PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Jitters Doesn't Necessarily Outweigh Overall Contribution

PutMeInTheHuddle
04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
My first thread. Anyone else notice the 1st game playoff jitters from Green and Kawhi? The production wasn't there from them on the offensive end as well as it has been. However, they have developed the Manu like mentality of contribute wherever possible. One good thing about the new guys and their roles is that they have accepted their roles and still make contributions. Granted seeing Manu, TP, and TD make some nice offensive plays and dunking from them; my favorite play was on the defensive end with Green and Kawhi taking the ball and scoring the other way. Crash the boards, defend, pass, minimize turnovers, and play smart. The new guys certainly are contributing if they aren't scoring.

Xevious
04-30-2012, 09:49 PM
k

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2012, 09:59 PM
everything u just said has already been stated in multiple threads, maybe you should spam timvps grade threads after matches...

capek
04-30-2012, 10:00 PM
My first thread. Anyone else notice the 1st game playoff jitters from Green and Kawhi? The production wasn't there from them on the offensive end as well as it has been. However, they have developed the Manu like mentality of contribute wherever possible. One good thing about the new guys and their roles is that they have accepted their roles and still make contributions. Granted seeing Manu, TP, and TD make some nice offensive plays and dunking from them; my favorite play was on the defensive end with Green and Kawhi taking the ball and scoring the other way. Crash the boards, defend, pass, minimize turnovers, and play smart. The new guys certainly are contributing if they aren't scoring.

Definitely. What's important is that, while they didn't necessarily fill up the stat sheet, they also didn't play scared. I don't think they're goingbto shrink like Beno and Hill did. As the get used to the increased intensity of the playoffs, I think they'll have a lot of big games between them.

Spurs7794
04-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Definitely. What's important is that, while they didn't necessarily fill up the stat sheet, they also didn't play scared. I don't think they're goingbto shrink like Beno and Hill did. As the get used to the increased intensity of the playoffs, I think they'll have a lot of big games between them.

I still find it hard to say that Hill shrinks in the playoffs when he dominated two critical games in the last series that we won and had strong fourth quarters against Memphis last year. Yes he sucked on the road and didn't defend Nash well but he helped us in the playoffs.

100%duncan
04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Green was a non-factor accept it.