PDA

View Full Version : chokericks have returned

FkLA
05-01-2012, 04:58 PM
no big daddy tyson to hold dirks hand and theyre back to being the same ol choking losers :lmao

Jodelo
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Five star thread, would read again!

Hooks
05-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Mavs can still come back and win, anything is possible when Westbrick is on the opposing team.

FkLA
05-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Five star thread, would read again!

0-2 :lmao

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Call me crazy, but, I still want the Thunder to pound that ass till it squirts blood. I'll most likely live to regret it because we'll play Hell beating them, but, in for penny--in for pound.

Spur_Fanatic
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
OKC-LAL would make a nice series.

Hugo Stiglitz
05-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Call me crazy, but, I still want the Thunder to pound that ass till it squirts blood. I'll most likely live to regret it because we'll play Hell beating them, but, in for penny--in for pound.

Say auf Wiedersehen to your Nazi balls.

Halberto
05-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I don't think any spurs fan has room to call the Mavs chokers

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
^After The Skunker & 8 Hal has a point beside the top of his fuckin' head.

Koolaid_Man
05-01-2012, 07:13 PM

It's the only I'll have it...

I want to see Harding shit his pants once he see's Artest again :lol

DAF86
05-01-2012, 07:17 PM
:lol _irk Chokewitzki
:lol _allas Chokericks
:lol it's funny

FkLA
05-01-2012, 08:23 PM
^should be _irk Nowinzki tbh

HeatChamps
05-01-2012, 08:25 PM
The Thunder are tapping that pussy.

FkLA
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't think any spurs fan has room to call the Mavs chokers

4 rings, pussy.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/520/981/86145331_crop_650x440.jpg?1290512433

Will Hunting
05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah a lot of fucksticks were quite delusional about the Mavericks this year

Just like it would be wicked retarded to think that getting any degree from UTSA will get you anywhere in life

Venti Quattro
05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
4 rings, pussy.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/520/981/86145331_crop_650x440.jpg?1290512433

This must have been your morphine while you were sobbing to two sobering facts:

1. The Spurs perfectly executed what their fans were destroying the Mavs fans for years.

2. The Mavs perfectly executed what the Spurs fans dreamt of their team last year.

100%duncan
05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
They can still win the series,tbh.

FkLA
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
This must have been your morphine while you were sobbing to two sobering facts:

1. The Spurs perfectly executed what their fans were destroying the Mavs fans for years.

2. The Mavs perfectly executed what the Spurs fans dreamt of their team last year.

Nah. Despite 8, Mavs are still way ahead in the choking department tbh.

Just like it would be wicked retarded to think that getting any degree from UTSA will get you anywhere in life

http://www.utsafootballfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/17142_634204562065_25407661_37419896_3173793_n.jpe g

mavs>spurs
05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah a lot of fucksticks were quite delusional about the Mavericks this year

:lmao

FkLA
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
^sup fag hows your asshole holding up tbh

Latarian Milton
05-02-2012, 05:06 AM
_allas chokericks

_irk Nowitzki :lmao

FkLA
05-04-2012, 02:55 AM

has a defending champion ever been swept in the first round the following year ???

HeatChamps
05-04-2012, 02:56 AM

Jacob1983
05-04-2012, 03:18 AM
STD Wade's Heat in 2007 got swept by the Bulls in the 1st round.

freetiago
05-04-2012, 03:26 AM

has a defending champion ever been swept in the first round the following year ???

06 heat swept by bulls
basically the two teams that should have never won the title

FkLA
05-04-2012, 04:12 AM
06 heat swept by bulls
basically the two teams that should have never won the title

:tu

biggest flukes in nba history tbh, mavs just lucky they ran into a bigger choker than themselves in bron last yr

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 04:14 AM

it's not even the same team but i know, i know being retarded is your shtick.

if anyone is to blame it's cuban but he's not really a player, unless you count the fact that he fucked your mom and girlfriend

Nathan89
05-04-2012, 04:17 AM
no big daddy tyson to hold dirks hand and theyre back to being the same ol choking losers :lmao

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/CubanF.gif

FkLA
05-04-2012, 04:20 AM

if anyone is to blame it's cuban but he's not really a player, unless you count the fact that he fucked your mom and girlfriend

but i thought :cry the 2nd best PF of all-time and top 15 player all-time had a weak supporting cast and carried the mothafuckin mavs on his back last yr :cry

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 04:25 AM
dude's 33 years old, has a pile of shit around him, and you're just being an idiot. i was in attendance and the refs really were THAT bad. it just wasn't our year man, tyson was a big part of the team. i'm a big tyson fan, i think he brings the intangibles.

