PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to the Spurs from Asia

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 01:30 AM
This is my first thread in around 5 years of lurking and I just felt like speaking up with my fellow Spurs fans. It's been a long while since I've truly believed the Spurs can win it all and I think now is the time. Hope the Spurs can get Timmy ring #5 so we can see him go out into the sunset just like the Admiral did.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

:flag::flag:

(Also, I've been itching to have basketball discussions with the forum for a long time.)

ilovethespurs
05-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Filipino spurs fan here. I'm rooting for our Spurs all the way! I haven't felt this good about our chances at bagging number 5 in a long time. I hope this is our year but tbh I'd like Timmy back next year to try for our first back-to-back. But that's getting too far ahead. For now, go for 5 Spurs! :flag::lobt2::ihit

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Filipino spurs fan here. I'm rooting for our Spurs all the way! I haven't felt this good about our chances at bagging number 5 in a long time. I hope this is our year but tbh I'd like Timmy back next year to try for our first back-to-back. But that's getting too far ahead. For now, go for 5 Spurs! :flag::lobt2::ihit

Hi!! I feel exactly the same way! Though I can't help but think about the possibility that if Timmy gets a ring this year, then he may contemplate going out as Robinson did. But for now, let's wait for him to get that ring first. :lol

bulakenyo
05-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Hi.

ilovethespurs
05-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Hi!! I feel exactly the same way! Though I can't help but think about the possibility that if Timmy gets a ring this year, then he may contemplate going out as Robinson did. But for now, let's wait for him to get that ring first. :lol

Hi! Let's just enjoy this ride. Anythings possible really but as Timmy said if the wheels dont fall off, he'll continue playing. By the looks of it, it doesn't seem like he's done. And with the development of the young Spurs, he'll have all the help he can get for no. 6. I'm being greedy but the only thing better than no. 5 is to get no. 6 the year after. Then he can retire. :king

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Hi! Let's just enjoy this ride. Anythings possible really but as Timmy said if the wheels dont fall off, he'll continue playing. By the looks of it, it doesn't seem like he's done. And with the development of the young Spurs, he'll have all the help he can get for no. 6. I'm being greedy but the only thing better than no. 5 is to get no. 6 the year after. Then he can retire. :king

Oh yes, then again it would be nice to see Tim retire after he gets that elusive repeat championship. Let's hope that happens! :king

KenziE
05-01-2012, 02:25 AM
wats up from marikina! see yall in the finals go SPURS go !

NBA premium TV shows all of the spurs game unlike BTV na once a year ata kse syado masa LAL dito sa atin wooot wooot !

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 02:37 AM

NBA premium TV shows all of the spurs game unlike BTV na once a year ata kse syado masa LAL dito sa atin wooot wooot !

I don't have both NBA premium and BTV sadly so I resort to internet streaming for my games. Also, I agree with LA being the mass's favorites, especially with the Kobe hype and his shoes on sale.

KenziE
05-01-2012, 02:56 AM
I don't have both NBA premium and BTV sadly so I resort to internet streaming for my games. Also, I agree with LA being the mass's favorites, especially with the Kobe hype and his shoes on sale.

i had to wake up @ 1am yesterday just to watch game 1 live
can you pm the links wer you watch onine?

drive for 5 baby its gonna happen !

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 02:58 AM
i had to wake up @ 1am yesterday just to watch game 1 live
can you pm the links wer you watch onine?

drive for 5 baby its gonna happen !

Yeah so did I!! Had to look for streams online though. But it was worth it, the screaming from the dunks and the shots and all that :lol

NickiRasgo
05-01-2012, 03:17 AM

I'm from Marikina too! :toast I'm watching game on my iTouch.

I've been Spurs fan since 2002-2003, maybe because of NBA Live 2002 where my brother told me that he was the Season MVP. Kind of bandwagon. :lol Though the first game I've watched was Kings @ Lakers, Game 5 I think the winning shot of Horry. Too bad, I rooted for the Lakers that Playoffs. :depressed Anyway, since I rooted for the Spurs, I'm starting to appreciate the playing style (simple and fundamental, organization, the color (black & white), etc.

