he's done for the playoffs.. :depressed

jeebus
04-30-2012, 12:54 PM
"The district attorney's office said that Hill faces a sentence of two to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. After paperwork is complete, a warrant for his arrest will be issued."

:lol:lol:lmao:lol:lol

IronMaxipad
04-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Houston Chronicle saying it was someone he was dating

IronMaxipad
04-30-2012, 12:59 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports&id=8641977

Former Rockets forward Jordan Hill is accused of choking his girlfriend of two years during an argument at his Houston area residence.

According to court documents, his girlfriend told police that Hill, who now plays for the Los Angeles Lakers, assaulted her and choked her, causing bruising to her body and restricted her breathing on February 29, when he still played for the Rockets. He was traded to LA on March 15.

Hill's girlfriend says she flew into Houston from Florida to see him and they got into an argument while discussing their future. During the argument, she says she threw his cell phones to the floor. She told police that Hill then punched her in the legs, grabbed her, pulled her off the couch and dragged her to where the phones were, and threw her against the wall.

Court documents state Hill demanded that she pick up his phones, and when she turned away from him, Hill grabbed her from behind and put her in a chokehold in which she couldn't breathe.

His girlfriend told police that she told Hill she wanted to go home and he booked her a flight back to Florida. Police say her friend picked her up from the airport and stated she was not herself and that she saw bruises on her legs and upper body.

According to police, they obtained photos of the injuries from Hill's girlfriend that were consistent with her and her friend's statements.

Hill, 24, is charged with assault of a family member. No bond has been set yet in this case.

Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.

Budkin
04-30-2012, 01:01 PM
So is he out for the playoffs or can he come back after getting out on bail?

ElNono
04-30-2012, 01:02 PM
I see a plea bargain coming up, followed up by a good chunk of community service...

lurker
04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Laker fans think it's bogus because the charges are coming after a few months, but that's just the way the law works.

Venti Quattro
04-30-2012, 01:05 PM
I hope he used all his choke on his girlfriend.

Juggity
04-30-2012, 01:06 PM
LA thugs

djohn2oo8
04-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Wow. Rockets aren't even in the playoffs (again) and still found a way to fuck the Lakers. :lol

Venti Quattro
04-30-2012, 01:13 PM
calculated assault bomb tbh.

Those fucks at Godvine should let me pray for Jordan Hill.

Bynumite
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
lol blaming the DA

"We'll wait to see if Jordan stops getting minutes before we indict him with a felony"

crofl

Of course that's not their criteria, just awful timing for the Lakers, that is all.

djohn2oo8
04-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Before the story came out

Originally Posted by Lakers VP Jim Buss
I saw him in Arizona and I liked him. He doesn't have the center body like an Andrew Bynum of course but he's a more active player. It's perfect to change pace. He's faster, more of a slasher, very active around the basket as you see. Jerry West told me on my first scouting trip he said the one thing you got to look at when you look at bigs is it takes them 4-5 years to develop. Don't knock them down when they're in their second year, third year -- just realize in their fourth and fifth year is when they start to blossom. Well, when we made that trade and (the Rockets) were willing to give him up, to me they might have made a mistake and gave him up because he's in his fourth year and you can see the guy has the potential to be a solid player in the NBA.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=7864318

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
This guy ain't doing any time, you idiots:lol

namlook
04-30-2012, 01:47 PM
There's no reason he can't keep playing after he turns himself in and bails out.

z0sa
04-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Who?

jag
04-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Hill's girlfriend says she flew into Houston from Florida to see him and they got into an argument while discussing their future.

During the argument, she says she threw his cell phones to the floor. ...Hill then punched her in the legs, grabbed her, pulled her off the couch and dragged her to where the phones were, and threw her against the wall.

Court documents state Hill demanded that she pick up his phones, and when she turned away from him, Hill grabbed her from behind and put her in a chokehold in which she couldn't breathe.

iphones are expensive. Sometimes you gotta choke a bitch when she gets out of line.