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 04:27 AM
^but yes dirk did put the team on his back last year, they had his back and played their roles, but he carried that team on his motherfuckin back many times. too many clutch shots and come from behind victories to count. last year, dirk became at least for a short while the best closer and 4th quarter player in the league. ill always give him props for that no matter what happens from here in.

FkLA
05-04-2012, 04:41 AM
jj be@ner, big daddy tyson, and even lincoln were all solid dirk had alot of help tbh mavfan just likes to say otherwise to prop up dirk

and the refs were responsible for a blowout ?

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 04:50 AM
nobody is denying that it's a team effort, but when is it ever not? shaq had kobe, glen rice, horry, fisher. jordan had pippen and others. duncan had robinson, elliott, elie, kerr, ginobili, parker, etc. of course dirk had help like every one else who's ever won one. that in no way takes away from what he did last year.

but to answer your question, it was so bad rick and dirk both got t'ed up early on. i played ball my whole life so i know a bad call when i see one, and its easy for me to pick up on momentum changing calls and the like. the thunder got a big lead early on with a boost from the zebras and never relenquished. we aren't good enough to overcome something like that. maybe last year, but not this year. i kid you not, westbrook was going up for a fastbreak layup all alone and flopped. md thought it was a foul at first and i said no it wasn't check it out and when the replay showed no contact whatsoever the place erupted in boos. there were like 25 calls throughout the night that ranged from questionable to just downright unfair.

FkLA
05-04-2012, 05:27 AM
tbh you just need to sleep this loss off brah

silverblk mystix
05-04-2012, 05:46 AM
lol mavs
lol jim carrey crying
lol irk is back
lol turtlehead dirty player
lol 64 yo kidd
lol one and done

lol 1 and done

lol mav fans :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
05-04-2012, 06:09 AM
if you say the cheat didnt deserve 06, say mavs won that year
u come back for 07 with best record, gets sweep by gsw...

same shit as this year and last year....

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 06:12 AM
^ mavs were psychologically ruined after the 06 finals, who's to say that if that doesn't happen they still choke against golden state? We could be looking at 3 rings

DPG21920
05-04-2012, 08:44 AM
What I don't get is the Mavs still have a healthy Dirk, Jet and Kidd. They also replaced, with the exception of Tyson, everyone who left with equal or better talent. So how are they so lame now? Is Tyson really the difference in a ring vs not winning a single playoff game?

Axe Murderer
05-04-2012, 08:47 AM
What I don't get is the Mavs still have a healthy Dirk, Jet and Kidd. They also replaced, with the exception of Tyson, everyone who left with equal or better talent. So how are they so lame now? Is Tyson really the difference in a ring vs not winning a single playoff game?

tbh Dirk just isn't stepping up like he did last season.

Last year vs the Thunder he had that ridiculous game 1, carried his team to an amazing game 4 comeback, and made some clutch shots in game 5 to close it out. He just couldn't repeat that kind of performance this season.

There were a lot of close games we won in last year's playoffs. In games 1 and 2, OKC just made the plays down the stretch

DPG21920
05-04-2012, 08:49 AM
I guess the difference is the seeding. Being the 7 seed now plays a role bc OKC in the first round is brutal.

Will Hunting
05-04-2012, 09:00 AM
lol mavs
lol jim carrey crying
lol irk is back
lol turtlehead dirty player
lol 64 yo kidd
lol one and done

lol 1 and done

lol mav fans :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

About as funny as some sissy prison guard getting his masshole plowed on a daily basis

Koolaid_Man
05-04-2012, 09:11 AM
:tu

biggest flukes in nba history tbh, mavs just lucky they ran into a bigger choker than themselves in bron last yr

:lol

I think they would have beat OKC if they had Odom :lol instead of Marion..with the way Marion is playing he should have just followed Odom and Khloe to where-ever it is they went. :lol

Killakobe81
05-04-2012, 09:32 AM
^but yes dirk did put the team on his back last year, they had his back and played their roles, but he carried that team on his motherfuckin back many times. too many clutch shots and come from behind victories to count. last year, dirk became at least for a short while the best closer and 4th quarter player in the league. ill always give him props for that no matter what happens from here in.

