PDA

View Full Version : Which ESPN analyst should get off the analyst table?

irishock
05-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Magic, Barry, Broussard or Wilbon?

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Magic

lefty
05-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Magic

Good guy, but not TV friendly

DMC
05-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Barry. Magic is interesting, he struggles to pronounce simple words, but he's entertaining in a "I'm a legend, so here's my worthless take" kinda way, but Barry is just a butt hurt faggot.

Ex-players have too many "he my boy" moments, so their takes are often biased and not even close to accurate. Just have Wilbon and a guest. No need for anyone else.

lefty
05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I like Wilbon

ginobili's bald spot
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Magic isn't a great orator. It's time to quit that bullshit job and concentrate on the Dodgers.

DMC
05-02-2012, 06:04 PM
I haven't seen any talk here about Barkley's Emmy award.

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Inside the NBA is awesome.

NewcastleKEG
05-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Magic doesn't add anything but his legacy. Barry is brutally honest

JJ Hickson
05-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Barkley, Magic or any other nig who can't even speak coherent English shouldn't be on the air.

pass1st
05-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Magic is my favorite player, but should just sit down and enjoy his AIDS-free life away from basketball

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 06:34 PM
He already has a lot of businesses, I wonder why he still wants to venture into analysis.

resistanze
05-02-2012, 06:40 PM
He already has a lot of businesses, I wonder why he still wants to venture into analysis.

When you cure HIV, you can do anything brah.

MattBonnerExperience
05-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Stephen A. Smith, dude's trademark is being quick tempered and yelling.

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 06:52 PM
This was Stephen A. Smith's apex:

6PP4RT-vv-o

Everything from there is downhill.

pass1st
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
This was Stephen A. Smith's apex:

6PP4RT-vv-o

Everything from there is downhill.

His ranting on Lebron is gold too, if LBJ chokes again then he will need his own 2 hour special to say what he wants to say

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 07:15 PM
His ranting on Lebron is gold too, if LBJ chokes again then he will need his own 2 hour special to say what he wants to say

LeBron bashers and critics on the media are a dime a dozen. The things he will rant about Bron won't be different from the next guy who's going to rip him apart. But the way he ripped Kwame Brown on national TV rivals the way Jordan ripped Kwame apart.

pass1st
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
LeBron bashers and critics on the media are a dime a dozen. The things he will rant about Bron won't be different from the next guy who's going to rip him apart. But the way he ripped Kwame Brown on national TV rivals the way Jordan ripped Kwame apart.

I think if LBJ chokes this year away, a year that should be basically an automatic :lobt:*, he will top his Kwame Brown rant.

NewcastleKEG
05-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Smith does First Take full time now. Alot of this

68vb5BkLexc

scanry
05-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Magic was actually pretty good on Inside the NBA. But then again Barkley could do that any terrible analyst. Shaq however is just terrible and is always looking to pick up a fight. Good thing Barkley can just about tolerate any fool on the show.

I say kick Shaq off the show. Can't stand him no more.

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Agree with Shaq. He should get his fat ass out of Inside the NBA. Kenny, EJ, Chuck are a fantastic combo. Shaq, for all his size, becomes an outcast and he doesn't help it either because he rarely makes sense.

baseline bum
05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Magic from ESPN, Shaq from TNT.

scanry
05-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Magic from ESPN, Shaq from TNT.

I say swap the two.

Venti Quattro
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I say swap the two.

Not sure what's that going to accomplish.

scanry
05-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Not sure what's that going to accomplish.
I don't watch the ESPN half time show anyway. The show needs an overhaul for anyone to take notice. It's pretty embarrassing that Hannah Storm on NBC could put on a better show back in the days.

P.S. Bill Walton will instantly make the show better. :lol

NewcastleKEG
05-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Magic can't take the humor of Chuck

NewcastleKEG
05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't watch the ESPN half time show anyway. The show needs an overhaul for anyone to take notice. It's pretty embarrassing that Hannah Storm on NBC could put on a better show back in the days.

P.S. Bill Walton will instantly make the show better. :lol
Because unless you watch ESPN daytime, you are wondering WTF Wilbon & Brussard are. Barry doesn't get respect although he is one of the better analyst on ESPN

& Magic's opinion are ALWAYS predictable.

spursncowboys
05-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Jesse Palmer. He is retarded.

