PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson's Demeanor in Postgame Interview

Calispursfan11
04-30-2012, 02:25 PM
I was very impressed by the ESPN post game interview of Cap'n Jack. He said the right things, was calm and confident all at the same time. I am not Stephen Jackson, but I feel that by his demeanor and comments, he knows what we've all suspected for at least the last month of the season - that right now, we are the best team in the league. I liked his deference to the big 3 as well, stating something to the effect of just like in 03, "our stars are still here and playing great". He didn't include himself as a star which shows maturity and humility. This kind of respect, deference to the team and quiet confidence is what championships are made of tbh, and I don't feel it's premature to say it. It is going to take an immovable object to stop the juggernaut that is San Antionio, and we haven't seen that from any other team so far.

Go! Spurs! Go!

JR3
04-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Word.

Mr. Body
04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I think Jackson's always been a loyal teammate. He hasn't always been on good teams, and his loyalty has gone too far -- 'protecting' Artest during the brawl in Detroit. I don't think he really wants to be the big dog, and his talent has been great many times in his career, but he works best when he falls in line with a team. He knows this is Duncan's show, and I think he's happiest knowing that.

Spurfect21
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Jeff McDonald twitter: @JMcDonald_SAEN: Jack, on his improbable friendship with straight-arrow Tim Duncan: "Tim's a real dude. What you see is what you get. And that's how I am."

J@JMcDonald_SAEN: Jack calls TD "one person that knows me better than anybody. Even though I made some mistakes in my career, he knows my heart."

This trade was very under the radar around the league but getting this guy back on the team really put us over the top IMO. Words like this from Stack Jack make me proud to be a spur fan, no matter what national recognition we get

z0sa
04-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Getting Jack back ranks high on my all-time favorite Spurs memories. Even if (god forbid) we don't win the title having Jack around makes it even more awesome to root for the silver and black.

bigfan
04-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Jackson being older is now more mature, is appreciative of playing on a quality team and I think actually likes being back where he achieved his greatest success. He still has that badass streak that scares the crap out of the opposition too.

MmP
04-30-2012, 04:43 PM
It's almost too good him having him back with this type of attitude. And not only this but also unloading a terrible player for him.
We got a guy that can play, pass, shoot and also releases the ball when he needs to. Too good.

xellos88330
04-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Stephen Jackson gets along well with Duncan because Tim has a psych degree. That is why I wasn't worried about chemistry when the Spurs got Jackson.

DMC
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
I think, when this post season is over, Tim and Jack are going to go out for ice cream and probably cajole each other, and as they are sitting outside a classy ice cream parlor, blue birds will be singing and there will be a fawn, doe eyed little deer, looking at them in awe as the light from God shines down upon them.

Interrohater
04-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I think, when this post season is over, Tim and Jack are going to go out for ice cream and probably cajole each other, and as they are sitting outside a classy ice cream parlor, blue birds will be singing and there will be a fawn, doe eyed little deer, looking at them in awe as the light from God shines down upon them.

And Jack will yell "fok yo forest clown!" then burn down the forest.

Spurfect21
04-30-2012, 08:09 PM
And Jack will yell "fok yo forest clown!" then burn down the forest.

:toast
This is a high probability in this situation lmao

Shastafarian
04-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Jeff McDonald twitter: @JMcDonald_SAEN: Jack, on his improbable friendship with straight-arrow Tim Duncan: "Tim's a real dude. What you see is what you get. And that's how I am."

J@JMcDonald_SAEN: Jack calls TD "one person that knows me better than anybody. Even though I made some mistakes in my career, he knows my heart."

RT @tribjazz: Stephen Jackson said Tim Duncan has both of his rap CDs. Duncan got them himself. Means a lot to him.

So we also have Duncan's terrible taste in music to thank. Though Jack's rap albums far exceed the quality of those created by Shaq, Iverson, and....lol Kobe.