I'll co-sign. For last year he was a BOSS. i think he was a bit underrated after the Heat/G-state collapse, fair or not. and then people went overboard last year. Dirk is a great player but he still has his limitations ...people were putting him over KG and Larry Bird (shooting) that was ridiculous. His year was not a fluke but to expect him to shoot like last year (best i have ever seen over a full season plus playoffs) is unrealistic.

TIMMYtoZO
05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I'll co-sign. For last year he was a BOSS. i think he was a bit underrated after the Heat/G-state collapse, fair or not. and then people went overboard last year. Dirk is a great player but he still has his limitations ...people were putting him over KG and Larry Bird (shooting) that was ridiculous. His year was not a fluke but to expect him to shoot like last year (best i have ever seen over a full season plus playoffs) is unrealistic.

:lol Ummmm, Dirk is better than KG overall as a player. KG was a better defender and was more athletic, but he never could thrive as "the man" on O in the postseason like Dirk has. Pierce was the man in the celts 08 title run. KG was just a sidekick and the defensive anchor. In 2004, KG has Cassell/Spreewell to finally get him out of the first round. Dirk also has OWNED KG in head to head matchups. Dirk being able to take over games consistently in the playoffs puts him over KG.

FkLA
05-04-2012, 04:54 PM
:lol Ummmm, Dirk is better than KG overall as a player. KG was a better defender and was more athletic, but he never could thrive as "the man" on O in the postseason like Dirk has. Pierce was the man in the celts 08 title run. KG was just a sidekick and the defensive anchor. In 2004, KG has Cassell/Spreewell to finally get him out of the first round. Dirk also has OWNED KG in head to head matchups. Dirk being able to take over games consistently in the playoffs puts him over KG.

No.

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 04:56 PM
^yup dude's right, you just don't know basketball and picked gangbanger with your first pick

Will Hunting
05-04-2012, 05:00 PM

Shut your twat you sissy fuckstick. Garnett was a man's man. You gotta be wicked retahded to take that 7 foot nazi especially when he plays only one side of the floor.

_irk wouldn't know what good defense was if it came up and slapped him out of the commonwealth.

unforeseen
05-04-2012, 05:06 PM
They can still win the series,tbh.

No chance tbh.

FkLA
05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Very few people other than certain mav homers would take Dirks career over KGs.

mavs>spurs
05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
:lol a laker fan and a heat fan agreed with me in this thread. #FAIL

TIMMYtoZO
05-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Very few people other than certain mav homers would take Dirks career over KGs.

:lol Yes, because KG thrived being the #1 guy right? That worked so well in Minnesota. That is why he went to Boston to get away from that role. He was best suited for defensive anchor, intensity chest pounds, and being a sidekick to Pierce.

FkLA
05-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Killa said he was being overrated after he won a ring, and that it was ridiculous that people were rating him higher than KG...

Venti Quattro
05-04-2012, 05:24 PM
KG should never be rated higher than Dirk.

FkLA
05-04-2012, 05:27 PM
^Dude youre a house n!gger. Mavfans are your buddies so you suck off their team and Dirk. Your opinion on this matter is worthless.

DAF86
05-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Beign butthurt is your shtick?

TIMMYtoZO
05-04-2012, 05:33 PM
^Dude youre a house n!gger. Mavfans are your buddies so you suck off their team and Dirk. Your opinion on this matter is worthless.

GNSF with the sick burn. :lol

DAF86
05-04-2012, 05:42 PM
If Pierce was the man in that Celtics team why did Garnett finished third in MVP voting that year? Why did they won the 'ship that year and lost in the first round the next one without him only to get one decent quarter away of winning it all again when he came back?

Saying that KG wasn't the man in those Celtics teams is a pretty retarded opinion.

