PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant's rape case trial season

ChrisRichards
05-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I was reading an article regarding Jordan Hill's assault case and immediately thought of Kobe. Dave Chappelle made a joke about Kobe and the rape case. He said if Kobe cracked under pressure, the public was gonna be all over him. Instead, Kobe for the most part that year did pretty good for someone facing a sexual assault case.

I didn't follow the NBA that year tbqh. I was bummed out for a few years after Jordan retired and lost interest so I don't know how big of a deal this was.

Can anyone recall how NBA fans were treating Kobe everytime he visits another arena? Were people chanting "Rapist"? What type of stuff do fans hold up when he's at the line?

What was he general consensus among fans his peers or sports writers that time? Guilty? What was Shaq and Phil's reaction?

Was there ever a smoking gun proving he did/didn't do it?

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
He was extremely fortunate to get away with rape. He was in a bad state, but, once he raped he never made another mis-step. His people came into that room and wiped it clean. Then he hired that junkyard dog attorney and turned her loose inside an Eagle courtroom. She blasted hair all over those fuckin' walls. She almost resigned after he went on the dais that night with his wife, but, that proved to be a boon as well. Then he played the race card.

Me? With dual citizenship? I'd a gotten on the Lear.

TheSkeptic
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Has it ever been proven that he was (or wasn't) guilty of that?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM

Who cares?

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Of course he was guilty. He said so in the off the record settlement statement. Is he a common variety rapist? No. Did she say 'no?' Yes. Did he listen? 'No.'

He got out of Colorado as soon as he could. That was key. Then he got the right lawyer & she buried that little hamlet under a ton of paper.

Spurtacus
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM

He's guilty of being a cheating dumbass who got caught and paid off his wife with a million dollar ring.

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
He's guilty of being a cheating dumbass who got caught and paid off his wife with a million dollar ring.

Ya idiot. He bought that ring before he raped. You don't buy a ring like that off the rack.

Spurtacus
05-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Ya idiot. He bought that ring before he raped. You don't buy a ring like that off the rack.

I'm sure he did. It was his "Emergency: Only open when I rape" ring.

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm sure he did. It was his "Emergency: Only open when I rape" ring.

:rolleyes

Ya fuckin' fruitcake, you.

Spurtacus
05-01-2012, 05:34 PM
:rolleyes

Ya fuckin' fruitcake, you.

Don't be a sore loser.

midnightpulp
05-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Who cares?

If anyone should care, I'd expect it to be you, DD. Once you get your use out of Bryant as a Lakerfan and he's no longer an asset to the organization, I'm sure you'd be in favor of reopening the case and proving his guilt in order to put an obviously psychotic African American male (which Bryant is) behind bars where he belongs. Just think of the timebomb Kobe will turn into when he can't use basketball to channel his aggression?

I mean, how do dangerous do the figurative "Leroy and Jamal" become when they've lost sports or hip-hop as an outlet for their impulses?

Trill Clinton
05-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Kobe didn't rape that girl.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Wow, so Culby, he did admit it was not consensual? Isn't a confession + DNA normally a slam dunk case for the DA?

How was Shaq and Kobe's relationship at that time? Phil Jackson?

ChrisRichards
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I think he didn't do it but thats a baseless claim from my part. All I know is Kobe Bryant was rich, young, popular and goodlooking. I can't see him doing this. But then again, the heir of Max Factor was also rich, popular in his circle but he raped.

midnightpulp
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM

Course he did. Black men rape. These are things we know.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 05:50 PM

Why do black men cry during sex?

Pepper spray.

Spurtacus
05-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Crack whore :lol

http://wendyista.blogspot.com/2011/08/kobe-byrant-accuser-suffers-drug.html

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 05:51 PM
If anyone should care, I'd expect it to be you, DD. Once you get your use out of Bryant as a Lakerfan and he's no longer an asset to the organization, I'm sure you'd be in favor of reopening the case and proving his guilt in order to put an obviously psychotic African American male (which Bryant is) behind bars where he belongs. Just think of the timebomb Kobe will turn into when he can't use basketball to channel his aggression?

I mean, how do dangerous do the figurative "Leroy and Jamal" become when they've lost sports or hip-hop as an outlet for their impulses?

The man makes a good point here, not gonna lie.

midnightpulp
05-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Why do black men cry during sex?

Pepper spray.

:lol

Trill Clinton
05-01-2012, 05:52 PM

why rape when white women lust for the nigga dick?

