PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Highest-paying teams in the WORLD (Spurs #12)

NASpurs
05-02-2012, 10:58 AM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7850531/espn-magazine-sportingintelligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

83rd in payroll, 12th by average annual pay.

honestfool84
05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
well that's a surprise.

sa_butta
05-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Didn't realize soccer teams were that high.

Brazil
05-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Didn't realize soccer teams were that high.

not that surprising when you know that football (soccer) is the most popular sport in the world by far

romain.star
05-02-2012, 11:23 AM
In

romain.star
05-02-2012, 11:26 AM
not that surprising when you know that football (soccer) is the most popular sport in the world by far

Usually, in Northern America, WORLD = USA :rolleyes

GSH
05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
In Northern America, WORLD = USA

and romain.star = dick

Somebody admitted to not knowing something, and you have to turn it into nationalistic smack? I guess this is the only place where the people don't know everything. If you want to be treated with respect, a good place to start is by showing some.

And, you know, it could be turned around. Since the North American basketball and baseball audience is so much smaller than futbol, the salaries are amazingly high.

hater
05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
um, we are #83 in total payroll

#12 in average salary which just means we are very well balanced?

romain.star
05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
and romain.star = dick

Somebody admitted to not knowing something, and you have to turn it into nationalistic smack? I guess this is the only place where the people don't know everything. If you want to be treated with respect, a good place to start is by showing some.

And, you know, it could be turned around. Since the North American basketball and baseball audience is so much smaller than futbol, the salaries are amazingly high.

Mhhh... Yeah, I won't contest the fact that I'm probably a dick (and a French one on top of it). If I've hurt your feelings, sorry for that.

However, my post was not directly for sa_butta. Plus, I don't see where I turn it into a nationalistic smack...

For several reasons, a large part of the American people (not everyone though) tend not to look beyond their borders. The bigger your country is, the less you tend to be interested in what is going on outside. Same could be said about China.

PS: tell me if I'm wrong but I've heard quite a few times US fans and journalists qualifying the NBA winners as World Champions.

DAF86
05-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Hmm no, it means we divide by 13/15 players while other sports do it for around 30 or more.

hater
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Hmm no, it means we divide by 13/15 players while other sports do it for around 30 or more.

I was comparing vs. other bball teams

Sec24Row7
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
We have the 5th highest payroll in the league and yet we have the 2nd highest average salary?

They messed something up...

DAF86
05-02-2012, 12:16 PM

We're not "83rd in payroll" in the NBA, we're 5th.

DAF86
05-02-2012, 12:17 PM
We have the 5th highest payroll in the league and yet we have the 2nd highest average salary?

Less players in the squad than other teams is my guess.

temujin
05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
and romain.star = dick

They are.

Ridiculously high.

In fact, they are high even compared to American futball.

In football, at 8 M Euros, you get a more valuable player than Richard Jefferson.

temujin
05-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Mhhh... Yeah, I won't contest the fact that I'm probably a dick (and a French one on top of it). If I've hurt your feelings, sorry for that.

However, my post was not directly for sa_butta. Plus, I don't see where I turn it into a nationalistic smack...

For several reasons, a large part of the American people (not everyone though) tend not to look beyond their borders. The bigger your country is, the less you tend to be interested in what is going on outside. Same could be said about China.

PS: tell me if I'm wrong but I've heard quite a few times US fans and journalists qualifying the NBA winners as World Champions.

Popovich strongly against that.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Popovich strongly against that.

Don't give ammo to KBP ;) he'll ride that line for a minimum of 5 threads.

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 01:02 PM
B:lolrcelon:lol

Cane
05-02-2012, 01:04 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the Spurs handle the offseason with Duncan's contract and etc

God damn MLB, Yankees are 2nd in total payroll and Philly 5th :downspin:

Beanzamillion21
05-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Fuk Yo "Small Market" Clowns

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Kind of surprising that Real's payroll is higher when they have another "Galacticos" lineup.

But then, who needs the Galacticos when you need to pay a shitload of money to Messi=GOD and Xaviniesta. :lol

NASpurs
05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
:lmao did you see where Liverpool is at? Obviously that money is going to good use with the season they're having.

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
:lmao did you see where Liverpool is at? Obviously that money is going to good use with the season they're having.