Drive For Five! :flag:

:lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt2:

Outlier
05-01-2012, 03:37 AM
What's up from Dasma, Cavite!!!

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2012, 04:51 AM
too many filos on this site, you guys know a player name SEQU who plays in the PBA?

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 04:54 AM
too many filos on this site, you guys know a player name SEQU who plays in the PBA?

You referring to SequSpur the poster? Don't follow the PBA much really, but as far as my knowledge of it goes, no player named SEQU plays their.

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2012, 05:03 AM
You referring to SequSpur the poster? Don't follow the PBA much really, but as far as my knowledge of it goes, no player named SEQU plays their.

yeh sequspur, isnt he ur countrys national hero for the pba

SpursIndonesia
05-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Plenty of south east asian fans here, eh ? Welcome guys. :D

Manu-of-steel
05-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Mabuhay, mga repapips. Spurs fan from cubao here. I usually go to marikina for pick up games in goodrich, concepcion. Glad to know there are also many Filipino spurs fan.

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Plenty of south east asian fans here, eh ? Welcome guys. :D

SEAns ftw huh! :toast

Manu-of-steel
05-01-2012, 05:08 AM

All i know is that he is your hero. :lol

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 05:10 AM

nope

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2012, 05:18 AM
Mabuhay, mga repapips. Spurs fan from cubao here. I usually go to marikina for pick up games in goodrich, concepcion. Glad to know there are also many Filipino spurs fan.

why do filos think they are all franchise players when ur playin streetball....fck they never pass the ball back

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 05:46 AM
why do filos think they are all franchise players when ur playin streetball....fck they never pass the ball back

yeah i agree, i'm a spaniard but i grew up in the phils and one of my nitpicks is that when ya pass you don't get the ball back so you're pushed to keep the ball. and then that shit goes all around.

Legacy
05-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Hello there, to all my fellow flip Spurs fans. I'm half flip and half American with American Citizenship, living right here in SA. I hope I'm cool enough, being only half flip and all. :p: Woo-Hooo! I was seriously wondering where all the flip fans were when I first joined this site. Everyone on the flip side (lol) of my family pretty much loves this sport so much and all play it. Hell, pretty much every flip, half-flip, WTFever, etc; I ever grew up with, knew/know loves basketball. They even tried to make me play when I was growing up, but I wasn't interested, unfortunately. Being tall does NOT = basketball skillz. I kept trying to tell them this, lol. ... Still love to watch it, obviously, and where better to watch it than in "The Land of The Spurs." They are *Gods* in this town. They completely own SA--it's pretty cool. So yeah... I'm pretty happy living here--for now, that is. :D :toast

/:blah LOL

racm
05-01-2012, 06:01 AM
yeah i agree, i'm a spaniard but i grew up in the phils and one of my nitpicks is that when ya pass you don't get the ball back so you're pushed to keep the ball. and then that shit goes all around.

They think they're Kobe. :lol

Another Filipino here, been a fan since the 2003 playoffs.

Drive for five!:lobt2:

Outlier
05-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Hello there, to all my fellow flip Spurs fans. I'm half flip and half American with American Citizenship, living right here in SA. I hope I'm cool enough, being only half flip and all. :p: Woo-Hooo! I was seriously wondering where all the flip fans were when I first joined this site. Everyone on the flip side (lol) of my family pretty much loves this sport so much and all play it. Hell, pretty much every flip, half-flip, WTFever, etc; I ever grew up with, knew/know loves basketball. They even tried to make me play when I was growing up, but I wasn't interested, unfortunately. Being tall does NOT = basketball skillz. I kept trying to tell them this, lol. ... Still love to watch it, obviously, and where better to watch it than in "The Land of The Spurs." They are *Gods* in this town. They completely own SA--it's pretty cool. So yeah... I'm pretty happy living here--for now, that is. :D :toast

/:blah LOL

Wait, so you're not a chick? Cause I remember you saying you're a "pinay" (which means girl, "pinoy" is boy)

Legacy
05-01-2012, 06:08 AM
Wait, so you're not a chick? Cause I remember you saying you're a "pinay" (which means girl, "pinoy" is boy)

Yes. I am half pinay, as well. NOT just a "chick", BTW. :lol

Outlier
05-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Yes. I am half pinay, as well. NOT just a "chick", BTW. :lol

How U doin? ;) Single?

