PDA

View Full Version : Simple Kindle Fire Thread

cantthinkofanything
04-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Don't want to spend the $ for an IPad yet. But just want something to surf the web with. Got a Kindle already so it's be nice to be able to transfer my books and use the Amazon account. Would also like to be able to use LogMeIn to access the work computer from time to time. Any comments from people that have one?

I heard a big downside is that Amazon makes it hard to get apps other than through the Amazon store.

Also know they are coming out with an upgrade soon. But if that gets good reviews, I'd give this one to my daughter.

So...how is it tbh?

I. Hustle
04-30-2012, 05:54 PM
I read a lot so I always have mine with me. Works great for what I need it to do.

robino2001
04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
I use mine strictly for books, netflix and apps for the kid (drawing, angry birds, etc). Email set up kinda sucks and I haven't tried to web browse with it too much. With that said, I enjoy it for what it is and what I use it for. I have no interest in trying to hack/jailbreak it so I'll keep it as is.

Drachen
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Just thought you would like to know

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/02/amazons-139-refurbished-kindle-fire-deal-returns/

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Just thought you would like to know

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/02/amazons-139-refurbished-kindle-fire-deal-returns/

Thanks. But I'll pay the extra $ for a new one knowing that it's not been handled by undesirables. Other than the slave labor that put it together.

z0sa
05-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Really love mine and use it all the time... But I'm not too tech savvy tbh.

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Really love mine and use it all the time... But I'm not too tech savvy tbh.

No one has really mentioned one of the main uses I want it for which is web surfing. Any feedback regarding this?

Drachen
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks. But I'll pay the extra $ for a new one knowing that it's not been handled by undesirables. Other than the slave labor that put it together.

alright, but they are amazon certified refurbished. You get the same warranty.

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2012, 03:22 PM
alright, but they are amazon certified refurbished. You get the same warranty.

I get it. But I would never know how many other people have touched it or what they were using it for.

z0sa
05-02-2012, 03:27 PM
No one has really mentioned one of the main uses I want it for which is web surfing. Any feedback regarding this?

Lightning fast in terms of straight up web browsing. But videos sometimes take a long time to load or don't load at all, which is basically the only issue I've had with it.

Sec24Row7
05-02-2012, 03:30 PM
I hated that paperweight.

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Lightning fast in terms of straight up web browsing. But videos sometimes take a long time to load or don't load at all, which is basically the only issue I've had with it.

Wonder if it's the same with music? Like Rhapsody?

Trill Clinton
05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Trayvon had a kindle fire.

z0sa
05-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Wonder if it's the same with music? Like Rhapsody?

It is used to dealing with stuff from the Amazon Cloud so it should work perfectly. Online radio also works perfectly. There's just something about videos alone that glitches apparently tbh.

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Trayvon had a kindle fire.

bet he didn't have a receipt for it though

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2012, 03:36 PM
It is used to dealing with stuff from the Amazon Cloud so it should work perfectly. Online radio also works perfectly. There's just something about videos alone that glitches apparently tbh.

Weird. Sorry...one more... What about videos that come from Amazon Cloud? Still buggy on those too?

bus driver
05-02-2012, 03:38 PM
my gay cousin has a kindle

i ll ask him how he likes it.....:wakeup

z0sa
05-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Weird. Sorry...one more... What about videos that come from Amazon Cloud? Still buggy on those too?

Videos that are on memory or from cloud storage work just fine.. the glitch has something to do with the browser.

Trill Clinton
05-02-2012, 03:39 PM
bet he didn't have a receipt for it though

it was a gift from his high school teacher Ms. Zolinksi.

http://www.dreamstime.com/female-school-teacher-thumb9707714.jpg

said Tray was one of her best students and had a bright future ahead of him.

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
it was a gift from his high school teacher Ms. Zolinksi.

http://www.dreamstime.com/female-school-teacher-thumb9707714.jpg

said Tray was one of her best students and had a bright future ahead of him.

I heard she was implicated in a fencing ring that was jacking delivery trucks. But she looks pretty good.

cantthinkofanything
07-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Had the Kindle Fire for about 3 weeks now and don't have any real issues. Does everything it's supposed to and the video content available from Amazon has been great. Lots of good stuff on their Prime membership which I've still got for free but will probably pay when trial expires.

SpurinDallas
07-13-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm sure as long as the videos of the MILF Hunter are quality, you'll keep enjoying your Kindle. :lol

cantthinkofanything
07-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm sure as long as the videos of the MILF Hunter are quality, you'll keep enjoying your Kindle. :lol

I don't need videos for that. Whatever that is...

cantthinkofanything
07-17-2012, 10:13 AM
So my Fire completely went out two days ago. Wouldn't turn on, wouldn't take a charge. Took it back last night to Best Buy. They exchanged it without a problem. Got home, opened up the new one. The thing was split in half at the seem. Still had most of the cellophane around it. Could see in side and it looked like the battery had exploded and bulged out to the point of expanding the device.