Venti Quattro
04-30-2012, 01:58 PM
she waited 2 months to bring this up? great, what a gold digger

BlackSwordsMan
04-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Can the Texas DA find any dirt on the memphis grizzlies? :cry

cheguevara
04-30-2012, 02:06 PM
how low this franchise has fallen, having to worry about losing a NBDL scrub

pass1st
04-30-2012, 02:10 PM
how low this franchise has fallen, having to worry about losing a NBDL scrub

Kind of like how gnsf call Kawhi Leonard an elite defender

midnightpulp
04-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Wonderful fuckin' news. This guy was starting to concern me a bit after his solid game against OKC and his double-double against the Nuggets. Hopefully they'll set the trial date soon so that it coincides with the 2nd round. Furthermore, since Jordan Hill is obviously a flight risk by virtue of him being a millionaire, the judge needs to show zero tolerance and prohibit Jordan Hill from leaving the state of Texas while out on bond until the trial has been concluded.

Hopefully the presiding judge won't be one of those Oklahoma hating Texans.

Nathan89
04-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Class

D-Wade #3
04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
She called police on march 29th, one month exactly from the incident.

pass1st
04-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Does anybody really believe this guy will be missing more than 1 or 2 playoff games?

Millionaire backed by a billionaire, if Buss wants him to play then he'll play.

Nathan89
04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Does anybody really believe this guy will be missing more than 1 or 2 playoff games?

:madrunThat's not how the justice system works.

midnightpulp
04-30-2012, 02:33 PM

That's exactly why the Texas judge needs to channel his inner good ol' boy and not let a buncha commie, homo-lovin' Cal-i-for-nie-ans make a mockery of the Texas judicial system.

Come down hard, Judge Whoever You May Be. Expedite the trial hearing to convene two weeks from now and set bail only on the condition that Hill stays in Texas.

Jzone
04-30-2012, 02:33 PM
I doubt he misses any games because of this. Non issue.

Goran Dragic
04-30-2012, 02:35 PM
This guy ain't doing any time, you idiots:lol
This :lol

:lol domestic abuse involving an NBA player being treated like it's a big deal

blah blah blah
04-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Wonderful fuckin' news. This guy was starting to concern me a bit after his solid game against OKC and his double-double against the Nuggets. Hopefully they'll set the trial date soon so that it coincides with the 2nd round. Furthermore, since Jordan Hill is obviously a flight risk by virtue of him being a millionaire, the judge needs to show zero tolerance and prohibit Jordan Hill from leaving the state of Texas while out on bond until the trial has been concluded.

Hopefully the presiding judge won't be one of those Oklahoma hating Texans.

pass1st
04-30-2012, 02:40 PM
That's exactly why the Texas judge needs to channel his inner good ol' boy and not let a buncha commie, homo-lovin' Cal-i-for-nie-ans make a mockery of the Texas judicial system.

Come down hard, Judge Whoever You May Be. Expedite the trial hearing to convene two weeks from now and set bail only on the condition that Hill stays in Texas.

LA will just throw a "race card" specialty lawyer if that happened. If Smith can get away with reckless driving leading to murder, this will probably be settled out of court quickly.

blah blah blah
04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
One has to think Rockets were aware of this and shipped him off. This is serious stuff and a TX prison I expect would not be fun after nights in 5 star hotels and on the road with the LAL.

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the relationship between rich millionaire athletes and the judicial system are you?

LkrFan
04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Perfect timing. :lol

Trill Clinton
04-30-2012, 03:20 PM
He put his hands on a woman? lock that nigga up.

NRHector
04-30-2012, 03:55 PM
she waited 2 months to bring this up? great, what a gold digger

is she white?

LkrFan
04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
He put his hands on a woman? lock that nigga up.