Legacy
05-01-2012, 06:28 AM
^ Depends on how filthy-stinking rich you are, tbh. ;)

Outlier
05-01-2012, 06:34 AM
^ Depends on how filthy-stinking rich you are, tbh. ;)

Let's see. Let's be friends first ;) Mind if we be friends on Facebook?

Legacy
05-01-2012, 06:56 AM
^ Sorry, no facebook, MySpace, etc, here. Don't care for that drama. Too many exes trying to come back to me. Not my style at all. :rollin

Outlier
05-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Awww....

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2012, 07:34 AM
From bohol living in san antonio,texas since 1995. Go spurs go!!!!

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Well I'm glad this thread became a Flip Spurs fan hangout. Like legacy, I have foreign blood as well, the whole of my father's side starting from his father are Spaniards. Legacy, how long have you been a Spur fan?

bulakenyo
05-01-2012, 08:05 AM
I've been a Spurs fan since the David Robinson, Dennis Rodman, Sean Elliott days.

But I'm probably one of the earliest Manu Ginobili/Oberto fans from the Philippines.

Since the Argentina world championship success of Argentina in the US.

Legacy
05-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Well I'm glad this thread became a Flip Spurs fan hangout. Like legacy, I have foreign blood as well, the whole of my father's side starting from his father are Spaniards. Legacy, how long have you been a Spur fan?

I moved to San Antonio in 2000 (but have lived in several other places along the way--Hawaii, Italy, Guam, etc), and it's pretty damn hard to ignore The Spurs here. Spurs-Mania is THE REAL DEAL here in SA. This time of year is the best because wherever you go (even at a fancy restaurant--doesn't matter where) they will have tvs in the corner of the rooms with the Spurs game on. Everyone comes out and the city is like one big family. I also met Malik Rose when I was bartending at an Italian Restaurant. :p: They just act like completely normal people. So since about 2001, I suppose? Like I said, it is really, REALLY hard to avoid The Spurs in SA. They are simply *GODS* in this town. They completely own SA. ... But we also own them, too, of course. ;)

KenziE
05-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I moved to San Antonio in 2000 (but have lived in several other places along the way--Hawaii, Italy, Guam, etc), and it's pretty damn hard to ignore The Spurs here. Spurs-Mania is THE REAL DEAL here in SA. This time of year is the best because wherever you go (even at a fancy restaurant--doesn't matter where) they will have tvs in the corner of the rooms with the Spurs game on. Everyone comes out and the city is like one big family. I also met Malik Rose when I was bartending at an Italian Restaurant. :p: They just act like completely normal people. So since about 2001, I suppose? Like I said, it is really, REALLY hard to avoid The Spurs in SA. They are simply *GODS* in this town. They completely own SA. ... But we also own them, too, of course. ;)

GUAM i lived there from 2000-05
now lives in marikina phils and works in Alaska US every summer (salmon canning plant)
wish i could watch TD play before he retires !

Man In Black
05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
You guys lag. Spurs fan since Ice dropped 30 points per.
But very happy that not all Pinoys aren't LAL fans.

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 09:10 AM

Very cool, the many times I've been in the US I've never went to Texas, looking forward to visiting SA in the future.

NickiRasgo
05-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm surprised that almost all (I think) who posted here are Filipino where Philippines is not the only country in Asia.

You guys lag. Spurs fan since Ice dropped 30 points per.
But very happy that not all Pinoys aren't LAL fans.

