PDA

View Full Version : Obama's seal team ad really causing a stink...

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Bitch deserves it. That was a totally classless move.

Mr Obama has faced criticism even from allies about his decision to make a campaign ad about the bin Laden raid. Arianna Huffington, an outspoken liberal who runs the left-leaning Huffington Post website, roundly condemned it.
She told CBS: ‘We should celebrate the fact that they did such a great job. It's one thing to have an NBC special from the Situation Room... all that to me is perfectly legitimate, but to turn it into a campaign ad is one of the most despicable things you can do.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137636/Osama-bin-Laden-death-SEALs-slam-Obama-using-ammunition-bid-credit.html#ixzz1tdY9pxov

boutons_deux
05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Barry's kicking Repugs hard and low, just like real Repug, and where it hurts the Repugs.

You right-wingers love to dish out the garbage and slander, but you whine and groan when somebody hits back.

Winehole23
05-01-2012, 11:49 AM
he kept us safe

Winehole23
05-01-2012, 11:50 AM
http://articles.cnn.com/2004-09-07/politics/cheney.terror_1_dick-cheney-edwards-of-north-carolina-kerry-administration?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

cheguevara
05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
tbh he should do an add of DHS cavity searching 80 year old women and toddlers

keeping america safe and checking assholes :tu

TeyshaBlue
05-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Barry's kicking Repugs hard and low, just like real Repug, and where it hurts the Repugs.

You right-wingers love to dish out the garbage and slander, but you whine and groan when somebody hits back.

I had no idea Arianna Huffington was a right-winger.

:rolleyes

boutons_deux
05-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Wait, there's more!

Obama Campaign Strikes Squarely At Romney's Swiss Bank Account

On Tuesday morning, the Obama campaign followed Strickland's script to a T, putting out an ad in Ohio called, of all things, "Swiss Bank Account." The spot will air in Virginia and Iowa as well, and according to a campaign aide, has a significant amount of money behind it.

The ad is actually a response to another one being run by a conservative outside group attacking the president for his alternative energy policies. And for that reason it opens up by pointing out that that group, Americans for Prosperity, was accused by fact-checkers of using inaccurate or downright false information. From there, however, there are only haymakers.

"As a corporate CEO, [Romney] shipped American jobs to places like Mexico and China," the script goes. "As Governor, he outsourced state jobs to a call center in India. He's still pushing tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas. It’s just what you expect from a guy who had a Swiss Bank Account."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01/obama-campaign-romney-swiss-bank-account_n_1467021.html?ref=daily-brief?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=050112&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NewsEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

"There are only 2 reasons to have a Swiss bank account: hedging against the dollar or avoiding paying fair share in taxes,"

TeyshaBlue
05-01-2012, 02:04 PM
lol @ spinbot

Sec24Row7
05-01-2012, 02:55 PM
And they found out about the swiss bank account because? He REPORTED IT ON HIS TAXES!!! lol...

What I really don't like is the fact that he has gone to Afghanistan to make a campaign speech... and I don't think it is going to play well with the American people either...

George Gervin's Afro
05-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I seem to remember the former president using pictures of him on Air Force one during the 9/11 attack in campaign ads... short memories I guess.. I alos remember the bull horn ad where the president was reassuring the fire fighters that we were going to make those who did this pay... but I guess those were ok... seems to me that this president has to take all of the blame for everything but run away from everything that he should take credit for...seems to me the thread starter is a bitch..

George Gervin's Afro
05-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Bush Plans Ad Campaign Using 9/11 Imagery

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26575-2004Mar3.html

By Terry M. Neal
washingtonpost.com Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 3, 2004; 3:15 PM

President Bush's reelection campaign will begin running ads in key battleground states around the country tomorrow that focus on the president's leadership on the economy and on the war on terrorism, and feature firefighters and footage from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

The multimillion-dollar ad blitz comes at a time when the president's job approval rating has been slipping and he has fallen slightly behind in polls to Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.), who all but wrapped up the Democratic nomination in Super Tuesday last night.