Magic is pretty non-biased. I would say kick him because he is an owner, but he does a good job of being objective.

lefty
05-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Doris Burke isnt bad TBH

scanry
05-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Doris Burke isnt bad TBH

Can't stand her. By far the worst commentator we have in the NBA. :bang

Venti Quattro
05-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Doris Burke isnt bad TBH

Are you kidding?

TacoCabanaFajitas
05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Magic was actually pretty good on Inside the NBA. But then again Barkley could do that any terrible analyst. Shaq however is just terrible and is always looking to pick up a fight. Good thing Barkley can just about tolerate any fool on the show.

I say kick Shaq off the show. Can't stand him no more.

Shaq has his moments, but they are few and far between. He's trying way too hard to get laughs and exert his personality on the show, instead of finding his niche and fitting in. It's a great show when its EJ, Jet, and Chuck and their formula is EJ introducing the topic, then Jet gives his opinion and then Charles and THEN they will have a little debate and exchange a one-liner or two. With Shaq in there it's EJ introducing the topic, Charles starts in on his answer and not 3 seconds later "CHUCK DONT BE STICKING UP FOR THEM"..."CHUCK IT'S LIKE WHEN I WAS PLAYING" "CHUCK I WAS BETTER THAN YOU" and it's nonstop. I didn't catch too much of Inside the NBA this year, not like I used to at least, but I have seen more than enough (especially during the last 2 weeks) to know that Shaq is not a good fit

lefty
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Are you kidding?
No

Sportcamper
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I must be the only NBA fan who likes to hear what Magic has to say…The guy is very intelligent & I don’t have any problem understanding what he is saying…

Sir Charles…Not so much…

TacoCabanaFajitas
05-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I must be the only NBA fan who likes to hear what Magic has to say…The guy is very intelligent & I don’t have any problem understanding what he is saying…

Sir Charles…Not so much…

I've never understood the hate anyone has for Chuck. You never have to wonder if he is being easy on someone because his friend is the coach/owner/player on a team.

He calls it like he sees it, and in a corporate world so dead-set on political correctness and this bullshit "everyone is a winner" attitude, it's refreshing to have a guy like Barkley on tv each night having conversations that sound like the ones you would have with friends.

Sportcamper
05-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I don’t find anything likeable about Barkley as an analyst…He is obnoxious, dim witted, he emphases every point like he is the final voice of authority…I wish some team would give him a coaching job like they did for Mark Jackson so we can get him off the air…:lmao

djohn2oo8
05-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I don’t find anything likeable about Barkley as an analyst…He is obnoxious, dim witted, he emphases every point like he is the final voice of authority…I wish some team would give him a coaching job like they did for Mark Jackson so we can get him off the air…:lmao
LOL Barkley is there for ENTERTAINMENT.

Mugen
05-03-2012, 09:55 AM

:lol taking Chuck's analysis seriously

scanry
05-03-2012, 10:18 AM

Barkley is the best sports analyst we have on tv period. IMO Chuck will never coach in his life. Just the other day, he said coaching is too hard after Memphis had their collapse against the Clippers.

Sportcamper
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Barkley is the best sports analyst we have on tv period.

Seriously…The only person more annoying than Barkley is Mark Jackson….

DMC
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM

You can see the areas in which they were raised in their speaking styles. Chuck was raised in such a fashion as to have to raise his voice to get heard, so he does it. He's getting better at that. He's a bit smug now that he's won an Emmy, and I don't like the suit he wears. I prefer him in his casual attire like he normally is. I hate it when a producer tries to refine a great product, leave it the hell alone. Get Shaq the fuck off the air. He's too self centered (and he means it). Kenny is a bit cocky, but he's very insightful and he's been doing that shit a long time. Chuck is great, period. Ernie holds the show together. He's hilarious. I think he's often the funniest guy on the show.

DMC
05-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Stephen A. Smith, dude's trademark is being quick tempered and yelling.

Smith is great. He's a New Yorker, they yell. He's incredibly insightful and if you can sift through his showboating, you can find some real gems. He also have a shit ton of connections so he gets scoops.