Venti Quattro
05-04-2012, 05:46 PM

http://i.imgur.com/gJymD.jpg

Venti Quattro
05-04-2012, 05:50 PM
If Pierce was the man in that Celtics team why did Garnett finished third in MVP voting that year?
He was their defensive and emotional leader. He provided what the Celtics needed beyond stats.

Why did they won the 'ship that year and lost in the first round the next one without him only to get one decent quarter away of winning it all again when he came back?
If Pierce was the one who got injured in Utah in 2009, they also wouldn't have won the championship anyway. So what's your point?

Saying that KG wasn't the man in those Celtics teams is a pretty retarded opinion.
Again, Garnett was their defensive and emotional leader. But Pierce was the one making the clutch shots for them.

FkLA
05-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Ginobili has been the Spurs closer and making the clutch shots/plays since around 04-05. Does that mean Duncan wasnt the best player on most of those teams ?

DAF86
05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
He was their defensive and emotional leader. He provided what the Celtics needed beyond stats.

Chandler was the defensive and emotional leader of the Mavs last season but he didn't get MVP votes over Dirk.

If Pierce was the one who got injured in Utah in 2009, they also wouldn't have won the championship anyway. So what's your point?

I doubt they would have lost in the first round.

Again, Garnett was their defensive and emotional leader. But Pierce was the one making the clutch shots for them.

Since when making clutch shots=beign the man?

KG was the man of those Celtics, he was by far their best and most impactful player.

FkLA
05-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Only in an attempt to prop up Dirk by mav homers/house n!ggers is a guy who finished 3rd in MVP voting, won DPOY, led the team in scoring in reg season, trailed Pierce in scoring by less than a point in postseason, not the best player on his team.

Venti Quattro
05-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Chandler was the defensive and emotional leader of the Mavs last season but he didn't get MVP votes over Dirk.
Defensive I get, but emotional leader and being the man? :lol det was Dirk.

I doubt they would have lost in the first round.
They didn't. They lost in the second round. You still don't get the point. If either of them gets injured, they were not going to win a championship.

Since when making clutch shots=beign the man?

KG was the man of those Celtics, he was by far their best and most impactful player.
I never said that making clutch shots = being the man. However, I said that while Garnett was their defensive and emotional leader, Pierce was the clutch guy. Those are two different things.

Venti Quattro
05-04-2012, 06:09 PM

Ginobili has been the Spurs closer and making the clutch shots/plays since around 04-05. Does that mean Duncan wasnt the best player on most of those teams ?
Where can you quote me on record that I said Pierce was the clear-cut guy on the Celtics?

Only in an attempt to prop up Dirk by mav homers/house n!ggers is a guy who finished 3rd in MVP voting, won DPOY, led the team in scoring in reg season, trailed Pierce in scoring by less than a point in postseason, not the best player on his team.
You are just doing anything to put down Dirk. No, Garnett is not better than Nowitzki. KG never had to carry an entire team to the title on his shoulders like Dirk Diggler did, plus he never had the consistency of Dirk's seasons.

Josepatches_
05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Tim Duncan 99 03 05 07 >>>>>> Garnett 08

Duncan leaded the team in points and rebounds during the regular season & playoffs all those years we win.He was by far the best player of the Spurs.

It's not clear who was the best in Boston.You could say Pierce or you could say KG but none of them was clearly the best.
Sure KG was a beast in Minnesota and one of the best players in the league but he failed in the playoffs.

Nowitzki at least was able to lead his team being the first weapon to the NBA Finals 2 times winning one.

Josepatches_
05-04-2012, 07:09 PM

Duncan leaded the team in points and rebounds during the regular season & playoffs clearly all those years we win.He was by far the best player of the Spurs.

It's not clear who was the best in Boston.You could say Pierce or you could say KG but none of them was clearly the best.
Sure KG was a beast in Minnesota and one of the best players in the league but he failed in the playoffs.

Nowitzki at least was able to lead his team being the first weapon to the NBA Finals 2 times winning one.

FkLA
05-05-2012, 04:41 AM

Duncan leaded the team in points and rebounds during the regular season & playoffs all those years we win.He was by far the best player of the Spurs.

I dont think anyone is saying KG is better than Duncan. Also anyone who actually questions whether KG was the best Celtic in 08' is retarded. Again the nigga won DPOY, was 3rd in MVP voting, 1st-Team All-NBA & All-Defense, led the team in scoring in regular season, trailed Pierce by less than a point in post-season. Pierce may have been the captain, closer, and most beloved Celtic but KG was clearly the best player.