The ads strike a positive tone and don't mention Kerry. But the use of Sept. 11 imagery may cause some controversy and provide ammunition for Democrats who have long accused the president of exploiting the tragedy for political purposes.

"I know exactly where I want to lead this country," Bush says in one ad. "I'm optimistic about America because I believe in the people of America."

At a press briefing this morning at Bush campaign headquarters in Arlington, Bush media adviser Mark McKinnon addressed a question about the use of Sept. 11 images, saying "obviously 9/11 was the defining moment of these times," and that the president's response to attacks "are important parts of this administration's record."

McKinnon, Bush campaign manager Ken Mehlman and chief strategist Matthew Dowd refused to divulge details of where the ads were running or the cost of the media buy. But they described it as a "moderate" purchase that would be seen on national cable systems and in select markets around the country.

Later, a Bush campaign official said that the buy would cost about $4.4 million for now but could grow. He said the ads would run, at least initially, for three weeks.

A senior Democratic official in Washington who tracks the competition's ad strategy said the Bush campaign had purchased air time in about 50 media markets in 17 states: Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

The Bush campaign appears to be focusing resources on key battleground states from 2000 that could again be up for grabs this November.

Bush advisers said today that the ads are meant to show that the country is safer and stronger because of Bush and to make the case that Bush's policies have put America on the right path.

"We thought it important to start with a setting the table of where the country's been over the last three years," said Dowd. He called the ads -- one 60-second spot and three 30-second spots, including one in Spanish -- the beginning of a conversation that will last until the election. Dowd said ads would be on the air consistently, though not necessarily every day, until Nov. 2.

The commercials are the first phase of what is expected to be a multimillion-dollar advertising onslaught. They carry the slogan: "Steady leadership in times of change."

Bush has more than $100 million in the bank, a large part of which will be spent on TV ads over the next few months.

The Bush campaign has predicted it will raise in excess of $170 million overall, which will likely far exceed what Kerry can raise.

"President Bush has provided the kind of steady leadership that the American people are looking for," Mehlman said. "He has made this country more secure at home and abroad, and his pro-growth policies are helping to create jobs and strengthen the economic recovery. These ads share the president's optimism about America's direction."

A statement issued by the Kerry campaign today blasts Bush's ad campaign as "revisionist history," and attacks his record on jobs, federal spending and domestic issues: "He said he would create 3.9 million jobs, but 3 million more people have lost their jobs. He said he would make health care more affordable, but 2.8 million more have lost their health insurance. He said he would cut the federal debt by $1 trillion, but his policies have added $1 trillion more, leaving the federal debt at over $7 trillion. Most astonishing, George Bush’s ad features a shot of the wreckage of that tragic September day almost 3 years ago, and the firefighters who so bravely worked to save lives.

In an interview on Tuesday, Republican National Committee chairman Ed Gillespie downplayed the Bush campaign's money advantage, suggesting that independent expenditures by pro-Democratic groups and individuals would more than even the playing field.

"Well there's not really a money advantage when you look at the outside groups, and the fact is that these organizations like the AFL-CIO, Moveon.org, Americans Coming Together -- the George Soros funded organization -- they've said they'll spend between $560-$620 million to defeat the President this year," Gillespie said. "And I'm not sure that's legal, but that's what they said. And if that's the case, then those who seek to defeat the president in 2004 will outspend those of us who seek to reelect him."

Democrats scoff at that notion, noting that the Bush campaign, the RNC and various independent groups outspent Al Gore, the DNC and assorted Democratic-leaning groups by an estimated $178 million in 2000.

