PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 was fate for me

Jimcs50
06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I survived a Game 7 last October when my RedSox broke their curse in a game 7 against the Yankees. I have always thought that I could not take Game 7s, because I get too nervous, but since my Sox won, then my Spurs can too.

There really is nothing better in sports than a winner take all game for all the marbles.

ABC is thrilled to get a Game 7 because there will be a 100% increase in TV ratings for this game over the first 4 games. Game 7s are like the Super Bowl, the College Football championship game, and the March Madness Finals and there is nothing more popular in sports than those three games. It is win or go home, no second chances.

The Spurs do not exactly have a stellar record in Game 7s, losing to Washington in 79, Houston in 81, Portland in 90 and only winning in 79 against Philly, but since my Red Sox won, I have faith that my other favorite team will follow suit with a victory Thursday night.

Will I be puking my guts out? Will I be nervous as hell? Will I sleep tonight? Yes, yes, and no.

But this is why we watch sports, this is the best of the best. This is where champions show their mettle, where heros are born, and where fans are made. There is some 8 yr old kid who will watch the game and decide that he is a Spurs fan forever, because he watched a Spurs team that came through with the best game of the season, a team that won the championship in a Game 7.

So just sit back and watch the best spectacle in sports, a Game 7. :smokin

SWC Bonfire
06-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Will I be puking my guts out? Will I be nervous as hell? Will I sleep tonight? Yes, yes, and no.

In light of the AFI movie quote special that nobody watched because of the spurs game:

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

:drunk

The end of the world will not come in game 7 if the Spurs get outscored.

Jimcs50
06-22-2005, 09:28 AM
In light of the AFI movie quote special that nobody watched because of the spurs game:

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

:drunk

The end of the world will not come in game 7 if the Spurs get outscored.

I was drinking Jack Daniels because I had friends over, and I never drink during games, because I want to be clear headed. I will not drink on Thursday, I promise you that. :)

Jimcs50
06-22-2005, 09:33 AM
So put me on a highway
And show me a sign
And take it to the limit one more time

Take it to the limit
Take it to the limit
Take it to the limit one more time

Yeah Baby!!!

:smokin