Wow. :o I became a Spurs fan when I was 12 years old and now I'm 20. Sometimes I'm getting annoyed of those typical "fan" here, almost same age of mine. Most of them are not even updated only when Kobe, Durant, Griffin, etc. did that or there's a blockbuster trade or forming a "team" like the Heat, etc. then that's the time they will call themselves a "fan" of that team. Just irritating and will start to trash talk.

pawe
05-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Notorious ang mga pinoy sa pagiging bandwagon fans. Natatandaan ko halos karamihan ng pinoy naging suns fan nung run n gun pa ang style nila. Then naging Heat nung sumali na si james dun.
Walanghiya kayo, pag naging laker fan kayo pag nag retire si Duncan at Manu e magkalimutan na tayong lahat!

flipspursfan
05-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Notorious ang mga pinoy sa pagiging bandwagon fans. Natatandaan ko halos karamihan ng pinoy naging suns fan nung run n gun pa ang style nila. Then naging Heat nung sumali na si james dun.
Walanghiya kayo, pag naging laker fan kayo pag nag retire si Duncan at Manu e magkalimutan na tayong lahat!

Spurs fan since 1998 tbh

Mugen
05-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Won't be long before a karaoke meetup is scheduled, tbh.

easy7
05-01-2012, 12:07 PM
According to Manu_Forever Spain is in Asia, so I must be Asian too... :p: Welcome everyone...

pawe
05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Pfft, everyone knows Spain is in the US, right beside the state of Indiana. Know your geography.

easy7
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Pfft, everyone knows Spain is in the US, right beside the state of Indiana. Know your geography.

Damn, there goes my third world status... :lmao

caŽlo
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM
another spurs fan here :) from quezon city phil :)

last 2005(?) i think some of the filipino spurstalk met and watched a couple of games together :)

watched lebrons ass get swept :P

SPURadic
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Hello mga Pinoy!

Naglabasan ang mga Pinoy para sa playoffs! AYOS! :)

caŽlo
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
i've always been here :)

just logged out and lurking :P
:toast

ilovethespurs
05-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Glad to know there are people from all over the Phils- Marikina, Cubao and Bulacan here. Even a half-Pinay from SA. I'm from Commonwealth, QC myself. Been a Spurs fan since TD became a Spur. But I'm crazy about Manu and TP too.

Hey Legacy, I have an aunt and a couple of friends living in SA, all of them Filipinos and die-hard Spurs fanatics. Basketball is the national sport. There was even a book written about how Filipinos are basketball-crazy. It's called "Pacific Rim", written by an American author whose name escapes my memory now.

Mabuhay to all Filipino Spurs fans!!

L.I.T
05-01-2012, 10:10 PM

This is true. We go nuts for marketing.

outmap
05-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm from Marikina too! :toast I'm watching game on my iTouch.

I've been Spurs fan since 2002-2003, maybe because of NBA Live 2002 where my brother told me that he was the Season MVP. Kind of bandwagon. :lol Though the first game I've watched was Kings @ Lakers, Game 5 I think the winning shot of Horry. Too bad, I rooted for the Lakers that Playoffs. :depressed Anyway, since I rooted for the Spurs, I'm starting to appreciate the playing style (simple and fundamental, organization, the color (black & white), etc.

Drive For Five! :flag:

:lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt: :lobt2:

Filipinos represent! What app do use sir? :toast

NickiRasgo
05-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Filipinos represent! What app do use sir? :toast

NBA Game Time. :toast But my iTouch is Jailbroken. :depressed

100%duncan
05-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Cool lots of Filipinos

Legacy
05-02-2012, 01:56 AM
What a happy gathering we have here. :D

Now all we need is some lumpia, pancit, and chicken adobo. :hungry:

Legacy
05-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Won't be long before a karaoke meetup is scheduled, tbh.

Oh yeah... and this, too. :p:

flipspursfan
05-02-2012, 02:06 AM

Not sure if srs

outmap
05-02-2012, 02:09 AM
What a happy gathering we have here. :D

Now all we need is some lumpia, pancit, and chicken adobo. :hungry:

I prefer Sisig, Kilawin and a bottle of SanMig. :toast

outmap
05-02-2012, 02:12 AM
NBA Game Time. :toast But my iTouch is Jailbroken. :depressed

Nice! Got mine jailbroken also. :toast

Legacy
05-02-2012, 02:18 AM
I prefer Sisig, Kilawin and a bottle of SanMig. :toast

:lol Ahahaha. Nah. Some Sinigang, Halo-Halo, and a HUGE bottle of Red Horse over here please. :drunk :eyebrows

flipspursfan
05-02-2012, 02:26 AM
:lol Ahahaha. Nah. Some Sinigang, Halo-Halo, and a HUGE bottle of Red Horse over here please. :drunk :eyebrows

Add bagnet, isaw and a lot of street foods as well! Buckets of San Mig too!