SenorSpur
04-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Anyone can tell that we are now witnessing a more mature, seasoned SJax. I absolutely love his moxie, his fearlessness and his dedication to his team.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-30-2012, 08:18 PM

:lol:toast

TE
04-30-2012, 08:21 PM

:lmao

Stringer_Bell
04-30-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm still in honeymoon mode since SJax came back. I haven't gotten angry or upset with him. He's played disciplined and smart b-ball. He will miss shots. He will miss a pass. But he's being himself, he's being a basketball player, and he respects his team, and as long as he doesn't shrivel up and die like RJ and a dozen other non-trill hoes that have gone thru the roster since SJax left - he's my MVP. :cry

Wild Cobra Kai
04-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I was sitting next to this sixtyish white couple at game one, and the lady was quite clear that she was NOT happy that Jack Was Back. After he stroked those two treys I just leaned over a little and said "You're going to love Stephen Jackson by the end of the playoffs".

:lol

SpursRock20
04-30-2012, 09:28 PM
I was sitting next to this sixtyish white couple at game one, and the lady was quite clear that she was NOT happy that Jack Was Back. After he stroked those two treys I just leaned over a little and said "You're going to love Stephen Jackson by the end of the playoffs".

:toast

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
You people are faggots.

KaiRMD1
04-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Having Jack back for RJ has pretty much been my championship

Sean Cagney
05-01-2012, 12:22 AM

LOL they would hate on Jax, but if they want RJ here over him then they are just old and insane lol..... You were right though, I feel you got it on the head there. Most hated on Horry too from his LA days, after his game 5 in the NBA finals all was forgiven from his Houston and LA days, infact we loved him! Thats for life.
You people are faggots.

FUKK YO TEAMS PUNK.........

PublicOption
05-01-2012, 04:10 AM
He can be confident because how many guys have been this clutch in big games. not many. and this guy did it more than once, for 2 different teams.

PublicOption
05-01-2012, 04:13 AM
My favorite Jack moment came in 2003. I had season tickets and I had noticed Jack's play in the preseason of '02. I invited my cousin to watch a Lakers game. I told watch this Jackson guy he's pretty good. Jack hit 7 three pointers on Kobe. It was awesome.

Legacy
05-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Jax always gives the best interviews; whether they're about basketball or not, IMHO. He's extremely intelligent, straight-up real, effortlessly tactful, and very, very polite and relaxed throughout. Simply.LOVE.him. :hat

shraediggz
05-01-2012, 01:23 PM
There aren't many guys in the past 20 years which we've lost through Free Agency or Trades that I rather have seen our Front Office hold onto. Sean Elliott was one. Stephen Jackson was another. Management done right by bringing both back. In Cap Jack's case... "Better late than never".

Stephen Jackson--Proving proverb's right since March 2012.

GSH
05-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Jackson on Amare Stoudamire:

"And people talk about me. That's what I'm saying. As much stuff as I do, I've never did nothing where I'm punching some glass in the middle of the playoffs, where I'm going to hurt my team," the Spurs' Stephen Jackson said.

"Throw the ball or kick the dresser. Don't punch glass to where you can't play. I know Amare has had a tough year with losing his family member. It's been a tough year for him. And going down 0-2 is definitely frustrating in the playoffs when you have a good team. So I understand his frustration. But it's definitely not the right thing to do at that time."

DMC
05-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Jax don't punch no glass, he just punches a fan.

DMC
05-01-2012, 08:06 PM
There aren't many guys in the past 20 years which we've lost through Free Agency or Trades that I rather have seen our Front Office hold onto. Sean Elliott was one. Stephen Jackson was another. Management done right by bringing both back. In Cap Jack's case... "Better late than never".

Stephen Jackson--Proving proverb's right since March 2012.
Ellliott wasn't that great when he was traded.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Ellliott wasn't that great when he was traded.

He was a one time All Star, but basically Rudy Gay when he left. He came back a harder edged player. He hated that one year in Detroit SO much that until this compressed season, he would not broadcast our one game a year there.