Regarding his 'playoff failures', how can you even call them that? His teams were always expected to lose, the TWolves were perennial 8 seeds who only got into the playoffs because of KG. Before Spree&Cassell the best players he ever had alongside were probably Terell Brandon, Troy Hudson, and Wally Sczerbiak lol.The one year he actually did have help he led his team to the 1st seed and a WCF trip.

Where can you quote me on record that I said Pierce was the clear-cut guy on the Celtics?

You are just doing anything to put down Dirk. No, Garnett is not better than Nowitzki. KG never had to carry an entire team to the title on his shoulders like Dirk Diggler did, plus he never had the consistency of Dirk's seasons.

Youre saying KG wasnt the clear-cut guy which is just as retarded.

The dude only put up 20-10-5 for most of the past decade all while being a Top 3 defender in the league the entire 2000s...yet he never had the consistency of Dirks seasons? :lmao

Youre confusing teams with players. The TWolves werent as consistent as the Mavs, but than again the Mavs never had Troy Hudson or Wally Sczerbiak as their 2nd best players. The early-mid 2000s PF position was dominated by TD, KG, and Webber. Dirk was second-tier. Anybody whos worth a shit knows that.

tesseractive
05-05-2012, 10:09 AM
KG should never be rated higher than Dirk.

I think it's a tough call. I think Garnett peaked in the mid 2000s when he had those shitty Minnesota teams around him. If the Mavs and T-Wolves had swapped Garnett for Nowitzki back then (with Nash, Finley, etc.), I think Garnett could have carried that team to a title or two, because he could have run with that team's offense like Dirk, but also been a defensive anchor.

KG had a lot of miles on him by the time he got to Boston, though. Meanwhile, Dirk kept getting better. So I guess Dirk wins by virtue of being the clear main guy on a title team while Garnett never was, but I think it's close.

blah blah blah
05-05-2012, 12:03 PM
I would say Dirk over KG but it's definitely close.

Dirk clearcut leading two teams to the Finals, winning one, cements it for me. Sure KG was a more complete player but so was Rasheed Wallace, Chris Webber, James Worthy, Pau Gasol, and Chris Bosh off the top of my head. You'll never see any of those guys ranked ahead of Dirk

:lol the funniest thing is that both sides are saying "Clearly it's _____" when it's definitely a close argument

Goran Dragic
05-05-2012, 12:11 PM
If Pierce was the man in that Celtics team why did Garnett finished third in MVP voting that year? Why did they won the 'ship that year and lost in the first round the next one without him only to get one decent quarter away of winning it all again when he came back?

They were a game away from the ECF the year Garnett was injured. They didn't lose in the first round. Regardless, I agree that he was the MVP of the 2008 team. He transformed them into the best defensive team in the NBA and he led them in scoring in the playoffs that year. The difference between the 2008 Celtics and 2011 Mavs is that the Mavs were sure as fuck not a team that would be a game away from the conference finals without Dirk. I don't think it's close between prime Dirk and Boston KG (i.e. the KG who scored mostly off wide open shots created by someone else). Prime Dirk vs. Prime KG is a lot closer and can be debated to no end.

DAF86
05-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Defensive I get, but emotional leader and being the man? :lol det was Dirk.

I don't know who the emotional leader was in neither of those teams, I wasn't there with them. What I know is what everybody said: that Chandler was very vocal and shit.

They didn't. They lost in the second round. You still don't get the point. If either of them gets injured, they were not going to win a championship.

Yeah, I don't know why I thought they lost in the first round. Probably because it was a pretty hard series against the Bulls. And I agree that the Celtcis wouldn't have won the 'ship without Pierce either but the same could be said about the Mavs without Chandler.

I never said that making clutch shots = being the man. However, I said that while Garnett was their defensive and emotional leader, Pierce was the clutch guy. Those are two different things.

OK, so? What were you trying to prove with that?

