PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson: Inspired By Tragedy

SpursRock20
05-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Time has dulled the pain but not the final image of his brother, his best friend and hero, lying motionless in a Port Arthur intensive care unit, massive head wounds closed with 17 staples.

Donald Buckner Jr. did not ask for trouble. He only went to visit his girlfriend. But when her ex-boyfriend showed up, jealousy begat rage. The fight that followed did not end quickly or fairly, and for that, Stephen Jackson carries lasting remorse. "I still think about it to this day," he says, seated on the gym floor at the Spurs practice facility, leaning against a wall. "I wish I could have been there for him."

Read on... http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/120502_rodriguez_jackson

smaka
05-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Very touching story, I've heard it for the first time today.
I now have even bigger respect for him, he seems the right guy!

SpurinDallas
05-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Wow. Almost had a man cry moment at work. Let's win this for his brother

Nathan Explosion
05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
I heard about that story when he was in Indiana. They were saying it was one of the reasons he followed Artest into the stands that night.

manufan10
05-02-2012, 03:28 PM
I heard about that story when he was in Indiana. They were saying it was one of the reasons he followed Artest into the stands that night.

That's exactly what I thought as I was reading it.

100%duncan
05-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Wow. I though Jax would have responded in a bad way but he used the tragedy to make everyone better. Gotta love Sjax being on the team. The passion, determination, hustle,bball IQ, and the loyalty he brings to the team is all you can ask for.

hooperflash
05-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Jack is the Man!! RIP DB Jr

Spurs Brazil
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Jax is great

Stringer_Bell
05-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Never heard that story, but it helps put some of his "attitude" into perspective. Every game, I'm still amazed we got him back and how easy he's let the game come to him. Even if we don't reach the promised land this year, it's been such a fun season and I feel like the team is complete because we got our swag man back. No regrets, just go out and ball like Jack does.