"The president is going to set all kinds of fundraising records," said Democratic National Committee spokesman Tony Welch. "And somehow [Gillespie] manages to say with a straight face that they're going to be at a disadvantage. Nobody believes that."

google seacrh.. 1st item on page

thread starter is a bitch

George Gervin's Afro
05-01-2012, 03:07 PM
http://articles.cnn.com/2004-03-05/politics/elec04.prez.main_1_ads-firefighter-commercials?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

http://www.businessinsider.com/president-bush-and-the-911-politicization-2012-5

bitch

LongtimeSpursFan
05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
^ This.

cheguevara
05-01-2012, 03:17 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg/220px-Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

coyotes_geek
05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Just more evidence that Obama = Bush.

Bartleby
05-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Using war as a backdrop for political theater is lame no matter which side is doing it, but conservatives have absolutely no ground for complaining when libs do it.

Wild Cobra
05-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Bitch deserves it. That was a totally classless move.

He's just showing his Chicago gangster buddies he can command people to kill too.

George Gervin's Afro
05-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Using war as a backdrop for political theater is lame no matter which side is doing it, but conservatives have absolutely no ground for complaining when libs do it.

bingo!

coyotes_geek
05-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Granted I think that all political theater is lame, but within the lame-ness that is the world of political theater I don't see why using war as a medium is deserving of special ridicule. Afterall, we the people have no qualms about using the whole war/military service angle to manufacture some artificial outrage/adoration for or against candidates, so why should anyone have a problem with a politician playing the same game?

Republicans who bashed Bill Clinton for being a draft dodger while pointing to Bush 41's and Dole's distinguished service record had no problem flip flopping when John Kerry came along. Democrats weren't bothered about Bill Clinton's whereabouts during Vietnam, yet W's whereabouts were incredibly important to them.

Both sides are a bunch of fucking phonies who have no qualms about turning war and the military into a campaign prop. So TBQH, I don't have a problem with Obama running the ad at all. None whatsoever. If Obama thinks the OBL raid is an achievement that he needs to market to voters, he's got every right to do so and is well within the accepted boundaries that we the people have set for our politicians as determined by our own actions.

TeyshaBlue
05-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Only one side can be a phony CG.

TeyshaBlue
05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
If both were phonies, how would we know?

Only through the thorough application of red team:blue team analysis can these anomalies be called out. Right?

TeyshaBlue
05-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Arianna Huffington says "no"?

jack sommerset
05-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I seem to remember the former president using pictures of him on Air Force one during the 9/11 attack in campaign ads... short memories I guess.. I alos remember the bull horn ad where the president was reassuring the fire fighters that we were going to make those who did this pay... but I guess those were ok... seems to me that this president has to take all of the blame for everything but run away from everything that he should take credit for...seems to me the thread starter is a bitch..

My sweet innocent baby brother, you should understand more than anyone why this is frowned upon even by huge Obama supporters like mrs huffington. You cannot have it both ways. You cannot condemn one man and praise another for doing the same thing. God bless

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

ChumpDumper
05-01-2012, 04:28 PM
My sweet innocent baby brother, you should understand more than anyone why this is frowned upon even by huge Obama supporters like mrs huffington. You cannot have it both ways. You cannot condemn one man and praise another for doing the same thing. God bless

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.So you are condemning Bush for his 9/11 ads.

:tu

jack sommerset
05-01-2012, 04:31 PM
So you are condemning Bush for his 9/11 ads.

:tu

Yes my brother, I also salute you for calling Obama a liar. We are very much on the same side. God bless

George Gervin's Afro
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

hey dumbass I never praised anyone... obviously you missed the part where the red tam is complaining when they were guilty of doing it as well..

God Bless

jack sommerset
05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
hey dumbass I never praised anyone... obviously you missed the part where the red tam is complaining when they were guilty of doing it as well..

God Bless

I understand you my brother, I shall pray for you tonight. Try to keep a open mind and stop thinking in terms of colors, race and cultures. God bless

ChumpDumper
05-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Yes my brother, I also salute you for calling Obama a liar. We are very much on the same side. God blessSure, they're all liars. What are you saying he lied about specifically?

jack sommerset
05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Sure, they're all liars. What are you saying he lied about specifically?

