PDA

View Full Version : Spurs and LAL both 15 point wins who has greater point diff after round one?

Rummpd
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Spurs methodically beat down a tough minded Jazz team in game one, and Lakers behind their gifted and motivated manchild, i.e., Bynum, absolutely shut down Denver's high flying offense and got great contributions from other players as well as from Kobe.

So which team ends up at end of their first round series with the greatest point differential on the positive side?

Of course the odds favor the Spurs who were more dominant in the regular season and playing the 8th seed; but if LAL does to continue to dominate the Nuggets even more so, I will be impressed (and Barkley will really look stupid for his inane prediction that the Nuggets were going to take out LAL).

Venti Quattro
04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
San Antonio.

VBM
04-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Lakers will sweep, so probably them.

Katherine Robinson
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Both teams played hard

cheguevara
04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
just 2 teams shooting the shots they sposed to shoot

InRareForm
04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Lakers won't sweep. One game analysis. :rollin

lol lakers on road
lol how many laker games have you watched

VBM
04-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Lakers won't sweep. One game analysis. :rollin

lol lakers on road
lol how many laker games have you watched

respect the jinx

Nah, Lakers will sweep. Bynum's readying a Hakeem-like run. They're a :lobt2: lock and Spurs are just along for the ride.

Rummpd
05-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Spurs most likely locked this down along with LAL's TOTALLY media hyped 4 point "dominance" of Denver. Right now Spurs playing at another level and if they keep the intensity Jazz might just fold and Mills might average 20+ last two games.

Venti Quattro
05-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Another good from The Good Doctor as per the usual.

DMC
05-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Point diff means jack shit here. We win or we don't.

The Nuggets are a better team than the Jazz though.

05-03-2012, 12:09 PM
nuggets are not a better team than the jazz. they probably were at the beginning of the season when they also had nene but they are definitely not with mcgee. i would usually say something about how the lakers lucked out again by getting the nuggets in the first round instead of the mavs or grizzlies, but there is some irony because lakers getting the easiest opponent and sweeping them will actually hurt them with artest's suspension.

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Nuggets and Jazz are both terrible teams, tbh..

Neither team is an accurate barometer for either the Spurs, nor the Lakers..

Denver will win a game at home, due to the Lakers complacency(and I bet they wouldn't mind wasting one of Artest's suspension games), and Utah will win a home game due to their typical hometown officiating..

OKC got the much more difficult matchup, although it may help them in the long run, as they've already been repeatedly tested in clutch time..

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah imo Denver is the worst team in the Western playoffs by far. Since their 14-5 start they've been playing like a lottery team.

GNSF seems to think they can become the 2004 Pistons if they "focus on defense" though

blah blah blah
05-03-2012, 12:29 PM
nuggets are not a better team than the jazz. they probably were at the beginning of the season when they also had nene but they are definitely not with mcgee. i would usually say something about how the lakers lucked out again by getting the nuggets in the first round instead of the mavs or grizzlies, but there is some irony because lakers getting the easiest opponent and sweeping them will actually hurt them with artest's suspension.

Agreed. Despite the abomination yesterday, the Jazz are better than what that score indicated. Jefferson/Millsap missed way too many easy shots, then got frustrated, and it all snowballed from there.

InRareForm
05-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Well Nuggets started running better game 2. that will carry over at home. Don't be suprised to see a 2-2 tie but with lakers ending up winning game 5 and game 6 easily.

pass1st
05-03-2012, 02:29 PM
If Nugs gel, they will probably start playing like a proper 5th seed. Jazz, though, I don't see them playing better than an 8th seed. Millsap is good, but he seems off and the team isn't playing playoff level ball.

Right now, both teams suck balls and can't be used to gauge a team's ability deeper in the playoffs.

InRareForm
05-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Jazz should of went for the better draft pick

DMC
05-13-2012, 01:17 AM
I told you Nuggets are a better team than the Jazz.

spursfan1000
05-13-2012, 01:45 AM
I told you Nuggets are a better team than the Jazz.

Was that ever really in doubt?

scanry
05-13-2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah imo Denver is the worst team in the Western playoffs by far. Since their 14-5 start they've been playing like a lottery team.

GNSF seems to think they can become the 2004 Pistons if they "focus on defense" though

They barely beat the Nets and the Pacers. I think their championship run is overrated because the Lakers folded as the big dogs were fighting it out.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Based on point differential, the Nuggets beat the Lakers by 3pts :smokin

xellos88330
05-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Based on point differential, the Nuggets beat the Lakers by 3pts :smokin

:wow

JamStone
05-13-2012, 10:43 AM
They barely beat the Nets and the Pacers. I think their championship run is overrated because the Lakers folded as the big dogs were fighting it out.

You could possibly make that argument if the Pistons faded away quickly the following years. But they ended up in the NBA Finals the following year losing in 7 games to a multiple title Spurs team. They went on for 4 more consecutive seasons making it to at least the Eastern Conference Finals. They had the best record in the league in 2005-06. That Nets team, though not a great team, was still a two time NBA Finalist the previous two seasons. And that Pacers team had the best record in the league in 2003-04.

The 2004 Pistons may have been a fluke if they didn't continue a high level success in the next few years. But that's what they did. And while the Lakers folded as the big dogs fought it out, that didn't prevent them from getting past the Spurs and the Timberwolves (who had the best record in the West) before meeting the Pistons. I think it's easy to think that Pistons team was overrated because of the perceived implosion of the Lakers. But other factors give strong evidence that it was not overrated, nor a fluke.

DMC
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Was that ever really in doubt?
If you look at the posts following mine, I don't even need to answer that question.