I think he didn't do it but thats a baseless claim from my part. All I know is Kobe Bryant was rich, young, popular and goodlooking. I can't see him doing this. But then again, the heir of Max Factor was also rich, popular in his circle but he raped.

I can't see him doing it unless he was under the influence of some type of drug.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Kobe is not a druggie. Sure, he rapes, but let's not get slanderous here now.

Trill Clinton
05-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Kobe is not a druggie. Sure, he rapes, but let's not get slanderous here now.

She slipped him a molly.

midnightpulp
05-01-2012, 05:57 PM
The man makes a good point here, not gonna lie.

Yep. Good example is Kirby Puckett. Once he retired and no longer had baseball to redirect his baser instincts, he went on a rampage that resulted in former girlfriends filing protection orders against him and saw him groping random women in public restrooms.

Bynumite
05-01-2012, 05:58 PM
:deadhorse

midnightpulp
05-01-2012, 06:01 PM
why rape when white women lust for the nigga dick?

Only the fat ones do. They need Crovarius's 9 incher to get through the 5 inches of beef curtains and into their G spot.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
She slipped him a molly.

I doubt a white trash chick has access to pure mdma

Venti Quattro
05-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Jordan Hill and Kobe Bryant did stupid things but I feel like they are both victims of their own popularity.

and fwiw I am going to beat the shit of someone who destroys my iPhone. Even if it's a woman.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Only the fat ones do.

Yup, they call this "a jig and a pig" where I come from.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Yep. Good example is Kirby Puckett. Once he retired and no longer had baseball to redirect his baser instincts, he went on a rampage that resulted in former girlfriends filing protection orders against him and saw him groping random women in public restrooms.

That ninja was practically blind from Glaucoma, so I bet he just kept going into the wrong bathroom accidentally

Trill Clinton
05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Only the fat ones do. They need Crovarius's 9 incher to get through the 5 inches of beef curtains and into their G spot.

lol okay. *pats you on the head*

midnightpulp
05-01-2012, 06:08 PM
That ninja was practically blind from Glaucoma, so I bet he just kept going into the wrong bathroom accidentally

lol Kirby Puckett.

But that nigga could play. Boy, could he play.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 06:11 PM
lol Kirby Puckett.

But that nigga could play. Boy, could he play.

Three best players (not including pitchers) I saw growing up were Puckett, Gwynn, and Bonds. Amazing talents.

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow, so Culby, he did admit it was not consensual? Isn't a confession + DNA normally a slam dunk case for the DA?

How was Shaq and Kobe's relationship at that time? Phil Jackson?

But, he didn't confess until AFTER he cut the check and she signed the agreement.

Bynumite
05-01-2012, 06:56 PM

I get your point spurfan. Just like spurfan eagerly waits for Jim to finally come out of the closet once his nba days are over.

Spurfan wants Jim's career to last forever but deep down they know he's playing with a huge burden on his shoulders.

Once he assumes his true sexuality, Timmy will finally exhibit his tramp stamp and tongue ring with pride for everyone to see and assume a pivotal role as a spokesperson for the gay community.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Jordan Hill and Kobe Bryant did stupid things but I feel like they are both victims of their own popularity.

and fwiw I am going to beat the shit of someone who destroys my iPhone. Even if it's a woman.
This is horrible man. Would you advocate the same thing if it was your sister, daughter or mother?

Venti Quattro
05-01-2012, 07:04 PM
This is horrible man. Would you advocate the same thing if it was your sister, daughter or mother?

Not my family. I love my family. Any other person would do.

ChrisRichards
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
But, he didn't confess until AFTER he cut the check and she signed the agreement.

Damn. How much was the rumored settlement?

Is is true Kobe groped Moesha when Kobe took her to his prom night?

ChrisRichards
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Not my family. I love my family. Any other person would do.
Fair enough :lol

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Damn. How much was the rumored settlement?

No idea, but, I'm guessing $4 million.

Technique
05-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Bad rookie.

TheSkeptic
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM

Well that's interesting. Do you have a link to this one? I can't seem to find any decent sources...

I get your point spurfan. Just like spurfan eagerly waits for Jim to finally come out of the closet once his nba days are over.

Spurfan wants Jim's career to last forever but deep down they know he's playing with a huge burden on his shoulders.

Once he assumes his true sexuality, Timmy will finally exhibit his tramp stamp and tongue ring with pride for everyone to see and assume a pivotal role as a spokesperson for the gay community.

Duncan's married with kids.