FkLA
05-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Dirk clearcut leading two teams to the Finals, winning one, cements it for me. Sure KG was a more complete player but so was Rasheed Wallace, Chris Webber, James Worthy, Pau Gasol, and Chris Bosh off the top of my head. You'll never see any of those guys ranked ahead of Dirk

Completely different comparisons, imo. None of those players are arguably the best defensive PF of all-time like KG is. None of them put up 20-10-5 for the better part of the past decade. I say its clearly KG>Dirk because the nigga was simply a beast, for most of the past decade the only player that was anywhere near Duncan was KG...Dirk was always viewed as a second-tier PF up until last year. Thats not just my opinion and me being a hater, that was the consensus. Winning it all doesnt magically bump him over KG, especially since KG already has a ring as the best player on the team himself.

tesseractive
05-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Completely different comparisons, imo. None of those players are arguably the best defensive PF of all-time like KG is. None of them put up 20-10-5 for the better part of the past decade. I say its clearly KG>Dirk because the nigga was simply a beast, for most of the past decade the only player that was anywhere near Duncan was KG...Dirk was always viewed as a second-tier PF up until last year. Thats not just my opinion and me being a hater, that was the consensus. Winning it all doesnt magically bump him over KG, especially since KG already has a ring as the best player on the team himself.

I think it's a stretch to say that he won an MVP award while the "consensus" was that he was a second-tier player.

Axe Murderer
05-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Dirk was always viewed as a second-tier PF up until last year.

:lol not that I really care who was better KG or Dirk (like DoK said, Prime KG or Prime Dirk could be argued for years) but it's hilarious the lengths of retard you'll stoop yourself down to in order to put down Dirk

:lol Dirk viewed as a 2nd tier PF until he won a title

:lol making 4 All NBA first teams before last season

Ashy Larry
05-05-2012, 04:48 PM
http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/CubanF.gif

FkLA
05-05-2012, 05:34 PM
:lol not that I really care who was better KG or Dirk (like DoK said, Prime KG or Prime Dirk could be argued for years) but it's hilarious the lengths of retard you'll stoop yourself down to in order to put down Dirk

:lol Dirk viewed as a 2nd tier PF until he won a title

:lol making 4 All NBA first teams before last season

For the better part of the decade he was. He had the 06' and 07' seasons but other than that he wasnt in Duncans or KGs class until they got older and declined tbh. Shit even Webber was better than Dirk in the early-mid 00s. The funny thing is both you and DoK have said KG>Dirk in other threads having this same argument.

Axe Murderer
05-05-2012, 05:37 PM
For the better part of the decade he was. He had the 06' and 07' seasons but other than that he wasnt in Duncans or KGs class until they got older and declined tbh. Shit even Webber was better than Dirk in the early-mid 00s. The funny thing is both you and DoK have said KG>Dirk in other threads having this same argument.

I do think prime KG>prime Dirk. I also think Dirk was a first tier PF as evidenced by his 4 first team all NBA appearances

FkLA
05-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Second tier relative to TD and KG (and Webber in the early-mid 00s). Similar to Kobe, Wade and than guys like Manu in the second tier or how at one point it was Paul and Deron and than a bunch of solid PGs a tier below. Nothing wrong with that and doesnt mean Dirk wasnt very good those years. :toast

Axe Murderer
05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
What do you mean by "second tier"?

If you're defining it by arguing that Dirk was never the best PF in the game at any point in his career, then you have a sound argument.

If you think he was never one of the elite PF's in the game at any point in his career then i think you're intentionally being retarded.

FkLA
05-05-2012, 05:53 PM
What do you mean by "second tier"?

If you're defining it by arguing that Dirk was never the best PF in the game at any point in his career, then you have a sound argument.

If you think he was never one of the elite PF's in the game at any point in his career then i think you're intentionally being retarded.

Yall get too defensive tbh, you guys have a persecution complex that Im out to hate on Dirk or something. :lol

Obviously I think he was atleast a Top 5 PF in the league throughout pretty much all of his career. Top 3 for alot of years too. Im simply saying he wasnt in the same class as TD or KG. Similar to Paul/Deron being in a class of their own then a couple of very good, all-star, all-nba caliber players below them. Dont see how thats considered hating.

Axe Murderer
05-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Fair enough.

although imho Dirk surpassed Duncan and was the best PF in the game from 08-11. again doesn't really matter though because it's just a matter of opinion and we could argue until our dicks turn purple. I don't really wanna do that