Let's rejoice on this wonderful day. You and I shared a moment. We are brothers. God bless

ChumpDumper
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Let's rejoice on this wonderful day. You and I shared a moment. We are brothers. God blessWhat a polite dodge.

Bender
05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I cant decide if I like the new Jack better or the old Jack...

jack sommerset
05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
What a polite dodge.

I would like you to take the positive rather than the what you perceive as a negative from today's exchange. It's not healthy to continually question, attack someone's opposing view, opinions in the day to day matter in which to do. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the moment. Take it as a challenge! When you look at something as a problem,you are a part of the problem. When you take something as a challenge, you are a part of the solution! God bless

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."

ChumpDumper
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
I would like you to take the positive rather than the what you perceive as a negative from today's exchange. It's not healthy to continually question, attack someone's opposing view, opinions in the day to day matter in which to do. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the moment. Take it as a challenge!On the contrary, I derive great enjoyment from continually questioning people on this forum. Eventually, you see what people are really made of. For example, you post little of substance, often trying to mitigate your snarkiness with a throwaway "God bless" you really don't seem to believe at all or some inane Bible quote of the day rather than actually engage in a conversation.

When you look at something as a problem,you are a part of the problem. When you take something as a challenge, you are a part of the solution! God blessAll you had to say was you lied and had nothing specific, just snark. Take it a challenge next time!

jack sommerset
05-01-2012, 08:48 PM
On the contrary, I derive great enjoyment from continually questioning people on this forum. Eventually, you see what people are really made of. For example, you post little of substance, often trying to mitigate your snarkiness with a throwaway "God bless" you really don't seem to believe at all or some inane Bible quote of the day rather than actually engage in a conversation.

All you had to say was you lied and had nothing specific, just snark. Take it a challenge next time!

I am going to tuck my littles ones in to bed and then pray for you. You're only fighting yourself. God bless

ChumpDumper
05-01-2012, 08:52 PM
I am going to tuck my littles ones in to bed and then pray for you. You're only fighting yourself. God bless:lol

Don't be ridiculous. Consider it a challenge.

CosmicCowboy
05-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Breathe Bouchump.

God Bless!

rjv
05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
not a surprise-obama's administration has been as hawkish as the bush administration. further evidence of how our political landscape is shifting constantly to the right.

BlairForceDejuan
05-02-2012, 09:02 AM
If Obama were a real O.G. he'd put Obl head in a glass case atop his desk.

Lettuce be reality, Obama didn't do anything other than say "OK" when the dogs of war informed him they were about to cap OBL.

EVAY
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
If Obama were a real O.G. he'd put Obl head in a glass case atop his desk.

Lettuce be reality, Obama didn't do anything other than say "OK" when the dogs of war informed him they were about to cap OBL.

Actually, this is flat-assed wrong.

Read what really happened. Obama drove it all the way, until telling the military commanders that they could decide timing and personnel.

Getting OBL was a huge Obama win. Just like getting Hussein was for Bush.

Both parties use their successes in 'getting' people to their benefit in elections. It is not attractive, but it is inevitable and bipartisan.

Everybody just get over it.

boutons_deux
05-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Stewart Assails GOP for Their Hypocrisy on Obama Campaign Bringing Up Bin Laden

The GOP is all in a lather about the fact that President Obama is bringing to the fore his accomplishments, including his ordering the killing of Osama Bin Laden, as the campaign kicks off.

"Are you on crack?" Jon Stewart asked the Grand Old Party on his show last night, bringing up George W. Bush's fabled "mission accomplished" moment up right away and, as is his wont, finding insanely hypocritical footage of GOP officials from that administration's era of leadership (looking at you, Ed Gillepsie and George Pataki).

At the end of this series of videos, Jon Stewart imagines how the Bush administration would have handled the Bin Laden killing in an add, including the phrase "Pussy Island."

video included.

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/911319/stewart_assails_gop_for_their_hypocrisy_on_obama_c ampaign_bringing_up_bin_laden/#paragraph3