:lmao King Kenny
:lmao Andy Carroll
:lmao one "nobody cares" Carling Cup for all that worldly talent

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Also, :lmao Inter

NASpurs
05-02-2012, 01:24 PM
:lmao La Liga
:lmao Barcelona #1
:lmao Real Madrid #2
:lmao next La Liga team #72
:lmao equality

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 01:25 PM
:cry but but but we have the best league in the world :cry

:lmao Missi
:lmao Sergio Ramos

NASpurs
05-02-2012, 01:27 PM
:lmao Malaga just scored 1-1

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
:lmao Barcelolololololololololona

hater
05-02-2012, 01:29 PM
that's why Spain was the biggest laughingstock in the world for decades. They'd have the best league and would always choke in WC

until they won last time around :(

now it's LOL Italy

and LOL Messi

hater
05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
We're not "83rd in payroll" in the NBA, we're 5th.

I never said that

bingo, this guy gets it:

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 01:31 PM
LOL England too. They always walk into the WC thinking that they're God's gift to humanity. :lmao

hater
05-02-2012, 01:31 PM
LOL England too. They always walk into the WC thinking that they're God's gift to humanity. :lmao

:lmao true

LOL Beckam

LOL Rooney

LOL toothless faggots

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 01:33 PM
:lmao Roy Hodgson
:lmao 'Arry
:lmao FA

Jimcs50
05-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Just goes to show don't let your kids play football. NFL pay sucks in comparison to other major sports

DAF86
05-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I never said that

I know you didn't. I was just ironically exposing your goal post moving.

Limguogolo
05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Expect some changes next years because the spanish clubs won't able to pay their players anymore. The debts in european football are abyssal. 1.6 billion €.

hater
05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I know you didn't. I was just ironically exposing your goal post moving.

my post "um, we are #83 in total payroll" was referring to the thread title that makes it seem Spurs spend as much as those teams

my post about spurs being balanced, was referring to other NBA teams that spend more than us not being as high on the list in average salary.

Don't worry. I can help you out anytime you get confused. :toast

DAF86
05-02-2012, 01:54 PM
my post "um, we are #83 in total payroll" was referring to the thread title that makes it seem Spurs spend as much as those teams

my post about spurs being balanced, was referring to other NBA teams that spend more than us not being as high on the list in average salary.

Don't worry. I can help you out anytime you get confused. :toast

Well, that's retarded 'cause balance doesn't have anything to do with that.

And if you want people to understand your posts you should redact them properly.

hater
05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Well, that's retarded 'cause balance doesn't have anything to do with that.

And if you want people to understand your posts you should redact them properly.

I'm sorry I confused you buddy. :toast

DAF86
05-02-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry I confused you buddy. :toast

:lol I'm going to let you go 'cause I'm cool with you and you know you fucked up.

temujin
05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Don't give ammo to KBP ;) he'll ride that line for a minimum of 5 threads.

No worry.
You need to pay internet's fees to participate.

Drz
05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm very ignorant as to how NBA salary caps work, but can't you offer your own player more money than any other team can offer? I know Duncan and Ginobili are on max contracts, not sure about Parker, but maybe just having two people like that is enough to put us at #5.

DMC
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Wow, strikes fear into the heart just reading it.

Where's the WNBA in all that?

kskonn
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm very ignorant as to how NBA salary caps work, but can't you offer your own player more money than any other team can offer? I know Duncan and Ginobili are on max contracts, not sure about Parker, but maybe just having two people like that is enough to put us at #5.

Since when was ginobli on a max contract? I believe that no one on the team is at a max contract, didn't duncan take less than max to allow some flexibility to the front office to upgrade the supporting cast?

kskonn
05-02-2012, 04:54 PM
For what it is worth here are the spurs current salaries.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

timvp
05-02-2012, 05:01 PM
A lot of math failure in this thread. As for that listing, it apparently believes the Spurs have 13 players. They actually have 15 now (unless Byars was waived, which I haven't seen). The Spurs haven't had 13 players since the Mills signing, tbh.

Cry Havoc
05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

We're 8th in the NBA according to hoopshype?

pgardn
05-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Yes and last year Barcelona was called the best team in the world. And for good reason, they were. But the MLS did not play in UEFA. And if the MLS ever sent a team they would be crushed.

Dallas would have beaten any team in the world from Europe or Asia or anywhere else. Same difference. The NBA champion is not officially World Champions, but they are the best team in the world. There is no team in the world, outside of the US, that could beat Dallas in a 7 game series with the team they had last year.

Now we await the onslaught of Greek teams that are better than any NBA team...