KenziE
05-02-2012, 03:33 AM
inihaw na tilapia + inihaw na liempo wit suka bawang sangkatutak na sili + ice cold San mig light While watching Spurs = pinoy spurs fan

timmike2
05-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Wow lots of pinoy spurs fan here! Also a fan from cebu, philippines. Been rooting for spurs since 2001, the lakers era! lol

Nice to meet you guys.

NickiRasgo
05-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Nice! Got mine jailbroken also. :toast

You could watch that for free but you need the AppCracker then click Purchase on that app then you can watch if for free, still working. :toast Quality is decent but don't expect too much.

L.I.T
05-02-2012, 08:44 AM
another spurs fan here :) from quezon city phil :)

last 2005(?) i think some of the filipino spurstalk met and watched a couple of games together :)

watched lebrons ass get swept :P

2007. National Sports Grill sa GB3 I think.

outmap
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
2007. National Sports Grill sa GB3 I think.
Any new plans? :toast

You could watch that for free but you need the AppCracker then click Purchase on that app then you can watch if for free, still working. :toast Quality is decent but don't expect too much.
Thanks! Will try that one out. :toast

bulakenyo
05-03-2012, 12:35 AM
BTV is unreliable. Annoying.

They don't follow their own posted daily schedules.

It said they'll show the SAS-UTA game this 7:30am, but instead, they showed that IND-ORL game.

NickiRasgo
05-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Any new plans? :toast

Thanks! Will try that one out. :toast

No problem. :toast

BTV is unreliable. Annoying.

They don't follow their own posted daily schedules.

It said they'll show the SAS-UTA game this 7:30am, but instead, they showed that IND-ORL game.

Typical BTV, really sucks. Mostly, then don't telecast Spurs.

KenziE
05-03-2012, 02:05 AM
BTV is headed by CLOWNS ! i even started a thread a while back stating how it sucks to have BTV as your go to NBA channel

NBA premium is the way to go

NickiRasgo
08-07-2012, 12:59 AM
How are you all my fellow Spurs fan here in Philippines? Damn it, non-stop raining and there's a flood everywhere. And it's not even a typhoon! Lot of people got stranded. Most of photos posted on my newsfeed on my Facebook were about flood. Damn. :(

Some of the photos circulating:

Far Eastern University:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417308_4095031147287_225384349_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/551103_445732625450051_1302742164_n.jpg

University Of Santo Thomas:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/394606_10151080245354476_427583938_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/418372_450942244936668_1368627729_n.jpg

La Mesa Dam:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313278_10151013686209091_310807481_n.jpg

Marikina River:

Before:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/342651041_b6b8504970.jpg

Right Now:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293221_348032345270861_1062590521_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297552_10151172282981756_1196096839_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/422355_10151021719758791_622578319_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418491_392250010840246_1640053087_n.jpg

And most of the dams here are already spilled.

Let's all pray guys. Be safe everyone!

ilovethespurs
08-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Water everywhere! Quezon City resident here. Cant leave the house yet. Bukas pa siguro para safe. Stay safe people..Ingat mga kapatid.:depressed

NickiRasgo
08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Water everywhere! Quezon City resident here. Cant leave the house yet. Bukas pa siguro para safe. Stay safe people..Ingat mga kapatid.:depressed

Hey. How are you there? Good thing rain stopped this morning, I just woke up. Will volunteer also in our school.

Damn Marikina River at 20.19 meters:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376188_10151023642093791_1250200692_n.jpg

I'm from Marikina.

Stay safe too bro.

flipspursfan
08-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Hope all of my fellow Filipinos are alright! The floods were waist-deep here in Katipunan and gladly my flat is on the second floor. Hope everyone is alright!

-21-
08-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Damn! Prayin for yall. Stay safe guys.

ilovethespurs
08-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Damn! Prayin for yall. Stay safe guys.

Thanks bro.

SequSpur
08-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Pho ha long?