...says the Spurs fan. TP put his hands on and genitalia in another woman. Too bad it wasn't Eva. No one talked about locking him up. Why Hill - is it because he's a Laker and balling? ;)

Kobe had a rape trial over his head. How many playoff games did he miss? Unlike Kwame in 2006, Hill is not a starter, nor was he abused as a child (that I know of anyway) - therefore his play will not be affected.

He'll pay to make this go away. If there is a trial, it will be several months from now. Non-issue.

I wouldn't put it past Pop to be behind thisbshit bomb though. :lol

Trill Clinton
04-30-2012, 04:11 PM
...says the Spurs fan. TP put his hands on and genitalia in another woman. Too bad it wasn't Eva. No one talked about locking him up. Why Hill - is it because he's a Laker and balling? ;)

Kobe had a rape trial over his head. How many playoff games did he miss? Unlike Kwame in 2006, Hill is not a starter, nor was he abused as a child (that I know of anyway) - therefore his play will not be affected.

He'll pay to make this go away. If there is a trial, it will be several months from now. Non-issue.

I wouldn't put it past Pop to be behind thisbshit bomb though. :lol

:lol gtfo

TP didn't rape the bitch and there are no laws against fucking ya homies slutty wife.

LkrFan
04-30-2012, 04:16 PM
:lol gtfo

TP didn't rape the bitch and there are no laws against fucking ya homies slutty wife.

Shastafarian
04-30-2012, 04:27 PM
:madrunThat's not how the justice system works.

I hear Chris Brown will be advising Jordan on how to act like it never happened.

LkrFan
04-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Well the good news is that the Harris County DA is under investigation by both the FBI and the Texas Rangers (the actual Rangers, not the baseball team) for her own criminal conduct. Maybe this is a last ditch effort to deflect attention away from her own judgement day....

:nope

IronMaxipad
04-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Jordan Hill said he does not expect to miss any practices or games. "I'll be here."

Will Hill be able to fly back from Houston for the Lakers' game Tuesday? "I'll be here [in time] but we'll see," he said.

non-issue.

IronMaxipad
04-30-2012, 05:19 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Mike_Bresnahan/status/197087341091880960

Hill may have found way 2 avoid court Tues. From his agent: "Jordan will spend the night in his bed in L.A., preparing for tomorrow's game."

pass1st
04-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Hill seems to have his mind focused on the playoffs & a big titted bitch that he tweets a lot

TheMACHINE
04-30-2012, 06:27 PM
we thuggish ruggish bone

Riddler
04-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Hill seems to have his mind focused on the playoffs & a big titted bitch that he tweets a lot

He's focused on tweeting Bynum?

Spursfan092120
04-30-2012, 06:38 PM
So now the Lakers have two guys who choke....

pass1st
04-30-2012, 06:53 PM
He's focused on tweeting Bynum?

Would be funnier if he still had a twitter :wakeup

midnightpulp
04-30-2012, 06:55 PM
I come to find out I know this girl. :lol

Cousin of two of my good friends, and has dated many basketball players.

Venti Quattro
09-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Jordan Hill takes deal in assault case (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8431556/los-angeles-lakers-f-jordan-hill-pleads-no-contest-assault)

HOUSTON -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill has pleaded no contest to assaulting his girlfriend in February and was sentenced to one year of probation.

Hill, 25, will also have to pay a $500 fine and undergo counseling. The assault charge was reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor.

Hill is charged with assaulting Darlene Luna on Feb. 29 at his apartment while the New York Knicks' former first-round draft pick was playing for the Houston Rockets.

Luna, 29, cried on the witness stand as she recalled the incident and claimed Hill still hasn't apologized. The two avoided eye contact while they were in the courtroom together.

The 6-foot-10 Hill played for Houston from February 2010 until March, when he was traded to Los Angeles.

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2012, 01:11 PM
What is it with $500....:lol

My man slapped a Ho paid the equivalent of 1 Indian ruby and now back to shooting hoops...:lol