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Well that's interesting. Do you have a link to this one? I can't seem to find any decent sources

Well, is it not obvious? The statement is a confession to rape, is it not? Read it. He wouldn't a made that statement unless he was assured there'd be no further criminal prosecution.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Even if he didn't rape...adultery is illegal in the state of Colorado, so he still broke the law, tbqh.

Spursfan092120
05-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Then you would be in prison...well deserved. Beat the shit out of a woman? Yeah...prison...definitely well deserved.

TheSkeptic
05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Well, is it not obvious? The statement is a confession to rape, is it not? Read it. He wouldn't a made that statement unless he was assured there'd be no further criminal prosecution.

Ok. I think I might have the wrong statement because this was the only thing I found that sounded remotely like an admission of guilt:

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did...I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

Not saying Kobe didn't do it, but I don't think that's a confession...

Adultery on the other hand he's definitely guilty of imo.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Then you would be in prison...well deserved. Beat the shit out of a woman? Yeah...prison...definitely well deserved.

Don't be so judgmental.

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Ok. I think I might have the wrong statement because this was the only thing I found that sounded remotely like an admission of guilt:

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did...I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

Not saying Kobe didn't do it, but I don't think that's a confession...

Adultery on the other hand he's definitely guilty of imo.

That's the one I was referring to. Sounds like a confession to me. I'm sure not in legalese though.

Venti Quattro
05-01-2012, 08:32 PM

They were stupid enough to destroy something that you have worked hard for. They should bear the consequences of the incoming fist that's going to head their way. Don't be so hypocritical. Deep down in your system, you have this animalistic gene.

TheSkeptic
05-01-2012, 08:34 PM
That's the one I was referring to. Sounds like a confession to me. I'm sure not in legalese though.

Hm...Just curious, but what about that reads as a confession to you?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM

That sounds like a very circuitous confession to me.

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM

[[[I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.]]]

BlackSwordsMan
05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
[[[I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.]]]

Fuck that whore she knew what she was doing when she went to his room. Same shit with Tyson bitch was like I went to his room at 2 AM to pray with him and he raped me.

TheSkeptic
05-01-2012, 08:50 PM
That sounds like a very circuitous confession to me.

...I guess I can kind of see it.

To me it still reads more like an apology than a confession. He's acknowledging her feelings in this statement with phrases like "I now understand", "I recognize", but he's not adopting her position "I truly believe that this encounter between us was consensual". Idk. Maybe this was a concession he had to make for the settlement?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-01-2012, 08:53 PM

To me it still reads more like an apology than a confession. He's acknowledging her feelings in this statement with phrases like "I now understand", "I recognize", but he's not adopting her position "I truly believe that this encounter between us was consensual". Idk. Maybe this was a concession he had to make for the settlement?

You don't acknowledge feelings by quasi-confessing to rape (unless you actually did it). He could've just said, "I'm sorry this whole incident happened" or some other vague shit.

Giuseppe
05-01-2012, 09:10 PM

& that (apology) made it permissable for her to take the check.

TheSkeptic
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
You don't acknowledge feelings by quasi-confessing to rape (unless you actually did it). He could've just said, "I'm sorry this whole incident happened" or some other vague shit.

Sure he can. Something takes place in the bedroom, she believes that one thing happened (assuming she's telling the truth) and he believes another (assuming he's telling the truth). He can recognize her feelings without agreeing with her that it was rape. The statement itself is fairly vague if you take the language into account.

I guess what bothers me is that I keep detecting more than one legal mind at work here which is why I'm wondering what the conditions of the settlement were.

Don't get me wrong, just looking at the facts I've seen superficially he's probably guilty of breaking the law. I'm just not convinced that this statement is a confession in the legal sense (or really at all). Inferring Kobe's guilt based on what's written here would be a fair take though imo.

& that (apology) made it permissable for her to take the check.

It's a possibility. Court proceedings are expensive and Kobe doesn't want to go through a criminal case. Maybe the prosecution isn't so confident (victim's story doesn't add up, they don't have any evidence,etc). So both parties agree to settle because neither of them is guaranteed of a victory.

Definitely looks like Kobe was guilty of either adultery or rape (which I guess would be both), but I just don't think this was a legal confession.

Bynumite
07-21-2013, 08:10 PM

The Goods

StrengthAndHonor
07-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Whatever happened to this OP?

Bynumite
07-21-2013, 08:39 PM

Duncan's married with kids.

:lmao

Chief Brody
07-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Bynumite deserves a spur for this tbh:lol